Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 286165 times)

Offline xorpher

Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 17 September 2012, 07:44:53 »
I use a regular size Steelseries Qck. I like the feeling of a cloth pad, and the Qck is very unassuming in terms of looks, which is ideal for me.
Also, I don't like oversized pads.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 17 September 2012, 08:58:19 »
Quote from: speakeasy;291948
Thanks, confirmed via google, good info to know. Almost bought a Steelseries QcK mini :)

Yeah, I ran into the OCN post by skylit describing a few changes.

They also plan on releasing a glass pad not sure if it's like the icemat(pure glass) or a cloth-glass derivative like their g2 with glass beads. It's called the Shiden and is being offered up to a large 42cm x 32cm x 0.3cm. Either way it's going to last until it breaks because the only hard pad(or for that matter any type of mouse pad) that doesn't wear in some way, shape or form; unless you break it or scratch it is the glass pads like the magna and I-1/2.

Hard to find info maybe I'm putting in the wrong words, can't seem to find much.

Be aware that post was made in February of 2011.  Either those changes have already been made or they are not going through at all at this point.
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 01:22:37 »
I haven't been using a mouse pad. Have a Razor Naga Hex and the pads are wearing off and marking up my desk pretty good. Time for a mouse pad I'd say. 
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tubby

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 13:18:11 »
Started off from being just a keyboard addict, I'm now a mousepad addict as well :(

My very first gaming mousepad was the Icemat v2. Sleekest thing ever but seems to cause gunk buildup on my white mousefeet, and its glide feels gritty now.
Next was the Razer eXaxtMat and the Puretrak Talent... nothing particularly noteworthy about them except the texture on the eXactMat starts to wear off after few weeks of use and the Talent feels too sluggish for my taste.

It was after I tried Artisan's mousepad that I was really into gaming mousepads :)
I think I might even need my own thread to write stuff about them :p plus I do still owe a review for their Zero mousepad campaign.
Do GH have a review sub forum that I can write up my thoughts regarding this?
I remembered I used to read reviews on several keyboards, but I can't seem to find them anymore.
More
Realforce 87UB SE1700 | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Kobo Red Wood | Filco FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN97MRL/EW2 | Filco FKBN87MC/EY2 | Filco FKBN87M/EMU2 | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Ducky DK9008 | KBC Poker brown | Realforce 23UB WC01B0 | Filco FKB22MB

Offline modulor

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 14:11:30 »
Qck pad does the job, cloth is the way to go.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 10:12:25 »
Started off from being just a keyboard addict, I'm now a mousepad addict as well :(

My very first gaming mousepad was the Icemat v2. Sleekest thing ever but seems to cause gunk buildup on my white mousefeet, and its glide feels gritty now.
Next was the Razer eXaxtMat and the Puretrak Talent... nothing particularly noteworthy about them except the texture on the eXactMat starts to wear off after few weeks of use and the Talent feels too sluggish for my taste.

It was after I tried Artisan's mousepad that I was really into gaming mousepads :)
I think I might even need my own thread to write stuff about them :p plus I do still owe a review for their Zero mousepad campaign.
Do GH have a review sub forum that I can write up my thoughts regarding this?
I remembered I used to read reviews on several keyboards, but I can't seem to find them anymore.

How does the Zero compare to the Hayate?  I have taken some interest in the Zero myself but I do not want to really buy it as the Hayate is my perfect mousepad.  I am mostly just curious since I have tried out nearly all of their mousepads other than the Shiden series.   :)

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline tubby

« Reply #406 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 04:23:51 »
How does the Zero compare to the Hayate?  I have taken some interest in the Zero myself but I do not want to really buy it as the Hayate is my perfect mousepad.  I am mostly just curious since I have tried out nearly all of their mousepads other than the Shiden series.   :)
Frankly speaking, the Hayate is still my favorite too =)
I think it might've been because of the weight of my mouse that the Zero feels too soft and tad too sluggish.
Shiden I would describe it to be a... bendable "hard" pad? =p good during my lazy days, when I don't care for precision but just pure glide =)

The next closest one to Hayate, IMO would be the Raiden.
But its quality doesn't seem to be as good as the Hayate.
Shame that the Hayate collects dust rather easily, if not, I too will claim it to be the perfect mousepad =)
More
Realforce 87UB SE1700 | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Kobo Red Wood | Filco FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN97MRL/EW2 | Filco FKBN87MC/EY2 | Filco FKBN87M/EMU2 | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Ducky DK9008 | KBC Poker brown | Realforce 23UB WC01B0 | Filco FKB22MB

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 13:53:28 »
I think it might've been because of the weight of my mouse that the Zero feels too soft and tad too sluggish.
Shiden I would describe it to be a... bendable "hard" pad? =p good during my lazy days, when I don't care for precision but just pure glide =)

Shame that the Hayate collects dust rather easily, if not, I too will claim it to be the perfect mousepad =)

Yes I do find that my Hayate needs to be cleaned every couple months which is a little annoying.   :P

Offline tcv

« Reply #408 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 18:32:56 »
Razer scarab. Plastic pads are awesome. Great gliding for rts gaming.

