Author Topic: (GB) TOXIC (shipping)  (Read 729079 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: (GB) TOXIC (taking orders)
« Reply #801 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:05:15 »
Not expecting anything but I donated a bit more than the $2 just in hope that bunny might get out of the red or possibly see some extras thrown in the kits.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #802 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:07:49 »
Not expecting anything but I donated a bit more than the $2 just in hope that bunny might get out of the red or possibly see some extras thrown in the kits.

I donated more than $2 in the hopes that Bunny and Cody might scratch enough up between the others to go get drunk...or at least get a buzz.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #803 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:27:53 »
Adding on a bunch to my order after work!! ;)

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #804 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:32:25 »
just keep us informed about when we can add the toxic alphas to our order and I will good sir.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #805 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 21:49:26 »
I just wanted to take some time to thank the Bunny and Cody for all their hard work.

Thank you both very much!

I would like to second this.

The effort that goes into any normal group buy is impressive, but the work that has gone into this one, and the dedication of Bunny and Cody is just unbelievable!

Thanks guys :)

free toxic display case for you

no more freebies tonight guys, thats one of each

Such display case!

Much unexpect.

Very generosity.

Wow!

I've pulled a couple of all-nighters, but for pay.  You guys have done so time and again for the community.  It is this kind of thing that really makes the community shine!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #806 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:36:13 »
For a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid TKL, I presume I would just need to order the Alphas and Modifiers from the order page?  I want the contrasting lime keycaps with grey print for the mod keys.

Also, how long is the matching USB cable (which presumably is mini USB)?

Looks AMAZING!!! Thanks for putting this together!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #807 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:38:39 »
For a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid TKL, I presume I would just need to order the Alphas and Modifiers from the order page?

Yeah.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #808 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:39:01 »
For a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid TKL, I presume I would just need to order the Alphas and Modifiers from the order page?  I want the contrasting lime keycaps with grey print for the mod keys.

QFR has a standard layout, so yes Alphas and Mods will be good enough.

Cable is 6ft.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #809 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 22:59:12 »

What they said, provided it is ANSI QFR.

If it is ISO QFR, that is another story.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #810 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:20:46 »

And the cable is in fact mini.  I have already ordered a mini to micro adapter so I can use this cable for charging my phone, because I don't have any keyboards with a detachable cable or have plans for one that use this plug.

One in the works will use ADB keyboard side and USB PC side.  The other one is the Centronics 36 connector at both ends.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #811 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:35:39 »
Normal U.S. (ANSI) keyboard.  Was more worried about whether the space bar was right or if I needed to get the space bar pack.  Thanks! 

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #812 on: Wed, 26 March 2014, 23:42:02 »
Normal U.S. (ANSI) keyboard.  Was more worried about whether the space bar was right or if I needed to get the space bar pack.  Thanks!

Nope shouldn't need the space bar pack.  That is for the truley weird geekhackers.

Offline Clydae

« Reply #813 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:04:18 »
I'm actually really excited for the usb cable to go along with the set. It should add a really nice accent. Now I just need to decide whether to put the set on my filco tkl with browns or CM tkl with greens hmmm

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #814 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:13:25 »
I'm actually really excited for the usb cable to go along with the set. It should add a really nice accent. Now I just need to decide whether to put the set on my filco tkl with browns or CM tkl with greens hmmm

Greens - kinda fitting, eh? :)

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #815 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:23:51 »
Ultimately, I'm waiting for AcidFire's Axios (formerly Nexus) keyboard to be available, which would become my main keyboard.  I have a post in that thread asking what Toxic sets I would need to deck one out (if it's even feasible) and am anxiously awaiting some sort of reply.  Right now, I have a dual PC setup, with stacked CM Storm QFRs on my desk (one with mx blues, one with mx browns).  I generally use the bottom keyboard in conjunction with Input Director to control both PCs, but part of me would like to deck BOTH keyboards out since they'd look so nice as a coordinating set on my desk.....hubby would likely kill me, though. lol

