Color Options

Black
181 (53.6%)
Gray
113 (33.4%)
White
44 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Author Topic: [IC] Graystudio SU Keyboard Bag (for 60/65% keyboards)[Upadte]  (Read 47462 times)

Offline Arithmetics

honestly they are definitely going to do a straight black. their sales will be much higher

Offline helborne

honestly they are definitely going to do a straight black. their sales will be much higher

This is a general problem with any b2c that doesn't really understand their potential consumer base. Speaking specifically of color preferences, it varies by region. While you can assume black will do better from a personal perspective, you can't make a statement like that without it being conjecture at this point.

I would prefer to have the product just get to market instead of being mired down by endless back and forth by the community.

Offline Zeelobby

This is a general problem with any b2c that doesn't really understand their potential consumer base. Speaking specifically of color preferences, it varies by region. While you can assume black will do better from a personal perspective, you can't make a statement like that without it being conjecture at this point.

I would prefer to have the product just get to market instead of being mired down by endless back and forth by the community.
I personally will never buy a black case. Just too boring. Whether what I'm protecting is colorful or classic. IMO the fact that there are other black cases leads me to believe sales will be lower. I honestly expect the green camo and pink to sell higher. I mean if you were looking for a black case, you probably already bought one.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Magas

How can you buy

I personally will never buy a black case. Just too boring. Whether what I'm protecting is colorful or classic. IMO the fact that there are other black cases leads me to believe sales will be lower. I honestly expect the green camo and pink to sell higher. I mean if you were looking for a black case, you probably already bought one.

But how would you buy one when they are all sold out at every other vender? theh only ones looking to become available anytime soon are (possibly) TX and now here at Greystudio. I'd be HAPPY to buy a straight black case from anywhere as it's MUCH more professional. Sure, Black angled camo would be cool but honestly at this moment in time I'll just take what I can get. Straight black or not.

Offline Zeelobby

How can you buy

But how would you buy one when they are all sold out at every other vender? theh only ones looking to become available anytime soon are (possibly) TX and now here at Greystudio. I'd be HAPPY to buy a straight black case from anywhere as it's MUCH more professional. Sure, Black angled camo would be cool but honestly at this moment in time I'll just take what I can get. Straight black or not.
Lol. Google black keyboard bag and thank me later :D. I apologize if you live somewhere that doesn't have Amazon, this is an international community, but of the 50 top Amazon results for "computer keyboard bag", 45 of them are keyboard bags, and they're all black...

Now if your desire is just a black professional keyboard bag I can make a couple recommendations. But if you just want a limited group buy keyboard bag that happens to be black, sure there aren't a lot of those, but I don't want to sacrifice having a cool color option that can only be found in one of these just to have a black bag you could pickup anywhere.

Now in the end it looks like we're getting black anyway, which is fine. Just means I'll grab the green, but I think it's unfortunate for a product specifically names for a style of camo to offer 3 flat colors and one camo color. At least 2 and 2 would be cool. But that's just my opinion.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:46:55 by Zeelobby »

Offline Beerbezerker

New proto looks great. The zipper solution is perfect as long as it doesn't catch on edges. All these plain colors are worrying me though. We are still getting camo right? As an unlimited GB option? Personally I'd love to see the same camo pattern in grey+pink or other combos.

In fact, we plan to make 4 colors(
M90 camo, black, gray and white
(but the effect of white is not very good, it is easy to get dirty, and it is not good to look at, so we changed to pink).
Refer to a few prototypes now😁

I'm staying true to the original inspiration, M90 camo patterns only for me. I've got black cases, I don't need more.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
New proto looks great. The zipper solution is perfect as long as it doesn't catch on edges. All these plain colors are worrying me though. We are still getting camo right? As an unlimited GB option? Personally I'd love to see the same camo pattern in grey+pink or other combos.

(but the effect of white is not very good, it is easy to get dirty, and it is not good to look at, so we changed to pink).
Refer to a few prototypes now😁

For some reason, I wasn't expecting plain colors. When you said white, I was thinking something closer to these:

234317-0234319-1

Offline Shutter_Shock

I think part of the issue might be getting an M90-style camo pattern fabric in other colors? Idk textile production isn't my forte, but I'd assume it's cost prohibitive to have the camo made in multiple colors because of custom printing the fabric, whereas it's easy to get plain black in any colors.

I'm in for both green M90 camo and plain black, though I'd also get black camo and navy camo if those were to be options.
Either way, I hope the various color options keep the orange accents of the original images or at least go with another bright color accent.

