Author Topic: [IC] GMK NERVE / GB DATE CONFIRMED AND MORE!  (Read 35709 times)

Offline Manukbs_

[IC] GMK NERVE / GB DATE CONFIRMED AND MORE!
« on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 04:54:28 »
GMK NERVE

IC FORM

https://forms.gle/WHufkbAh85TeMGBF8

INTRO

Hello, this is Manu, designer and project manager for multiple vendors. This set is a collaboration between LoobedSwitches, Baionlenja and me.

GB DATE AND PRICING

15 April - 6 May

Base kits:$125
Novelties:$65
Numpad:$45
Deskmats:$25
Nebula artisan logo:$40
Nebula artisan no logo:$30
Aiglatson artisan:$55
T-Shirt:$25
Hoodie:$35

price may vary depending on region

SPECIFICATIONS

Manufacturer: GMK
Material: Doubleshot ABS
Profile: Cherry
Number of kits: 4

KITTING

Renders made by MiKeyDigit

KEYBOARD RENDERS

SYNOVIA - BAIONLENJA

OPTICA - KAI

OPTICA - KAI

COLLABS

BAIONLENJA - LARVA

Larva is a keyboard in collab with GMK Nerve, you will be able to purchase an unit through two methods:

1- By buying the keycap set the first 24h

2- 50 unit global raffle

DESKMATS

GB ARTISANS

Artisans by Nebula effects and Aiglatson Studio. Those artisans will be able to purchase through local GB vendors

VENDORS

Europe: DeltaKeyCo
China: VERTEX
United States: LoobedSwitches
United Kingdom: Prototypist
Thailand: AiglatsonStudio
South East Asia: iLumkb
Korea: Geonworks
Oceania: Keebz&Cables
Latam: LatamKeys
Japan: BaseKeys
Taiwan: Typo!works/ Masje
India: NeoMacro

HOODIE AND T-SHIRT

SPECIAL THANKS

MiKeyDigit for the amazing renders
Stellaidoscope for the peak novelties (she is insanelly good, contact her for novelty design)
Haldus and Iri for the constant feedback
Mario from GMK, he is the GOAT

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 11:46:04 by Manukbs_ »

Offline Manukbs_

Re: [IC] GMK NERVE
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 04:55:38 »
Reserved

Offline xLeHoy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 04:57:11 »
So hyped for this! GLWIC!

Offline idealape

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 04:57:36 »
I bet Charo is going to drool all over this  ^-^
nice stuff

Offline keepoto

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:05:24 »
Another dank set from our resident manu manu (not a manu)

Offline DirtyGingy

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:12:48 »
How in the hell did this manage to be both subdued and loud at the same time. Impressive

Offline B14ckbrook

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:24:03 »
Lovely set, colours really pop and can see so many homes for it... just need support for UK ISO and it'd be a must-buy.

Offline QweertyBree

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:28:26 »
I can't tell if I want more color or less. Definitely more purple. lol Great concept. Looking forward to this.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:31:32 »
Really beautiful sets, love the colour combo. The numpad kit looks like a good opportunity to include ISO-UK keys also.

Offline AMZ

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:41:33 »
Hyped! In for sure.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:43:45 »
lol @ people asking for local iso support in a set with intentional minimal kitting

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:45:23 »
3 people with questionable past running a keyset, surely nothing will go south  :rolleyes:

Offline Wilsonrevere

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 05:46:01 »
Why are there 3 people working on this set? each person picking a colour? why is 40s support prioritised over Numpad when you said you can't hit a 99-dollar base? "Minimal kitting" yet 40s :thumb:

Offline keepoto

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:04:30 »
lol @ people asking for local iso support in a set with intentional minimal kitting

Regrettably none of the keysets have Chinese support yet

Offline keepoto

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:05:42 »
Why are there 3 people working on this set? each person picking a colour? why is 40s support prioritised over Numpad when you said you can't hit a 99-dollar base? "Minimal kitting" yet 40s :thumb:

No sorry that's a valid excuse when you explain to your dad why you got a D for your group project

Offline JQ27

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:06:31 »

lol @ people lol'ing @ people for asking for something they'd want in something they'd want to purchase if it included said thing

Nice set though, would love to see additional language supports though.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:10:28 »

The kits aren't *that* minimal, and it's like six keys for full UK support. Plus the numpad kit is a good home for those keys as they can support eachother in hitting the MOQ as has been done with various other sets in the past.  There's no harm in asking, is there?

