geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Swe/Fin silent Realforce TKL ISO

(1/6) > >>

Johan:
"In my search for a Swedish silent Topre keyboard I have emailed The Keyboard Company and Verkkokauppa but neither of them have any plans to stock one at the moment. But after emailing back and forth with Bruce at The Keyboard Company he is willing to order one if I am able to find 10 orders for the same model.

The requirement for the model is that the configuration is exactly the same for all orders (model, color, switches, language). So this is a interest check for the following model:

Model: Tenkeyless 88 keys. Basically the same as the non silent version: Swedish Realforce 88UB @keyboardco.com
Color: White/gray. Example: Realforce 87U Tenkeyless "Silent" (White/Gray) @elitekeyboards.com
Switches: 55g uniform silent
Language: Swedish/Finnish
Price: There is no price yet as the model is not firmly set until we have 10 interested. I assume it will be more expensive than but in the vincinity of the non silent version that costs £192. I will ask Bruce to find out the price when we have interest for 10 keyboards. A commitment to order is not final until that point but obviously it will be easier if you only report interest if you intend to buy one.
Payment: Bruce has asked for payment up front to avoid people dropping out before the keyboards arrive. I am guessing that a custom order from Realforce will take some time to arrive so we will have to wait a bit (or maybe a lot) between paying for the keyboards and receiving them. Do not order one if you do not want to comply with this condition.

I have also posted this on the Swedish forum sweclockers.com. It turns out that I do not have enough posts on Geekhack to post it in the interest check area there. If anyone knows of a Finnish forum for keyboards and wants to help out and collect interest from there, please feel free to post there and report back to me so I can add it to the list. Order on one forum only so I do not add you several times."- http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/swe-fin-silent-realforce-tkl-iso-t5800.html
So here it is, hes heard a lot of interest in the 55 model, Is there any difference in the silenced version in the key feel? I'm going to notify the guy who's in charge of doing the things to keep track of possible orders from here.

Se7en:

--- Quote from: Johan on Sat, 18 May 2013, 15:28:32 ---I'm going to notify the guy who's in charge of doing the things to keep track of possible orders from here.

--- End quote ---

That would be me. I have had a few that contacted me and preferred 55g so I switched the interest check from the original 45g since I am a bit interested in the 55g as well after the buzz here on geekhack. I am willing to buy 2 keyboards if that is needed to get us to 10 orders.

I have posted the above on deskthority and sweclockers.

Number of interests so far: 10

2x Se7en (Se7en @deskthority, SevenFour @sweclockers) (I am willing to order 2 if it is needed to get us to 10 orders)
1x Triffid @sweclockers
1x bigfatmc @deskthority
1x test0r @sweclockers
1x Naku @deskthority
1x Ghostpixel
1x huttala @sweclockers
1x Exiphi @sweclockers
1x guilleguillaume @deskthority

Edit: The MOQ from Topre was higher than Bruce expected so this attempt is now cancelled.

Yuuki:
I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you think an IC for a 55g silienced version with us layout could be also made ?

Se7en:

--- Quote from: Yuuki on Sun, 19 May 2013, 03:59:57 ---I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you think an IC for a 55g silienced version with us layout could be also made ?

--- End quote ---

In the emails with Bruce he told me that 10 was less than the MOQ for a new model. But if you find 10 interested in a US model with the same requirements (i.e. 10 of the exact same configuration, not necessarily the same as this interest check though) then I guess there is a chance they will handle it in the same way as this one, but you will need to ask Bruce about that. I will not coordinate since I am not interested in a US model.

phetto:
Vad händer här då gubbar, Topre feber eller?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version