Author Topic: [IC]Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 5 Dec20- Global gb soon  (Read 72224 times)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
Re: [IC] Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 1 Jul-29
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 11:57:50 »
Just the other day I was wondering, "When is someone going to do an engraved case?" And here we are. =)

Count me in.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 12:01:40 »
BTW, a tan/sand color would be perfect for this board.  :)

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 12:08:14 »
Wow. This is some next level ****. Imhotep approves.  :thumb:

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 12:23:55 »
When this gets made and shipped out, be very cautious all you buyers. Dr. Chamberlain is gonna spawn from out of nowhere and scream "NOOOOOO! You must not read from the keyboard!"  :)) :))

Offline JMims

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 14:48:25 »
Really awesome design!

Offline synmuffin

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 15:33:39 »
This is really nice man! <3

Offline maximize

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 15:37:10 »
Holy moly. This one is a stunner. How was the manufacturer physically able to do the hieroglyph embossing so accurately? I have never seen anything like it in the keyboard world. Special details like logos have always been engraved, as far as I know!

Offline kimchijody

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 15:42:12 »
Love this theme. I'm in.

Offline d00deitsnik

• Grails: SA Olivia, 1800 w/ only Latriualum keycaps
Re: [IC] Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 1.1 Jul-29
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:12:03 »
This looks hella nice. I'm a really big fan of the weight and back design.

Offline willdenham

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:22:18 »
Count me in on this, really loving the matte black look. Hopefully this will be available in decent numbers, too!

Offline Eastji

• draw 2 cards
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 18:21:02 »
This is an absolute must for me, so cool to see!

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 19:07:38 »
Is there an IC form we could fill out? I have an amazing color scheme I'd love if this goes live as a GB.

Offline TofuOrganic

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 19:34:20 »
I’m curious how the hieroglyphs feel to the touch? Also notice that the protos have different hieroglyphic layouts, is that something that is going to be a thing, no one board is exactly the same?

Offline WhiteSakura

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 19:58:47 »
This in gold + GMK Sandstorm

Oh man, I'm gonna need this.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 20:52:25 »

Either one of these:

100% gold for top and bottom case + black caps with gold lettering.
Gold top case, black bottom case + black caps/gold lettering or gold caps/black lettering.
 :D

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 21:27:04 »
If it hasn't been said already, I think it'd be important for the allowance of changing the color of the USB C outlet along with the bar that runs along the center encasing it. I think if I'm going to buy a kit, would love to go for a matte black/shimmering gold color scheme.

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 00:31:26 »
Holy moly. This one is a stunner. How was the manufacturer physically able to do the hieroglyph embossing so accurately? I have never seen anything like it in the keyboard world. Special details like logos have always been engraved, as far as I know!
It's drawn on 3d file directly then transcribed to cnc routing, not a font or AI file, it's just another milling project, on a larger area so to speak. Takes longer, and have more risks of failure lol.
I’m curious how the hieroglyphs feel to the touch? Also notice that the protos have different hieroglyphic layouts, is that something that is going to be a thing, no one board is exactly the same?
You have a keen observation, the hieroglyphs did change from proto 1 (gold) to proto 2 (black anodized, and the silver unfinished), it's just a design switch. And no, it's not going to be a thing, (and it'd be way more crazy logistically speaking to do that), every top will be exactly the same as the proto 2.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 00:44:53 »
Wait prototype 1 was gold? Is gold not going to be a final color?  :'(

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 00:47:14 »
Count me in on this, really loving the matte black look. Hopefully this will be available in decent numbers, too!
Thanks, it should be, though it takes time for us to flesh out everything before launching the gb.
Wow. This is some next level ****. Imhotep approves.  :thumb:
Thanks for approval ddrfraser1. Stay tuned.

I love the sandstorm color scheme too.

This is so incredibly great, we definitely need more of this type of revolutionary design in this community, I'll definitely try to get my hands onto this once it comes out :thumb:

I've came to realize, reluctantly, that it's a design ppl either really dig or hate. I'm really happy to see you like it : )

This is really nice man! <3
Thanks synmuffin

Love this theme. I'm in.
Thank you, stay tuned.

