Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 356737 times)

Offline gnmar2723

Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #1250 on: Sat, 29 April 2017, 11:45:51 »
Will the Cyrillic keycaps be available in the anticipated May drop?

I think the plan is to start with the base set and see how it sells, and then release more kits such as the Cryillic, icon mods, etc. depending on how well the base set is selling.

Offline Konjungamo

« Reply #1251 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 05:50:33 »
With this being sold via Massdrop there probably won't be an option for EU-shipping, right? :(

Offline giammin

« Reply #1252 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 05:55:49 »
With this being sold via Massdrop there probably won't be an option for EU-shipping, right? :(

why?? massdrop usually ship to eu

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1253 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 06:35:10 »

Massdrop will ship keycaps to Europe
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Konjungamo

« Reply #1254 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 07:30:05 »

Sorry, that was worded poorly, I was talking about shipping with an EU-proxy to avoid them going to the US first and being sent from there.
Shipping from the US usally results in a 30-40% increase in price because of custom fees and import taxes.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #1255 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 07:43:50 »

Sorry, that was worded poorly, I was talking about shipping with an EU-proxy to avoid them going to the US first and being sent from there.
Shipping from the US usally results in a 30-40% increase in price because of custom fees and import taxes.

Thats not the truth. I am from germany and import taxes are the same as usual taxes 19%. Thus it makes no difference. The only thing you probably pay more is the international shipping.

Edit: Found out there are some EU countries with harsch custom fees (not taxes). Well hope MD will get some kind of EU proxy someday.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 April 2017, 08:12:08 by T0mb3ry »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 07:45:41 »

They do, but enjoy your customs tax :'(

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1257 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:04:22 »
Thats not the truth. I am from germany and import taxes are the same as usual taxes 19%. Thus it makes no difference. The only thing you probably pay more is the international shipping.

Edit: Found out there are some EU countries with harsch custom fees (not taxes). Well hope MD will get some kind of EU proxy someday.

Yea, that's confused me in the past too - Portugal also has fairly high import taxes (not VAT), however I have not paid them for Massdrop products a single time yet (caps, keyboards, headphones, amplifiers, even watches, you name it) - in fact, I received my RAMA M10 pad last week and I didn't even pay VAT for it, more often than not the products I get sent from MD actually bypass customs due to the fact that DHL sends them to Germany first before their arrival here meaning the re-brand probably confuses our less than observant staff and they just assume it is a German package rather than American.

It's an extremely strange phenomenon, guess some other country's customs are just more competent than yours and mine.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #1258 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 09:26:14 »

Yea, that's confused me in the past too - Portugal also has fairly high import taxes (not VAT), however I have not paid them for Massdrop products a single time yet (caps, keyboards, headphones, amplifiers, even watches, you name it) - in fact, I received my RAMA M10 pad last week and I didn't even pay VAT for it, more often than not the products I get sent from MD actually bypass customs due to the fact that DHL sends them to Germany first before their arrival here meaning the re-brand probably confuses our less than observant staff and they just assume it is a German package rather than American.

It's an extremely strange phenomenon, guess some other country's customs are just more competent than yours and mine.
That's very informative, Vigrith! I have yet to order from MD, but customs in Portugal are absolutely atrocious. The staff is lazy, the service is atrocious and the service charges pile up rather quickly. I once payed twice a watch's worth to get it off customs.

So basically any public service around these parts

Offline yokken

« Reply #1259 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 12:57:49 »
Will the Cyrillic keycaps be available in the anticipated May drop?

I think the plan is to start with the base set and see how it sells, and then release more kits such as the Cryillic, icon mods, etc. depending on how well the base set is selling.

I would certainly buy Cyrillic. I don't know if there's been a poll but we should do one now if kit availability is still up in the air.

Offline mBass

« Reply #1260 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 14:57:21 »
I would certainly buy Cyrillic. I don't know if there's been a poll but we should do one now if kit availability is still up in the air.

Seconded

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #1261 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 20:56:24 »
So DSA Miami Dolch is dropping on May 1st. What about Yuri? Mid May?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1262 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 21:18:42 »

I'm not aware of any specific time frame nor am I affiliated with the drop/MD in any way but from my experience I've yet to see two custom set drops in perfect succession - assuming Miami has the run time sets usually do (20~ days) then I'd say Yuri's looking at end of May.

Probably for the better to be honest, we need as many sales here as we can get to enable all the special kits, dropping it RIGHT after would probably affect them both in a less than positive way.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1263 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 03:36:03 »
Just small update to spacebar kit. 2u keys are changed to R4c (row 4 convex).

No poll needed. This decision is not up to me but Massdrop. I can only suggest.
Nobody knows. Not even me. Probably directly after DSA Miami Dolch or after few days. Though May is little bit unusual, since MD does only one custom keyset per month. Seems the schedule is pretty tight right now.

