Author Topic: The Bike Thread!  (Read 218487 times)

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Re: The Bike Thread!
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 22:53:59 »
I think I've posted my bike in other threads but here are a few pics:

RB-1 I picked up the other day.
Show Image

My second Litespeed, this is an old pic when it was freshly built up. Need to replace some stuff like the stem and seatpost but you get the idea :))
Show Image

My track frame is currently in the shop for frame damage due to an accident but I'll post that up when I get it built back up, it's an EAI Bareknuckle. Steel is real!

where is this photo taken? in shot #1

Alameda, CA. Excuse the Instagram quality :))

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:09:40 »
Yeah a bike thread!!!! this is my daily work horse its a 2013 Surly LHT and it has been my favorite bike so far.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 23:43:53 »
Yeah a bike thread!!!! this is my daily work horse its a 2013 Surly LHT and it has been my favorite bike so far.

Where is that? Amazing view, and nice looking bike :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #153 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:31:12 »

Show Image

My second Litespeed, this is an old pic when it was freshly built up. Need to replace some stuff like the stem and seatpost but you get the idea :))
Show Image

My track frame is currently in the shop for frame damage due to an accident but I'll post that up when I get it built back up, it's an EAI Bareknuckle. Steel is real!

Nice bikes jwaz! I quit like the look of the RB-1! Be sure to post pics of your track bike once you get it up and running! How often do you ride in the track? Do you race?

Nice bike! Surly make such great workhorse bikes! Lovely view too :)

Offline PicklesKill

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 00:34:31 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice bikes jwaz! I quit like the look of the RB-1! Be sure to post pics of your track bike once you get it up and running! How often do you ride in the track? Do you race?

Nice bike! Surly make such great workhorse bikes! Lovely view too :)

It's a hilltop park that overlooks long beach, it's actually pretty cool you can see long beach, Catalina island and LA from that spot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 07:29:59 »
I read that..   to workout target the butt,  you need to ride  --out of the saddle--.

What does mean... ? --out of the saddle--

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #156 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 10:50:42 »
It means to stand on the pedals and ride your bike without sitting down. Sometimes people do it when they are riding up hills and need some more power. It is quite tiring though, so I wouldn't recommend doing it for fun! :P

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #157 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 12:29:06 »
It means to stand on the pedals and ride your bike without sitting down. Sometimes people do it when they are riding up hills and need some more power. It is quite tiring though, so I wouldn't recommend doing it for fun! :P

Hrrmmm...  how do I make sure I'm working the butt...   is there a lean to this?

more specifically,, am I suppose to lean forward or back..  or side to side, in order to get the hips into it ?

Offline thismat

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:34:43 »
So I don't have a picture with me of my bike but it's a specialized hardrock with custom flats. Nothing overly special but I enjoy it.

How about some good shoes though?

Haven't found shoes I like for riding more than these....even though I ripped one shoes outer layer open on my first ride. heh.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #159 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:39:12 »
So I don't have a picture with me of my bike but it's a specialized hardrock with custom flats. Nothing overly special but I enjoy it.

Show Image

Haven't found shoes I like for riding more than these....even though I ripped one shoes outer layer open on my first ride. heh.

What's the difference between bicycle shoes and regular shoes.

Offline thismat

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:42:11 »

Show Image

Since I ride purely with flat pedals with adjustable nubs, these shoes are made for better grip on flats. So the sole has a pattern that fits this well. Also they're a very stiff sole so smacking your foot into a branch or tree or the ground or something isn't likely to do any damage. Then they're also multi layered for durability during rough conditions.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:44:26 »

Show Image

Since I ride purely with flat pedals with adjustable nubs, these shoes are made for better grip on flats. So the sole has a pattern that fits this well. Also they're a very stiff sole so smacking your foot into a branch or tree or the ground or something isn't likely to do any damage. Then they're also multi layered for durability during rough conditions.

hrrrmm...

