Author Topic: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) (Group Buy Started, Moving to Group Buy Thread)  (Read 198481 times)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Re: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 20:18:13 »
Been wanting to get my hands on an ergo board. Definitely interested in the red color. Looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 06:27:27 »
I just got confirmation from kbdfans.. they dont do GB anymore.. the methode for this is FCFS..

Group Buy have many uncertainty that could disappoint buyer or GB participant such as color being different from render, shiping time getting delayed and many other stuff that is unpredictable.

We want to may our buyer happy and satisfied when they recive this case. So we think FCFS is best.. we will make a number of case and put it up on sale.

This way buyer will get the case faster without waiting a long time and will know exactly how the color turns out before they purchase.

But the down side is for this methode KBDfans cant make many color case.. they told me to pick only 3 color and the plate will be brass by default... for color anodize plate will be sold separately after sometimes.

I will make a poll to pick from those color which is the top 3 that will be made.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Offline Yahhms

« Reply #302 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 09:34:52 »
Sad to hear, hopefully I can still grab one :/

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 16:31:12 »
I just got confirmation from kbdfans.. they dont do GB anymore.. the methode for this is FCFS..

Unfortunate but I guess it does reduce uncertainties, hope enough are made that those who want to get one can!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #304 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 23:23:28 »
Please make those color options happen KBDFans!

Also, did you ever discuss what the mounting system would be?
Mouting system is top mount. But with foam to dampen things.. Im not a fan of gasket... well actually i never try one and kinda scared to try.

Here is a simple render.. i will do better render later :D

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 09:38:41 »
"Color Polling"

Kbdfans limit me with only 3 color to manufacture. please help me choose which color you think is best for Maja. Google Form is Below.

https://forms.gle/CVGyZDVjEQtEufcJ8

Offline airyimbin

Re: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard --- [COLOR POLLING, Please Help Me Choose]
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 09:44:42 »
Do you know how many will be made?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline hyppialonso

Re: [IC] MAJA (Majapahit) Ergo Keyboard --- [COLOR POLLING, Please Help Me Choose]
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 10:19:24 »
They don't do gb anymore probably because of the number of orders they received from polaris

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #308 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 10:29:18 »
Yeah, so there must be a maximum right?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #309 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 22:34:36 »
Yeah, so there must be a maximum right?

100 case will be made

Offline airyimbin

« Reply #310 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 00:43:18 »
Is that 100 of each color?

Offline victorpre

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 02:35:07 »
Hi, i liked the board a lot. Just wondering if you will consider having a solderable PCB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline bob808

Hey, I was wondering what the bottom row layout is (what key sizes - 1.5u, 2u, etc.) and if there will be adjustability in the PCB (I think Alice had a couple layout options). I can't seem to find the key sizes for the bottom row anywhere. Thanks and great work!

Offline ViciousVerbivore

Group Buy have many uncertainty that could disappoint buyer or GB participant such as color being different from render, shiping time getting delayed and many other stuff that is unpredictable.

We want to may our buyer happy and satisfied when they recive this case. So we think FCFS is best.. we will make a number of case and put it up on sale.

As someone who has been patiently waiting for this board to go into GB, this is not great news; I don't really look forward to mashing F5 and filling in forms frantically in the hope of buying something. 

FCFS may be better in terms of WYSIWYG, but that's poor justification for something that's still bought bought online, and without any prior experience of the product. I'm sure there will be more people who would be disappointed that they didn't get in on the buy rather than those who didn't get what they were expecting to (GBs always come with that caveat anyway!). And, with FCFS, there is the matter of inflated aftermarket prices that come with limiting supply, and those that buy with the express aim of flipping their purchase rather than using it. In any case, the trend in this community to move to FCFS and limited GB at a time when it's exploding is a bit worrying.

For the Maja (which looks great, btw!) I wish that you would explore the possibility of collaborating with someone other than KBDfans that would be willing to operate on a traditional GB model (even if it's with limited colour options, etc). Alternatively, you could, maybe, get commitments from buyers over a short period (a few minutes or hours, for example), and then have the manufacturing and dispatch happen in multiple batches so everyone who is interested can get hold of a unit, while ensuring KBDfans aren't overwhelmed by the QC and shipping?

Offline hnwi

Re: [IC] Majapahit Ergo Keyboard (New Render)
« Reply #314 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 06:23:42 »
Option 1

227295-0
I just came late in the Maja IC discussion, and found out Maja has been evolving quickly, and I really dig the Maja mojo!  ;)

I'd love to see Maja accomodate one more 1U bottom row key (alt/super/fn) on the right side,  as it will also balance out the left/right blocker spacing–as seen in the annotated picture. In addition to that, having a staggered Home/PgDn/PgUp rather than vertically upright alignment could make it look even more organic. Minimal indicator lights on the upper left corner might help increase usability as well.

