Author Topic: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper  (Read 922466 times)

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: Easy AVR USB Keyboard Firmware and Keymapper
« Reply #2400 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 09:06:36 »
I am having customers ask about availability of the TechKeys OneKeyBoard - is there a process to request having that added?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2401 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:25:58 »
One key?  Not sure if the newest version has been tested with a single row/column, I know the old version didn't like it but adding a ghost row got round that.

I've just had a look at the tmk(?) source here but can't see the pins anywhere.  Once they are known it should be simple to make the config, I doubt there's even diode direction to consider.  Once there's a tested config metaliqaz is usually pretty quick to add it, or you can just tell people to copy the config to c:\users\USERNAME\.EasyAVR\boards and it will appear.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2402 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:43:28 »
I am having customers ask about availability of the TechKeys OneKeyBoard - is there a process to request having that added?
The "official" process is to use the new Wizard, but I can just add the 1key.  Should be simple enough. I will add it to a release as soon as we have it. We don't want to recommend users have to copy files around.

Out of town for a day, but I'll get it done soon.

If 1r/1c isn't supported, I'll fix it.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2403 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 13:30:07 »
Man that code is strange.  Is there any HW spec for the onekeyboard?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2404 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 20:27:22 »

Okay I added support.  Can't test it.  Hopefully it works.

https://github.com/dhowland/EasyAVR/releases/tag/v3.01.07

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2405 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:48:55 »
In preparation for the upcoming TMO50, it would be nice to have its layout included in Easy AVR.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94675.msg2578252#msg2578252

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #2406 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 09:26:26 »
My phantom stopped working in NKRO mode since v3 firmware.. been using 2.05.06 before no problem.
Internally it seems to be still working (i.e. FN-keys), but no key presses arrive in windows.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2407 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 09:49:05 »
My phantom stopped working in NKRO mode since v3 firmware.. been using 2.05.06 before no problem.
Internally it seems to be still working (i.e. FN-keys), but no key presses arrive in windows.
Sometimes Windows gets confused when the USB endpoints change. Try plugging it in to a different USB port. Or uninstall the device and replug.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2408 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 12:08:33 »
In preparation for the upcoming TMO50, it would be nice to have its layout included in Easy AVR.

The layout is one thing but what anyone needs to add a board is the pins used for the matrix and they don't seem to be detailed anywhere.  I'd not tried the new wizard so took this opportunity - couldn't be simpler, good work metalliqaz :thumb:

GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2409 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 14:11:26 »

The layout is one thing but what anyone needs to add a board is the pins used for the matrix and they don't seem to be detailed anywhere.  I'd not tried the new wizard so took this opportunity - couldn't be simpler, good work metalliqaz :thumb:

Show Image

:thumb:

Offline Jmneuv

« Reply #2410 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 16:03:30 »
Sometimes Windows gets confused when the USB endpoints change. Try plugging it in to a different USB port. Or uninstall the device and replug.

Thank you, using another usb-port did the trick.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2411 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 19:52:00 »

Thank you, using another usb-port did the trick.

It shouldn't happen again.  I don't see another big USB change this this one any time in the future.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2412 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:49:36 »
did this thread get split?  I got notification of activity but I see none.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2413 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 03:48:29 »
That would be me being stupid again - too many versions of my custom board config in too many places, tried editing a broken one and couldn't work out why it was invalid even after changing it back.  No-one in their right mind will handwrite a config file now there's a wizard so who cares what the cryptic error messages mean :)

Sorry for the disruption!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #2414 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 15:52:27 »
I saw some stuff about this program working for the Kmac Mini, is that correct? I just got one but I'm struggling with programming it and am looking for some help. So far I'm using the Kmac program (from their website) to create a hexfile and then flash that with QMK Toolbox. However, I can't change caps to control and I'm not able to program volume control either :(

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2415 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 06:56:50 »
I saw some stuff about this program working for the Kmac Mini, is that correct?

It's not in the list of supported boards but it's possible, assuming it uses an ATMega32u4 controller chip.  If you're lucky it could share it's pin layout with the Kmac TKL boards so try flashing the firmware for one of them - at worst the pins won't match so you'll have a non or partially-working board, but no permanent damage will be done.

Do you have a multimeter or continuity tester?  These will be needed to work out the pins, assuming it doesn't work above.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2416 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 07:00:26 »
If I remember correctly, most of the KMAC boards have almost the same hardware config.

