Author Topic: [IC] KAM Wraith  (Read 144675 times)

Offline raptorzoz

Re: [IC] KAM Wraith (samples pics)
« Reply #300 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:08:46 »
Samples getting better and better.
Note that the final surface will be smooth :thumb:
I have to rework the blue color.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The update is coming very soon.

It looks absolutely fantastic!

Offline Slice

« Reply #301 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:39:53 »
Love the look! So happy to see that you are not going for the shiny ones.

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:54:57 »
this is looking awesome  :eek:

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:24:16 »
I'll update the initial thread when I'll get the new renders.
New kits (pricing is coming soon):

base-kit (which covers from 40% to full-size layouts)

calc-kit (numpad extension)

ergo-kit

extension-kit

intl-kit (basically NorDeUkFr)

space-kit

I might remove the 40% support from the base kit and put it in the ergo kit if that make more sense.

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #304 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:44:03 »
💪🥖

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:49:04 »
I like the new kit breakdown, including having 40% support in the main kit. Kinda wish the rainbow spacebars were available in the Space-kit though. They're a huge part of the set's identity for me and while I will totally pay for a kit I don't need just to get them, I wish I didn't have to. Glad to see the matte finish turned out right, the glossy nature of KAM is beautiful but wouldn't fit Wraith. You're killing it biip, so many great keysets lately! Thanks for all your work. (And curse you because I should be spending money on other things as well.)

Offline piit79

« Reply #306 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:53:10 »
I might remove the 40% support from the base kit and put it in the ergo kit if that make more sense.

I'm surprised this got reshuffled so aggressively into big kits rather than the usual pick-and-choose format... Why is that? I thought MOQs are not an issue. After many massive GMK base kits I was looking forward to small specialized kits... A bit disappointed to be frank.

Anyway, I'd personally prefer if you kept 40% in the base - I was going to get 60/65% support anyway and this would mean I only need one kit. Ortho seems to be included in base too. OTOH, if you do end up moving 40%/ortho to ergo, I might just get that and save a bit of money.

I see the rainbow stripe on the 2u spacebar didn't work out in the end, that's a pity. I guess that's because it's also for other boards, where it would not work very well, not just for ortho (where it would fit beautifully).

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #307 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:55:04 »
intl-kit (basically NorDeUkFr)
Show Image

Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Ruwey

« Reply #308 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:03:46 »

I'll update the initial thread when I'll get the new renders.
New kits (pricing is coming soon):

Are you getting rid of the arrow kit? Those vim keys looked awfully nice.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:05:02 »
No more little red spacebar? That was my favorite part.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:05:17 »

I'm surprised this got reshuffled so aggressively into big kits rather than the usual pick-and-choose format... Why is that?

To lower the cost. My goal was to offer the possibility to cover a full-size board for $100.
Keep in mind that this set requires all the molds being created in matte finish  :thumb:

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #311 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:06:30 »

It didn’t fit the spirit/aesthetic of Sinclair keyboards IMO.

Offline piit79

« Reply #312 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:08:28 »
Kinda wish the rainbow spacebars were available in the Space-kit though. They're a huge part of the set's identity for me and while I will totally pay for a kit I don't need just to get them, I wish I didn't have to.

Agreed - is there any chance you would reconsider and move those striped spacebars to the spacebar kit? And poasibly include a striped 2u one as well? ;) (I'd totally understand the latter wasn't feasible though.)

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #313 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:10:49 »
Kinda wish the rainbow spacebars were available in the Space-kit though. They're a huge part of the set's identity for me and while I will totally pay for a kit I don't need just to get them, I wish I didn't have to.

Agreed - is there any chance you would reconsider and move those striped spacebars to the spacebar kit? And poasibly include a striped 2u one as well? ;) (I'd totally understand the latter wasn't feasible though.)

I’ll definitely rework the space kit and include a 2u rainbow spacebar :)

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #314 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:11:28 »

It didn’t fit the spirit/aesthetic of Sinclair keyboards IMO.

No worries! I'll be in for the ergo set my dude.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #315 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:12:03 »

YES!!