I see..    So,  I have a pair of vanns from my hipster days.. that's the same thing right? skate board shoe?

Offline thismat

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:47:32 »

Show Image

hrrrmm...

I see..    So,  I have a pair of vanns from my hipster days.. that's the same thing right? skate board shoe?

Not quite. Same overall style I guess, sole pattern is different and vans are made to be more flexible. When I say the soles are stiff, they're really stiff, you need that extra flexibility with skate shoes a lot of the time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 13:52:25 »
hrrm... i recall the shoes I had were pretty stiff compared to my sneakers..

as for traction pattern,  I could prolly just drill some shallow holes at the front der' no ?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:36:22 »
It means to stand on the pedals and ride your bike without sitting down. Sometimes people do it when they are riding up hills and need some more power. It is quite tiring though, so I wouldn't recommend doing it for fun! :p

Hrrmmm...  how do I make sure I'm working the butt...   is there a lean to this?

more specifically,, am I suppose to lean forward or back..  or side to side, in order to get the hips into it ?

Sorry tp4, I am no butt expert.  :)

Offline thismat

« Reply #165 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 14:43:51 »
hrrm... i recall the shoes I had were pretty stiff compared to my sneakers..

as for traction pattern,  I could prolly just drill some shallow holes at the front der' no ?

Show Image

I say go for it. I mean, your feet will be bloody by the end of it but no pain no gain yah?

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #166 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 18:09:50 »
I saw this really sexy ... singlespeed hardtail today. Bright red, black rims, hubs and handlebar with diskbrakes and 28" Schwalbe Big Apples.
No front suspension.

I would really like to try something like that because with the MTB rims it looked like it could take a beating in city traffic...

I thought the brand was 'Santorno' or something but it seems I was mistaken... :(
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Ghibli

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 01:17:18 »
I watch this before my daily bike ride:

The glory days.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 15:42:00 »
Started working on my bike this weekend.

Repacked the rear bearings, cleaned the frame, took off the stickers, pulled front forks and rebuilt (new seals and oil)

Found broken, messed up

Rear cassette, multiple broken teeth on a few rings, bought one locally, nice Shimano with bronze rings.

Outer crank ring was bent to hell, ordered a new one, Race Face Team Chainring Black, 44 Tooth, 104 BCD

Brake pads totally shot, rotors looking meh, ordered Avid X0 Trail brakes with Avid Cleansweep rotors 200mm front 180mm rear, plus bracket adapters.

Grips pretty much trashed/worn out, ordered Ergon GA2 black.

Chain completely jacked up with a few links that looked very bad, ordered  KCM X9 Gold

So far I've spent about half of what I paid for the bike on new components and tools. I knew the thing was in really rough shape, didn't realize how bad. When I first moved to MD I was going every weekend, sometimes both days, for three hour plus rides on this huge single track network near Towson and never had it tuned up. I miss going though and it's kind of enjoyable getting prepped to go again.

One thing I haven't figured out is that this bike has exposed cables along the long part of the frame, the new brake cables are all solid, not sure how I'll mount those, guess I'll figure it out when they get in and I have the time to install everything.

(returned the brake cables)

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 15:48:06 by Psybin »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:15:37 »
Looks great! Avid X0 Trail brakes are really nice! They are hydraulic so they have fluid in the system so you have to have the full line. Usually I would just run them along the frame and use some cable ties to hold them down. :)

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:43:25 »

As long as the lines aren't too fat I think they'll fit in the stock mounting points. If not zip ties it is, unless I can find something that looks nicer.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:50:23 »
I watch this before my daily bike ride:

The glory days.
That's a pretty rad intro!
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:52:28 »

As long as the lines aren't too fat I think they'll fit in the stock mounting points. If not zip ties it is, unless I can find something that looks nicer.

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah you might be able to fit a hydraulic hose in there. Looks pretty big.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 18:48:25 »
What are your thoughts on those 1x11 drivetrains?

