geekhack Marketplace > Keycap Set Design Contest

[IC] DSA 808 - Round 2 Finalist

<< < (7/7)

chuckdee:

--- Quote from: EightDiagram on Sun, 14 July 2019, 08:36:40 ---heyo I agree but haven't had the time to put my best effort forward. That said, it would be great to restart a conversation about what an 808 set could/should be and see where it goes. As some time has passed since my original idea was put forth, I've thought about scrapping the whole retro-wave aesthetic for something cleaner, or basic. I am also agreeable to work with someone of like mind who could see this set through to GB phase, or even hand off the reins entirely.

--- End quote ---

You might try to contact SP directly.  With that new profile, they'd probably be looking for some unique sets to run themselves.

tuppaware:

--- Quote from: EightDiagram on Sun, 14 July 2019, 08:36:40 ---heyo I agree but haven't had the time to put my best effort forward. That said, it would be great to restart a conversation about what an 808 set could/should be and see where it goes. As some time has passed since my original idea was put forth, I've thought about scrapping the whole retro-wave aesthetic for something cleaner, or basic. I am also agreeable to work with someone of like mind who could see this set through to GB phase, or even hand off the reins entirely.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, Retro has been sort of done to death in some ways.

but I could see the rainbow colours as part of the modifier keys though, or the numbers. Similar to the programming buttons on the 808

EightDiagram:

--- Quote from: tuppaware on Sun, 14 July 2019, 21:03:46 ---...but I could see the rainbow colours as part of the modifier keys though, or the numbers. Similar to the programming buttons on the 808

--- End quote ---

I really like this idea.

--- Quote from: chuckdee on Sun, 14 July 2019, 19:13:05 ---You might try to contact SP directly.  With that new profile, they'd probably be looking for some unique sets to run themselves.

--- End quote ---

Worth a shot. I'll poke the bear and see what happens.

tuppaware:

--- Quote from: EightDiagram on Mon, 15 July 2019, 21:38:34 ---
--- Quote from: tuppaware on Sun, 14 July 2019, 21:03:46 ---...but I could see the rainbow colours as part of the modifier keys though, or the numbers. Similar to the programming buttons on the 808

--- End quote ---

I really like this idea.

--- Quote from: chuckdee on Sun, 14 July 2019, 19:13:05 ---You might try to contact SP directly.  With that new profile, they'd probably be looking for some unique sets to run themselves.

--- End quote ---

Worth a shot. I'll poke the bear and see what happens.

--- End quote ---

Ohhh yeeahhh!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version