Author Topic: [GB] hbcp - QC/shipping  (Read 103843 times)

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
Re: [GB] hbcp - QC/shipping
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 18:08:27 »
i love bush, hiney.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 19:07:40 »
Hiney the goat. GB communication and timelines has been impeccable.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 12:50:25 »
yo im so dumb and the PCBs have a small problem

it affects the 6 key on the numpad. the RGB LED signal cuts straight through the diode pad on the switch footprint. it's an easy fix for the handful of people I've already shipped:

cut on the red lines

this makes the RGB not work properly, obviously... i've ordered new PCBs for the polycarb orders. the rest of the PCBs that ship with the aluminum cases will have this cut made to them by me.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 16:02:51 »
yo im so dumb and the PCBs have a small problem

it affects the 6 key on the numpad. the RGB LED signal cuts straight through the diode pad on the switch footprint. it's an easy fix for the handful of people I've already shipped:

cut on the red lines

Show Image

this makes the RGB not work properly, obviously... i've ordered new PCBs for the polycarb orders. the rest of the PCBs that ship with the aluminum cases will have this cut made to them by me.

As a polycarb buyer, I am very okay with this. Thanks for getting it fixed :)

Offline edduh

« Reply #154 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 22:29:08 »
any ideas when the extra would be up for grabs?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #155 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 22:30:23 »
any ideas when the extra would be up for grabs?

after the gb units ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Melanic

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:31:25 »
I've never used VIA before so maybe I'm missing a step.

I've downloaded VIA and the .hex file following the link below. However, when I run VIA it starts searching for devices but never finds any. I've tried plugging in pcb then loading VIA. Having VIA on and then plugging in pcb. Pressing the little button on the pcb while plugged in with VIA on, and pressing the little button while plugging it in.

When I first plugged in the PCB Windows did detect it properly so at least the computer knows it's there...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

18 black hbcps are currently out of my hands and in the hands of USPS/DHL or delivered.

the remaining black ones (except for bigger orders, like 4+ PCBs/plates) and any that have an Alps plate order (read below) will be out Tuesday. I will hopefully also start getting pink ones out then too.

Silver and the PC ones will be shipped after I get some more of the black/pink out. Trying to make some more room for myself lol

VIA is active for the PCB but it does not come with the VIA hex flashed. You can download it here: https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware#0 Note that you cannot change the indicator colors with VIA *yet* - however you can use the RGB commands now for the underglow. To change the indicator colors you have to do it in QMK itself by adjusting the HSV_* values in the hbcp.c file. If you need help with this message me and I can help ya out.

Regarding the alps stuff, I decided to bite the bullet and order some new PCBs with a fixed hybrid alps+MX enter footprint. I will have some (8-10ish) extras for whomever may want one. I will be hand soldering the MCU/USB/RGB LEDs on these so they may take a little longer to get out, however there aren't too many so hopefully not too much longer lol. It's the right thing to do for everyone involved.

The patience has been outstanding, thanks yall

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:47:01 »

I've downloaded VIA and the .hex file following the link below. However, when I run VIA it starts searching for devices but never finds any. I've tried plugging in pcb then loading VIA. Having VIA on and then plugging in pcb. Pressing the little button on the pcb while plugged in with VIA on, and pressing the little button while plugging it in.

When I first plugged in the PCB Windows did detect it properly so at least the computer knows it's there...

Did you flash the new .hex onto the PCB? You can do that with QMK toolbox: https://qmk.fm/toolbox/ make sure you select the AT90USB1286 in the top right menu, and browse to the correct .hex. Once you reset the PCB the AT90 device should show up (make sure you have the drivers detailed on the Toolbox page installed as well) and flash.

Just did that process myself and the PCB shows up fine:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:47:40 »

18 black hbcps are currently out of my hands and in the hands of USPS/DHL or delivered.

the remaining black ones (except for bigger orders, like 4+ PCBs/plates) and any that have an Alps plate order (read below) will be out Tuesday. I will hopefully also start getting pink ones out then too.

Silver and the PC ones will be shipped after I get some more of the black/pink out. Trying to make some more room for myself lol

VIA is active for the PCB but it does not come with the VIA hex flashed. You can download it here: https://caniusevia.com/docs/download_firmware#0 Note that you cannot change the indicator colors with VIA *yet* - however you can use the RGB commands now for the underglow. To change the indicator colors you have to do it in QMK itself by adjusting the HSV_* values in the hbcp.c file. If you need help with this message me and I can help ya out.

Regarding the alps stuff, I decided to bite the bullet and order some new PCBs with a fixed hybrid alps+MX enter footprint. I will have some (8-10ish) extras for whomever may want one. I will be hand soldering the MCU/USB/RGB LEDs on these so they may take a little longer to get out, however there aren't too many so hopefully not too much longer lol. It's the right thing to do for everyone involved.