After going out on my bike twice the largeness is more annoying than I remember, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on something that fits me. A hard tail 19" 29er on a 5'9 person makes me sit up really high and I bit it a couple times because of it. I guess back when I was going every weekend I was just younger and better at adapting, this was six/seven years ago.

I'm renting a Scott Spark next weekend to try a 27.5 with full suspension. I'm taking the wife's 27.5 hard tail out Friday.

Looking at some Santa Cruz 5010's online. I plan on going every Monday for the rest of the year, or until it gets too cold. Getting back out there reminds me what I was missing. I did the ride last Monday in three hours. After getting it down with a proper bike I should be able to shave a lot off it.

This Singletracks topo app was pretty handy. I know there are some trick GPS units out there, something for next year.

That's with the bike rack in the down position so you can get into the back. I took it to look confusing on purpose to F with the wife.

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2015, 18:52:27 by Psybin »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 21:24:07 »
Nice! Looks like the ride was good. :) Heard great things about the 5010, don't know too much about the Spark, but I also ride a full sus 27.5 :). 1x11 drive trains are great. You get enough of a range for most riding, and it is cleaner without the front der, as well as less weight. And the chain won't fall off the front ring!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 21:28:07 »
I took it to look confusing on purpose to F with the wife.

:)) :)) :))

Such a loving husband.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 22:51:52 »
How often do people ride one of these trails.. and  never make it back..

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 23:04:27 »
How often do people ride one of these trails.. and  never make it back..
Show Image

Not that often!  :D  Although my knee is pretty cut up from falling off my bike while riding a trail yesterday.  :-[

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:26:28 »
Ha it's her car, mine doesn't have any bike moving capabilities but that's on the eventual to do lists.

Crazy about your knee, is it pretty bad?
 I've been watching a bunch of videos by "Global Mountain Bike Network" on YouTube and one was top ten mountain bikes accessories, one was knee pads. I bought some POC Joint VDP knee pads from Amazon, they came in last night. Very comfortable, will use them tomorrow for sure, might get the elbow pads also.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 06:29:56 by Psybin »

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 08:53:38 »
So with the 1x11 how often do you feel you are lacking the gearing range you'd prefer? Especially on big elevation changes? And does it impact your top speed much, or more importantly, climbing? I've never ridden a 1x11, I'm going to call the rental place and see if I the Scott I have reserved has it or if one is available.

The Santa Cruz 5010 C Im looking at has it as an option in the S trim, however it's bundled with a few other upgraded and tacks on around another $1k.

Also I've found that online I can get the bike well below MSRP from Colorado Cycle, but if I go local, or at least Delaware to dodge the sales tax they all want MSRP. I was going to call Santa Cruz and make sure the online vendors are "authorized vendors" so there isn't any warranty issues, but I don't understand why the price difference is so extreme, like  $400.

So here is the R trim snapshot
Shimano 2x10 drivetrain, SRAM hubs, and Shimano brakes
Rock Shox Sektor Silver TK 130 Fork
XT Derailleur
Shimano Deore M615 Brakes
Shimano Deore M617, 22/36t Cranks
And the S trim with the 1x11

And the more expensive S trim
Rockshox Pike RC 130 Fork
SRAM GX 1x11 Derailleur
Shimano SLX M675 Brakes
Raceface Aeffect SL 32t Cranks
http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/us/5010

This bike is also limited in travel length, but I'm honestly not sure how much I'd actually need. Seems that the 130 would be enough for casual single track stuff, I'm not doing all mountain or big downhill stuff. I don't know anyone who is big into biking to ask other than shops that want to sell me something.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 08:58:35 by Psybin »

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #180 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:07:06 »
So I went to a really nice bike shop in Delaware on Saturday. Garrison's Cyclery of Centerville.

