Author Topic: [IC] Modernized OTD PCBs and reproduction plates  (Read 47298 times)

Offline alisonica

Re: [IC] Modernized OTD PCBs and reproduction plates
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 11:06:52 »
Only those with Gunmetal CL, .2 and Military Minis need apply 👌

Would you like to get the beige one too? I can always put in an order and they'll be made within days.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 14:57:48 »
Only those with Gunmetal CL, .2 and Military Minis need apply 👌

Would you like to get the beige one too? I can always put in an order and they'll be made within days.

What is the moq?

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 00:12:03 »
any eta on when the sale will happen? I'll likely buy at least 4 pcb+plates and maybe cables
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline alisonica

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:02:14 »

Offline alisonica

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 11:02:59 »
any eta on when the sale will happen? I'll likely buy at least 4 pcb+plates and maybe cables

In a few days time, don't worry they will always be in stock, just make sure to check back on this page.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 19:09:26 »

Offline adxlk

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 06 December 2019, 04:04:17 »

In a few days time, don't worry they will always be in stock, just make sure to check back on this page.

any eta? you said after the 25th of nov but nothing yet. Just asking, no pressure :D

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 13:43:51 »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

any update?

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 13:49:18 »
Hope this is still alive
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 25 December 2019, 20:27:44 »
If you arent running this can you release the plate file?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #110 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 19:49:44 »

Do you really understand what you are asking? 1st he put time and money in the CAD files and prototypes.
2nd many have tried to reproduce the plates for an OTD keyboard and success has been a rare thing if it has occurred.
He should enjoy the fruits of his labors.
If the project has died I suspect there is a reason - the arm of OTD used to be long and you did not want to be banned by them from the keyboard community.

I'm sorry but I had to comment on this request. It is almost like when someone asked if I would send them the files for the Mira keypad so they could produce it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 December 2019, 19:52:38 by ninjadoc »

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 20:02:12 »

Do you really understand what you are asking? 1st he put time and money in the CAD files and prototypes.
2nd many have tried to reproduce the plates for an OTD keyboard and success has been a rare thing if it has occurred.
He should enjoy the fruits of his labors.
If the project has died I suspect there is a reason - the arm of OTD used to be long and you did not want to be banned by them from the keyboard community.

I'm sorry but I had to comment on this request. It is almost like when someone asked if I would send them the files for the Mira keypad so they could produce it.

I appreciate you defending the work of runners. They should always be compensated for their work. But lets not be too dramatic of the difficulty of making CAD plate files. I've done it for other boards. Even OTDs with the recessed indents and all. And will likely do one for this board. Printing them is just as easy, even with 2 attempts it will be $100. I was hoping he would share to save the time.

I keep checking this thread and it doesn't seem like the guy is running the buy. So asking if he would release the plate file so others may imho is not the most insane thing in the world.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 20:11:05 »
He hasn't been on Geekhack since October. Frankly I've known many who attempted to make a plate for an OTD PCB and everyone in the past failed. The spacing is peculiar to their PCB and all the previous attempts that I heard about failed. I haven't been active since the Mira SE GB so I can't comment on attempts since then.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 20:16:31 »
He hasn't been on Geekhack since October. Frankly I've known many who attempted to make a plate for an OTD PCB and everyone in the past failed. The spacing is peculiar to their PCB and all the previous attempts that I heard about failed. I haven't been active since the Mira SE GB so I can't comment on attempts since then.

You are correct. They are tricky. The one I did had a failed attempt also. And once done, there would still need to be a custom PCB to go with it. With eyes on getting both, I was trying to jumpstart the process by urging step one along if he doesn't plan on running the buy.

Offline Sshimosawa

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 15:27:49 »
Again OP wondering if you may provide a plate file if this wont be run?

Offline alisonica

« Reply #115 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 08:34:38 »
Hello all,

my bad for the massive delay, had some major engineering issues at my main job, here is what's left for me to do:
1) waiting on antistatic bags (should come in monday 13/jan)
2) waiting on packaging (comes in next week 17/jan)
3) waiting on cost breakdown, bill of materials (comes in next week)

Will take orders now via email and orders will be shipped within 3 days after payment, no groupbuy, always in stock until out of stock.

please drop me an email at alison@goldenmotor.com with the following format

Your paypal email for invoicing, shipping information.
1) no. of PCBs, Version 1 or 2
*Version 1 is alps only (MX spacing is wrong), version 2 is alps/MX (MX spacing is correct)
2) no. of matt Black OG cables, Version A2C or A2Mini
USB-A to C or A to Mini
3) No. of Red Sorbothane, larger than TKL size

4) Theoretical number of plates needed
*No plates will be shipped this time round until anodizing is complete
*plates will be in stock soon and will be available for purchase once it and the packaging reaches the warehouse

Plate files will be released soon.