Offline JQ27

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:11:41 »

The kits aren't *that* minimal, and it's like six keys for full UK support. Plus the numpad kit is a good home for those keys as they can support eachother in hitting the MOQ as has been done with various other sets in the past.  There's no harm in asking, is there?

Also, "minimal kitting" -> two base kits. :thinkers:

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 06:19:27 »

The "minimal" kitting idea was removed after a lot of people complained and showed more interest for a larger kitting more expensive than a smaller for a cheaper price. So that idea is not there anymore. I don't get the issue that multiple people works on a set tbh.

Offline MiKeyDigit

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 08:27:17 »
Great keycaps set and more important, sexy renders :p. Love it bb

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 08:33:27 »
It's like Hyperfuse & Toxic had a bastard child, I love it!

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 09:39:15 »
GLWIC!

Definitely want both the Base Kit & Alt Mods

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline spingo

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 10:03:35 »
The detail in those novelties *chef kiss*. Definitely inspiring designs. I may not be a huge fan of the color way but I really appreciate this set's concept and execution. And the color way does work real well with the design. Well put together sir!

Great work! GWIC!

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 10:50:51 »
The detail in those novelties *chef kiss*. Definitely inspiring designs. I may not be a huge fan of the color way but I really appreciate this set's concept and execution. And the color way does work real well with the design. Well put together sir!

Great work! GWIC!

Thank you for your words! That message reminded me that I'm a ****ing idiot who forgot to mention the novelty designer, Stellaidoscope. She is the best.

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 10:52:25 »
You should check with GMK to make sure these colors can be produced prior to running the GB. Not all colors can be remade due to pigment restrictions in EU. This is likely fine, as it's generally only an issue for neon pinks/reds, but I would still recommend asking first.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 10:56:16 »
You should check with GMK to make sure these colors can be produced prior to running the GB. Not all colors can be remade due to pigment restrictions in EU. This is likely fine, as it's generally only an issue for neon pinks/reds, but I would still recommend asking first.

Already have the physical samples from GMK in person, tried to make everything I can behind the scenes before releasing the IC, thank you for your words, the novelties have been revised too by GMK to check the feasibility.

Offline spingo

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 11:04:30 »

Great work! GWIC!

Thank you for your words! That message reminded me that I'm a ****ing idiot who forgot to mention the novelty designer, Stellaidoscope. She is the best.

I'll say. Great detail and execution.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 11:23:07 »

Regrettably none of the keysets have Chinese support yet

would make immensely more sense than any local iso support

Offline Robert.Lussier5

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 11:24:58 »
Great set. Big fan on neon yellow/green.

This is just be asking for 1.5u supers.
Austin R3 - Green // Austin R3 - Purple // Custom Acrylic Austin - Clear // Rekt1800 - Blue // Cypher r4 - Black // Boston - Sparkle Black // Balance - White // Glitch - Green // Shelby80 - Navy // Odin - Silver // Zoom65  Red // QK65 - Black // Link65 - Lilac

Offline iamtragic

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 12:46:25 »
Requesting numpad in base and a change in * and / legends to × and ÷.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 14:27:56 »
Feedback on the keycaps: The novelties with shapes akin to the key should have equal spacing to the edge of the keycap all the way around. It looks weird not doing so.

Feedback on the vendor choices: With the history I've seen from customers of Loobed, I cannot support this set in GB unless another NA vendor was chosen. I get that they are involved in the design process, but just a simple search of reddit.com loobed or asking in your local Discord, you can find out that many people have had pretty bad experiences. That's already far too much risk for me given what this hobby has been through.

Good luck, it's a cool set!  :thumb:

Offline bigmaxnonions

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 14:34:57 »
Would like to see a purple accented return key for the numpad kit, looks really nice otherwise!
Skog Reboot, INK Blacks, GMK Stealth | Neito, POMs, ePBT Ramenstop | KARA, Gat Yellows, KAT Cyberspace | AVA, Black Pandas, GMK Arch | QK65, Ergo Clears, GMK Laser | W1-AT, LE Creams, ePBT WoB | Odin R2, Meteor Whites, GMK Hooty | QK60, Boba U4Ts, PBT Notion | Liberi, New Nixies, GMK Grand Prix | Cypher R4, Root Beer Floats, (Undecided, currently PBT Stone) | Cycle7, POMs, GMK Striker

Sent from my SM Smart Fridge via TapTalk

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 15:57:56 »
Love the design, I'll try to get a set in extras when another vendor inevitably has to step in to rescue this GB.