Also like the Razer Goliath speed and the Steel series Qck.

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #409 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 22:04:35 »

My favourites are Hien (for its value) and Hayate (for the feel). Zero kinda fulfill its claim, feels like QcK but has smaller friction and faster glide and initial movement. However, after a dose of too many Artisan mousepads, I think my hands have gone numb and I find a lack of description for them... (I ordered Hayate and Raiden together with Zero)  :-X

Offline tubby

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 21:54:56 »
Yes I do find that my Hayate needs to be cleaned every couple months which is a little annoying.   :P
Ya thats the main, and perhaps the only, con from the Hayate  :p
How do you clean yours?
I used damp towels and took me a while just to clean an area of approximately 5x5cm lol.

My favourites are Hien (for its value) and Hayate (for the feel). Zero kinda fulfill its claim, feels like QcK but has smaller friction and faster glide and initial movement. However, after a dose of too many Artisan mousepads, I think my hands have gone numb and I find a lack of description for them... (I ordered Hayate and Raiden together with Zero)  :-X
Even putting price factor aside, Hien is my 2nd favorite :D
I've never tried a Qck before. So you'd say the Zero really is a Qck killer?
lol there can never be too many for me, but I do tend to get less picky over which to use now :p
Same thing with keyboards.... I've been using my least favorite switch for over a week :))
More

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 22:04:33 »
Ya thats the main, and perhaps the only, con from the Hayate  :p
How do you clean yours?
I used damp towels and took me a while just to clean an area of approximately 5x5cm lol.

lol there can never be too many for me, but I do tend to get less picky over which to use now :p
Same thing with keyboards.... I've been using my least favorite switch for over a week :))

I brush my keyboard with a toothbrush very gently and use about 1 drop of dish soap in a bowl of water for a very diluted cleaning solution that will not damage the mousepad.  It works very well but there are still some strands of unwanted fabric left in the mousepad which I do not like and it is pretty difficult to get rid of them.

Offline tubby

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 22:33:07 »
I brush my keyboard with a toothbrush very gently and use about 1 drop of dish soap in a bowl of water for a very diluted cleaning solution that will not damage the mousepad.  It works very well but there are still some strands of unwanted fabric left in the mousepad which I do not like and it is pretty difficult to get rid of them.
You meant to type "brush my mousepad"? =)
I'm rather worried to brush it.
It might be psychological but I think my Hayate don't quite feel the same anymore after several cloth-rubbing sessions :-X
Does yours feel any different?
More

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #413 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 02:23:10 »

I like to test things out too. I've typed on a Cherry black QFR at office for 2 weeks until I feel fatigue building up just in order to try to understand the switch  :D

I think Zero is a faster QcK, that's it. If you like faster glide/lower initial resistance, then Zero is better than QcK (note that Zero still remains very controllable). If someone likes more friction, then QcK is for him  :))

(I said in my review on OCN that Zero was better than QcK because it had faster glide etc, and then got bashed by another member there as being biased :-X I guess he was right if fast =/= better)

Offline tubby

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 09:48:01 »
I like to test things out too. I've typed on a Cherry black QFR at office for 2 weeks until I feel fatigue building up just in order to try to understand the switch  :D

I think Zero is a faster QcK, that's it. If you like faster glide/lower initial resistance, then Zero is better than QcK (note that Zero still remains very controllable). If someone likes more friction, then QcK is for him  :))

(I said in my review on OCN that Zero was better than QcK because it had faster glide etc, and then got bashed by another member there as being biased :-X I guess he was right if fast =/= better)
Did you receive the non-branding Rapid? =D
I'm missing a Cherry black in my collection, although I do own a used WYSE board that I was hoping to salvage its switches from.
But ya I find blacks to fatiguing too ^^;

I just did a quick search and found your OCN review... mighty impressed with the detail of the review =D
Nicely done!!
But ya, I too didn't receive any specifics needing the review to be objective.
That reminds me, I still owe them a review ^^;
But if Qck is really that similar to the Zero, I'm stumped as to why its so popular.... cos, to be honest, Zero is my least favorite of all Artisan mousepads that I own ^^;
More

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #415 on: Wed, 10 October 2012, 21:59:45 »
You meant to type "brush my mousepad"? =)
I'm rather worried to brush it.
It might be psychological but I think my Hayate don't quite feel the same anymore after several cloth-rubbing sessions :-X
Does yours feel any different?