Offline KVogh

Oh wow, I like it ! The black and yellow is stunning, count me in for one of those :D

Offline d00deitsnik

I think part of the issue might be getting an M90-style camo pattern fabric in other colors? Idk textile production isn't my forte, but I'd assume it's cost prohibitive to have the camo made in multiple colors because of custom printing the fabric, whereas it's easy to get plain black in any colors.

I'm in for both green M90 camo and plain black, though I'd also get black camo and navy camo if those were to be options.
Either way, I hope the various color options keep the orange accents of the original images or at least go with another bright color accent.

You make some very valid points that I failed to consider. Either way, I'm still in for at least the green M90 camo as well. I don't normally do camo, but I think it looks great on this keyboard bag, especially with the orange rip tag.

Offline datfroyodoe

Refer to a few prototypes now

So when you say Black, Gray and White, are they in the m90 Camo pattern as well? Or just plain colours?

Offline Darknight00z

very interested!

Offline aodaliya1234

I'm loving the look of this bag and will almost 100% get one when it drops. Still, it would be sick if some issues could be resolved/answered:

1. The prototypes show their color to be much more muted/desaturated. It would be much better if they were more vibrant such as the ones shown in the IC renders

2. Why are you doing plain colors man, this case stands out from the rest due to its patterns, solid colors cannot compare personally to the green camo pattern.

Offline psxndc

[IC] Graystudio M90 Keyboard Bag (for 60/65% keyboards)[Upadte black prototype]
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 13:09:03 »
Agree with others re: colors. In order:

Blue or red or pink with white camo: very interested

White or black with grey camo: very interested

Green/white camo (what's in the pic): somewhat interested

Solid colors: not interested
Ortho. Always.

Offline Arithmetics

lol it's not a stretch to say more people would buy a plain black bag than camo. idc either way but that's just obvious

Offline Zeelobby

lol it's not a stretch to say more people would buy a plain black bag than camo. idc either way but that's just obvious
I mean you keep saying this. But very few people seem to be asking for black compared to some design. As I said previously, black bags are already available.

I fail to see what's so "obvious" about it. Especially in a community constantly buying bright keycaps, and cerakoted boards.

« Last Edit: Mon, 27 January 2020, 17:35:32 by Zeelobby »

Offline helborne

Based on what information? You're ignoring the fact that people were attracted to the IC because of the camo bag. The additional bag poll only indicates what people would be interested in as a second color. I do see that there's a lot of disappointment that these aren't camo. I can say I won't be buying a flat black bag either. You don't enter a market space doing what everyone else is doing, that's just silly.

Offline mrkantz

I'd prefer a plain color instead of camo

Offline Zeelobby

I'd prefer a plain color instead of camo
I'm mean I'm all for them as an option. But even if I did go solid, I'd want something that's different then what I can already buy.

Offline mrkantz

That's cool, I'm all for options.

Offline Zeelobby

That's cool, I'm all for options.
Indeed!

Offline Shutter_Shock

As much as I’d love options, I should also say that I would rather the bag be well made in just the M90 green camo than fail to meet moq or have to sacrifice build quality because too many colors were offered.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
For some reason, I wasn't expecting plain colors. When you said white, I was thinking something closer to these:

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

The dirty things I would do for one like that!

Offline Hoipolloi

contrary to what i’ve been seeing, im hoping for a “boring” plain black sleeve. less is more.

Offline Zeelobby

contrary to what i’ve been seeing, im hoping for a “boring” plain black sleeve. less is more.
Then I would like to introduce my brown paper bag sleeve with packing peanuts! Super secure. Super inexpensive!

J/K. But if they're flat plain colors I hope they're at least cheaper.

Offline donan

Can this keyboard bag fit an TGR Alice?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 February 2020, 16:11:39 by donan »

Offline Nonnegaard

And sometimes more is more. I think this is one of those times.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline aodaliya1234

Then this IC probs isn't for you, as there are already brands out there that does plain colour keyboard cases (in many colours as well as high in quality and good customisable options however all in plain colours) if this is just another one of those then why bother starting IC. I can't speak for everyone but I would stick with already established brands then opting for a GB for many reasons if there's nothing to set the gb offer apart from what's already on market. Hopefully other color options will be similar to green where they get a few colours that work well together and throw them into some sort of camo pattern.