Flash the .hex to the PCB using something like QMK Flasher (or whatever people use now), then it'll show up in VIA.

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 20 January 2020, 23:52:38 »

Do you have the newest version of VIA?

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline Melanic

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 08:33:10 »
Did you flash the new .hex onto the PCB? You can do that with QMK toolbox: https://qmk.fm/toolbox/ make sure you select the AT90USB1286 in the top right menu, and browse to the correct .hex. Once you reset the PCB the AT90 device should show up (make sure you have the drivers detailed on the Toolbox page installed as well) and flash.

Show Image

Ah, that's probably it. I'll try that when I get some time.

Thanks for the help all.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 19:00:37 »

here's my typing test if anyone is interested.

Offline Melanic

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 23:01:37 »

Show Image

Ah, that's probably it. I'll try that when I get some time.

Thanks for the help all.

It's alive! Thanks again. Time to get lubing...

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 10:28:11 »
Just finished building mine this morning with an FR4 half-plate.  The board turned out sooo nice. The ano is super smooth and color matching on point.

This was the smoothest group buy I've ever been in . From GB launch to board in my hands =  4months and change.... amazing 👏
Thanks so much, Hiney.
234334-0

Offline MrCoolPants

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 11:56:34 »
Just finished building mine this morning with an FR4 half-plate.  The board turned out sooo nice. The ano is super smooth and color matching on point.

This was the smoothest group buy I've ever been in . From GB launch to board in my hands =  4months and change.... amazing 👏
Thanks so much, Hiney.
(Attachment Link)
Oof that black came out real nice. Almost makes me regret getting silver.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:23:14 »
Thanks Hiney for the awesome communication and a great GB!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 00:42:07 »
getting more out this week - 10 pinks are gonna be out as of tomorrow, will get some silvers going as well

Offline Iksion

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 07:41:35 »
Thanks for an update :thumb: Waiting for a silver...
KBD75v1 | Kira | Melody96 | TX75v2 | TX-CP | hbcp | Keycult No.2 rev.1 | NK65 | Duck Octagon v3 | Percent Volt | TX65v2 | KY-01 | Sunsetter | Mr. Suit | J-01 | Dolphin 2021 | Phase One 65 | KBD8x Mark ii

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 11:21:13 »
Any idea when the PC ones are going out?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 11:32:44 »
Any idea when the PC ones are going out?

when i get the new pcbs and solder the stuff (USB ports and RGB LEDs), so they will prob start in like 2-3 weeks ideally

Offline awwshyuks

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 12:05:46 »
Will any extra blacks be available as well? Also, dumb question, but would the extras be sold on your website?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 12:07:21 »
Will any extra blacks be available as well? Also, dumb question, but would the extras be sold on your website?

yea I should have a few of each color - not sure on exact # of A and B stock yet.

I think I will do a raffle for spots as well as a Vickrey for 1 of each color, then FCFS the others. So entries for these will be accumulated via Google Form and then invoiced thru my site.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 15:16:11 »
235167-0

Offline TheloniousDrunk

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 10:39:56 »
So happy to see that the boards are being built because not only are they beautiful, but it means I might get a chance for a spare part.

Where should we be checking for the potential raffle? only on your site?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 10:40:54 »
So happy to see that the boards are being built because not only are they beautiful, but it means I might get a chance for a spare part.

Where should we be checking for the potential raffle? only on your site?

I'll announce here and on my Discord server.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 10:44:46 »

Offline jrs

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 18:19:41 »

Thanks so much, Hiney.
(Attachment Link)
How much flex does the board have with the half plate?

Offline Iksion

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:26:38 »
Hi! Any news on silver?
KBD75v1 | Kira | Melody96 | TX75v2 | TX-CP | hbcp | Keycult No.2 rev.1 | NK65 | Duck Octagon v3 | Percent Volt | TX65v2 | KY-01 | Sunsetter | Mr. Suit | J-01 | Dolphin 2021 | Phase One 65 | KBD8x Mark ii

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 15:29:59 »
Hi! Any news on silver?

i have a few left to ship out - that's about it regarding news though.

if anyone wants their poly case shipped BEFORE the PCB, let me know and I can send it next week. trying to get as much out of my house as I can before I have to move. I will ship the PCBs one I get them, end of march/beginning of april.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 11:18:57 »
got the (original) fixed PCBs, that I ordered before I realized the RGB mistake. This means I'll get the rest of the aluminum case orders out early this upcoming week.

I'm not moving next weekend now so I have a little more time to pack and ship, I should have the other new PCBs in the next 2 weeks I assume so the rest of the PC will go out once that happens!

Offline MoarCoffeePlzzz

• Formerly Deeptek
GIB ME
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 17:57:53 »
LOVE the black with Olivia!! Looks amazing!!