Yes I did lol.  I would not say that the mousepad feels any different after I brush it.  I just make sure that I use a toothbrush with the rubber bits on the edges so that it cleans well but gently.  I never noticed a difference at all.  I even started washing only the half that I use the most (standard computing, Starcraft, etc) instead of the whole thing.  I really only use the second half when I play FPS, which is not as often as Starcraft or even just browsing the internet.

The fibers that they use with the mousepad do not fray and trust me, I REALLY checked after I used a brush for the first time and I could not find anything.  Since then I clean it monthly.  It still looks and feels as smooth as the day that I bought it.  I check every time I get on my computer as I HATE inconsistent glide.  There are some little fuzzies on the mousepad now that were not there when it was new but they are not from the mousepad at all.  They are just little fibers that got worked into the mousepad after so many months of me using it for 4 hours at least each and every day since it was released.  Again, these are not part of the mousepad, I can grab each and every one and pick them out of the pad.  I even take this pad to a dirty, snack ridden, soda-spill prone, dusty computer filled LAN every weekend and it is pristine.

This is truly a phenomenal mousepad and is VERY high quality.  I would not recommend it to people in the sort of way that I would not recommend someone to try a Topre right off the bat when looking for a perfect keyboard.  You really need to understand how nice and how perfect it really is.  You can only do this after trying many mousepads and not finding that any of them were "just right" for you.  I tried the Steelseries Qck, Qck+, 9HD, SS, Artisan Hayabusa, Hien, Shiden (just for a moment), Zowie G-TF, G-TF Speed, and Puretrak Talent before I settled on the Hayate.  I tried the Shiden and Hayabusa after I settled with the Hayate just to be better secured in my opinion that the Hayate was the best for me, and it is.   :)

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #416 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 18:14:08 »
So after listening to Geekhack and getting the Dell 2412, I now know why people need larger mousepads. It's so hard to move the mouse and have to pick it up and put it back into position when using a small mousepad....

Has anyone made a comparison of the Hayate against the QCK+ yet?

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #417 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 18:24:22 »
So after listening to Geekhack and getting the Dell 2412, I now know why people need larger mousepads. It's so hard to move the mouse and have to pick it up and put it back into position when using a small mousepad....

Has anyone made a comparison of the Hayate against the QCK+ yet?

I have tried both.  What would you like to know?

Offline GeorgeStorm

« Reply #418 on: Sat, 13 October 2012, 12:13:27 »
I'm considering buying a SteelSeries SX, I know someone with one who's willing to let it go for Ł30, which doesn't seem too bad.

Anyone here had experience with it? Any others you'd recommend instead? Only tempted since I want to try an alu pad.
Currently have nothing though, so I do need one of some sort.
Poker with blacks
My flickr

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 16:40:56 »
Bet no one has seen one of these before:

Mine:

~Leh Combo~

One of these limited edtion Razer Goliathus Speed v1 medium sized costs about US$ 25 (with the shipping) importing from China, and it's really authentic.

But well, the quality is not greater than a 7 bucks mousepad from Steelseries, we all know that.
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline sovano

« Reply #420 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 19:20:16 »
It's the design that matters :) I didn't know Razer had a branch in China.

Offline wetto

« Reply #421 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 20:01:18 »
It's the design that matters :) I didn't know Razer had a branch in China.

Yeah, their marketing is heavy even there. There were other limited editions of Razer Goliathus sold only there as well and some other products such as mice and stuff.

They may be one of the most expensive companies there, but you know, there are gamers everywhere in the world, and why the hell wouldn't they be selling their stuff on the most populated country in the world, which is exactly where their factories are?

Besides, when Razer's founder and current CEO is called Min-Liang Tan, what would you expect?lol  :p
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 20:45:22 »

How does the material of the Hayate compare in terms of feel with the QCK+? Do you personally think it's worth the 5x price premium? If you didn't have a mousepad currently, and knowing what you know now, what mousepad would you get? This can be any mousepad, not just the QCK+ and Hayate.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 20:50:44 »
Show Image

These are so moe. Where can we get them?

