Author Topic: Keyboard pixel art things.  (Read 1422298 times)

Offline dbone

• DUANE BONE(DOT)COM
Re: Keyboard pixel art things.
« Reply #2450 on: Sun, 26 November 2017, 06:24:32 »
WASD v2 87-Key with DSA Granite & some custom colors
Ergodox Infinity with custom colors
Ikbc Poker II

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #2451 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 07:03:32 »
I used to do a lot of pixel art for some automotive communities to build people's project cars and was, for a minute, part of a pixel-based automotive turn-based racing RPG... there are some amazing keyboard and mice in here. Any room for another artist for requests as well as maybe branching out to other tech-related designs people might back to show off in their signature?

I'm a graphic design by trade and would to post some designs up if people are looking for some specific work. I'm sure there is only so much the artists here can cover at the moment. Glad to lend a helping hand.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #2452 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 08:35:54 »
I used to do a lot of pixel art for some automotive communities to build people's project cars and was, for a minute, part of a pixel-based automotive turn-based racing RPG... there are some amazing keyboard and mice in here. Any room for another artist for requests as well as maybe branching out to other tech-related designs people might back to show off in their signature?

I'm a graphic design by trade and would to post some designs up if people are looking for some specific work. I'm sure there is only so much the artists here can cover at the moment. Glad to lend a helping hand.

I don't think there are artists on staff for this. Folks sort jump in when they can / if they can. I think I speak for most folks when I say: your credentials sound more than up to snuff. Have at it :P
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #2453 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:31:04 »
I don't think there are artists on staff for this. Folks sort jump in when they can / if they can. I think I speak for most folks when I say: your credentials sound more than up to snuff. Have at it :P

Awesome. I wasn't sure if this thread was mostly maintained by a certain artist or two, so I didn't want to step on any toes. Plus, besides just computer accessories, I was thinking simple equipment if people wanted to showcase what builds they are running that each keyboard is plugged in.

Either way, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can help out. Glad to be welcomed in.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #2454 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:46:58 »
I don't think there are artists on staff for this. Folks sort jump in when they can / if they can. I think I speak for most folks when I say: your credentials sound more than up to snuff. Have at it :p

Awesome. I wasn't sure if this thread was mostly maintained by a certain artist or two, so I didn't want to step on any toes. Plus, besides just computer accessories, I was thinking simple equipment if people wanted to showcase what builds they are running that each keyboard is plugged in.

Either way, I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I can help out. Glad to be welcomed in.

ooh, that sounds quite neat  :)   :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2455 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 10:24:01 »

Welcome tristinDLC, I'd really love to see some of your other pixel art!

Offline tristinDLC

« Reply #2456 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 11:19:03 »

Let me see what I have saved. I was building signatures for an automotive forum that I no longer frequent, so they may be lost... but let me see what I can come up with. I love pixel art. I was also part of some forum based racing RPG that had you building your car as you progressed through the game and it was all pixel related, so that was cool.

Let me give it some digging and maybe I can find something (hopefully at least my car, so obviously it was my favorite).

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2457 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 22:56:59 »

Let me see what I have saved. I was building signatures for an automotive forum that I no longer frequent, so they may be lost... but let me see what I can come up with. I love pixel art. I was also part of some forum based racing RPG that had you building your car as you progressed through the game and it was all pixel related, so that was cool.

Let me give it some digging and maybe I can find something (hopefully at least my car, so obviously it was my favorite).

I don't want to keep this too off topic but I would also love to see some of your other pixel work. I have done a few pixel cars myself inspired by the artist Mazok Pixels, if you are familiar and use page 41 of this thread to store all the keyboards I have worked on in this topic for people. Looking forward to seeing some of what you have done.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #2458 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 23:22:24 »
If someone could do an AT101W with a black case with beige keys and beige lock indicator decal, aperture science logo where the dell used to be, as well as the portal logo above the arrow keys (but switch the colors as I may have painted them backwards...and just noticed, 4 years too late). 183906-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

As well as a Ducky Shine 3 and somehow make it have green backlight keys, if it doesn't look good just keep the keys black.

tristinDLC what car forum were you part of? I Love cars (hence my avatar).

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #2459 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 21:36:17 »
Whats the format for these? And is there a template or anything you can use to make these? Was wondering if anyone could do one for the southpaw with the honeywell colorway and a white or silver case?

Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2460 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 10:01:53 »
Whats the format for these? And is there a template or anything you can use to make these? Was wondering if anyone could do one for the southpaw with the honeywell colorway and a white or silver case?

