Author Topic: RainDrop - Blue & White Key Cap Set (SHIPPED)  (Read 207374 times)

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
RainDrop™ - Blue & White Key Cap Set (Ordering)
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 13:41:55 »
Me also, not trying to thread crap but is there no ESC key or somewhat typical Geek Hack key for thst spot? I hate to say this becsuse I mentioned no second Windows key and perceived it to not be taken well. This is not about colors, it just  seems that you should be able to remove all the caps from a standard board and replace them with a direct equivslent.

I will definately be in but will have to buy an ISO set, maybe, to get blanks for the ESC. Now that I think about it, the profile is probably wrong. Sorry, not an ISO guy.

Just some thoughts,
John

I'd really like to see a GH cap or specialty ESC added on as well.

Am I looking at the mockups wrong? Looks like an Esc key there at the bottom of the mods set. And with the umbrella, lightning cloud, and raindrop, you have 4 Esc keys, right?

Correct, there is an escape key in each mod set and always has been. But you are correct that there is only one Windows key.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 13:45:27 »
Aggie are you redoing any of the symbol-only mod keys or are they going to be identical to the Valentine set?

I'll be doing the new non-circle Linux legend and the new legends like the Window key, etc. As for the others, they'll be the same unless you can give me specific things you'd like to see redone, then I'm happy redo them. Out of my own pocket.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 13:51:25 »
Me also, not trying to thread crap but is there no ESC key or somewhat typical Geek Hack key for thst spot? I hate to say this becsuse I mentioned no second Windows key and perceived it to not be taken well. This is not about colors, it just  seems that you should be able to remove all the caps from a standard board and replace them with a direct equivslent.

I will definately be in but will have to buy an ISO set, maybe, to get blanks for the ESC. Now that I think about it, the profile is probably wrong. Sorry, not an ISO guy.

Just some thoughts,
John

Very sorry, I didn't mean to dismiss the lack of a second windows key. It's the only key that is missing from replacing an ASCII layout I suppose. I thought giving the other 1.25x keys would fill the void, but perhaps I'll add a second one just so we have a "stock" set.

The geekhack key is something I thought about too, but it would be an "extra" if possible at the end.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 13:57:17 »
I wish it was a real base set because now if I want to have white F1-F4+F9-F12, tilde, and | \ with blue mods then I have to order both mod sets. Maybe it was designed this way to force more mod sales? Doesn't seem necessary with a nice set like this though.

This is one of those minor things that an interest check stops from occurring.

Yeah, I certainly went a different way.  I never liked the look of the alternating keys and such. I agree that an interest check would have brought some of that to light. Trade offs and such I suppose. :-)

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: RainDrop™ - Blue & White Key Cap Set (Ordering)
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:11:12 »
More to come later, but here's the first sneak peek at some 3D renderings I'm having done of the set! :)

(Attachment Link)

Of course, color and font may not be exact, but pretty close to what's intended!

this his making me feel the pain of being broke!
what 3d software did you use?

I'm not the one making them.  I'll post his info as soon as I put up the final renders, which will be very soon.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #105 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:21:25 »
If you are considering adding extras (e.g. the Geek Hack key), I'd suggest you consider some of the following:

- WoB 'G' and 'H' keycaps
- WoB "traditional" mods
- BoW 'F5' through 'F8' keycaps
- Solid BLUE 1.25 R4 modifier (no Windows, no Penguin, etc.)
- Solid BLUE 1x R4 keys for people with odd keyboards
- Solid BLUE 1x R1 keys for people with odd keyboards
- Solid BLUE 1.5x R1 keys for people with Race keyboards

If you are not considering adding extras, then please consider the above not even suggested!

