Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 286165 times)

Offline swagpiratex

Re: Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 10:48:36 »
I think you need to be more specific to have someone help you out. I think one difference would be the mousepad thickness, as the QCK+ is very thin.

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #451 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 12:08:43 »
CM pad is about 2.5~3 times as thick as my Qck Mini if that helps

EDIT: QCK mini is 2mm thick, CM Storm Speed is 5mm thick.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 October 2012, 12:10:51 by cosmonauti »
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 16:05:37 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 15:27:00 by davkol »

Offline cosmonauti

« Reply #453 on: Mon, 29 October 2012, 19:57:26 »
Well, it doesn't look any lighter than my qck mini but I stopped using a wrist rest once I got it and haven't had any discomfort.
heuheuheuheu
BWU
CMStorm Trigger
CMStorm Rapid

Offline exousia7

« Reply #454 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 11:37:02 »
I use a Razer eXactMat. I bought it around 3 to 4 years ago when I was still an ignorant fool and I just wanted stuff from Razer for the sake of being a "gamer"....and at the time I could only afford a mousepad from Razer so I just bought it. Right now I'm using a SteelSeries Sensei Raw I just bought 2 weeks ago, and I just love the combination. I use the Speed side of the mouse pad. The feeling is smooth, my mouse just glides through the surface, and I haven't encountered any problems with it so far.

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #455 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 11:43:21 »
I use a Roccat Taito for my mousepad. I got the biggest one they had, and it's fantastic. It's a cloth mousepad.
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #456 on: Tue, 30 October 2012, 11:56:31 »
For those of you that haven't seen the excellent comparison between the Artisan mousepads, check out the PDF that Tubby made!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/32172733/review/Artisan_2012_review-by-tubby.pdf

It's making it very hard for me to stick with my decision to just stick with a larger QCK+ or a CM RX lol.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #457 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 20:35:50 »
For those of you that haven't seen the excellent comparison between the Artisan mousepads, check out the PDF that Tubby made!

It's making it very hard for me to stick with my decision to just stick with a larger QCK+ or a CM RX lol.

A very good review.  Although I don't agree with everything, at least he likes the Hayate the most!  My favorite as well.  I don't even plan to try out the Zero or Raiden I like it so much.   :)
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #458 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 21:37:46 »

Offline tubby

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:11:41 »

Oh hey thanks for spreading the link, Swagpiratex, appreciate it ^^
Sorry to have muddled your decision though lol
Maybe you can ask around for opinions on which one would better suit your need. Sadly I have no experience on both ^^;
But from what I read, many prefer the Artisan Zero over the QcK.
For control, I personally prefer the Hien over it though ^^
Good luck finding your perfect mousepad, Swatpiratex ^^b

A very good review.  Although I don't agree with everything, at least he likes the Hayate the most!  My favorite as well.  I don't even plan to try out the Zero or Raiden I like it so much.   :)
Thanks, Hfcobra. I am very much open to discussions and would really love to hear which part you disagree with :)

And I wouldn't rule out any of them completely cos they have their uses.
The Zero for example, I think would actually be valuable for FPS players, maybe even more so than the Hayate I would think :) And Raiden would suit those who are lured by those glide test videos which shows their mouse gliding across the surface when blown  :D But then it always comes down to personal preferences, but just like keyboards, a certain switch could sometime be more suitable for a particular use and not so much for others :)
More
Realforce 87UB SE1700 | HHKB Pro 2 | Filco Kobo Red Wood | Filco FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN97MRL/EW2 | Filco FKBN87MC/EY2 | Filco FKBN87M/EMU2 | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Ducky DK9008 | KBC Poker brown | Realforce 23UB WC01B0 | Filco FKB22MB

Offline hamza_tm

« Reply #460 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 13:48:25 »
Just reviewed the Zero, also concluded that it is great for FPS!

I found the glide to be faster than the QCK. I haven't tried any other Artisan cloth pads though so can't compare it there, apparently it's the slowest then?

Here's my quick review anyway:
Zero XSoft Medium

Offline raisinbun

« Reply #461 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 03:35:25 »
Just reviewed the Zero, also concluded that it is great for FPS!