Show Image

Southpaw with GMK Honeywell

The format, really anything you want it to be.

I think we all pretty much use 3x3 pixel for each 1u key, wider for the modifiers so that everything aligns correctly.
Bottom 1px of each key a few shades darker than the key color (for depth).
All black behind the keys with 1px spacing (If you're going for a black keyset, I might use a very dark grey for the backgroud, something like #444)
And then a 1 or 2px border around everything for the case.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2461 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 10:19:36 »
Finally got around to doing my Lustro.

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #2462 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 22:47:44 »

Show Image

Southpaw with GMK Honeywell

Show Image

The format, really anything you want it to be.

I think we all pretty much use 3x3 pixel for each 1u key, wider for the modifiers so that everything aligns correctly.
Bottom 1px of each key a few shades darker than the key color (for depth).
All black behind the keys with 1px spacing (If you're going for a black keyset, I might use a very dark grey for the backgroud, something like #444)
And then a 1 or 2px border around everything for the case.

I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks!
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #2463 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 19:54:00 »
How do I actually add these to my sig? I tried pasting the image into the signature box on my profile but that does not seem to work.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #2464 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 19:59:14 »
How do I actually add these to my sig? I tried pasting the image into the signature box on my profile but that does not seem to work.

Mine, for example. You don't need to set both height and width, though. You can also chain multiple images, and combine them with raw text. It's the same formatting as writing a post
Code: [Select]
[img width=500 height=85]https://i.imgur.com/3TSLBA2.png[/img]
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #2465 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 20:17:12 »
Thanks! Looks I did it.

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #2466 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:06:55 »
Anyone willing to do one for me?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2467 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:51:31 »

Show Image

Here ya go

Edit: Totally forgot the stepped caps lock. I'll fix it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:11:54 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #2468 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:04:58 »
Damn I wish someone had done my pixel art at all, but to do it that quickly even!!!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2469 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:10:42 »
Damn I wish someone had done my pixel art at all, but to do it that quickly even!!!

Sorry about that, I totally missed yours. Can you post pictures? It'll make it easier.

If I remember, I'll do it tomorrow night.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #2470 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 23:12:54 »

Sorry about that, I totally missed yours. Can you post pictures? It'll make it easier.

If I remember, I'll do it tomorrow night.

I will try and remember to put pictures up tomorrow, have been wanting this for quite a while but never been good at pixel art. Thanks in advance though!!!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #2471 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 00:40:30 »

Show Image

Here ya go

Show Image

That's amazing! Thank you so much!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #2472 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 17:54:29 »

Here is the picture of my omnikey, the color of the case is duplicolor vinyl & fabric coating medium blue as there is a swatch on google images. The door is still the original beige color. Sorry for the blurry picture, my phone would not focus at all and that was the best I got.
187116-0

And then for the at101w, just make it have a black case with everything else being beige, including the lock light sticker. Don't have a picture right now.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2473 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 19:47:17 »

Show Image

Here ya go

Show Image

That's amazing! Thank you so much!

You're welcome!

Here, fixed the stepped caps lock as promised.

Edit: forgot the pic >_<

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2474 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:23:25 »
BlindAssassin111,

OmniKey Ultra

Dell AT101W, I think the Portal accents came out pretty well :)

I see in your sig you miss your Focus 2001, I have a 3001 with white Alps that I was thinking of listing for sale. PM if you might be interested.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:26:48 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #2475 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:41:26 »
BlindAssassin111,

OmniKey Ultra
Show Image

Dell AT101W, I think the Portal accents came out pretty well :)
Show Image

I see in your sig you miss your Focus 2001, I have a 3001 with white Alps that I was thinking of listing for sale. PM if you might be interested.

Dear god those are gorgeous...The omnikey looks so sexy even with so few pixels!!! And the AT101W looks better than the actual board does...I need to redo the paint so it looks better.

You tempt me with the 3001...not sure if I can afford another board at the moment unless it is a good deal.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2476 on: Tue, 23 January 2018, 21:52:28 »
Dear god those are gorgeous...The omnikey looks so sexy even with so few pixels!!! And the AT101W looks better than the actual board does...I need to redo the paint so it looks better.

