Author Topic: Using Easy AVR on Hand wired matrix/Enablers matrix  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Using Easy AVR on Hand wired matrix/Enablers matrix
« on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 01:21:19 »
Is there any chance we can get a repository for existing PCB's trace layouts that the Easy AVR firmware tool works for so that individuals can use it on hand wired matrix boards? 

IE I want to use it for a hand wired TKL board so I would need to match rows, and columns to the correct pins for say a phantom but I don't have a phantom to look at to trace.

Just looking for say a spreadsheet that has the correct keys in the rows/columns with the corresponding pins at the teensy for each one. 

Would the be out of the realm of possibility/would it not really work this way? 

If it would work I would like to get at least one example of each physical layout that the software works for. 

Also, are there any 105 key layouts this software works with? 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Igthorn

Re: Using Easy AVR on Hand wired matrix/Enablers matrix
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 02:29:52 »
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/card2a.pdf

http://deskthority.net/w/images/6/6d/Phantom_schematic.pdf

Also from matrix.c in the TMK phantom config:
Code: [Select]
/* Row pin configuration
 * row: 0   1   2   3   4   5
 * pin: B5  B4  B3  B2  B1  B0
 */

/* Column pin configuration
 * col: 0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10  11  12  13  14  15  16
 * pin: D5  C7  C6  D4  D0  E6  F0  F1  F4  F5  F6  F7  D7  D6  D1  D2  D3
 */
So just add a P to each pin and you have the labels for the pins on the teensy 2.

--

The only 104/5 keyboards that Easy AVR supports seems to be Kitten Paw in Filco fullsize and Black Petal in Rosewill RK-9000, but those use additional chips.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 September 2014, 02:34:03 by Igthorn »

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 09:27:53 »
Alright so basically I am ok using that software for hand matrix setups on TKL with no issues but not for full sized. 

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 23:01:23 »
I currently have a dissembled Access-IS and a Deck Legend so I can take photos of their PCB if that might help. But I confess that sounds weird since almost nobody uses these keyboards and hardly anybody would benefit from my information.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 08:15:13 »
I thought metalliqaz' firmware only supported known layouts that he has to add-in? That's why I had been using soarer's firmware for matrix and hand-wired layouts. (TMK is another option)

if he ever adds support for arbitrary-size square matrix, I'd use it all the time!

I currently have a dissembled Access-IS and a Deck Legend so I can take photos of their PCB if that might help. But I confess that sounds weird since almost nobody uses these keyboards and hardly anybody would benefit from my information.
Just in case I photograph everything.