geekhack Marketplace > The Keyboard Company

What's The Warranty Period On Filco's ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bruce:
If you want to send it in, we can usually fix that. It will be the pins under the switch, still soldered to the tracks but the track is moving on the PCB.
Andy here does a pretty good job on them that involves opening up the case, finding the problem, fixing it and sending the keyboard back to you. It shouldn't be more than about £30. Email returns for more info.

Dirty Bint:

--- Quote from: Bruce on Thu, 07 February 2013, 07:41:28 ---If you want to send it in, we can usually fix that. It will be the pins under the switch, still soldered to the tracks but the track is moving on the PCB.
Andy here does a pretty good job on them that involves opening up the case, finding the problem, fixing it and sending the keyboard back to you. It shouldn't be more than about £30. Email returns for more info.

--- End quote ---

Bruce,

I could return it but considering the cost of postage and repairs and my lack of confidence in the product it is not worth it, same thing could happen to another key(s) at a later date. I think I just copped for a ***** Friday afternoon model. I might wait until them Miata Quiet Mini Pros are available in UK layout and get one of them from you if there are any decent introductory offers floating around for forum members.

Bruce:
You have been a little unlucky on that one, Maj1 did suffer from that a little hence the Maj2 and it's custom PCB. But I still have a few Maj1 from the very first batches all working nicely. Usually if that was going to happen it happened quite early and then things settled down.
As one of our long standing, loyal customers if you want to send it in I will ensure it is fixed nicely for you and I'll see we keep cost to a minimum - which we always try to do anyways.
Matias Quiet is going to be excellent mind.

Calytrix:
1 year? Resellers here in the Philippines only offer 1 week replacement warranty.  :( I was about to get one til I found out about the warranty.

katushkin:
I lol'd hard at this thread.

"There's some corner of Geekhack, that is for ever England"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version