Author Topic: [GB] GMK White on Black Icon Mods (Shipped - Extras available!)  (Read 276249 times)

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Re: [GB] GMK Icon Mod Pack (incl. ISO & HHKB) Round 1 - White on Black
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:11:04 »
Don't cut any more keys, because I will simply not order at all. All the keys chosen have a purpose for one reason or another, and it appeals to a wider range of people.

If you really can't afford to pay like $12 extra for a few more keys, then I suggest choosing a different hobby, or buying another keyset that would be more closer to your budget in mind.

Could we get an update if it would be possible to order extra sets of spacebars?

I'm a HUGE WoB fan (I have literally every single OG Cherry WoB keys) and my spacebars get shiny quite quickly. Would appreciate having extra spacebars as an option.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 12:59:14 »
Don't cut any more keys, because I will simply not order at all. All the keys chosen have a purpose for one reason or another, and it appeals to a wider range of people.

If you really can't afford to pay like $12 extra for a few more keys, then I suggest choosing a different hobby, or buying another keyset that would be more closer to your budget in mind.

Could we get an update if it would be possible to order extra sets of spacebars?

I'm a HUGE WoB fan (I have literally every single OG Cherry WoB keys) and my spacebars get shiny quite quickly. Would appreciate having extra spacebars as an option.

Get some Cherry PBT space bars and get your problem solved.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #152 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:19:59 »

Where?
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:34:19 »

I don't like mismatching abs and pbt and there aren't any real cherry or GMK black spacebars

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #154 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 14:38:23 »

Where?

I got black and beige ones from IMSTO, they match well with my OG Cherry, in particular the beige, I think they are made by BSP, their profile is exactly the same as my original OG Cherry, I could not be happier now, because I hate the shiny spots on my original ABS space bars.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:28:46 »
are you sure IMSTO spacebars are made by BSP? I know some of his dyesub sets are, but I'm not sure for the spacebars... doesn't that 6.25u have way more compatible stems than BSP ones?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:30:51 »
are you sure IMSTO spacebars are made by BSP? I know some of his dyesub sets are, but I'm not sure for the spacebars... doesn't that 6.25u have way more compatible stems than BSP ones?

I got 7u only and I am not sure about the original source of those bars, but they are very well made.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:39:47 »

I thought they were Gateron. Maybe not.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #158 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:40:01 »

I got 7u only and I am not sure about the original source of those bars, but they are very well made.

Vortex (older stock) or Gateron (newer stock) is what IMSTO usually sells. BSP does not have spacebar moulds for our sizes. The Vortex ones are kinda thin and not that good; I have many of them in beige.

I don't see using a PBT spacebar on an ABS keyset as an option, but I'm glad it works for you, and is a good alternative for those that don't mind mixing ABS and PBT.

I really enjoy typing on uniformed texture/materials, so I try to keep avoid mixing ABS (OG Cherry ABS or GMK) with PBT (OG Cherry PBT or Gateron or any other Chinese equivalent).

I actually don't mind shine on my ABS keysets, as I find it adds character and feels fine to type on, but just would prefer to have a few extra spacebars on hand in case I ever want to swap in a new one (since they wear a bit faster than the rest of the keys).

For the same reasons of not wanting to mix ABS/PBT keysets, I have replaced my Realforce stock ABS spacebars with a PBT one, so my fingers are happy and unconfused. ^-^
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 16:42:35 by Karura »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 18:08:22 »
I can confirm that IMSTO BSP sets come with GMK spacebars.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:16:27 »
Seriously. Don't cut any keys. Just get more people to buy the set. Cutting keys or cost isn't going to help. Listen to based azerty man Azhdar.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:22:48 »
I can confirm that IMSTO BSP sets come with GMK spacebars.

Just for the record, the space bar on the left is an OG Cherry, the middle one is the IMSTO's PBT, the one on the right side is a GMK made one.

