Author Topic: [GB] Classy Deskmat Collection by LastPadawan in collaboration with Masterworks  (Read 4742 times)

Offline Lastpadawan

• Product design team and Vendor | LastPadawan.Store
    • LastPadawan Store
Allow me to begin with a short story. In March, my company instructed their employees to begin working from home. No longer having to commute two hours allowed me the opportunity to explore the mechanical keyboard hobby more fully. One thing led to another and in June, I happened upon DoctorNunu's Classy TKL Interest Check.

After reaching out to DoctorNunu, we ended up discussing my abilities as a designer and that led to the below collaboration. From June to July, I worked on the deskmat designs below, working through the concept process and providing DoctorNunu with updates for him to select his preferences. During this time we also worked together to finish up the Masterworks website in order to make it ready for his Classy TKL group buy launch.

August then arrived and we aimed to launch both the keyboard and deskmats group buys. DoctorNunu launched the Classy TKL group buy on August 29th and successfully sold through all 100 units that he had available. On my end after working with vendors in the community, we were able to get deskmat samples together and launched the group buy for the Classy Deskmat Collection.

While the above events were taking place, I was contacted by a few individuals in the community who saw the work that I was doing and wanted my assistance with their projects. This ended up being enough work that I decided to bring on two of my closest friends as teammates and form a design team. Those friends are the designers of the Duckmat Series and I am extremely proud of their work.

Now we're working with a handful of clients and have a website, a storefront (which will likely go live this month at some point), and the ability to directly work with manufacturers for the products we design. Like myself, these friends went from 0 time in the hobby to 100% in the blink of an eye, all things considered. It is because of this that we are all very excited for the future and excited to present our very first product group buy to you in the community.

If you would like to join our Discord, click here.

If you would like to visit our website, click here.

If you would like to follow us on Instagram, visit us here.

To visit the Masterworks site, click here.

Without further ado, here are the details of the Classy Deskmat Collection and the currently live group buy!

Presenting "The Grayscale"

A black Fleur-De-Lis pattern bordered in black lines against a grey background by LastPadawan

Presenting "The Monochrome"

A white Fleur-De-Lis pattern bordered in white lines against a black background by LastPadawan

Presenting "The Technical"

A blueprint design reminiscent of technical blueprints based on the design aesthetic of the Classy keyboard by DoctorNunu

Our thanks to Kingk22 for the rendering work.

The deskmats are now available for group buy with the following vendors.

Product Details:

Each deskmat measures 900 mm x 400 mm  x 4mm

The deskmats feature stitched edges, a cloth top, and a rubber bottom.

Note:

The group buy is unlimited and will run until October 1st with a shipping estimate of October 2020, per Candykeys.

For proxies, the shipping estimates may differ so please check with your proxy about their estimates.

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2020, 17:00:03 by Lastpadawan »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Lastpadawan

• LastPadawan Store
Reserving spot for updates.

Offline jmsp0511

Looking great guys!! Looking forward to getting my technical deskmat, it looks amazing!

The monogram ones look super clean and classy as well, loving the color combo on those as well.

Offline Vhawk

Sooo cleaaan  :eek: :eek:

Offline Anthixious

Such class, much wow, very integrity. Bought mine  :D

Offline Lastpadawan

• LastPadawan Store
Just a quick reminder to mention that it's the last day of the Classy deskmat groupbuy with the below vendors and my first ever designs that made it to groupbuy in the community.

If you were wanting one of the technical mats or the fleur-de-lis patterns, please don't hesitate to grab one.

Asia: iLUMKB - https://ilumkb.com/search?q=classy

CA: DeskHero -  https://www.deskhero.ca/collections/vendors?q=LastPadawan

EU: CandyKeys - https://candykeys.com/group-buys/classy-mats

OCE: Daily Clack - https://dailyclack.com/products/last-padawan-classy-deskmats?_pos=1&_sid=c2d6d8878&_ss=r

US: Cannonkeys - https://cannonkeys.com/collections/featured/products/gb-classytkl-deskmats-by-lastpadawan