I'd really love to see Maja come to frution.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 October 2019, 09:06:21 by hnwi »

Offline menuhin

Re: [IC] Majapahit Ergo Keyboard (New Render)
« Reply #315 on: Tue, 01 October 2019, 07:48:00 »
... In addition to that, having a staggered Home/PgDn/PgUp rather than vertically upright alignment could make it look even more organic. Minimal indicator lights on the upper left corner might help increase usability as well...

I think staggering on both sides may make it look more balanced, i.e. top-left 3 keys and top-right 3 keys both staggered inwards.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Vulcan

Is that 100 of each color?

100 in total

Hi, i liked the board a lot. Just wondering if you will consider having a solderable PCB

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We will see later maybe we could provide additional non hot swap PCB. But for the defult bundle, Maja will be sold with Hotswap RGB PCB.

Offline Vulcan

Hey, I was wondering what the bottom row layout is (what key sizes - 1.5u, 2u, etc.) and if there will be adjustability in the PCB (I think Alice had a couple layout options). I can't seem to find the key sizes for the bottom row anywhere. Thanks and great work!

Same as answer above, for layout i will provide the key sizes.. the botton row us 1.5,2u, 1.25.

As someone who has been patiently waiting for this board to go into GB, this is not great news; I don't really look forward to mashing F5 and filling in forms frantically in the hope of buying something. 

FCFS may be better in terms of WYSIWYG, but that's poor justification for something that's still bought bought online, and without any prior experience of the product. I'm sure there will be more people who would be disappointed that they didn't get in on the buy rather than those who didn't get what they were expecting to (GBs always come with that caveat anyway!). And, with FCFS, there is the matter of inflated aftermarket prices that come with limiting supply, and those that buy with the express aim of flipping their purchase rather than using it. In any case, the trend in this community to move to FCFS and limited GB at a time when it's exploding is a bit worrying.

For the Maja (which looks great, btw!) I wish that you would explore the possibility of collaborating with someone other than KBDfans that would be willing to operate on a traditional GB model (even if it's with limited colour options, etc). Alternatively, you could, maybe, get commitments from buyers over a short period (a few minutes or hours, for example), and then have the manufacturing and dispatch happen in multiple batches so everyone who is interested can get hold of a unit, while ensuring KBDfans aren't overwhelmed by the QC and shipping?

Thank you very much for your input and your intrest for Maja, i really appriciated it. But unfourtunatly we have beed working with kbdfans since the beginning.. so im not going to leave them.

Maybe I didnt explane this quite well.. but for Maja it is not a limited run keyboard.. after 100 board are sold we will make 100 more and sell it again and repeat.. but between those R1 and R2 there will be time for manufacturing again..so people how got it first will enjoy it first.. and people who didnt get it on the R1 will have to wait 1-3 month until it's finish manufacturing.

Option 1
Show Image

(Attachment Link)
I just came late in the Maja IC discussion, and found out Maja has been evolving quickly, and I really dig the Maja mojo!  ;)

I'd love to see Maja accomodate one more 1U bottom row key (alt/super/fn) on the right side,  as it will also balance out the left/right blocker spacing–as seen in the annotated picture. In addition to that, having a staggered Home/PgDn/PgUp rather than vertically upright alignment could make it look even more organic. Minimal indicator lights on the upper left corner might help increase usability as well.

I'd really love to see Maja come to frution.

Hi! I wish you joined us sooner, i really love the 1u idea at the bottom.. we will see about that.. but for the staggerd fungtion key i have to disagree.. those key is what will difference Maja from other ergo keyboard.. and i think it looks cleaner

Offline hnwi

I can see where you're aiming at in terms of aesthetics "cleanliness" by keeping the function keys on the right side of the board vertically upright. It can also maintain a balanced look as long as it has vertically aligned light indicators on the left side (num/scrl/caps light).

I'd say we need not to worry much about how Maja may "look" similar to other boards, because it's not. It is quite unique from the get go by the fact it seamlessly incorporates the nav keys into the ergo layout.
Having even spacing blocker by adding one more 1U (or 1.25U) on right bottom row adds that venerable WKL elegance to it.

It's quite tempting to add additional function keys or macro keys to the left side, but I'd say that we should restrain from it as it will ruin the whole ergo aesthetics in its simplest form yet also complete. It may also add additional cost to the production.
I hope Maja could be the best ergo board that assimilates best ideas from Alice, WKL, TKL and HHKB, and yet still unique in its own way.

Lastly, for the sake of Majapahit spirit  ;D.... please refrain from using the modified Majapahit logo that looks like Shuriken :eek:
Having a simple pvd brass octagonal star Majapahit logo on the back is more classy (think Fusion60, Singa, Polaris).

Cheers! :thumb:

227373-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2019, 02:50:54 by hnwi »

Offline Surefoot

In for an ISO plate version.