- Ron | samwisekoi

I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:34:42 »
If you are considering adding extras (e.g. the Geek Hack key), I'd suggest you consider some of the following:

- WoB 'G' and 'H' keycaps
- WoB "traditional" mods
- BoW 'F5' through 'F8' keycaps
- Solid BLUE 1.25 R4 modifier (no Windows, no Penguin, etc.)
- Solid BLUE 1x R4 keys for people with odd keyboards
- Solid BLUE 1x R1 keys for people with odd keyboards
- Solid BLUE 1.5x R1 keys for people with Race keyboards

If you are not considering adding extras, then please consider the above not even suggested!

- Ron | samwisekoi
Show Image

Thanks!  Perhaps I've been considering adding some blank key options, I'll look into it.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:39:49 »
FYI, I made a slight price adjustment to the Tsangan keys from $25 to $20.  (Refunds issued to those that already bought them.)  Before you get too excited, this won't happen on any other sets.  :-*  But on this particular set, interest has been bigger than expected and unfortunately there aren't many useful extra keys I can add to it at the end like I can do with the other sets.

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:45:39 »
Good Guy aggiejy - Takes risk on price, wins, and gives it back

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:58:23 »

Am I looking at the mockups wrong? Looks like an Esc key there at the bottom of the mods set. And with the umbrella, lightning cloud, and raindrop, you have 4 Esc keys, right?

Ugh, that's what I get for being tired. I post silly things.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 15:21:31 »
I never liked the look of the alternating keys and such.
What about everyone else? Now everyone has to buy a $42 set of keys when we only need 10 of them if we don't want white modifiers. Maybe add a kit of F1-F4, F9-F12, "~`", and "\|". It would already be cheap since those keys are included in the white modifier set and would not get their own tier.

If you added "1!" through "=+" in WoB that would be a really cool option and people could do a blue accent stripe in conjunction with some of the WoB modifier set keys. Also the alpha set seems a bit expensive, base sets for Klaxon that include 8-10+ more keys were $23. Unless you are not over the 150 count yet, but If it happens then more discounts are always a good thing.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:19:24 »
Thanks for the price break on the tsangan, niiice!  I haven't ordered yet but I will :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:22:01 »
How do the price drops work if we've paid already?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:24:58 »
He said they were issuing refunds...

Offline jcrouse

Re: Re: RainDrop™ - Blue & White Key Cap Set (Ordering)
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:25:36 »

Just some thoughts,
John

I couldn't see the esc key on my mobile.

Sorry,

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:27:26 »
He said they were issuing refunds...

I think I'll stop posting in this thread now.... :-X. Suffering from too much type before I read.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:27:33 »
Good Guy aggiejy - Takes risk on price, wins, and gives it back

^ +1

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:28:09 »
Yea the raindrop is growing on me for the mods, but I'm definitely going to use the Esc key instead of the umbrella :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:53:49 by metalliqaz »

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:53:17 »
What about everyone else? Now everyone has to buy a $42 set of keys when we only need 10 of them if we don't want white modifiers. Maybe add a kit of F1-F4, F9-F12, "~`", and "\|". It would already be cheap since those keys are included in the white modifier set and would not get their own tier.

If you added "1!" through "=+" in WoB that would be a really cool option and people could do a blue accent stripe in conjunction with some of the WoB modifier set keys. Also the alpha set seems a bit expensive, base sets for Klaxon that include 8-10+ more keys were $23. Unless you are not over the 150 count yet, but If it happens then more discounts are always a good thing.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll consider some of those things.  Regardless of what I do, the sets and prices as they are now won't change in price.  (Though, more keys may be added as I'm comfortable that they can be.)

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 16:54:31 »
Yea the raindrop is growing on my for the mod, but I'm definitely going to use the Esc key instead of the umbrella :)

I think I'm going to do the thundercloud or raindrop on the esc, and the umbrella on the ~... like it's raining on my umbrella. :)

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 17:02:00 »
Yea the raindrop is growing on me for the mods, but I'm definitely going to use the Esc key instead of the umbrella :)

Exactly the same here.