PBT spacebar with OG Cherry and Bluegaloo:

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:34:05 by ideus »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 19:38:50 »

Vortex (older stock) or Gateron (newer stock) is what IMSTO usually sells. BSP does not have spacebar moulds for our sizes. The Vortex ones are kinda thin and not that good; I have many of them in beige.

I don't see using a PBT spacebar on an ABS keyset as an option, but I'm glad it works for you, and is a good alternative for those that don't mind mixing ABS and PBT.

I really enjoy typing on uniformed texture/materials, so I try to keep avoid mixing ABS (OG Cherry ABS or GMK) with PBT (OG Cherry PBT or Gateron or any other Chinese equivalent).

I actually don't mind shine on my ABS keysets, as I find it adds character and feels fine to type on, but just would prefer to have a few extra spacebars on hand in case I ever want to swap in a new one (since they wear a bit faster than the rest of the keys).

For the same reasons of not wanting to mix ABS/PBT keysets, I have replaced my Realforce stock ABS spacebars with a PBT one, so my fingers are happy and unconfused. ^-^

I actually prefer all my space bars to be PBT even if I have an ABS set, unless it's an SA set. I'm very sensitive to how my space bars should sound, so I almost always put a PBT bar if possible. The sound is much better, and I prefer the feel of PBT over ABS for my thumbs.  :thumb:

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #163 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:27:04 »
The more spacebars, the merrier!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
[GB] GMK Icon Mod Pack (incl. ISO & HHKB) Round 1 - White on Black
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:28:31 »
As long as you're happy, it's nice that we both have different preferences, but we both have the options to fulfill our needs.

So back to the topic on hand, could we order extra black Spacebar sets please? :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 20:35:38 by Karura »

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:50:26 »
I was just thinking of removing keys like esc and others where both ansi and iso sets already have in common. That's what I meant by removing keys. Didn't even think of removing altgr, or hhkb keys.

Will make a poll soon regarding this.

As for Spacebars, once our set reaches the MOQ then you can order more. Just need to hit that magic number

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 01:27:30 »
I was just thinking of removing keys like esc and others where both ansi and iso sets already have in common. That's what I meant by removing keys. Didn't even think of removing altgr, or hhkb keys.

As for Spacebars, once our set reaches the MOQ then you can order more. Just need to hit that magic number

for the poll, can you also include an option to see if people would be more interested in a full set?  those WoB GMK sets on ebay got snatched up pretty quickly.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 23:45:24 »

for the poll, can you also include an option to see if people would be more interested in a full set?  those WoB GMK sets on ebay got snatched up pretty quickly.

yeah I'll set up a poll soon.

decisions decisions :(

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 01:32:54 »
Smaller packs are easier to meet MOQ.

A full set, especially WoB, is going to have some difficulties, but you never know.

I would be more happy if we just ran the modpack first. My experience is that everyone LOVES to see WoB on a keyboard, but when it comes to buying it, I don't think there is a lot of interest.

I do wish to see more WoB sets, because I am the #1 WoB fan (I have as much WoB as possible, and as many layout keys as possible), so definitely would love to be proven wrong and that there is enough demand.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 01:51:14 »
Larger FN key might be nice to make set more unique and desirable. None of my keyboards have a menu key, yet my Originative purchased GMK Dolch TKL set and the full WoB set that I bought on ebay just recently only have a MENU key.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 16:33:44 »
Just came back here to see how it's going.
I cannot believe this hasn't hit MOQ yet ...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 16:44:31 »

The MoQ has not been updated for two weeks, but I do not think is that different now.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 16:57:40 »

The MoQ has not been updated for two weeks, but I do not think is that different now.

Also, I submitted a form about a week or so ago never got an invoice. Is this thing still happening?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 17:00:49 »

Also, I submitted a form about a week or so ago never got an invoice. Is this thing still happening?