Offline Rafa_n

any idea of when those 100 units will be available to purchase?

Offline Poesjuh

In for an ISO plate version.
Iso enter isn’t possible on this. Enter can’t be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline airyimbin

I can see where you're aiming at in terms of aesthetics "cleanliness" by keeping the function keys on the right side of the board vertically upright. It can also maintain a balanced look as long as it has vertically aligned light indicators on the left side (num/scrl/caps light).

I'd say we need not to worry much about how Maja may "look" similar to other boards, because it's not. It is quite unique from the get go by the fact it seamlessly incorporates the nav keys into the ergo layout.
Having even spacing blocker by adding one more 1U (or 1.25U) on right bottom row adds that venerable WKL elegance to it.

It's quite tempting to add additional function keys or macro keys to the left side, but I'd say that we should restrain from it as it will ruin the whole ergo aesthetics in its simplest form yet also complete. It may also add additional cost to the production.
I hope Maja could be the best ergo board that assimilates best ideas from Alice, WKL, TKL and HHKB, and yet still unique in its own way.

Lastly, for the sake of Majapahit spirit  ;D.... please refrain from using the modified Majapahit logo that looks like Shuriken :eek:
Having a simple pvd brass octagonal star Majapahit logo on the back is more classy (think Fusion60, Singa, Polaris).

Cheers! :thumb:

(Attachment Link)
Honestly, you are late to the discussion. We talked on all these points and layout options and Vulcan decided on the popular consensus. I think the current design is great including the logo and layout.

Offline Vulcan

Hi, maybe i forgot to mention. Thick plate have been change to 1.5mm brass plate and The reason is you - "hoobastank"

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Hi, maybe i forgot to mention. Thick plate have been change to 1.5mm brass plate and The reason is you - "hoobastank"

I like this change!
Any timeline for when these will become available on KBDFans?

Offline Vulcan

Ok this is the real reason.. because this keyboard estimate  weight is around 2.5-3 Kg, and if use thick plate it would be 3.5 kg, that is too heavy. Second reason is to bring the price down.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
I missed the Alice and want something that's almost like it but with the arrow keys. This seems really nice.

Offline dannyny

Is there a sale date?

Offline NotYeMK

• I will yeet your keyboard
Me without thinking about my negative bank account:

Offline Vulcan

I like this change!
Any timeline for when these will become available on KBDFans?

any idea of when those 100 units will be available to purchase?

Is there a sale date?

i dont have the exact time, but it's my prediction is around desember/january

Offline darrenph1

With only 100 being made this is going to be next to impossible to get and end up being like the Alice and re-sold for $$$$. Any chance to take it somewhere else so it could be a GB or more made?

Offline NoxNoxNox

Has there been commitment from KBDfans to continue making more after the 1st round?

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
With only 100 being made this is going to be next to impossible to get and end up being like the Alice and re-sold for $$$$. Any chance to take it somewhere else so it could be a GB or more made?

Maybe you should read the thread a bit more carefully in the future...

Maybe I didnt explane this quite well.. but for Maja it is not a limited run keyboard.. after 100 board are sold we will make 100 more and sell it again and repeat.. but between those R1 and R2 there will be time for manufacturing again..so people how got it first will enjoy it first.. and people who didnt get it on the R1 will have to wait 1-3 month until it's finish manufacturing.

Offline darrenph1

Maybe you should read the thread a bit more carefully in the future...

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vulcan

Do you guys want to see GMK render on Maja? If yes what keyset?

It's not going to be a professional render like thesiscamper or janglad, I'm still learning, but I'll try my best!
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 October 2019, 00:27:08 by Vulcan »

Offline Yahhms

Nautilus Nightmares would be sick

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
Olvia++, Rudy, Dracula, Yugo... :D

Offline dexie

Hyperfuse  :rolleyes:
ISO Life

Offline Jubileus

I'd like to see Red Dahlia with GMK Burgundy please

Offline swordfishgirl

Honestly, I'd like to see a more basic keycap set to keep the price down.

Offline asianfork

• Alice
Do you guys want to see GMK render on Maja? If yes what keyset?

It's not going to be a professional render like thesiscamper or janglad, I'm still learning, but I'll try my best!
GMK Cafe, Dots, penumbra solarized

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
Honestly, I'd like to see a more basic keycap set to keep the price down.

There is no keycap set offered with this. Vulcan is just asking for keycap recommendations for his renders.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline swordfishgirl

Read that wrong, thanks!

Offline heyitsconan

reserve!

Offline Gh0sty

Count me in!

Offline Vulcan

Waiting for proto.. so we do more render

Offline rjchatfield

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline MKBGeek

I'm in for one of these  :D

Offline Dissitesuxba11s

Wow, those renders are sexy! Especially blown-up one.

Offline blatantmp4

Count me in... If I can even get one