Offline wetto

« Reply #424 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 21:17:22 »
Show Image

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wait, that's an androgynous guy on the mousepad. It's not a girl and it's not supposed to be MOE, wtf!?!?!

Anyway, you can get them here (I bought from this guy and nowadays it somehow got cheaper):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Boxed-Razer-Goliathus-Dragon-Valley-Limited-Edition-Mouse-pad-Size-355-x-245-x-4mm/454732242.html

Believe it or not, it's really authentic. I had a Razer Goliathus Medium Sized V2 before, and its box comes with seals and other stuff that indicate it's really original (although there's Goliathus fakes everywhere, even this model has some around).
My collection:
More

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 15 October 2012, 23:08:43 »
Anyone tried Allsop cloth pads? Their trademark design is that of raindrops (but of course, they have other designs), and you can see them everywhere at Fry's.

Haven't tried any real "gaming" cloth pads, but I gotta say, these Allsop pads are quite nice, compared to other cloth pads I've used (like the crappy free MW3 cloth pads that come with the MW3 G9x's). They're quite slick, with just enough friction for accuracy:

And they're a steal at just $5, too.

Offline swagpiratex

Re: Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #426 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 09:48:00 »
[

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wait, that's an androgynous guy on the mousepad. It's not a girl and it's not supposed to be MOE, wtf!?!?!

Anyway, you can get them here (I bought from this guy and nowadays it somehow got cheaper):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Boxed-Razer-Goliathus-Dragon-Valley-Limited-Edition-Mouse-pad-Size-355-x-245-x-4mm/454732242.html

LOL my bad. Thanks for the link!

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #427 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 13:45:52 »

How does the material of the Hayate compare in terms of feel with the QCK+? Do you personally think it's worth the 5x price premium? If you didn't have a mousepad currently, and knowing what you know now, what mousepad would you get? This can be any mousepad, not just the QCK+ and Hayate.

The Hayate glides much more smoothly than the Qck and has a little bit more of a "sticky" feeling when you stop moving your mouse.  Making it very fast yet keeping a great level of control over you mouse.  I would not say that the extra price is worth it, but I would say that it is definitely better.

If I was getting a mousepad right now and I did not have one then I would probably stick with the Qck or Qck+ unless they did not feel right to me.  Since they did not feel right to me I went with the Hayate.  The Qck is only about $12 so I would just stick with that unless you really do not like it.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 15:42:32 »
Thanks! I would hate to get a mousepad, only to realize that it's way more than I'll ever need. I think I'll just get a larger sized QCK+ then.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 17 October 2012, 16:30:00 »

Offline Seltox

« Reply #430 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 05:09:37 »
I've got a Mionix Propus 380.  There's really only two reasons (I don't see any peformance difference with different pads :P)

1.  It's solid.  The thing hardly bends at all, and I was sick of my mouse pads curling.  So I wanted one taht would just stay flat indefinitely.
2.  It's sparkly and pretty & goes well with my Mionix mouse.  Aesthetics!

Offline ranviper

• Nerd.
« Reply #431 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 08:40:50 »
Steelseries Qck Heavy. Thing is a tank of a pad. Thick, large, smooth. Trumps any other mouse pad I ever used.
EC66 | MIYA

Offline MykB77

« Reply #432 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 01:57:58 »
Usually use SteelSeries 4HD/9HD pads, have a Goliathus too.  Saw a thin sheet pad Golden Gaming by iCAN for ~$12 with a very similar surface to the SteelSeries.  400 x  300 mm and there are two flavors; one is 1 mm thick with natural rubber bottom side and the other is .4 mm (the one I got) and has an anti-skid bottom that literally sticks to the desk like it is glued but easily peels off.

This is amazing for the price and performs as well as the SteelSeries.  I will update on wear later; I use a R.A.T.9.

Offline ih8

« Reply #433 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 09:54:51 »
use the QCK 12.6 x 10.6

was priced well when I picked it up

micro center currently has a good price on the QCK+

Offline Goliath

• Platinum mad.
    • YouTube
« Reply #434 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 00:23:55 »
I have nothing but good things about the steelseries QCK.
It is cheap and my friend has had his for about four months and it is in perfect shape.
I'm ordering one soon. I cannot wait. I use a piece of paper right now. lol
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (lubed)

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #435 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 21:33:43 »
Anyone know where I could get Hayate?
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #436 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 23:05:34 »
Anyone know where I could get Hayate?

