Author Topic: [IC] Moment - 60% | GB Open Oct 1 - Oct 16  (Read 141665 times)

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [IC] Moment - 60% | Pre-GB Announcements / GB opening this Saturday, Oct 1st!
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 06:51:30 »
Is there something that keeps the plate centered or can it move enough to touch the metal of the case on its sides?

Offline Ustinj

Re: [IC] Moment - 60% | Pre-GB Announcements / GB opening this Saturday, Oct 1st!
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 14:08:28 »
Is there something that keeps the plate centered or can it move enough to touch the metal of the case on its sides?

There are alignment posts in the corners of the case.

That being said, the gasket strips are included in the kit, but the dampening kit is a separate addon (case foam, plate foam, and pcb foam).

That's good to know.  Is there a sound test available with all of the dampening foams installed?  It seems like none of the sound tests linked in the thread utilized foams and am curious how it'd sound.  Thanks!

Unfortunately not, but I would imagine it would just completely remove any reverb left in the case.

Wait, disregard previous post. What happened to 1st October? I don't see any links anywhere, checked a couple vendors like MyKeyboard and nothing on their GB sites either

I've submitted a GB thread but it hasn't been approved yet unfortunately.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 07 October 2022, 14:23:27 »
Please feel free to lock this thread. Thanks

GB Thread is opened: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=118523.0
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 October 2022, 16:32:11 by Ustinj »