Offline piit79

« Reply #316 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 09:12:09 »

Awesome, thanks! I understand about the cost cutting, still can't wait ;)

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #317 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:11:59 »
hello Biip,
In the Int Kit, the real sign of the apostrophe is missing and has been replaced by some kind of half English quotation mark (aka single quote). Could you correct it? Thx, and great sets!
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:15:19 by Senor Coconut »

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #318 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:14:27 »
hello Biip, I have the impression that the real sign of the apostrophe has been replaced by a half English quotation mark. Could you correct that? Thx

+1

And there's an accent mistake for the É 2 key
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #319 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 10:15:55 »
+2 with love

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 12:17:09 »
Wonderful ... in for base, calc, extension and int ... maybe space ... now i need 7V in blue ...

Offline Ruwey

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 12:33:07 »
Still miss the vim keys tho

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #322 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:04:56 »
ergo-kit
Show Image

some newer ergo boards (Boardwalk, Sol2) require two additional 1.5u mods, would you mind including those in this kit? This has especially been prevalent for KAT kits lately.

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:25:26 »
ergo-kit
Show Image

I'd suggest either adding -/_ & +/= keys for the top row or replacing the del/graph keys for them. That and I think it would be better if the outer 1.5u legends were more "generic" (similar to the old ergo kit). It's going to be near impossible to cover the layouts used by everyone for ergo boards. For example I would need a 1.5u tilde, backslash, quotation mark, but no caps lock. So legends which don't correspond to regular keys makes more sense imo.

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #324 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:32:06 »
ergo-kit
Show Image

I'd suggest either adding -/_ & +/= keys for the top row or replacing the del/graph keys for them. That and I think it would be better if the outer 1.5u legends were more "generic" (similar to the old ergo kit). It's going to be near impossible to cover the layouts used by everyone for ergo boards. For example I would need a 1.5u tilde, backslash, quotation mark, but no caps lock. So legends which don't correspond to regular keys makes more sense imo.

+1, making the ergo mods more generic would be helpful for layout compatibility. If not though, please don't remove del/graph  :D

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:34:03 »
Boardwalk support would also be really nice (KAT Lich had a nice kit for it)

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #326 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:43:38 »
ergo-kit
Show Image

some newer ergo boards (Boardwalk, Sol2) require two additional 1.5u mods, would you mind including those in this kit? This has especially been prevalent for KAT kits lately.

Boardwalk support would also be really nice (KAT Lich had a nice kit for it)

ergo-kit
Show Image

+1 for all this!

Offline farmisen

« Reply #327 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 15:22:18 »
This set is brilliant. I am going to write the Queen and beg her to make upas a Lord for his good work in general and KAM Wraith in particular.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #328 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 18:08:21 »
Cool! It's lacking a homing kit now but that's fine, with how it messes up the sublegends I guess this set won't be super popular with alternative layouts despite being uniform profile and I will just use the included non-homing keys and scramble the alphas :P

And uuh I don't know how this happened but you don't need to include the 1u backslash key 3 times in a uniform profile set haha

Also on the 1.25u and 1.5u MAG. TRUE VIDEO keys you can spell out MAGENTA, there's enough space I think.

I'm definitely interested, I think I'll get the base kit, also interested in the extension kit if the rainbow stripes and the extra coloured keys turn out great in the samples. Though personally, I think I would love it if there were spacebars (6.25 and 7) without rainbow, but with "break space". at least I'd like to see what that would look like, in a render or something. maybe that could be the spacebars in the regular base kit? or do you want them to be blank?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #329 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 20:28:38 »
Cool! It's lacking a homing kit now but that's fine, with how it messes up the sublegends I guess this set won't be super popular with alternative layouts despite being uniform profile and I will just use the included non-homing keys and scramble the alphas :P

Colemak user here and I figured I’ll just move caps around. I’ve accepted that getting accurate subs for an alternate layout is a lot to ask, especially on a uniform profile. But if I’m being honest, I wouldn’t mind a homing set of HUNT to at least give us homing keys for several layouts (Colemak, Dvorak, Workman etc).
Ortho. Always.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
Re: [IC] KAM Wraith (samples pics + kits update)
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:21:59 »
update!

I'll have the retail prices very soon, but as mentioned the price of the base kit should not exceed $100.
The Group Buy will be around mid-January, I'll post the final date when it gets confirmed by all the vendors :thumb:

Offline Senor Coconut

• FR (ISO or not)
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:31:55 »
Thx!

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:40:12 »
update!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'll have the retail prices very soon, but as mentioned the price of the base kit should not exceed $100.
The Group Buy will be around mid-January, I'll post the final date when it gets confirmed by all the vendors :thumb:

I should've been more specific, for the -/_ & =/+ keys in the ergo kit I meant 1u size. I do still think the 1.5u keys should be more 'generic' (like the legends in the extension kit). Are the peek/out, code/in & rnd/merge caps in the ergo kit intended to be doubled up btw?

Offline danieljgrouse

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 03:41:51 »
Awesome! I love this new breakdown. I’m a huge fan of trying to come up with inclusive kits that drive the price down for layouts that aren’t standard TKL but are still fairly common. With the shared MoQ of KAT and KAM making tonnes of smaller kits might make sense in some cases but they can make the prices balloon up really fast. Glad to see an affordable option for 40% and ISO users for once even though I don’t need those keys myself.

Offline biip

• @biipmk
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 04:21:35 »
update!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I should've been more specific, for the -/_ & =/+ keys in the ergo kit I meant 1u size. I do still think the 1.5u keys should be more 'generic' (like the legends in the extension kit). Are the peek/out, code/in & rnd/merge caps in the ergo kit intended to be doubled up btw?

:D

Offline Loligagger

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 05:03:20 »
Show Image

Sorry to keep nitpicking, but what I mean is the eight 1.5u keys that were in the earlier ergo kit should all have generic or novelty legends. That way it's compatible with all layouts without needing to add extra 1.5u keys.

Offline piit79

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 05:17:45 »
Great updates, thanks again!

Offline Ruwey

« Reply #337 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 06:10:53 »

Offline Insanto

• Etsy page
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 06:17:27 »
update!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Could you add the tertiary characters to the int 7,8,9,0, < and ß keys? They're not needed a lot but are important.

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 06:23:47 »

Show Image

Coming through with a sweet looking ergo set! Hella getting this.

Offline fouras

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 08:05:15 »
I was a little worried after the first set of samples, but the new ones look incredible, even better than the renders.

Thoughts on adding back raise and lower keys for ortho? There's not really a good substitute for them.

Offline piit79

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 08:54:13 »
Thoughts on adding back raise and lower keys for ortho? There's not really a good substitute for them.

Ha, didn't notice that... That would be great! Other keys are most probably not a problem due to flat profile.

Offline phunktional

« Reply #342 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:17:57 »
Please!

Offline diseeease

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 09:19:30 »
I don't post here much, but I just had to look up my password to say that: HELL YES, I am so in for this kit.

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:04:30 »
I don't know if I should say it, it's so obvious, but biip is the best. Period.

Offline psxndc

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:16:21 »
I don't know if I should say it, it's so obvious, but biip is the best. Period.

I want to second this. I always feel like Biip listens to the community and tries really hard to give us what's requested. Thank you, Biip!

Biip, can you update the first post though to reflect the kits as-of-today? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:19:39 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 17:37:04 »
If this goes to GB with these kits, who from Europe wants to share keys from the nav kit? I only want homing N and T, so Dvorak users and users of HHKB arrows, WASD arrows and IJKL/HJKL arrows can apply :P

Offline piit79

« Reply #347 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 19:24:48 »
If this goes to GB with these kits, who from Europe wants to share keys from the nav kit? I only want homing N and T, so Dvorak users and users of HHKB arrows, WASD arrows and IJKL/HJKL arrows can apply
Hey, I would like the IJKL arrows please ;)

Offline nicolaidavies

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 02:24:07 »
update!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Any chance of an extra 'b' key in the spacebars kit for Alice boards?

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #349 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 02:35:05 »
Any chance of an extra 'b' key in the spacebars kit for Alice boards?
😠😠😠😠
people using both hands for b... just choose one ffs