geekhack Marketplace > The Keyboard Company

Topre Realforce keyboards in EU / ISO layouts are in stock now!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Captainbuttmonkey:

--- Quote from: wsjudd on Fri, 24 March 2017, 09:39:36 ---
--- Quote from: Captainbuttmonkey on Thu, 23 March 2017, 14:03:03 ---I realise this is a bit off topic but is there any chance you guys would be stocking any of the leopold topre boards or HHKBs in the future? I'm sure it's probably unlikely, thanks.

--- End quote ---

Never say never... but there are some good reasons why we don't at the moment. For example, the HHKB isn't CE-approved, so it's illegal to sell in Europe. They are unique and we would like to sell them, but this is a significant barrier. Leopold's Topre boards are quite similar to what we have already; if we can only stock one line we prefer Realforce.

--- End quote ---

Wow I had no idea that was the case with the HHKB, I guess there may be a very small plus side for brexit then haha =P. I completely understand and that's fair enough, just a shame that the ones I am interested in are the fc980c and the fc660c which unfortunately don't really have Topre equivalents. Thanks for the response anyway.

wsjudd:

--- Quote from: Captainbuttmonkey on Fri, 24 March 2017, 12:43:13 ---Wow I had no idea that was the case with the HHKB, I guess there may be a very small plus side for brexit then haha =P. I completely understand and that's fair enough, just a shame that the ones I am interested in are the fc980c and the fc660c which unfortunately don't really have Topre equivalents. Thanks for the response anyway.

--- End quote ---

No worries. Of course, if this changes we'll be the first to let you know! :)

Captainbuttmonkey:
Awesome, I have my fingers crossed  :thumb:

Captainbuttmonkey:
Candykeys has started to sell the HHKB in the EU and has apparently found a distributor with the correct certification. Any chance you guys would be interested in picking some up?

wsjudd:
If they truly do have the correct certification, we may look into it - but no promises :) Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version