KMAC mini can be added as long as someone with hardware is willing to test.

Sorry for not responding, I was out of the country on business and then very sick after returning home.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #2417 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:12:26 »
If I remember correctly, most of the KMAC boards have almost the same hardware config.

KMAC mini can be added as long as someone with hardware is willing to test.

Sorry for not responding, I was out of the country on business and then very sick after returning home.

O no worries, I’m out of the country as well. Also found out that it’s the Revo kmini so might have to use other software to program it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #2418 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 23:20:06 »
version 3.01 does not work. after building the firmware, flashing it, the keyboard does not output anything.

I am using version 2.05, it is working fine. However do I go to default layer on version 2?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2419 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 09:46:43 »
version 3.01 does not work. after building the firmware, flashing it, the keyboard does not output anything.

I am using version 2.05, it is working fine. However do I go to default layer on version 2?

This is a known issue with Windows.  When the HID endpoints of a USB composite device change, Windows gets confused and the keyboard stops working.  There are two solutions.  First is to remove the device and let it reinstall after re-plugging it in.  Windows 7 it's in "Devices and Printers", Windows 10 it's in "Bluetooth and other device settings".

The second option is to just move it to a different USB port.

Offline PorcupineFloyd

« Reply #2420 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:32:10 »
I have a TechKeys SixKeyBoard that I've been experimenting with programming using EasyAVR which has been working perfectly except I can't seem to get the LEDs I installed to work in backlight mode. They seem to work ok in indicator mode, if for example I assign one of them to "USB Normal" it lights up as expected, but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the backlight mode to work.

I tried assigning "BL Enable" and "BL Dimmer" to some keys and cycling them, but alas still no backlight.

If anyone's got any suggestions on where I might be going wrong I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2421 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 19:52:35 »
@metalliqaz

Could you do me a solid and add my new keyboard to the program?

https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/tokyo60

I really need to learn the QMK language. I've been programming with AHK for a good two and a half years now so I do have some experience. Are there any good tutorials out there for getting started?

I imagine there's a VS Code language extension for it. I'll have to take a look.

Here's a glimpse at my build :)

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2422 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 20:10:47 »
I have a TechKeys SixKeyBoard that I've been experimenting with programming using EasyAVR which has been working perfectly except I can't seem to get the LEDs I installed to work in backlight mode. They seem to work ok in indicator mode, if for example I assign one of them to "USB Normal" it lights up as expected, but for whatever reason I can't seem to get the backlight mode to work.

I tried assigning "BL Enable" and "BL Dimmer" to some keys and cycling them, but alas still no backlight.

If anyone's got any suggestions on where I might be going wrong I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

That's very strange.  Backlight mode and indicator mode use the same underlying code so if one works both should work.  I'll check the config to see if anything pops out.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2423 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 20:13:58 »
@metalliqaz

I really need to learn the QMK language. I've been programming with AHK for a good two and a half years now so I do have some experience. Are there any good tutorials out there for getting started?

I imagine there's a VS Code language extension for it. I'll have to take a look.

Show Image

Beautiful.  I'm going to try and make a tutorial video where I record myself adding support for this board.  Should be useful for others in the future.

Offline PorcupineFloyd

« Reply #2424 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 02:50:47 »
That's very strange.  Backlight mode and indicator mode use the same underlying code so if one works both should work.  I'll check the config to see if anything pops out.

Thanks, sorry I should of added for the sake of clarity that I'm using release v3.01.09 of EasyAVR for Windows downloaded from Github and I have Atmel Flip 3.4.7 installed. Running W7 x64.

I also just tried EasyAVR v3.01.07 - same result.

Unfortunately I don't think I've got another board that is supported by EasyAVR that I can use as a cross-check.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2425 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 16:38:07 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Beautiful.  I'm going to try and make a tutorial video where I record myself adding support for this board.  Should be useful for others in the future.

Great =)

Anyway you could add the Tokyo60 to the app for now? I'd greatly appreciate it. Having ALT between the Windows and Spacebar is really no bueno.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2426 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 13:38:16 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

Anyway you could add the Tokyo60 to the app for now? I'd greatly appreciate it. Having ALT between the Windows and Spacebar is really no bueno.