I found the glide to be faster than the QCK. I haven't tried any other Artisan cloth pads though so can't compare it there, apparently it's the slowest then?

Here's my quick review anyway:
Zero XSoft Medium

According to my subjective feeling, Zero is the slowest of all Artisan pads, right behind Hien. This is confirmed by Artisan's official comparison:

X-axis: surfaces (left to right) Shiden Kai, Shiden, Hayate, Hayabusa, Hien, Raiden, Zero
Y-axis: attributes (top to bottom) popularity, initial acceleration, smoothness, difference in speed in vertical/horizontal motion, stopping, agility (the bottom 4 can be ignored)

Offline Johan

« Reply #462 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 11:46:56 »
I'm sort of looking for a new mouse pad, I used a Razer scabbard but then I got a new mouse, The kana. The kana doesn't like the hard surface, I tried  the StarCraft QCK but it feels WAY too slow, I could get a Goliathus Speed edition in the omega size but I think it might be too small. I live in Sweden so my "inventory" is fairly limited.
Help please?
Uh, stuff.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #463 on: Fri, 16 November 2012, 12:28:06 »
I'm sort of looking for a new mouse pad, I used a Razer scabbard but then I got a new mouse, The kana. The kana doesn't like the hard surface, I tried  the StarCraft QCK but it feels WAY too slow, I could get a Goliathus Speed edition in the omega size but I think it might be too small. I live in Sweden so my "inventory" is fairly limited.
Help please?
Actually, there are quite a few gadget-y stores in Sweden from what I've seen, so as long as you don't want something obscure like Artisan or X-Trac pads you should find something that suits you.

Offline Kabuks

« Reply #464 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 08:42:36 »
I use the Steelseries Qck+. Have been using it for 2 years and it is still super smooth.

Offline hfcobra

« Reply #465 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 11:35:41 »

Oh hey thanks for spreading the link, Swagpiratex, appreciate it ^^
Sorry to have muddled your decision though lol
Maybe you can ask around for opinions on which one would better suit your need. Sadly I have no experience on both ^^;
But from what I read, many prefer the Artisan Zero over the QcK.
For control, I personally prefer the Hien over it though ^^
Good luck finding your perfect mousepad, Swatpiratex ^^b

Thanks, Hfcobra. I am very much open to discussions and would really love to hear which part you disagree with :)

And I wouldn't rule out any of them completely cos they have their uses.
The Zero for example, I think would actually be valuable for FPS players, maybe even more so than the Hayate I would think :) And Raiden would suit those who are lured by those glide test videos which shows their mouse gliding across the surface when blown  :D But then it always comes down to personal preferences, but just like keyboards, a certain switch could sometime be more suitable for a particular use and not so much for others :)

Mostly just the comfort and glide feel sections.  :)

I thought that the Hayabusa was the most comfortable surface to touch and glide my mouse on, although it was just too squishy to use with a mouse IMO.  The shiden I didn't really like the feel of since it was rough on the edges.  I also don't like the Hien feel lol.  I suppose I'm just a tad picky.   :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 November 2012, 11:38:02 by hfcobra »
Own/Love: REɅLFORCE 87UB EK Edition 45g

Have owned/used: Realforce 103-UB, XArmor U9BL, Filco Majestouch 104-key with Cherry MX Blues, Browns, and Reds, Steelseries 6gv2, Leopold with Browns

Offline nala

• sup son ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #466 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 17:46:12 »
So I've been using a QCK for around a 8 months. I love the surface, the friction, the feeling, everything... but when it's fresh out from the box. I rest my wrist on the pad, so with all the dragging and sweating, the pad got rough on the parts where my wrist rests and it feels like sand paper so it's quite uncomfortable. I rotated the pad so that I don't wear out one part so easy, but now all four sides are worn out.

I've been thinking about buying a new one, but that would mean I will have the same problem in another 6-8 months. Should I wash it or it will still feel like sandpaper?

Should I change to a different type of pad that doesn't wear out? I only tried cloth pads, but so far, I'm quite into it. I play SC2 quite hardcore and cloth does the job quite well (in terms of accuracy). I also play many other Steam games so I mostly want something that's comfortable for long gaming sessions.
Collection: Filco Majestouch-2 TKL ~ Filco Majestouch-2 TKLRazer BlackWidowUltimate

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #467 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 00:37:11 »
I am washing my goliath every 3 month or so I am not using any soap just brushing. I have two pad speed and control edition.

