geekhack Community > Input Devices

Modern mouse that uses AA batteries?

<< < (5/6) > >>

dankthropod:
G305 lightspeed is my favourite one!

jamster:

--- Quote from: jamster on Tue, 28 September 2021, 12:14:10 ---
--- Quote from: PointyFox on Tue, 28 September 2021, 12:12:32 ---Logitech G304/G305 (same mouse). Batteries last months compared to about 4 days with the G703. Performance is about the same otherwise. I had a G305, went to the G703 as an "upgrade", then went back to the G305 because I got tired of having to charge it every 4 days.

--- End quote ---

Rechargeable Lipos, though?

--- End quote ---

Since posting this, I bought a G305. It's a good little mouse, if you like the form factor. AA, so no idea why I thought Lipo. Battery has been fine, but it's only been a couple of months.

Coreda:
One I know of is the Razer Orochi V2. Accepts either AA or AAA (yes, has slots for both) as a curious way of letting the user choose between weights as it's targeted to gamers.

Not familiar with what switches it uses but things like double click issues are typically a switch issue from what I've read and switches can be rather easily replaced in mice generally.

Riverman:
The Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse has been a favorite of mine for years.  It can run off of one or two AA batteries, and the battery life is ridiculously long, hence the name.  I also like the M560, which runs on a single AA, and the M510, which can also use one or two AAs.  Last I checked, AA powered mice make up most of Logitech's wireless lineup, and rechargeable ones are only at the high end.

Stupidface:

--- Quote from: Riverman on Tue, 28 December 2021, 01:33:24 ---The Logitech M705 Marathon Mouse has been a favorite of mine for years.  It can run off of one or two AA batteries, and the battery life is ridiculously long, hence the name. 

--- End quote ---

How long, approximately, is the battery life on one AA cell vs. two AA cells?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version