The file has been added in Github.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2427 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 13:49:47 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

<3 Thanks dude. When I have the energy, I'll look into helping out where I can.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2428 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 12:02:16 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to respond again.

Can you do me a huge favor and compile the latest source code for Windows? I still haven't figured out how to do that yet :X

The latest release says August 7 I believe.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2429 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 14:41:52 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

Can you do me a huge favor and compile the latest source code for Windows? I still haven't figured out how to do that yet :X

https://github.com/dhowland/EasyAVR/releases/tag/3.01.10

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2430 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 09:49:12 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

My man. Truly appreciate it!

Offline Dorothy Sweet

• Cruising through the Fourth Kaian Passageway
« Reply #2431 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 04:50:37 »
I'm trying to add a katakana/hiragana key to my keymap (HID_KEYBOARD_SC_INTERNATIONAL2 as listed here: https://github.com/dhowland/EasyAVR/blob/master/keymapper/easykeymap/scancodes.py) but I can't get it to show up in the scancode picker by making it a default key of the keyboard I've ported, and if I put it in the json manually or create a new keyboard with it in the default keymap, the software crashes when it would become visible (if it's on layer 1 it crashes when I view layer 1. Is there anything I can do about this? Or am I stupid and does the hashmark on the page mean it isn't implemented at all?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2432 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 07:03:01 »
I'm trying to add a katakana/hiragana key to my keymap (HID_KEYBOARD_SC_INTERNATIONAL2 as listed here: https://github.com/dhowland/EasyAVR/blob/master/keymapper/easykeymap/scancodes.py) but I can't get it to show up in the scancode picker by making it a default key of the keyboard I've ported, and if I put it in the json manually or create a new keyboard with it in the default keymap, the software crashes when it would become visible (if it's on layer 1 it crashes when I view layer 1. Is there anything I can do about this? Or am I stupid and does the hashmark on the page mean it isn't implemented at all?

That kind of change requires a change to the C code of the firmware, as well as the Python Keymapper.  There have been a few efforts at incorporating international features into the firmware, but I am in the USA and I have no experience with other languages.  I can create a test build if you are willing to do the testing.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2433 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 07:19:11 »
Welcome to geekhack Dorothy :)

Yes the hashmark means it's commented out.  It's not deleted implying it will never work though...

I've just tried un-commenting it in Linux, after that the code can be loaded and the hex compiles and flashes, but the katakana key doesn't send a code so there is something more that needs doing.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2434 on: Tue, 09 October 2018, 08:23:01 »
Prototype:

205133-0

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2435 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 10:14:34 »
@metalliqaz

Show Image

Great =)

Hello again. I attempted to flash my Tokyo60 with firmware built by EasyAVR with your recent release. Sadly, the keyboard completely stops working until I reflash it with stock firmware.

Any clue as to why this would happen?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2436 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 10:28:41 »
Hello again. I attempted to flash my Tokyo60 with firmware built by EasyAVR with your recent release. Sadly, the keyboard completely stops working until I reflash it with stock firmware.

'Completely stops working' as in doesn't register as a USB device or just doesn't output letters etc when you press keys?  Assuming the latter my first thought is the diode direction could be wrong so try shorting the switch pin that's not connected to the diode to the other side of the diode to bypass the diode.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #2437 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 19:26:47 »

'Completely stops working' as in doesn't register as a USB device or just doesn't output letters etc when you press keys?  Assuming the latter my first thought is the diode direction could be wrong so try shorting the switch pin that's not connected to the diode to the other side of the diode to bypass the diode.

Basically, no keys register. Nada.

The USB notification pops up on Windows, and that's as far as I go. Nothing actuates.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2438 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 11:44:28 »
Basically, no keys register. Nada.

The USB notification pops up on Windows, and that's as far as I go. Nothing actuates.

Did you try bypassing a diode?  If the orange and red are the traces on the PCB you need to short the two yellow contacts with something conductive.206545-0
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tedfs3

• No Mercy Given
« Reply #2439 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 11:53:02 »
Just found this and figured on trying it out for a layout I'd like to create but get this error when loading the Json file directly downloaded from KLE.
206700-0

Has something changed on KLE's end ? Even loading the default 104 ANSI Json gets the same error. Maybe I'm just too new and am screwing it up ?