But Razer pad sides worn quickly if you dont have large pad use wristle gel otherwise sides will torn.

Ill try zowie pads next
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 00:39:47 by stonejoint »
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #468 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 08:35:43 »
Guys I'm thinking of replacing my qck+, going artisan. Which mousepad should I go? I play lol, dota 2, various fps. I have very low sensitivity. Around 450-550 dpi.
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline brianvoo

• Poisoned
« Reply #469 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 08:40:56 »
Guys I'm thinking of replacing my qck+, going artisan. Which mousepad should I go? I play lol, dota 2, various fps. I have very low sensitivity. Around 450-550 dpi.
I'm a low sensitivity gamer too. Played competitive CoD4 with in-game sensitivity of 1 and DPI of 800 on my Ikari Optical. Anyway I really like the QcK Heavy because it's so thick for stability + comfort plus really huge that you can turn it 90degrees and get an almost untouched surface.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 08:51:14 »
I'm a low sensitivity gamer too. Played competitive CoD4 with in-game sensitivity of 1 and DPI of 800 on my Ikari Optical. Anyway I really like the QcK Heavy because it's so thick for stability + comfort plus really huge that you can turn it 90degrees and get an almost untouched surface.

I'm currently usin the fnatic qck+ mousepad. It's big and nice, are there any artisan similar or better?
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline bace

« Reply #471 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 11:10:26 »
I've never used a mouse pad before but SC2: HOTS collectors edition comes with a mouse pad. I hope its a gaming mouse pad.
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #472 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 12:09:38 »
I'm currently using the Razor Vespula. I got it because I wanted a built in wrist rest for my mouse pad and the two different speed sides seemed "cool".
The two different sides definitely give my mouse a faster or slower speed, but once I found the side I liked I never used the other side anyways.  The wrist rest is gel and it feels OK, maybe a little stiff at first, plus there is this Razor logo right in the middle of it that I didn't like being there so much. After only about 1-2 weeks of light use the logo started to peel off the rest leaving a much darker logo still visible underneath which in my opinion looks much better but we don't pay good money for things to wear out plus there was a short time where you could feel the logo peeling off under your wrist while you used it. I actually hurried the peeling process along so I wouldn't feel it anymore. I can see now in certain light that the pad itself is wearing or fading a bit in the heavier used areas. This seems pretty quick to me considering some people are saying they use their pads for years and I have had this one for only about a month. Maybe this is just the nature of a hard style mouse pad? I can see myself needing to replace this in probably one years time or so. I was aware of the quality issues with Razor keyboards but my Razor mouse is doing just fine, in fact I love it, so I thought I would give this mouse pad a fair try. I'm at peace now with the wrist logo peeling off. It's much better that way. I can live with the esthetic flaws on the pad itself, faded areas are to be expected just as long as it won't wear out to the point where I notice a difference while scrolling over those areas. I definitely don't think this mouse pad is worth $45 but it does feel nice. If the quality and lifespan of this product was increased I think I would buy it again.  Mixed feelings.... 4.5 out of 10

That being said if anyone can suggest to me a better gaming mouse pad with a build in wrist rest I'd love to check them out.  Cheers
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 17:31:35 »
Currently using a Destructor (Razer)
Its worn off the gritty surface in the place I used the mouse the most, after all I've had this thing for many years now, about 2-3 since I bought my Mamba.
The pair go rather well together, possibly because Razer suggested the pairing considering at the time the Mamba and the Destructor were pretty expensive both in their own rights.
The pads done some wear to the Teflon feet over time as expected. Shape is a bit different (similar to the Vespula minus the wrist rest).

Also have a oversized Goliathus which sits underneath my keyboard

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #474 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 18:14:39 »
Can anyone recommend a decently wide mousepad? I would like something that runs about 22-24" wide to fit both my poker and mouse on there, preferably blue or black solid color.

