Author Topic: Is Gh60 the world first customer made pcb?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline rogersung666

Is Gh60 the world first customer made pcb?
« on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 10:58:04 »
I noticed that it's the first one
and where can i buy the original gh60 pcb now?

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Offline Tactile

Re: Is Gh60 the world first customer made pcb?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:06:05 »
You can read all about it here. You can buy a PCB from Techkeys.
REΛLFORCE

Offline rogersung666

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:11:32 »
thx bro it's really helpful

Offline rogersung666

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:17:27 »
and, is gh60 the first geekhack community pcb project
after it, i found theres a lot such project appeared

Offline Tactile

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:19:34 »
Couldn't tell you if it was the first. I'm sure some of the old-timers around here can answer that question.
REΛLFORCE

Offline rogersung666

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 11:20:30 »
Couldn't tell you if it was the first. I'm sure some of the old-timers around here can answer that question.
it doesn't matter
your reply gave me a lot help, thx

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 21:34:02 »
Phantom PCB was about 2 years earlier and even it was only the first done in the U.S. (and/or Europe).  Koreans had been doing it before that though I'm not sure any of them were open source like the Phantom and GH60 were.

You can probably draw a line from the GH60 (and to a lesser degree the Phantom) to almost every small cheap Chinese mechanical keyboard sold today.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline rogersung666

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 22:09:02 »
Phantom PCB was about 2 years earlier and even it was only the first done in the U.S. (and/or Europe).  Koreans had been doing it before that though I'm not sure any of them were open source like the Phantom and GH60 were.

You can probably draw a line from the GH60 (and to a lesser degree the Phantom) to almost every small cheap Chinese mechanical keyboard sold today.
ohhhh phantom, first time heard it
let me search some info about it
thx

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 06:11:14 »
The Phantom was a replacement PCB and plates for putting into the case from a Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. It also fit inside some aftermarket cases for the Filco and in a Quickfire Rapid TKL after some modifications, or using later-revision plates that were made to fit that too.
But some people (like me) were crafty enough to build their own cases out of plastic or wood.

The PCB did not have any surface-mounted electronics. Instead, it had a Teensy 2.0 microcontroller board for its ATmega32u4 microcontroller — which has been the most used microcontroller for custom keyboards since.
It also pioneered having cutouts in the otherwise square holes in the plate for opening a Cherry MX switch without desoldering. (The PCB even had holes underneath the cutouts — which turned out to be unnecessary)

The GH60 follows a "standard" form factor introduced with the KBC Poker keyboard from the Chinese "forum" KBC.
The GH60 group buy was a bit fubbed ... It took a long time for it to finish, and in the meantime, a Chinese manufacturer grabbed the (already available) plans and released it first with the text "GH60 Satan Intending to do"  silk-screened on it, even before customers in the original group order had received anything in the mail.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 September 2020, 06:41:23 by Findecanor »

Offline rogersung666

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 09:04:34 »
The Phantom was a replacement PCB and plates for putting into the case from a Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless. It also fit inside some aftermarket cases for the Filco and in a Quickfire Rapid TKL after some modifications, or using later-revision plates that were made to fit that too.
But some people (like me) were crafty enough to build their own cases out of plastic or wood.

The PCB did not have any surface-mounted electronics. Instead, it had a Teensy 2.0 microcontroller board for its ATmega32u4 microcontroller — which has been the most used microcontroller for custom keyboards since.
It also pioneered having cutouts in the otherwise square holes in the plate for opening a Cherry MX switch without desoldering. (The PCB even had holes underneath the cutouts — which turned out to be unnecessary)

The GH60 follows a "standard" form factor introduced with the KBC Poker keyboard from the Chinese "forum" KBC.
The GH60 group buy was a bit fubbed ... It took a long time for it to finish, and in the meantime, a Chinese manufacturer grabbed the (already available) plans and released it first with the text "GH60 Satan Intending to do"  silk-screened on it, even before customers in the original group order had received anything in the mail.
您的回答十分详细,让我了解了这一段故事,十分感谢