Author Topic: Modern Blue ALPS Gaming KB?  (Read 985 times)

Offline r4pture

Modern Blue ALPS Gaming KB?
« on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 20:18:23 »
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Classic+104+keys+mechanical+gaming+typing+keyboard

I saw someone mention these casually in another thread and was wondering if there was any more info on them.  Maker?  Review?  Anyone have any hands on experience? They perked my interest.
[sigpic]http://geekhack.org/signaturepics/sigpic12085_2.gif[/sigpic]
~ Dell AT101W~ ~ ~ ~IBM Model M2~ ~ ~Northgate Omnikey 101 ~

Offline What is X?

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 20:31:31 »
That's really cheap... interesting.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 20:34:12 »
I was watching one of these that ended earlier this week for $35 shipped. I could have won it, but I really don't need another full sized board lying around. Moral of the story, watch the one that's up for auction, don't necessarily jump on the BINs.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 September 2011, 23:58:56 »
I;ve heard that its quite cheap feeling and IIRC (NOT POSITIVE) they are blue XM's. I know that the orange gamer set is a weird rubbery feel, making it different from the rest of the board, people have found it to be a nuisance while typing.

Offline theferenc

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 00:17:48 »
And it has that god awful large enter key. Oh, how I hate that thing...and for whatever reason, so many of the quality ALPS based keyboards have it. Drives me nuts.
HHKB Pro 2 -- Custom UNIX layout Unicomp Customizer 101 -- IBM Model M 1391401 (modded to UNIX layout) -- IBM 1397000 (also UNIX layout) -- SSK in UNIX layout -- Model F 122 key in UNIX layout (Soarer USB "native")

CST L-TracX trackball -- Kensington Expert Mouse trackball

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 18 September 2011, 00:21:15 »
I just have the L enter on my Zenith. I actually like it better than the regular enter on an ANSI or ISO. But the Enter on that board is disproportionately large.