Anyone using anything like that?
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #475 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 03:43:26 »
Can anyone recommend a decently wide mousepad? I would like something that runs about 22-24" wide to fit both my poker and mouse on there, preferably blue or black solid color.

Anyone using anything like that?
The XTRAC Ripper XXL is 36" wide, although at the moment I can't recall the names of any other deksmats other than maybe the Razer Goliathus.

Offline Goodfella

« Reply #476 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 13:21:20 »
Yeah I am realistically looking for something around that 24" size, anything much larger would look ridiculous on my desk!
QFR | QFR | QFR | Pure LED

Offline m_enanos

• tbb
« Reply #477 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 15:57:28 »
Using my QPAD CT for almost 2 years. I just love it. I tried before the QcK+, Everglide monstermat titan (Fnatic edition), Func F10, Steel series S&S. THe QPAD feels almost like a rigid mat but with the cloth feeling. it is quite fast though. I have been playing competitive Day of Defeat 1.3 for waaay to many years, and it is the best combo for my Logitech g400.

Offline wetto

• Brazil's Keyboard Enthusiasts Representative
    • Portuguese Mechanical Keyboard Guide
« Reply #478 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 16:24:09 »
Just got a Steelseries Qck CS:Go today...

And well, haven't used it yet all that well, so, my opinion about it isn't well-formed enough up to the point of being able to actually say that it's better or worse than my previous Razer Goliathus...
My collection:
More
Mice: Logitech G602, CM Storm Recon, CM Storm Spawn, Razer Naga, Ozone Radon Opto, Corsair M60, Tesoro Gandiva, CM Storm Alcor, Mionix Naos 8200.
Keyboards: Matias Secure Pro, Matias Mini Quiet Pro, custom modded Metadot Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown, Costar), CM Storm Trigger (MX Brown), Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Red), Tesoro Lobera G5NFL Supreme, CM Storm Devastator.
Soon: CM Storm Quick Fire TK (MX Brown), CM Storm Trigger Z.
Boards I don't own anymore: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid (MX Black), Logitech K800 (Membrane), Logitech G710+ (MX Brown), Thermaltake Meka G-Unit (MX Black), Corsair K70 (MX Red).
Mice I don't own anymore: Logitech G9x MW3, Corsair M65, Logitech G700, Roccat Kone Pure.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #479 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 16:28:50 »
I've really enjoyed my Hien VE but I think Tubby may have gotten me sick with Artisan bug because I want the Hayate now...

Offline tauburn

« Reply #480 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 19:57:14 »
i just tape a piece of paper to my desk.  :(

Offline hotlikedimes

« Reply #481 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 12:48:18 »
I use a SteelSeries SP.  It's not massive, but it's a textured plastic top which I think is pretty rad.  I liken moving my mouse in it to dribbling the puck in hockey.  I can tap it and it slides to the other side of the pad with little effort, which is nice that there's no resistance. the only problem is if something gets on the surface (mostly cheezit crumbs :p) then I can feel it dragging and I have to wipe off the underside of the mouse and the mousepad. It's got the rubber base which I think is essential cause it never moves!!! Too bad they discontinued it...

Offline link_tree

« Reply #482 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 09:33:20 »
Personally I prefer a cloth pad to any other material. it is smooth but with a sense of control and doesn't give any annoying sounds. currently I am using a steelseries qck for well over 2 years and am still satisfied with it's performance.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 14:02:10 »
Steelseries QCK!

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #484 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 17:14:17 »
The Corsair WideMat is excellent.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline cytoSiN

• ATCG
« Reply #485 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 20:33:57 »
Just wanted to weigh in and agree with the previous posts that the Razer Scarab is AMAZING.  Works really well with my Cyborg MMO7 (which has tracking issues on some mouse pads), and the G9 Laser I used before that.  I don't have a ton of faith in many of Razer's products, but the Scarab is a real winner.
Model M 1391401 1989 || Ducky DK9008G2 Pro LE || XArmor U9BL-S LED || CM Storm QuickFire Rapid

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #486 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 20:41:08 »
Using the Goliathus control, but finally found where to buy the TeamLiquid edition of the Goliathus speeed!