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 17:07:25 »
New renders up on the original post! :)  Thanks to kaporkle, who is still working on more. He's a bad arse.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 17:08:14 »
Those renders are fantastic.  That boy has some skills.

Edit:  Need one with blue mods and white space/~/|/F1-F2/F9-F12
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 17:11:59 by metalliqaz »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 17:14:39 »
Those renders are SO good. =drools=

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 18:24:02 »

I had these concepts done by the AMAZINGLY talented kaporkle.  If you run a group buy in the future, get in touch with him.  He has *very* reasonable prices and is a nice guy all around.  (FYI, I'm paying for these out of my own pocket... they will not be taken from the Group Buy proceeds.)

Because you put out your own money first in this venture, then I will have to buy some keys from you.  Anytime an Organizer pays out of his own pocket to see his vision materialize for everyone else to see, deserves our support.

Good job on this and thank the talented kaporkle for his efforts, makes it a lot easier to see what we're all going to buy.

Offline webs0r

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 18:34:32 »
I wish it was a real base set because now if I want to have white F1-F4+F9-F12, tilde, and | \ with blue mods then I have to order both mod sets. Maybe it was designed this way to force more mod sales? Doesn't seem necessary with a nice set like this though.

Looking at the renders I've decided I do need a second mod (white) set.

Do I just use the order form and order 1 mod set, aggiejy will you be able to combine my order with previous one?
Filco Ninja TKL Browns | Leopold FC700R Graphite Reds | Matias Quiet Pro | Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary Constant-55g | Vortex RACE Reds | CM Storm Quickfire Pro Blues | CODE keyboard Clears

Offline netdevil

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 19:13:35 »
New renders up on the original post! :)  Thanks to kaporkle, who is still working on more. He's a bad arse.

Dam the renders are sick. Kudos to you aggiejy for bringing this to us.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 19:33:16 »

The whole deal with this buy is to go old school -- these are the sets, this is the price, in our out, done and done. No fuss, as quick and simple as possible.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 19:47:55 »
The whole deal with this buy is to go old school -- these are the sets, this is the price, in our out, done and done. No fuss, as quick and simple as possible.

Agreed.  8)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:07:45 »

That's how GBs used to be run? What does "old school" mean exactly? I've only been here like 2 months and it seems like there's been a few smooth GBs (Klaxon, Toxic, LZ-GH).

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:15:55 »
All the group buys are getting better, it's a good time to be a Geekhacker! :)  Hopefully we have the support to do more and more as a community, thus more options.  Not all of them have to be hugely big to be successful.  Especially exciting is all of the keyboard building projects going on.  GH60, Phantom, ErgoDox, Korean kits, etc.  That's pretty awesome if you think about it. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:17:42 by aggiejy »

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #131 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:20:29 »

Looking at the renders I've decided I do need a second mod (white) set.

Do I just use the order form and order 1 mod set, aggiejy will you be able to combine my order with previous one?

Well, I'm glad you brought this up.  I could have sworn I added a shipping option early on (in my testing) for "Pickup" which would allow you to pick free shipping to add items.  But I guess I didn't... at least via the PayPal settings if you offer a cheaper method, it defaults to it 100% of the time on checkout.  This would be super confusing.  I'm working on a fix on the HTML side of things.  So webs0r, if you'd like to hold on a bit, I'll ping you when it's done.  Or I can manually bill you, but I'd prefer to have it all in PayPal the same way if possible. :)

Offline webs0r

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:30:11 »
Well, I'm glad you brought this up.  I could have sworn I added a shipping option early on (in my testing) for "Pickup" which would allow you to pick free shipping to add items.  But I guess I didn't... at least via the PayPal settings if you offer a cheaper method, it defaults to it 100% of the time on checkout.  This would be super confusing.  I'm working on a fix on the HTML side of things.  So webs0r, if you'd like to hold on a bit, I'll ping you when it's done.  Or I can manually bill you, but I'd prefer to have it all in PayPal the same way if possible. :)

