geekhack Community > New Members

Hello From Holland, where do I start?

(1/3) > >>

tagaide:
 ;D
I am working on (well trying to start) a keyboard project and found this great website.

I have so many questions but not really a good idea where to post them.
My project is along the lines of the great job bpiphany did however.
All based on a tiny more or less phone sized keyboard.

I am really eager to learn all aspects of keyboard development but find it hard to find a proper starting point.

I have access to a high precision cnc mill for pcb design (from a relative with a metal workshop) but would not even know what to design and what to mill.

What i am hoping to gain out of joining this forum is.
meet nice people.
Understand where i should start.
Make a roadmap so i know what steps i need to follow to a quality keyboard prototype design.

Quite a lot a guess.  :))

Thanks and keep up the good work bringing keyboard hackers together.

thanks

CPTBadAss:
Welcome to GH!

I'm really jealous you have access to a CNC mill. I'd love to have one available for projects like this.

I think you'll be able to find lots of into in the making stuff together subforum.
You can also read through this thread about a GH community created keyboard. I've been reading this a bit and really enjoy it.

Post up some pictures when you get something good made!

tagaide:
Haha, well, you would likely know what to do with a cnc mill.
Thanks for your suggestions i will start looking there.

CPTBadAss:

--- Quote from: balanar on Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:42:49 ---Prior to the transplant:

Show Image

Aaaaand after:

Show Image

Show Image

--- End quote ---

These are from Balanar in the Post Your Poker thread. That metal case is SO sexy. If you could make me one, I'd love you forever. I think it's called a Duck Poker case? But I'm not 100% Sure.

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sounds like an interesting project, although it the keyboard is as small as I think you implied, there might not be many switches that would suit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version