Amazon sells them.  You can also ship them from Japan using Artisan's website if you want.  That route is a bit pricey though and they will charge you in Yen.  So the conversion rate become a factor.

Choose is yours.  Their international shipping is very fast if amazon is out of stock as well.  So that is a plus if you live in a country Amazon does not ship to.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 00:19:22 »
Then it has to be the Artisan website then. :(
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 08:53:30 »
Then it has to be the Artisan website then. :(

Don't worry it isn't THAT much more.  I got my Hayate directly from Artisan since Amazon did not stock them at the time.   :)

Artisan has a cheaper price for the mouse pad but more expensive shipping.  So you usually end up only paying about $5 more for one direct.   :)

Offline sovano

« Reply #439 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 09:01:01 »
Show Image

Believe it or not, it's really authentic. I had a Razer Goliathus Medium Sized V2 before, and its box comes with seals and other stuff that indicate it's really original (although there's Goliathus fakes everywhere, even this model has some around).
Ughh that is just so sexy. I have to buy this, even if it is just for novelty. Thanks for the link :)

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #440 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 12:16:45 »
Looking for a reccomendation. I've tried a smattering of different mousepads and never really found "the one" as far as i'm concerned.

I mainly care about this for FPS games because i'm SUPER HARDCORE and RAGE HARD when I die. I'm looking for a pad that doesn't "hold" the mouse when you stop moving it (All the pads i've tried have seemed to do this unless I clean them obsessively.

I rest my wrist/lower palm on the pad as well, which normally isn't a big issue but sometimes if i'm GAMING INTENSELY my palm can get sweaty and sticky. I've built up a bit of callousing there so it's not as big a deal, though.

I've got a Razer Deathadder, about a year old. Still in decent shape. Teflon feet IIRC.

TL;DR something that won't give much "drag" when I try to move the mouse, even from a stopping point.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #441 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:36:44 »
I just got a CMStorm Speed-RXL that swagpiratex mentioned and it's awesome. sooooo large. I have my keyboard propped up on it.

Pictured for sizing:
6762-0
6766-1
6768-2
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:39:01 by cosmonauti »
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #442 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:37:40 »
Corsair just caome out with some I wonder how theyll stack up

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #443 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:08:11 »

link please - unless you're talking about the ones they got from buying Raptor Gaming

I'm Using Puretrak Talent and Puretrak Stealth and enjoy them both.  I had a Steelseries SX that served me well for 3 years but the surface eventually wore down.  I'm looking into the new Razer Manticore.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-pads/razer-manticor

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:13:13 by gameaholic »
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #444 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:10:06 »

link please

just saw it on their facebook feed should show up on their webpage soon.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #445 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:16:04 »
Oh yes those do look nice.  And to think they just started out making RAM.  Soon enough you'll be able to buy a 100% Corsair computer. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #446 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:27:46 »
im using a intel signature pad as my mousepad

Offline wetto

« Reply #447 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:39:55 »
Oh yes those do look nice.  And to think they just started out making RAM.  Soon enough you'll be able to buy a 100% Corsair computer.

Uhhhh... Their headsets are way too frail unlike what they "appear to be" and the audio quality is quite low, the keyboards are pieces of failure and the worst thing of all is that their configuration/macros software sucks so badly that it renders the Corsair M90 mice and K90 keyboard useless, since they're specialized on macros.

Only brands out there I'd really buy a whole kit would be Cooler Master or Ozone. But even still, buying the best from each brand, is far better.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2012, 00:42:10 by wetto »
My collection:
More

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #448 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 21:14:25 »
Yeah I'm sure not all of their products are great.  I've read a few reviews about the keyboard software issues and that kept me from buying one.  I'll be ordering a cm storm keyboard pretty soon.  Corsair's ram, power supplies and cases seem to have a good reputation though.  I think the power supplies are just re-branded though.  I have two of their PSUs, two sets of ram, a cpu cooler, and a 2.1 speaker system and have had a good experience.  I just thought it would be interesting to see if a company went from just making ram to being a competitor to companies such as alienware or digital storm.  Not that I would ever buy a pre-built though.  So much cheaper and funner to build your own.  As of now they sell cases, case fans, power supplies, ram, SSDs, cpu coolers, thumb drives, headsets, speakers, keyboards, mice and mousepads.  I can see how someone would find it convenient or  aesthetically pleasing buy it all in once place. 

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #449 on: Sat, 27 October 2012, 17:37:56 »
Can someone compare the large CM Storm Speed-RX and SteelSeries QCK+?