Offline Razer1987

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 18:09:53 »
I would love to see the actual new standard, iso-fr/es kit !

Offline Alvi

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 18:24:03 »
Crazy colour palette - I love it!

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 21:14:11 »
I'm really into this colorway!!

I'd like to know a little more about LoobedSwitches. Have they fulfilled any GB's before? Do they ship in-stock orders on time?

Offline aicyborg

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 21:51:56 »
Adding my voice to those asking for Nordeuk support; I'd likely be in if so.

PS the ISO enter novelty goes so hard.

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 12 February 2024, 22:29:25 »
Why numpad as a separate kit instead of being included in base? Also where is the 6u spacebar since alice bars were included unless it is using stock GMK colors. I like the overall colors being used but the kitting and questionable NA vendor just puts me off from this.

Offline Johvelo

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 02:33:52 »

Seconding this. Colors are great but any keycap set with wrong layout i'll pass.

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 04:33:30 »

Seconding this. Colors are great but any keycap set with wrong layout i'll pass.

delusional take. keycaps don't have a layout (those are boards) and there is nothing wrong about terminal iso. l2type

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 05:15:02 »
Why numpad as a separate kit instead of being included in base? Also where is the 6u spacebar since alice bars were included unless it is using stock GMK colors. I like the overall colors being used but the kitting and questionable NA vendor just puts me off from this.

Why numpad as a separate kit instead of being included in base? - few users
Also where is the 6u spacebar since alice bars were included - No correlation and 6u have few users aswell

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 05:17:57 »

I keep waiting for an international kit to hit MoQ naturally without the EU vendor having to buy 50+ kits and 50+ Bases to cover these

Offline keepoto

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 07:24:51 »

9.5 out of 10 sets dont put 6u in base no

edit: i counted all 20 ICs on the first page atm and 3/20 have 6u in base (I excluded gravity well and the very cursed halloween set)
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 February 2024, 07:28:53 by keepoto »

Offline spingo

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 08:21:29 »

edit: i counted all 20 ICs on the first page atm and 3/20 have 6u in base (I excluded gravity well and the very cursed halloween set)

Gravity Well won't have a 6u in the base set but may have a spacebar kit that includes it.

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 08:25:00 »

Gravity Well won't have a 6u in the base set but may have a spacebar kit that includes it.

If I make a spacebar kit, I will have to include the alicebars on it, and that will make other people unhappy about it, no matter what I do, there will always be someone who is not happy

Offline keepoto

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 09:25:24 »

If I make a spacebar kit, I will have to include the alicebars on it, and that will make other people unhappy about it, no matter what I do, there will always be someone who is not happy

what about just include 6u and nothing else in base (and don't include a spacebars kit) for true hhkb supremacy

it fits the brutalist theme by being very brutal to users

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 09:44:29 »

what about just include 6u and nothing else in base (and don't include a spacebars kit) for true hhkb supremacy

it fits the brutalist theme by being very brutal to users

People will complain that has no sense to include a 6U without the 1.5u supers, and then about the 1u alts. After, UK ISO users will complain about that it makes no sense to include 6U spacebar because I said it's niche as well as their compatibility, so I should include that too, then, NorDe will ask for an international kit since it has no sense to only have international with the UK and I will have to add the NorDe kit and finally, my spanish and france fellas (I love you) will ask me to add ESFR since I'm making Nordeuk.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 February 2024, 09:49:39 by Manukbs_ »

Offline Manukbs_

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 09:51:47 »
Would like to see a purple accented return key for the numpad kit, looks really nice otherwise!

Will add it soon, thank you!

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 10:28:58 »

Yes almost every set doesn't put a 6u bar in the base. But that's because they have a spacebars kit. OP didn't want a spacebars kit because alice bars would be made to go down to the spacebars kit. This I wholeheartedly agree with him on not having a spacebars kit since you'd be making a whole different kit that will cost extra. In the end, it is the OP's decision to include whatever he wants.

Offline keepoto

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 10:39:00 »

Yes almost every set doesn't put a 6u bar in the base. But that's because they have a spacebars kit. OP didn't want a spacebars kit because alice bars would be made to go down to the spacebars kit. This I wholeheartedly agree with him on not having a spacebars kit since you'd be making a whole different kit that will cost extra. In the end, it is the OP's decision to include whatever he wants.

but also many sets have alice bars in base and no 6u bars anywhere in the set (sleeping soon so cbb to count again) so after all it's just a whatevburger