That's cool I'm good to wait, just let us know when the fix is ready :)
Filco Ninja TKL Browns | Leopold FC700R Graphite Reds | Matias Quiet Pro | Topre Realforce 10th Anniversary Constant-55g | Vortex RACE Reds | CM Storm Quickfire Pro Blues | CODE keyboard Clears

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 20:32:40 »
All the group buys are getting better, it's a good time to be a Geekhacker! :)  Hopefully we have the support to do more and more as a community, thus more options.  Not all of them have to be hugely big to be successful.  Especially exciting is all of the keyboard building projects going on.  GH60, Phantom, ErgoDox, Korean kits, etc.  That's pretty awesome if you think about it. :)

I know, I'm really excited. And I like how people are changing up how the GBs are ran. Matt3o's Retro was really info filled and was so quick. And I liked your slick order form and ease. We just buy the keycap set and that's it. :D

Offline YongJK

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 00:44:15 »
Just a little concern here, the shipping address would be following PayPal address or can we choose desired address ?
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline luckynet

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 02:21:03 »
waiting for the mods to go down in price..
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 02:26:06 »
According to this thread, the prices aren't changing. They are what they are.

Offline luckynet

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 02:34:47 »

so it's 45 for both blue and white or just one of either?
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 02:48:52 »

so it's 45 for both blue and white or just one of either?

only for one color

Offline balanar

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 03:30:00 »
Damn this site, it just won't let me leave! With this, CCnG round 2 and Toxic, I might end up buying more keycaps than boards all over again. Plus I've been having dreams about the KMAC 2 I sold away..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 05:12:10 »
Damn this site, it just won't let me leave! With this, CCnG round 2 and Toxic, I might end up buying more keycaps than boards all over again. Plus I've been having dreams about the KMAC 2 I sold away..

Yep, you need to get more keyboards.  Easiest solution to any problem here on Geekhack.

Offline balanar

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 07:13:45 »
I've been poisoned for so long and so badly not any keyboard will do anymore. My wallet actively seeks out the most draining ones.

Offline Saturn

« Reply #142 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 07:17:18 »
very nice set, and great renders too.

i love the inclusion of the tux key

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 14:02:40 »
Here's some red anodized aluminum like you might find on a Vortex or Korean custom:

14345-0

I think the real thing will look better with red and blue than this even... the blue is a bit off probably. But still, I'm a fan of red and blue together.  More aluminum renders coming soon! :)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 14:04:31 »
^^^ these renders and the whole set look so good :)

I'm glad you were able to start this GB at last, although like lots of others have said, wallethack is really hurting this spring :|
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 15:48:37 »
Here's some red anodized aluminum like you might find on a Vortex or Korean custom:

(Attachment Link)

I think the real thing will look better with red and blue than this even... the blue is a bit off probably. But still, I'm a fan of red and blue together.  More aluminum renders coming soon! :)
Drafting up what this may look with your boards aggiejy? :P

Offline simkev

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 16:23:48 »
there is two stepped caps lock keys, one in the modifiers kit and one in Tsangan. Are both left stemmed or is one center stemmed stepped?
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 February 2013, 04:50:07 by simkev »
JAG ÄR LIVRÄDD FÖR ATT LEVA & JAG ÄR DÖDSRÄDD FÖR ATT DÖ

| Poker X - Ergo Clears & Red Alert 2.0 | Majestouch 2 TKL - Browns & Blue Cream Cheese |

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:22:00 »
there is two stepped caps lock keys, on i the modifiers kit and one in Tsangan. Are both left stemmed or is one center stemmed stepped?

Yeah that would be nice if we get one for Filco's and like and another for the venerable Cherry Keyboard.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:24:32 »

(Attachment Link)

how automated is this renderer? would love to plug this into the other gh and community-developed software we have..

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 17:34:35 »
Raindrops on the Red looks strangely attractive.

I'll be making an order but not until the last few days lol.