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #181 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:36:48 »
Anyone want to trade one of these to me for a satisfaction75?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:45:04 by dwarflemur »
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 13:24:27 »
Anyone want to trade one of these to me for a satisfaction75?

Just PM'ed you.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 11:59:59 »
Has become my workhorse for everything.
Vint black housings with 205g0. Invy UHMWPE stems.

238100-0

Offline TheloniousDrunk

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 16:14:07 »
After you get those shipped out will you have a sense for extras?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 18:12:57 »
yup. likely won't occur til late april at this point bc of my moving and the coronavirus stuff.

Offline TheloniousDrunk

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 18:36:42 »
yup. likely won't occur til late april at this point bc of my moving and the coronavirus stuff.

Sounds good, I'll keep checking, really hoping to get one of these extras.

Stay healthy!

Offline NOLA

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 11:08:38 »

Need to find a compact 1800 to build for the wife. She works off a 65%, but wants a more full size with a numpad. That black with olivia would be her endgame. Guess I can keep checking for possible extras.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2020, 21:50:02 by NOLA »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #188 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 01:26:29 »
hi yall. still waiting on the fixed PCBs for the poly orders. I got the HK DHL tracking number on April 3 however it hasn't moved since, seems like it's slow between China and HK. I am moving next weekend so I will either have the PCBs beforehand and ship once I'm moved, or have the package redirected to my new address. Either way looks like we're still at least 7-10 days away from me starting to ship the rest of the poly orders.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 12:15:02 »
hi yall. still waiting on the fixed PCBs for the poly orders. I got the HK DHL tracking number on April 3 however it hasn't moved since, seems like it's slow between China and HK. I am moving next weekend so I will either have the PCBs beforehand and ship once I'm moved, or have the package redirected to my new address. Either way looks like we're still at least 7-10 days away from me starting to ship the rest of the poly orders.

Can we look forward to any extras? I went to your site but it's down for the move. I tried the discord link to keep up with the latest, but it wouldn't link me there.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 13:38:52 »

Can we look forward to any extras? I went to your site but it's down for the move. I tried the discord link to keep up with the latest, but it wouldn't link me there.
discord link will be fixed today, I messed it up in html lol

i will have a very small amount of a stock extras and some b stock extras.

also good news, I checked the tracking again this morning and the PCBs moved!

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 13:52:27 »
well the PCB manufacturer ****ed up and used the wrong diodes on the replacement PCBs I got today. They used MMBD4148SE (package label D4) instead of MMBD4148CC (labeled D5), so only half of the switches per row work. This is their error as the BOM explicitly states to use MMBD4148CC of course.

I've emailed them and await their reply to see if they will remake the PCBs again. If so then I will have them do it ASAP.

UPDATE: I was able to get the PCBs working perfectly with an experimental QMK feature that has yet to be merged into the main branch (https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/pull/8160). This is good news, and means I can use the existing PCBs. I may still see if the fab can replace these because they are still not using the correctly-specced parts.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 14:43:50 by hineybush »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 01:23:53 »
Hi. I moved last weekend, everything went great. I still have the polycarb hbcps with me. I got the new PCBs working fine, and have received all of the packing materials except for the side stab guard things (hardboard panels I put in the box to protect from sharp objects penetrating the cardboard). I'll pick up some hardboard from home depot tomorrow and make those up (easy stuff to do) and I'll get these out this and next week.

enjoy!

Offline wil

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 10:27:36 »
Hi. I moved last weekend, everything went great. I still have the polycarb hbcps with me. I got the new PCBs working fine, and have received all of the packing materials except for the side stab guard things (hardboard panels I put in the box to protect from sharp objects penetrating the cardboard). I'll pick up some hardboard from home depot tomorrow and make those up (easy stuff to do) and I'll get these out this and next week.

enjoy!

thank you hiney, cannot wait  :thumb:

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 10:30:01 »
i assume after everyone receives their's then there might be some b-stock available ?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 10:51:26 »
i assume after everyone receives their's then there might be some b-stock available ?

yes. keep an eye on my discord for more info regarding those (discord.hiney.cc)

Offline TheloniousDrunk

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:08:26 »
Any unclaimed a or b stock?

Offline portbaron

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 12:22:47 »
Well, my PCB (the very old, pre 6-key fix) was DOA. I just took it out of the anti-static bag today to build, and no computer recognizes it as a thing when I plug it in. I'm going to need to get another PCB when they all get sorted out.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #198 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 12:43:07 »
Well, my PCB (the very old, pre 6-key fix) was DOA. I just took it out of the anti-static bag today to build, and no computer recognizes it as a thing when I plug it in. I'm going to need to get another PCB when they all get sorted out.

Just replied to your PM! I'll get a new one out ASAP once you reply with the details. Very sorry about the issues.

Offline portbaron

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 15:15:38 »
Thanks, issue resolved.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |