Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2713 times)

Offline sirtetris

• blog / personal website
Greetings!
« on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 04:55:02 »
It's been a while ...

... a while since I wrote my last introduction thread in a forum, and, actually, a while since I visited geekhack.
I recall visiting this site a few times three years ago, when I got into the whole "mechanical keyboard" thing and then bought a SteelSeries 7G (MX Blacks).
After three years I now switched to a Leopold Tactile Touch (MX Browns), because I do much more typing then gaming these days, and thought it would be nice to get a bit deeper into the whole matter. Hence I created this account. :)

To my person: 22 years old, living in Germany, studying 'Computer Networking'.
More info and stuff on my website (don't worry, it's in English, not German ^^)

I might add that my interests include but are not limited to: penspinning, speedcubung, flourishing, Linux, IT security, physical security, lockpicking, mechanical keyboads, parkour, slacklining, tricking, urban exploration, anime, Japanese language, kyogi karuta, philosophy and typography. So if your into any of those I'm quite likely to enjoy talking to you. ;)

sirtetris
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 September 2012, 05:02:01 by sirtetris »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 17:14:54 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You have a very wide range of interests :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 September 2012, 18:10:34 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:32:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You have a very wide range of interests :)

Yeah... I have no clue what half of them are! I think "tricking" may have a different meaning in your country than here in the US. I'm (almost) positive you aren't a hooker. :P

Welcome (back) to GH.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:33:58 »
Welcome to GH..HIDE YO WALLET!!!!
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline sirtetris

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:48:31 »
Tricking can mean that? Haha, nice. :D
But well ... that's like the internationally used name for it. You migh say martial arts tricking, but most simply say tricking.
It looks like that:
Sadly I'm not skilled in it at all. Only can do some simple stuff. I'm mainly into Parkour concerning acrobatic stuff.

And since I'm pretty sure no one knows what penspinning exactly is (and since, in the case of penspinning, I can show videos of myself ^^):

Welcome to GH..HIDE YO WALLET!!!!
heh ... I like instantly searched all vendor sites I could find links to in the forum and already ordered new custom keycaps :D

and thanks for the nice welcome everybody ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:50:56 by sirtetris »

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:58:52 »
Ah... so tricking is taking gymnastics, breaking, skateboarding, snowboarding, etc moves and linking them together. Falls in a similar category to parkour but just on flat ground. And penspinning is practicing your dexterity while sitting on your arse.

All this means is that I'm getting old and out of the "loop" on terminology. :D
Thanks for the lessons!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 16:58:56 »
Welcome to GH ! :)

Ah, I'd really like to start learning Japanese, unfortunately I must wait for some more years before having some time to do that :(

Offline sirtetris

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 September 2012, 00:42:00 »
If you regularly have to take the train or bus to get somewhere or have some other idle time like every day: use that to learn Kana. They're not that much (compared to Kanji) and enable you to read (or: at least know how to pronounce — translating is another story) simple texts. :)

Offline Anynoupy

• French Fries
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 17:48:03 »
I've chance right now as I leave 5/10 mins of walk far from my school, so no time to learn anything.
But I'll definitely take some time during the week-ends if I can.