Author Topic: Google chrome and GH  (Read 2185 times)

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
Google chrome and GH
« on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 20:50:31 »
Why does GH no longer work with chrome...
SmallFry! <3

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Google chrome and GH
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 20:55:47 »
on chrome.

and it's working.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 20:57:10 »
I use Chrome pretty much exclusively.  What issue are you having?  If the site in not accessible at all, then it might just be DNS caching.  Try completely restarting it if that is the case.
Russ

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 21:14:29 »
This webpage is not available
Google Chrome's connection attempt to geekhack.org was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 102 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED): The server refused the connection.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Rumudiez

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 21:19:02 »
That doesn't sound like a browser issue. GH has been going in and out of connectivity for me recently and it has not been browser related at all; rather the site has been going up and down.
40% layout, anyone?

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 21:21:18 »
Just GH, it has been out for over a day, it is the only nonworking site.
SmallFry! <3

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 21:35:45 »
It wasn't working for me yesterday but its up today apparently. I'm on Chrome.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 22:09:39 »
Hasn't worked for me yet.  I hate to have to use firefox... its so slow..
SmallFry! <3

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 22:11:10 »
Hmm.. that's weird.  Working fine for me right now and I'm on Chrome.
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 22:15:17 »
GH had a major upgrade yesterday (Thursday 27-Dec) which included an IP address change.  Some ISPs and browsers apparently took longer than others to catch up.  Chrome was one of the slower for some reason.  Firefox wouldn't work for me for a while, then suddenly started to work.

Also, if you have the old address in your /etc/hosts file (or Windows equivalent), you will continue to have problems until you remove that entry.

Hopefully the above helps the OP and anyone else who may still have connectivity issues.

GH is up and has been fully up for 28 hours +/-.  I can get to it with Chromium, the open source version of Chrome.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline precarious

• LOOK MOM, I'M A DRAGONZORD! DOOOO DODOODODODOODOO
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 22:43:59 »
ipconfig /flushdns

nothing to do with your browser

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 04:13:37 »
ipconfig /flushdns

nothing to do with your browser

I searched that, clicked on it, is that what I am supposed to do?
SmallFry! <3

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 05:38:56 »
Does the site work at all with other browsers? If it does, then flushdns would do pretty much nothing. It just clears the DNS cache, forcing the computer to do a DNS lookup on the site again. If you want to try it, type it in commandline.

Edit: Your router may have cached the DNS lookup as well. You can try rebooting it.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 05:57:54 »
Does the site work at all with other browsers? If it does, then flushdns would do pretty much nothing. It just clears the DNS cache, forcing the computer to do a DNS lookup on the site again. If you want to try it, type it in commandline.

Edit: Your router may have cached the DNS lookup as well. You can try rebooting it.

Ah, Thanks. It is just Google Chrome. I will reset my router in the morning and update on the situation. That seems like a good idea.
SmallFry! <3

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 18:35:35 »
I have the same issue, now I'm posting it on Internet Explorer.  But otherwise Chrome will not load this page at all  :(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 18:42:23 »
For some reason mine started to work W/o me doing anything...
SmallFry! <3

Offline Hyde

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 18:55:33 »
Nope just tried, still doesn't work for me.  Though I haven't use internet explorer in ages.  Is it me or it actually feel faster than chrome now?  I'm testing it on the 64 bit explorer.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 19:53:01 »
For some reason mine started to work W/o me doing anything...

Sounds like DNS refreshed itself after a timeout or something.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 29 December 2012, 20:04:15 »
Chrome is always fast :D
SmallFry! <3

Offline Hyde

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 12:55:59 »
Ohhhh so I cleared my browser data / cache from chrome, then this finally works now  :D