BTW, a tan/sand color would be perfect for this board.  :)
Yeah, trying out on a few on protos.

This is an absolute must for me, so cool to see!
XD I'm glad you like it Eastji.

This looks hella nice. I'm a really big fan of the weight and back design.
Thank you! eye of horus yay!

Really awesome design!
Thanks JMims, welcome to our discord.

If it hasn't been said already, I think it'd be important for the allowance of changing the color of the USB C outlet along with the bar that runs along the center encasing it. I think if I'm going to buy a kit, would love to go for a matte black/shimmering gold color scheme.
Yeah, you'll have that option, its a custom keyboard after all, though the customization part is somewhat limited than average.

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 01:00:47 »
Yeah, you'll have that option, its a custom keyboard after all, though the customization part is somewhat limited than average.

If customizing this piece of treasure is wrong, I don't want to be right!  :))

Offline hong@RebultKeyboards

• Rebult Keyboards
    • Rebult Keyboards
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 01:06:13 »
Looks great, Good luck man!

Offline TofuOrganic

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 01:12:42 »
You have a keen observation, the hieroglyphs did change from proto 1 (gold) to proto 2 (black anodized, and the silver unfinished), it's just a design switch. And no, it's not going to be a thing, (and it'd be way more crazy logistically speaking to do that), every top will be exactly the same as the proto 2.

Yeah that makes sense. I can only imagine the logistics behind all different layouts!

Weight and bottom case engraving look great too!

Offline Space_Case88

• keebs, anime, video games and coffee
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 04:23:17 »
As a descendant of the Anunaki and cloud people I must have this. Will there by chance be one available without the hieroglyphs?

Offline grimis

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 08:21:28 »
I told myself no more keyboards this year but this is one I have to make an exception for. This thing is incredible.

Offline mechatron.prime

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 19:51:40 »
this is on my list

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 19:53:28 »
Quickly glanced over the IC so please forgive me if you've answered these questions or if I missed it

1) Will a solderable PCB be available
2) Will it come in either WKL or Tsangan layout (I see Tsangan in one render but wondering)

I look forward to this going into GB, thanks.
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline koenoe

• My YouTube channel
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 08:58:35 »
This looks mad! I love it.

Offline CallMeCac

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 16:50:41 »
This looks amazing! Very interested and will be waiting patiently for the GB

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 17:37:16 »
This is very impressive. Milling the hieroglyphs will cost a fortune though, it cant be cheap, can it ? Quite impressive if you manage to keep it below $500..

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 12:32:00 »
As a descendant of the Anunaki and cloud people I must have this. Will there by chance be one available without the hieroglyphs?

Sorry Space_Case88, we haven't considered an "Aaru-lite" yet.

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 12:43:33 »
Quickly glanced over the IC so please forgive me if you've answered these questions or if I missed it

1) Will a solderable PCB be available
2) Will it come in either WKL or Tsangan layout (I see Tsangan in one render but wondering)

I look forward to this going into GB, thanks.

Hi there, thank you for your interest.
Yes, there will be a soldering pcb and 1.5mm plate for choice, however, unfortunately we don't full support Tsangan in this design due to mounting and wiring schematics, while stepped caps, 7u space bar are supported.

I told myself no more keyboards this year but this is one I have to make an exception for. This thing is incredible.
Thank you for making the exception grimis : )

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 18:44:11 »
I'm so hyped for this keyboard.

Offline tempo

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 00:05:15 »
man, that's some insane engravings

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 05 August 2020, 08:19:41 »
I'm so hyped for this keyboard.
Thanks MajorKoos, updates coming soon.

man, that's some insane engravings
Yeah man, totally.

this is on my list
Pleasure to be on it.

This is very impressive. Milling the hieroglyphs will cost a fortune though, it cant be cheap, can it ? Quite impressive if you manage to keep it below $500..

No, it can't. We're just brute forcing it. lol

This looks amazing! Very interested and will be waiting patiently for the GB
Thank you for your patience, CallMeCac, i hope we won't let you down.