The owner (I think) got a medium off the floor, adjusted a few things, put some pedals on it and let me take it for a ride. Then got a large out, did the same, and I tried that. Talked me through all the sizing stuff.  The guy really went out of his way to help, talked me through a bunch of new bike techs on the market. Super cool guy, really into cars, has a STI Swapped Forester and an old ITR at home in his garage.

I asked if he did any price matching and told him about the Colorado Cycle listing, we checked it out and found that it wasn’t the model I was after, it was an early 2015 with the 2x10 crank and a super cheap cassette, everything else was the same, but kind of shady they were passing it off as such.

The guy ended up price matching them anyway plus $80, so I got it well under MSRP and bought from about the coolest person I've meet in years, and supported a super dope bike shop.  Now the waiting game for it to come in.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 21:53:15 »
Nice Psybin!! Sounds like a great experience. I've worked at a bike shop for the last couple of years part-time, and it is always great when you get someone super hyped come in, and you can show them all the new tech, and get them set up on the perfect bike for them. Sometimes I see people out on the trails riding the bikes that I sold them! Its always great to run into them after.

Not sure what happened to my last post. I wrote a pretty long post replying to your previous comments but I guess I didn't hit send or something? Anyways, knee will be okay. 1x11 is pretty sweet, definitely the way to go in my opinion, I am glad you got the right specs that you are looking for. So what bike did you go for exactly, was it the 5010? I know some dudes who ride the 5010 and it is a sweet bike! I am sure you will love the thing! Be sure to post some pics when you get it, and let me know how it rides!  :D  Stoked for ya!

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 15:59:43 »
I went with a 2015 5010C Build kit S.

Unfortunately the black color is backordered, they should know Friday what the status is. I'm like a kid waiting for xmas now.  :thumb:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 19:50:33 »
Come up to Vancouver for a ride once you've got it! We can hit up the north shore, squamish and whistler  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:30:00 »
So, my riding experience thus far.. Exercise only.. nothing fancy

Brakes,  not that important, I've only used the brakes twice in 3 weeks. rode every other day..

Gears..  I could prolly get away with just 2x2..

My bike is very old,  so the tubes are losing 2psi per day..  I need to pump it back up every week.. not so bad, i got an electric car pump w built in meter, takes 20 seconds..

The bike seat actually needs lubrication, otherwise all the springs in it squeaks like crazy.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:10:37 »
So, my riding experience thus far.. Exercise only.. nothing fancy

Brakes,  not that important, I've only used the brakes twice in 3 weeks. rode every other day..

Gears..  I could prolly get away with just 2x2..

My bike is very old,  so the tubes are losing 2psi per day..  I need to pump it back up every week.. not so bad, i got an electric car pump w built in meter, takes 20 seconds..

The bike seat actually needs lubrication, otherwise all the springs in it squeaks like crazy.

That sounds about right for the tires. My road bike loses about 15 psi / week, but the tires sit at around 110psi normally which is pretty high.

I use quite a few more gears around here, do you not have hills around you tp4?

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 17:33:56 »
I've watched this five times already

http://digg.com/video/downhill-biking-single-shot-semenuk

My bike isn't in until next weekend  :'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 19:08:26 »

How are those flairs in the dirt maintained in the corners,  is there concrete under the dirt to make those curves?

or do they just pay some guy to pile the dirt up there every once in a while.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 21:56:34 »

How are those flairs in the dirt maintained in the corners,  is there concrete under the dirt to make those curves?

or do they just pay some guy to pile the dirt up there every once in a while.

People maintain them, usually just volunteers who build the trails end up maintaining them too.. I do some trail maintenance on a couple of local trails.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #189 on: Sat, 01 August 2015, 12:54:40 »
I rented the whole video last night from Amazon.
About half was really cool, the rest was a lot of slow motion stuff which was kind of overused. All in all very worth watching though, some of those shots were just astounding.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:33:04 »
Finally got around to getting a shot of my bike.