« Last Edit: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:25:40 by kittykatmax »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #816 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 00:48:17 »
Ultimately, I'm waiting for AcidFire's Axios (formerly Nexus) keyboard to be available, which would become my main keyboard.  I have a post in that thread asking what Toxic sets I would need to deck one out (if it's even feasible) and am anxiously awaiting some sort of reply.  Right now, I have a dual PC setup, with stacked CM Storm QFRs on my desk (one with mx blues, one with mx browns).  I generally use the bottom keyboard in conjunction with Input Director to control both PCs, but part of me would like to deck BOTH keyboards out since they'd look so nice as a coordinating set on my desk.....hubby would likely kill me, though. lol

Show Image

You'll find this hobby getting very expensive if you find yourself buying two sets from each group buy :p

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #817 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 02:06:23 »

Show Image

You'll find this hobby getting very expensive if you find yourself buying two sets from each group buy :p

Rowdy definitely speaks the truth.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #818 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 08:41:49 »
I'm kinda picky about things coordinating with the rest of my desk setup, which will help prevent much of that.  If there was ever another group buy for that retro set (with the dark red, green and brown keycaps), which happened before my time here, I would definitely get a set, but otherwise wouldn't be likely to replace the Toxic set for quite some time - if ever.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #819 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 10:26:25 »

Show Image

Tell me about it, brother. :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline archer

« Reply #820 on: Thu, 27 March 2014, 22:31:39 »
Hey Bunny, ygpm!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #821 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:43:43 »
Hey Bunny, ygpm!

totally forgot sir, ill sort that out for you in the next 20 mins
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #822 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:48:48 »
Hey Bunny, ygpm!

1 from me as well. :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #823 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:52:56 »
Hey Bunny, ygpm!

1 from me as well. :P

done

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #824 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 06:58:18 »

Offline archer

« Reply #825 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:17:10 »
Hey Bunny, ygpm!

No worries at all! I just placed my new order. Thanks! :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #826 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:20:53 »
just as an update

we are working on a few things to keep an eye for

we are working on something on the site so you can make an additional order, when doing this, if you have an order that is not paid, it will combine the 2 orders into one invoice, if you have an order that is paid, it will combine them and just take payment on the new items and discount the second shipping, one thing to bare in mind is that this is just to add additional items, and not subtract them, on that note, we will be making a contact and query form on the site, for order adjustments so they are all logged and so that any member of the team can see or action changes, without them all being lost in my pm box

we are also preparing the storage boxes and toxic alphas for sale

they way it looks like we will run the toxic alphas, is to remove the num row, but still include the standard cherry backspace, so you will also need to order the toxic stripe for a full toxic alpha set, but it will avoid either double keys being produced or tons of people cancelling the stripe

the reason for the delay in this was working out not just the set but how to implement it, hence the update above about adding additional items to your order

thank you all for the support and patience

Offline Yslen

« Reply #827 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:32:35 »
just as an update

we are working on something on the site so you can make an additional order, when doing this, if you have an order that is not paid, it will combine the 2 orders into one invoice, if you have an order that is paid, it will combine them and just take payment on the new items and discount the second shipping, one thing to bare in mind is that this is just to add additional items, and not subtract them, on that note, we will be making a contact and query form on the site, for order adjustments so they are all logged and so that any member of the team can see or action changes, without them all being lost in my pm box

they way it looks like we will run the toxic alphas, is to remove the num row, but still include the standard cherry backspace, so you will also need to order the toxic stripe for a full toxic alpha set, but it will avoid either double keys being produced or tons of people cancelling the stripe

the reason for the delay in this was working out not just the set but how to implement it, hence the update above about adding additional items to your order

Sounds like the best possible solution, thanks! (to everyone involved)

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #828 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 08:33:30 »
toxic alpha set!

Offline tradet

« Reply #829 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:15:54 »
just as an update

Nice going.

