Author Topic: [IC] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset [GB NOW LIVE!]  (Read 643322 times)

Offline Niomosy

Re: [IC] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset [The Final Update]
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:13:52 »
There may be small windows here and there you can squeeze into but a number of sets are going to be pushing in wherever possible in the near future.  Waiting may be tricky.  There's a number of other sets that look to be nearing the GB phase.

Offline hippo008

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 17:38:34 »
Hey everybody, im working on the Google Order form! We should be seeing this happen very very soon!

I realized u/LivingSpeedBump is right. There will be more orders no matter what. Before the buy happens and before the invoices, I will try and get a soft date for manufacture date.

Were almost there!  ;D :cool:

Offline zabuza1997

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 16:12:07 »
Hey everybody, im working on the Google Order form! We should be seeing this happen very very soon!

I realized u/LivingSpeedBump is right. There will be more orders no matter what. Before the buy happens and before the invoices, I will try and get a soft date for manufacture date.

Were almost there!  ;D :cool:
Fcking gr8 news man! My wallet is fcking ready!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 13:40:39 »
I need to remind myself to check on this, I absolutely love the colors on this.

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 02:39:56 »
Absolutely love this set
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:21:29 »
Have you thought about making the up arrow keys and all the keys that are meant to be pressed by the thumbs in R3 rather than R4?

Offline hippo008

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 07:58:46 »
Yes I thought about doing something like that. In the end I decided to go with what was most uniform. The set is centered around simplicity and I wanted to keep it true to its core.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 16:13:18 »
Yes I thought about doing something like that. In the end I decided to go with what was most uniform. The set is centered around simplicity and I wanted to keep it true to its core.

I don't know … the option I suggested makes more sense from an ergonomics standpoint.

Offline hippo008

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 16:31:05 »
You arent wrong, and I did toss around the idea for a while. It may still happen, meaning everything but bottom row would be fully sculptured with the bottom row and arrow keys being row 3. Now that you bring it up Im going to reconsider.

Thanks for the input!

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:21:58 »
You arent wrong, and I did toss around the idea for a while. It may still happen, meaning everything but bottom row would be fully sculptured with the bottom row and arrow keys being row 3. Now that you bring it up Im going to reconsider.

Thanks for the input!

Well, the rest of the keys on the bottom two rows are fine staying R4; to get the most benefit, you should only change the keys that I mentioned.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:23:59 »
Well, the rest of the keys on the bottom two rows are fine staying R4; to get the most benefit, you should only change the keys that I mentioned.

Maybe have a seperate pack for it then? I personally don't want to buy a set with mis-matched profiles. I understand the economic benefits, but that'll just look ugly.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:29:39 »

Maybe have a seperate pack for it then? I personally don't want to buy a set with mis-matched profiles. I understand the economic benefits, but that'll just look ugly.

I don't understand … can you please explain to me why you don't mind that almost every spacebar has a different profile than the rest of the keys on its row?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:32:16 »
almost every spacebar has a different profile than the rest of the keys on its row

This just isn't true. The spacebar isn't sculpted like the other keys in its row, but in most profiles its still uniform profile.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:38:53 »
almost every spacebar has a different profile than the rest of the keys on its row

This just isn't true. The spacebar isn't sculpted like the other keys in its row, but in most profiles its still uniform profile.

It can be clearly seen from the official Signature Plastics datasheet for the SA profile (http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf) that the profile used for spacebars is indeed different.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:41:11 »

It can be clearly seen from the official Signature Plastics datasheet for the SA profile (http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf) that the profile used for spacebars is indeed different.

That's true, I thought you were talking about just keysets in general. However, trust me that a spacebar that looks a bit different is very different aesthetically than a bunch of keys that look out of place.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:49:42 »

That's true, I thought you were talking about just keysets in general. However, trust me that a spacebar that looks a bit different is very different aesthetically than a bunch of keys that look out of place.

You know, I am only recommending concave R3 for the Alt keys and the number pad 0 key because that is the next best profile to convex R3 (the same as the spacebar). Unfortunately, convex R3 molds do not exist in those sizes yet.

As for the up arrow keys in a different profile, even giant companies such as Topre have put them on keyboards such as this one (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topre-realforce-104ub?mode=guest_open).
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 19:52:14 by Eric-T »

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:04:47 »

Thanks for the input!

Sorry for the mess on this thread.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:23:16 by Eric-T »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:27:48 »

Dude it's literally fine. We were having a good debate, that's what IC threads are for, so this doesn't end up on the GB thread.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 23:20:12 »

Dude it's literally fine. We were having a good debate, that's what IC threads are for, so this doesn't end up on the GB thread.

By the way, how would you like it if SP made SA convex R3 keys in 1.25u and 2u? Would you prefer that the Alt keys and the number pad 0 keys be in this profile instead?

Offline KushZEN

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 02:22:16 »
Is there an order form up for this yet?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 09:19:38 »
By the way, how would you like it if SP made SA convex R3 keys in 1.25u and 2u? Would you prefer that the Alt keys and the number pad 0 keys be in this profile instead?

That's interesting, but I feel like it would be a bit weird, because the surface area of the key would be effectively reduced.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 11:58:35 »

That's interesting, but I feel like it would be a bit weird, because the surface area of the key would be effectively reduced.

What do you mean? The spacebar is already in this profile, which is basically the concave R3 profile with its depression "flipped upwards". There is little or no change in the surface area.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 13:03:03 »
I'm interested as well, looks great  :thumb:

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 06:48:01 »
With the ISO kit, I believe you are missing the extra key between the Z and the left shift.  For UK it's \ and |

Also the left shift on ISO is missing.

Though I also might be blind and be totally missing them.

Offline sevenpoundowl

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 17:10:36 »
Definitely interested, this looks amazing.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 10:50:17 »
Looks good. Maybe I missed it, but are you purposefully omitting the usual dual legends on keys that usually show both the uppercase and lowercase symbols, such as the number keys and brackets keys?

EDIT: Will there be an option for swapping Backslash and Backspace in addition to swapping CapsLock and Left Ctrl?
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 10:53:24 by Hypersphere »

Offline hippo008

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 11:26:55 »
Looks good. Maybe I missed it, but are you purposefully omitting the usual dual legends on keys that usually show both the uppercase and lowercase symbols, such as the number keys and brackets keys?

EDIT: Will there be an option for swapping Backslash and Backspace in addition to swapping CapsLock and Left Ctrl?

I am omitting all doubled legends yes. All keys only have one legend. As far as swapping options go, no there is not an option to do those things right now. Maybe in the future Ill run a small addon kit for people interested.

the groupbuy is live now, can be found here - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77999.0;topicseen

Offline Hypersphere

Re: [IC] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset [GB NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 11:42:04 »
Thanks. Glad I asked!

Offline diqkiq

Re: [IC] Dusk - An Elegant Dark-Colorway Keyset [GB NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:34:53 »
Joined gb
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.