Offline mrkantz

Then this IC probs isn't for you, as there are already brands out there that does plain colour keyboard cases (in many colours as well as high in quality and good customisable options however all in plain colours) if this is just another one of those then why bother starting IC. I can't speak for everyone but I would stick with already established brands then opting for a GB for many reasons if there's nothing to set the gb offer apart from what's already on market. Hopefully other color options will be similar to green where they get a few colours that work well together and throw them into some sort of camo pattern.

Lol, did you not see the plain black prototype?

Offline Zeelobby

Lol, did you not see the plain black prototype?
His whole point was to just go out and buy an existing black case that's already been reviewed as good now. WHY basically invest funds in a questionable delivery (as GBs are) for a case whose quality is unknown? It just seems... Silly.

Offline mrkantz

Unless you want to support a community member....

Offline Zeelobby

Unless you want to support a community member....
I was only explaining what the other poster meant. And the OP even stated he's just looking for a boring black sleeve, which are out there now.

So sure, if you want to join just to support them that's a totally different reason then discussing the aesthetic here.

Offline Arithmetics

lol theyre doing black cause they will sell a bunch. theres more to a case than color.

Offline Zeelobby

lol theyre doing black cause they will sell a bunch. theres more to a case than color.
And so far the protos look meh compared to the original. Not saying they won't look better in the end, but I def want to see it before even buying a camo green.

Offline aodaliya1234

And so far the protos look meh compared to the original. Not saying they won't look better in the end, but I def want to see it before even buying a camo green.

For real, the only problem I have with the camo green right now is that the colours look super muted (leading to it looking old and washed out). If the colours were more saturated, or even just the orange tag being brighter then what I've seen in photos (cause I could understand the argument of its camo so muted is the idea) then this case would be bomb as fuk

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
It's a camouflage pattern in use by the Swedish armed forces. It's not supposed to pop. It's supposed to blend in with Swedish nature. Swedish nature is not very saturated, most of the time.

Offline Zeelobby

Yeah. I honestly don't mind the muted cammo. The grey and pink just look weaksauce. Haha. I'd love if the options ended up being green camo, black, grey OR pink, and the a 4th with camo pattern (winter, urban, etc.)

Offline alanskiii

Imagine calling something M90 and not making it M90 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Camo with the bomber jacket tag is the only way I’m buying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Beerbezerker

Imagine calling something M90 and not making it M90 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Camo with the bomber jacket tag is the only way I’m buying this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to your sentiments.

Offline Ahrimofnor

The black/grey/white vote at the top of the IC is kind of misleading. If a camo option was available I'd jump for those in a heartbeat over flat colors. Especially with that "Remove before flight" tag!

Offline Magas

Yeah, I think the black is nice and classic but I also really enjoy the M90 now as well. Why not just get both I guess... :)

Do you think this would be able to hold a Discipline65 or other longer keyboards of the 65%?

Offline d00deitsnik

Yeah, I think the black is nice and classic but I also really enjoy the M90 now as well. Why not just get both I guess... :)

Do you think this would be able to hold a Discipline65 or other longer keyboards of the 65%?

If I'm not mistaken, the proto pictures in the first post show a 65 fitting, so I feel like a discipline would fit pretty well. But I didnt realize Discipline is a longer 65% board.

I know that my CA-66 wont fit ): But I have many other boards I'd like to put in this case if we get multiple camo options.

Offline Magas

Yeah it's got all those fiddly bits at the top and just wasn't sure if that would fit as that's kinda my end game 65 board. I want to make a custom aluminum body for it. Found a supplier who can make the PCB's too. Just gotta get everything together to pull the trigger to start working on them.

Offline Arithmetics

any movement on this guy?

Offline Zeelobby

any movement on this guy?
Probably stuck with all kb group buys in the corona situation. Imagine the floodgates will randomly explode at some point.

Offline MMKB

Sorry if this has been asked before but M90 sounds like a bag for TKL not 60%

Offline helborne

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 February 2020, 17:09:33 by helborne »

Offline MMKB

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M90_(camouflage)

Ah that makes sense now. My first impression was something similar to X60 or M60. Thanks!

Offline d00deitsnik

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M90_(camouflage)

Ah that makes sense now. My first impression was something similar to X60 or M60. Thanks!

I made a misclick with fat fingers x_x

But what I wanted to say was that the description of what M90 is is in the OP iirc

Offline Raptor_N60

I'm in.

My two cents on the color is that, although a monochrome version will be more stealthy looking, M90 camo in popular keycaps color themes would be even better XD
But I guess too many skus aren't really feasible atm...