107169-0

It is an 02 Kona Roast.  I bought it with the 1x9 setup and the bashring.  The guide rollers have since fallen off, so when I replaced the crank arms, that bracket came off as well.  I bought it with a Marzoochi fork, bit in FL I think I got some water in the fork tubes, then sitting under the porch at my parents house in IA, it froze and broke the brake arch off one side, so it has a Rock Shox on it now.

Front brake is hydraulic disc with braided stainless line.  Just changed the pads on the front this spring since I bought it in the summer of 03.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #191 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 20:44:24 »
Oh wow, I'm so glad this thread is a thing, I'm a huge biker. I'll get some shots of mine and post them tomorrow!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 02:42:10 »
I biked a lot in high school and moderately while at University.  I rode mostly on a mountain bike (some frame made in China that I put Shimano components on).  My dad had a road bike from the 80s that I started riding.  I liked it but stopped after I wiped out.  The village had begun installing new street lights and excavated shallow channels across the road that were three to four inches wide and two inches deep.  Going over one in a straight line was no big deal...I hit one on a bend and crashed into a construction site...I wasn't hurt that badly just minor cuts and bruises.  I had the road bike repaired but decided to stick to mountain bikes.

Some 15 to 17 years later...I've decided to give it another go.  Took the bike out of storage, stripped it down, and had it powder coated.  Frame and fork is white bars and seat post in matte black.

It used to be metallic blue with a polished front fork...for the life of me, I do not know why I have no photos of before I took it apart or before I had it powder coated...

Anyway, I'm going to have this reassembled tomorrow.  I am undecided if I should reuse the existing components (Shimano 600 chainset, rear derailleur, some Shimano front derailleur, Suntour brakes).  Thinking of grabbing a Tiagra group set or a 105 since it comes in black lol.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 02:47:22 »
Nice!  :) You can't go wrong with either of those, although 105 is quite nice for the money. If you want a good quality that will last you, then I would recommend 105, but tiagra is pretty good too!

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 13:05:33 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah dude, totally. I raced a few times in Cat 5 at the velodrome outside of Seattle when I lived up there. It's been a few years but before I took it out there I mostly just raced in alley cats and whatever race people around the city were doing.

I'm in the middle of moving but when I'm done it's way up on my list of things to get done, miss that thing! At this point I'm probably just going to get a 3rensho or Nagasawa when I make it over to Japan since they're so cheap now.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 04:39:22 »
Went with the 105 group set after finding them at the price I had budgeted for a tiagra group set.  Couldn't find 27x1 tires so I ended up going 700c.

Picture from my first ride:
107578-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:14:41 by infiniti »

Offline dante

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 08:25:40 »
This will be my next ride for q2 2016:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 12:23:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

Yeah dude, totally. I raced a few times in Cat 5 at the velodrome outside of Seattle when I lived up there. It's been a few years but before I took it out there I mostly just raced in alley cats and whatever race people around the city were doing.

I'm in the middle of moving but when I'm done it's way up on my list of things to get done, miss that thing! At this point I'm probably just going to get a 3rensho or Nagasawa when I make it over to Japan since they're so cheap now.

Nice man, that sounds pretty cool! I never got into the road side of things so much, but used to do some mountain bike racing for fun!

Went with the 105 group set after finding them at the price I had budgeted for a tiagra group set.  Couldn't find 27x1 tires so I ended up going 700c.

(Attachment Link)

Nice! Glad you found 105. Lol I can't tell what is behind the bro cap in that picture?

This will be my next ride for q2 2016:

Show Image

I have always wanted to try one of those! Looks like the ergodox of bikes.  :p

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:20:58 »

(Attachment Link)

Oops I uploaded the wrong pic. Haha

It was pic of a bro cap on the face of my kid's stuffed dog.

For the curious:
More
107586-0

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 17:43:38 »
That makes more sense!  :)) Looks great all back together! How do it ride?