Invoicing would happen only if MoQ is reached.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #174 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 18:05:40 »

Invoicing would happen only if MoQ is reached.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #175 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 18:09:51 »
how do I cancel my order? just got my WoB gmk so I no longer need this.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #176 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 18:19:24 »

You can PM the OP; but, I do not think cancelling the order is required, unless the GB reaches MoQ, that seems unlikely.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 02:44:14 »
You can PM the OP; but, I do not think cancelling the order is required, unless the GB reaches MoQ, that seems unlikely.
:verysadface:
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 22:07:29 »

Don't get me wrong buddy, I am part of the group buy membership, but, it appears that BoW is not popular here, less if it is GMK, only Ivan's black did it, that was unfortunately for its buyers, though, what a paradox, don't you think?

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #179 on: Sat, 09 April 2016, 22:58:31 »

Don't get me wrong buddy, I am part of the group buy membership, but, it appears that BoW is not popular here, less if it is GMK, only Ivan's black did it, that was unfortunately for its buyers, though, what a paradox, don't you think?

Not everyone has such refined taste. ;)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 03:33:51 »
it appears that BoW is not popular here
That puzzles me. Colourful sets are too colourful and classic sets are too classic. What does the community even like?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 04:51:11 »
CMON GAIS I NEED THIS

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 09:49:48 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:34:01 by alienman82 »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 13:44:36 »

Just an old boring Joe, colorful sets just don't entice me.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 10 April 2016, 14:38:24 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:33:29 by alienman82 »

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:15:32 »

My art can be crazy and colorful, but I don't really want a lot of that on my keyboard.

I generally hallucinate enough shapes and colors to compensate for my conservative taste in decor. It's nice to have plain and clean surfaces to "imagine" things on.

134117-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:20:49 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #186 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:28:26 »

My art can be crazy and colorful, but I don't really want a lot of that on my keyboard.

I generally hallucinate enough shapes and colors to compensate for my conservative taste in decor. It's nice to have plain and clean surfaces to "imagine" things on.

(Attachment Link)

I like this.

"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself".

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #187 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 17:35:29 »

(Attachment Link)

I like this.

Interesting...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #188 on: Mon, 11 April 2016, 19:53:28 »

(Attachment Link)

I like this.

Interesting...

Lawrence's thing, love that poem.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:10:31 »

Where did you get a WoB GMK?

I wasn't aware that it was offered!

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:17:53 »

From the eBay seller I suppose.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:19:56 »

yeah ebay.  there were 10 sets available
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222066435477
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 02:25:59 »

yeah ebay.  there were 10 sets available
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222066435477

Oh, I had no idea, thanks for letting me know.

I wish I had gotten in on one of those, as WoB is my favourite colourway (besides Skidata of course ;)).

Definitely will be keeping an eye on more sets, and hope that this modpack will still happen, as I have a SeKret keyboard that would really benefit from it. ^-^

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 07:16:26 »
FWIW, just about every suggested key to cut, are keys I joined the buy for. Everybody keeps saying "cut keys to reach MOQ" but discounting the people who'd drop out of the buy if keys are cut.

This is a pretty typical modifier set, I really don't see what the big deal is. Either you want the modifiers, or you don't.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 08:11:10 »
More than two weeks with no updates, I wonder if the OP is still interested in this.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 09:20:49 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:32:13 by alienman82 »

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 12 April 2016, 09:59:40 »
The GB will be open until it reaches moq?Or did I miss something important.
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 11:46:07 »
hi guys,

sorry for the lack of updates here. I still love you guys and I want this GB to be a success.

I'm going to ask a vendor in China to try and get as much as possible so we can reach our MOQ.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 12:27:17 »
hi guys,

sorry for the lack of updates here. I still love you guys and I want this GB to be a success.

I'm going to ask a vendor in China to try and get as much as possible so we can reach our MOQ.

Good news, please keep us posted, and please update the MoQ.

P.D. Glad you are well buddy.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 13 April 2016, 14:00:24 »
May I suggest proposing it to EU/US vendors too? UKKeycaps, KappasKapps and Originative might be good places to start with.