Author Topic: My Plan 4 This Hobby  (Read 1037 times)

Offline ItsGunaCostMe

My Plan 4 This Hobby
« on: Fri, 25 February 2022, 06:21:27 »
Yo Y'all,

First post, on my first brand new, budget board. I'm stoked!! Here's my plan on becoming a well-versed button presser. I'm calling my boards planks. You heard it here first!

Since I assume I like red the most, I went with an inexpensive board from Amazon. A 60% E-Yooso RGB, Grey and Black, BT, plank was like 35 bucks off, so I ran with it as a test. Going to spend some time fingering my new plank and see what I learn about my style. Super surprised with the quality already. I need a 10 key replacement so want to get a BT secondary plot and will run that with blues to see the full difference. I also think I'll swap out some of the keys to blue and other various colors on the 60%-er in area's that it feels warranted. This way I can get to know my sweet spot for the endgame I'm drawing up.

Ultimately, I'd like to find, "the one". Even if I have different sizes, if I pick a brand and model, I'll essentially be typing on the same keys throughout my 3 or 4 boards that are unique to the office, home office, travel, living room media and other places that I need a board. I feel I'll get down to each being switched the same. So, my goal is to do that within 5 different plank purchases, leaving me with 4 old models that I can set up as a display somehow and keep it in the office as a trophy.

Ducky will be my first go for top class intro. I keep getting pulled to Epomaker and Keychron as well. Any other ideas are welcomed. Any advice or feedback is welcomed, and I appreciate you getting this far. I'm just typing to type at this point so I can get past the new plank jitters. I'm already starting to move around the thing better and better each sentence. I'm currently starting a business and it relies heavily on tech and PC accessories, I'm going to carve out some space to fit this new hobby into it as well.

See ya around!

Gratitude,
IGCM