Offline mrboxturtle

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 11:15:05 »
I love the idea behind this keyboard. The English alphabet encased within one of the most important ancient Egyptian texts really strikes me. It also makes me think about how our alphabet has developed from ancient Hieroglyphics. With some quick googling I found out how our language developed, and it looked like this: Egyptian hieroglyphics -> Phoenician alphabet -> Greek alphabet -> Etruscan alphabet -> Latin alphabet -> English alphabet. Having the seemingly earliest written language represented in a keyboard which is a vessel for communicating in our modern language is just super cool to me. I'm also a sucker for ancient Egyptian aesthetic in general so this keyboard is really exciting. Good luck with everything, I'm excited to see what colors you end up choosing.

Offline dibstern

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 01:24:39 »
Outstanding. I'm keen!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 04:56:55 »
Absolutely gorgeous! definitely in! going to put KAT Oasis on there!

Offline HaX

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 18 August 2020, 17:46:40 »
Gold Top, Black or Dark Purple Bottom, and Gold weight please. I want to put gmk phantom on it. Egyptian Royalty or Millennium Item
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 August 2020, 17:48:37 by HaX »

Offline R L

• HELIX
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 14:17:21 »
Outstanding. I'm keen!
Thanks dibstern.

I love the idea behind this keyboard. The English alphabet encased within one of the most important ancient Egyptian texts really strikes me. It also makes me think about how our alphabet has developed from ancient Hieroglyphics. With some quick googling I found out how our language developed, and it looked like this: Egyptian hieroglyphics -> Phoenician alphabet -> Greek alphabet -> Etruscan alphabet -> Latin alphabet -> English alphabet. Having the seemingly earliest written language represented in a keyboard which is a vessel for communicating in our modern language is just super cool to me. I'm also a sucker for ancient Egyptian aesthetic in general so this keyboard is really exciting. Good luck with everything, I'm excited to see what colors you end up choosing.
wow, I think you enriched the meaningfulness of this keyboard. Tks boxturtle. I really enjoyed reading your thought on the design.

Absolutely gorgeous! definitely in! going to put KAT Oasis on there!
Thanks JSaintS, I've been having trouble finding cap set on my black prototype.

Gold Top, Black or Dark Purple Bottom, and Gold weight please. I want to put gmk phantom on it. Egyptian Royalty or Millennium Item
Black and Gold, timeless classic.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 15:46:17 »
Very unique design, I am interested.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline stein3

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 07:58:44 »
wow, I think you enriched the meaningfulness of this keyboard. Tks boxturtle. I really enjoyed reading your thought on the design.
This is a great way of looking at it. Thanks from me as well!

Offline babygirlweep

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 21:00:11 »
Looks absolutely insane, especially on the more pastel colors. Consider me very interested.

Offline boonz

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 23:12:36 »
definitely interested as it is particularly unique design

Offline R L

• HELIX
Looks absolutely insane, especially on the more pastel colors. Consider me very interested.

Thank you, welcome to our server for more info.

Offline outerspace

OMG, the sphinx themed arrow cluster looks so cool! Is that the sand color featured in the picture with sphinx arrows? Also, is it the milk white color in the picture right below it?

Offline R L

• HELIX
OMG, the sphinx themed arrow cluster looks so cool! Is that the sand color featured in the picture with sphinx arrows? Also, is it the milk white color in the picture right below it?

Hi Outerspace, yeah, it is of the two sand colors there with sphinx arrows.  The actual milk white color should be updated soon, stay tuned : )

Offline taiminhle4920

I am in if there is a matte light pink.

Offline Lastpadawan

• Product design team and Vendor | LastPadawan.Store
    • LastPadawan Store
Count me in for this for sure!

Offline mrboxturtle

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 16:50:07 »
Those are some big updates! It's been a pleasure following the project development. The new machining process makes the hieroglyphics look so much cleaner.

You're welcome!

Offline R L

• HELIX
Re: [IC]Helix Lab - Aaru TKL -Update 3 Sep-13- China gb live
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:44:10 »
Count me in for this for sure!

Excited to see your mat's final design for our collaboration.

I am in if there is a matte light pink.
There is this

Those are some big updates! It's been a pleasure following the project development. The new machining process makes the hieroglyphics look so much cleaner.

Show Image

You're welcome!
really appreciate you reading my wall of texts. It's rare and precious these days.