Thanks, I do what I can  :D

You tempt me with the 3001...not sure if I can afford another board at the moment unless it is a good deal.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in talking about it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 January 2018, 22:15:58 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2477 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 23:56:38 »
I searched this thread but couldn't find a Das 4 Pro example. Would anyone be willing to make a pixel keyboard of mine (without the "Insert" sticker above F4)? (You can replace the Jelly Keys with the regular keys if it's easier.)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2478 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 18:10:48 »
I searched this thread but couldn't find a Das 4 Pro example. Would anyone be willing to make a pixel keyboard of mine (without the "Insert" sticker above F4)? (You can replace the Jelly Keys with the regular keys if it's easier.)

Without Jelly Keys

With Jelly Keys

How'd I do?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2479 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:06:26 »
People still use Das?!  :-\

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2480 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:09:59 »

Without Jelly Keys

Show Image

With Jelly Keys

Show Image

How'd I do?

Perfect!! Thank you so much! If this were Reddit I’d give you gold. [If you send me your  Reddit username, I’ll def do it.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2481 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 19:12:24 »
People still use Das?!  :-\

Yas

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2482 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:23:11 »

Without Jelly Keys

Show Image

With Jelly Keys

Show Image

How'd I do?

Perfect!! Thank you so much! If this were Reddit I’d give you gold. [If you send me your  Reddit username, I’ll def do it.]

You're welcome. I enjoy making them.

My reddit username is the same. Actually my online handle is the same everywhere... maybe I should think of something else (⊙.☉)7

« Reply #2483 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:28:23 »
How'd I do?

If you throw a shadow across the bottom of the keys it will really make the pixel board pop

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2484 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:29:46 »
How'd I do?

If you throw a shadow across the bottom of the keys it will really make the pixel board pop

Ahh ****. I knew I forgot something! I was hungry and wanted to make dinner (-‸ლ)

Hang on...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2485 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:38:14 »
Fixed. Sorry about that geek3y, can't believe I forgot such a critical detail.

If you look at the difference between these and the other ones, you can see a significant difference. Much more depth in the fixed ones.

You can see them (more or less) side by side here: https://imgur.com/a/Sc4mn

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:25:47 by UsualSuspectXXX »

« Reply #2486 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:57:30 »
Been a while since I have posted any boards on here. I'm adding a few I have in my signature that I added on my master list on page 41 of this thread, but figure they might be useful for others to be able to use as well.

I'm also going to attach the size template I made a while back
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 January 2018, 20:59:43 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2487 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:15:19 »

If you look at the difference between these and the other ones, you can see a significant difference. Much more depth in the fixed ones.

Show Image

Show Image

Can you do the shadow thing to the one with the Jelly keys?

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2488 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:25:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oh my. I must've had a hard day. I didi it, uploaded it, but pasted the same link twice. If I **** this up again I quit.

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2489 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 23:48:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Oh my. I must've had a hard day. I didi it, uploaded it, but pasted the same link twice. If I **** this up again I quit.

Show Image

❤️❤️❤️

Offline ReduxSpectral

« Reply #2490 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 19:52:55 »
Can someone do my RealForce 104UB with DSA Honeywell Keycaps?

https://imgur.com/a/YVyRn

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2491 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 22:25:18 »
Can someone do my RealForce 104UB with DSA Honeywell Keycaps?

https://imgur.com/a/YVyRn

Here ya go

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #2492 on: Thu, 01 February 2018, 22:51:21 »
Would a gif be possible for the RGB?

https://i.imgur.com/rPadSdX.gifv

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2493 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 16:54:53 »

I'm no good at gif's, maybe I'll give that a try later. Here's a png for now.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #2494 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 18:25:52 »

I'm no good at gif's, maybe I'll give that a try later. Here's a png for now.

Show Image

Thanks a bunch, il have my try at it as well with the help of your png! :)

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2495 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 14:12:42 »
Hello :)

I have a request and would GREATLY appreciate it!

Board #1: https://imgur.com/a/uzYiB
Board #2: https://imgur.com/a/5RTEg

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2496 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:11:19 »
Hello :)

I have a request and would GREATLY appreciate it!

Board #1: https://imgur.com/a/uzYiB
Board #2: https://imgur.com/a/5RTEg

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2497 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:44:09 »
Wow nice Thanks!!!!

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2498 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 16:47:00 »

Offline geek3y

« Reply #2499 on: Fri, 16 February 2018, 21:44:18 »
Hey, UsualSuspectXXX, I finally got Honeywell for my Das 4...  not quite my endgame, but it looks 100x better than the previous Tai-Hao set. Any chance you’d have time to pixel the new look (and remember the shading)? ;)