This is the Layout:

206702-1

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2440 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 12:28:13 »
I just downloaded the latest windows release and imported the default ANSI 104 JSON without any problem, I chose Teensy 2.0++ as the controller as it's too many keys for the other options.

You might try making your fonts standard size but that won't help if the default won't load...

Edit: Could also be that you have some keys with legends it can't handle?

I've attached a config that looks right to me, just put it in C:\users\[USERNAME]\.EasyAVR\Boards

You'll have to fix the pins and maybe a couple of the keycodes but it's close :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 November 2018, 12:46:18 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2441 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 21:06:23 »
Just found this and figured on trying it out for a layout I'd like to create but get this error when loading the Json file directly downloaded from KLE.
(Attachment Link)

Has something changed on KLE's end ? Even loading the default 104 ANSI Json gets the same error. Maybe I'm just too new and am screwing it up ?

This is the Layout:

(Attachment Link)

EasyAVR does NOT load .json files directly from KLE.  EasyAVR loads EasyAVR save files.  KLE does NOT have enough information in it to program a keyboard, it ONLY has layout information.

READ THE DOCS !!!

To make a custom layout, you have to create a layout using the wizard.  One step in that process is loading a KLE file.

READ THE DOCS !!!

READ THE DOCS
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 November 2018, 21:08:17 by metalliqaz »

Offline hjnap

« Reply #2442 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 16:43:21 »
Hi!

Just tested new version of easy avr.  I maked layout for gh60 satan. I  set "Led mode configuration" for capslock to backlight mode. Now if i turn of backlights, all other keys turn off but capskey is still on. Is possible to fix that? Last version what i used was 2.05.07 and in it this worked fine..

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2443 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 06:33:46 »
Hi!

Just tested new version of easy avr.  I maked layout for gh60 satan. I  set "Led mode configuration" for capslock to backlight mode. Now if i turn of backlights, all other keys turn off but capskey is still on. Is possible to fix that? Last version what i used was 2.05.07 and in it this worked fine..

I finally had some time to look through the changes to the code.  The changes were made at the request of someone else who has a Satan board.  I don't own one, so I can't see for myself what is correct.  I'm worried there's some variation in the way they are constructed.

When the caps lock is set to caps lock, does it work correctly?

Offline hjnap

« Reply #2444 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 06:19:27 »
Hi!

I finally had some time to look through the changes to the code.  The changes were made at the request of someone else who has a Satan board.  I don't own one, so I can't see for myself what is correct.  I'm worried there's some variation in the way they are constructed.

When the caps lock is set to caps lock, does it work correctly?
Yes, when it's in indicator mode it works like should. Off mode works too. Only if its in backlight mode,it keeps on while other leds are toggled off..

E: or did u mean if caps key is mapped for capslock?
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 November 2018, 03:33:17 by hjnap »

Offline Polyzhu

« Reply #2445 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 02:11:33 »
Hey there, having a bit of trouble getting the LEDs working on my sixkeyboard with EasyAVR...in the LEDs tab under "LED Mode Configuration" I have all six keys set to the "Backlight" option. I then mapped "SCANCODE_BL_ENABLE" to a key so that I could enable/disable the LEDs however after building and reprogramming, no matter how many times I press the key mapped with "SCANCODE_BL_ENABLE" the LEDs don't turn on.

Is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline hokagemadura

« Reply #2446 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 04:03:34 »
is there any hack or trick to make gh60 satan works with stepped caps lock in easy avr? maybe I didn't read enough, and at the github doc it stated that easy avr doesn't support stepped caps lock, but, any chance someone had done this?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2447 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 07:38:55 »
is there any hack or trick to make gh60 satan works with stepped caps lock in easy avr? maybe I didn't read enough, and at the github doc it stated that easy avr doesn't support stepped caps lock, but, any chance someone had done this?

Stepped caps lock is just the shape of the keycap, it doesn't required firmware support.  Are you talking about locking caps?

Offline hokagemadura

« Reply #2448 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:28:02 »

Stepped caps lock is just the shape of the keycap, it doesn't required firmware support.  Are you talking about locking caps?
no, if i put my switch on normal caps lock, it's detected, i can program it. but if i put my switch on stepped caps lock, it's not detected as key.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2449 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:29:27 »

no, if i put my switch on normal caps lock, it's detected, i can program it. but if i put my switch on stepped caps lock, it's not detected as key.
I'll take a look

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk