geekhack Marketplace > Clueboard

Keycap options for a Clueboard with Matias switches

<< < (2/3) > >>

KeepTypingAndNobodyCries:

--- Quote from: Fictiouz on Mon, 21 November 2016, 08:53:53 ---Also IIRC Alpine Winter was exclusively a 60% set and did not include arrow keys.

--- End quote ---

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up!

--- Quote from: pwade3 on Mon, 21 November 2016, 12:49:01 ---Not sure how common ISO shifts are with alps/matias caps, but I went with a split right shift on my clueboard to make things a little easier.

--- End quote ---

This is a good idea, I will consider it. Thanks!

romevi:
Picking the Alps layout I wanted for my Clueboard was a long and painful process. At first I wanted to use my AEK II caps, but realized I couldn't because of the right Shift and bottom row (Clueboard doesn't support 1.5u mods). Then I decided to just go with SP's stabs. Later on I scored a set of M0116 caps, which provided the missing Shift I'd need, but that still left me the problem of the bottom row.
I've decided to with the AEK stabs after all, even though that means I will not be able to use Tai-Hao or SP Alps caps. As for the bottom row, I will have some gaps with the thinner mods, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Even if I wanted to use the weird modern Alps stabs, I'd be limited to what skully has on his site, and the only other caps I'd want to use besides AEK is Alpine Winter.  :-\

--- Quote from: romevi on Tue, 22 November 2016, 11:12:57 ---Even if I wanted to use the weird modern Alps stabs, I'd be limited to what skully has on his site, and the only other caps I'd want to use besides AEK is Alpine Winter.  :-\

--- End quote ---

What about the original Matias keycaps? https://matias.store/collections/keycaps-and-switches-1/products/keycaps-white-with-black-printing

dancingbanana:

--- Quote from: KeepTypingAndNobodyCries on Wed, 23 November 2016, 09:56:20 ---
--- Quote from: romevi on Tue, 22 November 2016, 11:12:57 ---Even if I wanted to use the weird modern Alps stabs, I'd be limited to what skully has on his site, and the only other caps I'd want to use besides AEK is Alpine Winter.  :-\

--- End quote ---

What about the original Matias keycaps? https://matias.store/collections/keycaps-and-switches-1/products/keycaps-white-with-black-printing

--- End quote ---

sorry if this is necro, and it's better than nothing, but I have a Matias laptop pro and the stock keycaps are pretty bad. Thin, infilled ABS.

Thanks for the hint, I think this problem is resolved for me, because clueboard added their own version of Alpine Winter, that I like a lot. :)

Now my only problem left is, that there seems to be no aluminum plate for alps switches that fits the clueboard. :(

How do people use the clueboard with alps switches?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version