As a sidenote my payment has still not registered on the site, but confirmed as paid on paypal when following the link.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #830 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:42:41 »
just as an update

Nice going.

As a sidenote my payment has still not registered on the site, but confirmed as paid on paypal when following the link.

at the end of the buy

ill be checking each payment and status, and adjusting accordingly, nothing to worry about sir

Offline tradet

« Reply #831 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:52:54 »
just as an update

Nice going.

at the end of the buy

ill be checking each payment and status, and adjusting accordingly, nothing to worry about sir

I was wanting to add an extra order, but then the orders won't be combined with the reduced shipping correctly? I could always send you a pm for a manual order addition I guess?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #832 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:53:48 »
just as an update

Nice going.

at the end of the buy

I was wanting to add an extra order, but then the orders won't be combined with the reduced shipping correctly? I could always send you a pm for a manual order addition I guess?

ill make sure by the time the update is live ive checked your order and marked its status accordingly sir so itll all work for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #833 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 10:55:33 »
just as an update

Nice going.

at the end of the buy

ill make sure by the time the update is live ive checked your order and marked its status accordingly sir so itll all work for you

scratch that just updated and marked as paid

Offline tradet

« Reply #834 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 12:06:14 »
scratch that just updated and marked as paid

You're awesome.

Offline keymaster3

« Reply #835 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 20:58:00 »
Hey bunny I pmed you about my address change a while back please check!
[WTB] BROCAP V2! Send em my way boys ;)

Offline Yazzz

• rm -rf /*
« Reply #836 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 12:23:32 »
Just got a CTR+ALT sticker in the mail. Thanks Bunny! :D
Leopold Full Size -- Blue Cherry MX
Keycool 87 Key -- Yellow LED Backlit -- Blue Cherry MX
Poker II -- Blue Cherry MX
CM QFR -- Green Cherry MX
I really like Blues it seems. :D

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #837 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 15:18:24 »

Just received mine too.  Woo!  Thank you, Bunny.

Ctrl Alt <3
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #838 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:00:55 »

Just received mine too.  Woo!  Thank you, Bunny.

Ctrl Alt <3

looking forward to some nice pics

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #839 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 16:11:03 »
Am I the only one who is eagerly awaiting the second announcement?
I'm so pumped, dunno why, the fact that this is my first big GB is getting to me :D
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #840 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 18:38:24 »
hey forgot to place my order earlier, tried to now but ctrlatlio is not available; I'll try again tonight.

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #841 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 18:43:15 »
hey forgot to place my order earlier, tried to now but ctrlatlio is not available; I'll try again tonight.

Not sure what happened but http://ctrlalt.io has not been down recently. PM me error details if you still  cant access the site.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #842 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 20:02:27 »
FWIW it is up for me at the moment (looks like about 15 minuets after the above posts).

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #843 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 20:04:14 »

Not sure what happened but http://ctrlalt.io has not been down recently. PM me error details if you still  cant access the site.

Ive been on it multiple times today and yesterday and always up.

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #844 on: Sat, 29 March 2014, 21:31:07 »
sent you a pm bunny!

Offline myndzi

« Reply #845 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 00:19:07 »
Will the alphas + modifiers be sufficient to fill out the GH60 whenever that arrives?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #846 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:00:01 »
Yes it should be. The alpha and mod will work for a TKL board. A 60% board is smaller so it will work.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #847 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 02:01:19 »
Will the alphas + modifiers be sufficient to fill out the GH60 whenever that arrives?

That depends on which layout you chose for your GH60, mate.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #848 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 07:56:15 »
Anyway I can get a tsangan kit added to my order?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #849 on: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:23:00 »
Anyway I can get a tsangan kit added to my order?

BunnyLake and Cody are working on a system that allows you to make an add-on order without being charged redundant shipping (which Bunny would then have to refund you).

I'm sure Bunny will be here with an official response shortly though :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 March 2014, 08:24:34 by riotonthebay »