Author Topic: Adjustable Display Arm Perpendicular to Floor?  (Read 13046 times)

Offline derpdederp

Adjustable Display Arm Perpendicular to Floor?
« on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 19:55:22 »
There are lots of adjustable arms out there for screens... I'm looking for one that will work at my desk, but also at my bed. For the bed, it'll have to bend such that it is facing the ground directly. Any idea which arm/mount would work best for adjusting this full range? Ideally, it has its own stand (not attached to a desk), holds 1 30" monitor, and is sit/stand height.
Thanks!

Offline derpdederp

Re: Adjustable Display Arm Perpendicular to Floor?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 00:10:35 »
Oh jeez

Offline iso

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 21:14:23 »
If you got the money (2K+) you could get an industrial heavy duty tool holder on wheels, looks like a medical cart but only got one, center positioned articulated  boom arm. A good one goes floor level to 7 feet high capable of holding over 50 lb.

Example -

Of course, would be lots cheaper to  have 2 monitors, one at the desk and one above your bed/head and not need the arm... but there it is

Offline derpdederp

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 June 2019, 17:29:16 »
Sweet, but I think it is overkill. If I had that cash, then I would probably get the AltWork desk (that you can lay in). However, I can just use my existing bed, but I need a monitor arm that can move it various distances from the ground (perpendicularly).