geekhack Community > Off Topic

Foundation

<< < (6/7) > >>

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: HungerMechanic on Sun, 24 October 2021, 15:05:08 ---The show is introducing elements from other books in the series in order to flesh it out. It bothers me greatly that they are doing things out-of-sequence, outside of the story beats Asimov laid down.

--- End quote ---

In asimov's time period, his stuff was fresh,  but modern audiences have seen alot of his stuff borrowed into other sci-fi, so it wouldn't make sense to _unravel_ plot elements in the same order.

HungerMechanic:
Yes, I can see that they are trying to provide explanations for things that the viewers might already be familiar with, and doing so in an in-university context.

Although I still think that Asimov's generation-skipping psychohistory concept is "fresh" in the sense that nobody has adapted it in terms of story structure: skipping ahead with nearly a whole new cast each time. Anthology shows are popular right now, so there would be a justification for that approach.

tp4tissue:
Episode 8 So gud''   Thoroughly entralled...

Lots of questions, but perhaps answering them isn't the point, because logical conclusions would only makes it "less compelling"

tp4tissue:
Also the sound track is prety kewl well worth listening through.

tp4tissue:
Hrrrrrrrrrrmmmmm.... Hrmrmrmrmrrmrmmrm.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Ok...... but can they actually pull off an interesting civil war plot in space,  it's never been done well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version