So gonna use that soon  ;)

Offline dmbr

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 13:06:26 »
The Razer Manticor makes me drool...ordered it the other day and was disappointed to be informed by Razer that it is on back order and won't arrive till question marks :/

Anyone gotten their hands on one?

Offline stonejoint

« Reply #488 on: Mon, 24 December 2012, 13:59:35 »
I am using goliathus speed good.
CM QFR Black Filco MJ2 Red
Vortex Poker 2 Brown

Offline Vintage

« Reply #489 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 16:59:24 »
I have a QCK standard but I have been looking at some aluminium mousepads.... they look pretty nice. Expensive though.
Not sure if I would like it though. Wish there was a good brick and mortar that had some high-quality peripherals to try out. Microcenter is okay but they don't put enough stuff out to test out.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline tanilolli

• ಠ_ಠ
    • The Tech Zone Live
« Reply #490 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 17:04:30 »
I've been using an Alugraphics Gamer Pro for a few years. It's aluminium with a microfibre bottom that really holds on to my desk. The surface is covered in small dots and the accuracy is just lovely with my G700.
Leopold FC200RT/AB Cherry MX Browns

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #491 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 17:38:23 »
I have a QCK standard but I have been looking at some aluminium mousepads.... they look pretty nice. Expensive though.
Not sure if I would like it though. Wish there was a good brick and mortar that had some high-quality peripherals to try out. Microcenter is okay but they don't put enough stuff out to test out.

You can always ask them if you can test it in the store. That's how I checked out the Corsair Vengeance K90 with reds and the QFR with browns and blues. They might let you hook a mouse up to a computer and test out a mousepad. Definitely worth a try.

Offline hotlikedimes

« Reply #492 on: Wed, 26 December 2012, 12:18:50 »

You can always ask them if you can test it in the store. That's how I checked out the Corsair Vengeance K90 with reds and the QFR with browns and blues. They might let you hook a mouse up to a computer and test out a mousepad. Definitely worth a try.

The microcenter near me is pretty good about having people know know the products, and as a result I would assume know that personal preference and the feel of a product are everything so if the microcenter people are like the ones at my one then you should be able to take stuff out of the package.

Offline Magnusian

« Reply #493 on: Wed, 26 December 2012, 15:38:02 »
This is my mousepad. I got it in 1994 at a computer show in Orlando and have used it ever since. Aside from one of my Model Ms it's the oldest piece of "hardware" I still use.

About 10 years or so ago I got a sheet of lexan and some LEDs and made this to go under it. The LEDs have been continuously on for the majority of that 10 years.
Model M 1390120 1986  | Unicomp Customizer 104 1-Piece Keys | Franken M IBM 1390120 1987/Unicomp U4044A 2007 hybrid | CM QFR Cherry MX Greens

Offline sammsorensen

« Reply #494 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:44:50 »
Steelseries qck+ heavy.. /end thread
Filco MJ2 TKL brown

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #495 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 06:06:53 »
Steelseries qck+ heavy.. /end thread
I noticed in another thread that you have a G500, you might want to give a hard pad a go as the QcK, while decent, is not all that great as far as cloth pads go. Not a problem for optical users, but the G500 has a laser sensor and laser tends to work better on hard pad.
No need to switch if you don't have a problem with it, just something to consider if your mouse doesn't perform as well as you'd like. The hardware acceleration in the sensor is often less noticeable on hard pads compared to cloth.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #496 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 00:30:29 »
I have both the Mionix Propus 380 and the Func Industries 1030.  Both of them are pretty good IMO.  Really loving the Mionix now though...

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #497 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:40:09 »
Using a Func Industries surface 1030. I kinda stole it from my bf and have been using it for a while now. It's a nice smooth hard surface and works well with my Logitech G9x.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Saturn

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 04:28:39 »
steelseries 9hd.  it's good as far as hard pads go, but i'm still not sure whether i actually like hard pads.  it's an odd mix of being smooth and textured at the same time.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #499 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 08:35:26 »
steelseries 9hd.  it's good as far as hard pads go, but i'm still not sure whether i actually like hard pads.  it's an odd mix of being smooth and textured at the same time.

I like hard pads because they are so friction free and more precise feeling.  Soft pads annoy me due to their squishiness and the stupid amount of drag they put on the mouse.