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 09:05:18 »
Hello all,

my bad for the massive delay, had some major engineering issues at my main job, here is what's left for me to do:
1) waiting on antistatic bags (should come in monday 13/jan)
2) waiting on packaging (comes in next week 17/jan)
3) waiting on cost breakdown, bill of materials (comes in next week)

Will take orders now via email and orders will be shipped within 3 days after payment, no groupbuy, always in stock until out of stock.

please drop me an email at alison@goldenmotor.com with the following format

Your paypal email for invoicing, shipping information.
1) no. of PCBs, Version 1 or 2
*Version 1 is alps only (MX spacing is wrong), version 2 is alps/MX (MX spacing is correct)
2) no. of matt Black OG cables, Version A2C or A2Mini
USB-A to C or A to Mini
3) No. of Red Sorbothane, larger than TKL size

4) Theoretical number of plates needed
*No plates will be shipped this time round until anodizing is complete
*plates will be in stock soon and will be available for purchase once it and the packaging reaches the warehouse

Plate files will be released soon.

sent my order..waiting for invoice..

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 12:06:40 »
when are you going to send invoice? do you have to wait for plate to come, then invoice and send them all? or plate and PCB will be sent separately? Thanks

Offline alisonica

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 23:22:52 »
when are you going to send invoice? do you have to wait for plate to come, then invoice and send them all? or plate and PCB will be sent separately? Thanks

I will send the invoice when the current stock (no plates yet) is all packed and ready to ship. This will most likely happen within the month.
Plates will be instock soon (I don't have any anodizing facility so the QC will take some time), and they'll be on sale once they're all packed and ready to go.

Mini/Winkey TKL versions and Beige Cables will be the next depending on whether OP has enough time to design the PCBs.

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 23:27:56 »

I will send the invoice when the current stock (no plates yet) is all packed and ready to ship. This will most likely happen within the month.
Plates will be instock soon (I don't have any anodizing facility so the QC will take some time), and they'll be on sale once they're all packed and ready to go.

Mini/Winkey TKL versions and Beige Cables will be the next depending on whether OP has enough time to design the PCBs.

thanks. if you can reply my email and confirm my order, that would be best.  ;D

Offline adxlk

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 06:49:54 »

What's the lead time to make the beige cable?
Will the cable be coil or straight?

Offline alisonica

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 01:46:14 »
Hello,

I will reply to all emails indicating the price and shipping fee, and I will invoice you after you have confirmed the final order.

Manufacturing time will take two weeks for Beige cables, there is however an MOQ of 200 pieces so I will probably do 100 beige/ 100 pink etc.

Plate color and finish did not turn out as expected, I will be sourcing another anodizing factory this week. I will open source the plate file in a few days time.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 08:55:19 »
Hello,

I will reply to all emails indicating the price and shipping fee, and I will invoice you after you have confirmed the final order.

Manufacturing time will take two weeks for Beige cables, there is however an MOQ of 200 pieces so I will probably do 100 beige/ 100 pink etc.

Plate color and finish did not turn out as expected, I will be sourcing another anodizing factory this week. I will open source the plate file in a few days time.

What will you do with the plate that did not turn out as expected? I know some people would not care much, of course, if you sell at discounted price

Do you have a sample of the beige or pink?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 09:19:43 »
Hello guys,

Sorry for the very very very long delay. Long story short, have other stuff to do.
I'm operating this from Germany, however the factories are in China.

The idea: Upgrade OTDs

Your upgrade options:
1) RED KOREAN JESUS CEM-3 QMK Programmable PCB with MX/ALPs compatibility (with all possible Caps lock position)
2) BLACK matt OG coiled cables with USB A/C headers (because glossy sucks)
3) RED Aluminum plates/half plates (with MOQ and lead time so if there's not many orders OP can release the plate design and you cut your own baby!)
4) RED Sorbothane

Current Situation: Halloween 2019
I already have the PCBs made, there are 200 pieces of V1 and 100 pieces of V2.

V1 PCB: 200 pieces, had a problem with the spacing for Cherry MX, however this will fit ALPS builds.
(Will update the specifics, will probably be sold at a super low price)

V2 PCB: 100 pieces, MX/ALPs fits perfectly fine
Both PCBS are QMK

Cables: 200 pieces, matt Black OG coiled cables with USB-A/C headers
(Will confirm the specific number of A and C headers)

Plates: You can either use the original plate, we will also have plates too but there will be MOQ on each type.

Sorbothane: will be larger than the OTD, you need to cut it yourself, it's also very heavy and will affect shipping prices.

GB soon, Any unsold PCBs and OG cables will be put up for sale online until stock runs out.

Will update pictures and pricing soon.
Is there a pricing table? Can you publish it?

Offline alisonica

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 10:57:31 »
What will you do with the plate that did not turn out as expected? I know some people would not care much, of course, if you sell at discounted price
Do you have a sample of the beige or pink?

No can't sell failed samples sorry sir, no samples yet but i'm shopping for the beige pellets that will match OG cherry keyset modifiers (not the NCR one) and the pink to match 456GT pink. Don't really want to rush this, gotta show respect for the OTDs, only making premium products.

Is there a pricing table? Can you publish it?

Yes I will disclose the price, however the shipping price will vary for everyone.

FYI upcoming:
1) OP will post a guide on soldering the cables.
2) Plate files have been edited (Apparently the 456GT and Corsa have different plate dimensions O.o) and will be posted in a few days once I've checked the dimensions.
3) If all goes well and OTDers are satisfied with this upgrade kit, the mini pimp kit (Korean Baby Jesus) will come next. Maybe even with HOTSWAP.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #125 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 10:51:24 »
Unfortunately, Chinese new year and Coronavirus will be causing delays.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #126 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 00:33:00 »
Any updates?

Offline Exemplar

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 02 March 2020, 01:13:29 »
When the time comes, I will join for 3 PCBs most likely.
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Offline heyman

• ⌨️ 🔥
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 02:36:08 »
Go Go Go! I can't wait
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR 910 CE | Matrix 8XV1.0 | Matrix 8XV2.0 | Matrix 6XV2.0 | OTD 456GT | OTD 356Mini | LZ MP | LZ CLS | Iron165 FE |

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 18:11:32 »
any update?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 03:59:45 »
Anyone know what sized o-ring should be used for the TKL pcb?
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline alisonica

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 14:10:17 »
Dear friends,

Due to the coronavirus, my factory in China has temporarily switched to mass-producing facemasks to meet the global demand. Rest assured the product is still there, however it is my decision not to jeopardise the safety of you and your neighbourhood delivery guy for this product, especially Americans as they are dealing with the worst (Yes you, american clackers, stay home). I am sincerely sorry you all had to wait so long, please stay safe and stay in doors. I promise to remove all markup and sell at cost price.

I have received and saved all your e-mails and will start taking orders when the crisis is over, in the meantime, stay at home, clack at home and let's all survive this. (www.typeracer.com kills boredom)

Best regards,
Alison
Goldenmotor Technology Co. Ltd
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2020, 14:12:41 by alisonica »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 14:58:13 »
Dear friends,

Due to the coronavirus, my factory in China has temporarily switched to mass-producing facemasks to meet the global demand. Rest assured the product is still there, however it is my decision not to jeopardise the safety of you and your neighbourhood delivery guy for this product, especially Americans as they are dealing with the worst (Yes you, american clackers, stay home). I am sincerely sorry you all had to wait so long, please stay safe and stay in doors. I promise to remove all markup and sell at cost price.

I have received and saved all your e-mails and will start taking orders when the crisis is over, in the meantime, stay at home, clack at home and let's all survive this. (www.typeracer.com kills boredom)

Best regards,
Alison

Thanks for the update. And for thinking of the delivery people. Keyboard game is waiting game. Be well!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 16:52:02 »
yes, thanks for the update and also for working on this project for everyone.  :)  i'm hoping to get some new pcbs for my 360c.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Kinesiologist

« Reply #134 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 20:48:54 »
how can i go about joining this group buy?

Offline mech0nly

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 21:17:29 »
Dear friends,

Best regards,
Alison

Sent you an order email as well. Thank you and stay safe everyone :thumb:
356CL DGE | 356mini | 360C | G81-3000SAT | G81-3000SAU | G81-3077SAU | ESA-3000-HASRO | G80-3000LPCXY-2 | G80-3485LWNUS-2 | 55g HHKB

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #136 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 13:35:21 »
is there any update?

Offline brohothepirate

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 14:26:47 »
Filled out the IC form!

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:38:18 »
Hope this goes into production soon.

Offline Protein

« Reply #139 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 00:59:57 »
any update on the plates? or plate files?

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 07:24:20 »
anyone have info where i can make CEM-3 PCB?
still searching for CEM-3 PCB manufacturer to make some surprises :p

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 04:02:18 »
Any update on this? I realise the pandemic hasn’t disappeared but most GBs have picked back up again and Mechlovin are now making their own version of this PCB as well.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 08:44:47 »
Any update on this? I realise the pandemic hasn’t disappeared but most GBs have picked back up again and Mechlovin are now making their own version of this PCB as well.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:19:33 »

Show Image

Oh for sure. Just aware that alisonica is apparently sat on 300 PCBs and she might want to get a wriggle on.

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 07:18:40 »
interested
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline keyboardcircle

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 22:52:55 »
wake up.. Crisis is over..

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 13:07:21 »
Hey @kawasaki161, I sent you a DM
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline eaglevee

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 08 April 2023, 01:26:37 »
Hi, I've missed this. Can I have the plate file? I wanna rebuild my plate