The german customs work very well. Its not that they are lazy or missed something. Its just we got only import taxes (which are same as "Value-added" tax of 19%) and no fees. And this is how it should be everywhere.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #1264 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 04:27:16 »

The german customs work very well. Its not that they are lazy or missed something. Its just we got only import taxes (which are same as "Value-added" tax of 19%) and no fees. And this is how it should be everywhere.
[/quote]
I guess the stereotype of German efficiency is true after all.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 04:29:45 by jihadu »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1265 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 04:49:02 »

Its not that they check every packeage btw incoming good. They check them randomly, because its impossible to check every package.

However every package which misses proper documents will be always checked completely. In that case you have to drive to customs show them thats inside, explain them that it is and that it is good for and after everything is cleared up, you have to pay import import taxes. Then you can take your packeage with you home.

In case the package has proper documents attached, the postal/delivery service delivers it to you door but to get it you have to pay import taxes first.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #1266 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 09:14:29 »

Its not that they check every packeage btw incoming good. They check them randomly, because its impossible to check every package.

However every package which misses proper documents will be always checked completely. In that case you have to drive to customs show them thats inside, explain them that it is and that it is good for and after everything is cleared up, you have to pay import import taxes. Then you can take your packeage with you home.

In case the package has proper documents attached, the postal/delivery service delivers it to you door but to get it you have to pay import taxes first.
Thanks for the rundown, t0m.

Offline SpinahVieh

« Reply #1267 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 10:58:23 »
Goes for Germany, too. If it passes 150€ value you have to declare customs which adds ~10%, so you end up with a 30% increase in price.

Just to add to that: Sometimes you even have to go to there when proper documents are attached, specifically when the customs office in Frankfurt is overworked. Learned that when I asked why I had to get mine myself.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:02:48 by SpinahVieh »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1268 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:04:42 »
Goes for Germany, too. If it passes 150€ value you have to declare customs which adds ~10%, so you end up with a 30% increase in price.

Just to add to that: Sometimes you even have to go to there when proper documents are attached, specifically when the customs office in Frankfurt is overworked. Learned that when I asked why I had to get mine myself.

Thanks for the info about the markup for > 150 valued items. Thats good to know.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #1269 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:05:14 »
Same goes for Berlin. If the spot something from the US, I almost always have to go to the customers office and pay up. And if it's one of those days, you sit there for 3 hours before it's your turn. Sigh.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #1270 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:45:29 »
Would it help with anything GMK if massdrop had a proxy or something along those lines in Germany? It's silly to me that a product made there is getting shipped to the US then shipped back which then is getting taxed heavily. Seems like it could be handled in a different and better way, both for monetary reasons and for environmental reasons.

Edit: I'm sure this has been asked/purposed before and I understand this isn't really the place to talk about it but its a bit on topic with the current discussion.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1271 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 11:53:22 »
It gets asked all the time, and I believe the answer is because gmk won't split the shipment. They ship to whoever paid and no one else.
keyboards.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1272 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 12:09:12 »
It gets asked all the time, and I believe the answer is because gmk won't split the shipment. They ship to whoever paid and no one else.

If only MD had an EU warehouse...

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #1273 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 12:50:40 »

If only MD had an EU warehouse...

It will probably never happen because it would be a huge headache for MD. MD is a U.S. based company and we have no VAT tax here so the pricing you see on the site reflects that. If they were to add a EU warehouse/proxy then you would not get the same pricing. It would be increased by the VAT which is usually the bulk of the extra costs that EU customers see. For this reason alone, MD will likely never have their own EU warehouse as they would then have to collect VAT tax and remit it to the appropriate governments. I'd have to imagine that's a huge pain in the ass they don't want to deal with since currently they don't have to collect or remit any taxes.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #1274 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:44:23 »

Above 150€ customs are charged. For most products there are 0% custom fees. Normal fees are 1-10% and they can go up to 30-40% with several items. For keycaps these should be 0% so you don't have to pay more. If you buy clothes, some electrical products or other stuff you may pay more. There is a list at the customs website of you and to check or you can also send them a mail and ask for clarification about these fees.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:12:25 »

Above 150€ customs are charged. For most products there are 0% custom fees. Normal fees are 1-10% and they can go up to 30-40% with several items. For keycaps these should be 0% so you don't have to pay more. If you buy clothes, some electrical products or other stuff you may pay more. There is a list at the customs website of you and to check or you can also send them a mail and ask for clarification about these fees.

Actually at customs they told me that computer parts dont have fees and have even lower import taxes. I might mix something since it was long time ago.

Anyway i think Massdrop might get someday a warehouse here in EU, since EU is a bigger market than US (US ~300mil citizens VS EU over 500mil). And i think its not actually a problem to utilize VAT in the current MD system.

Offline giammin

« Reply #1276 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:45:48 »
asking for a massdrop proxy in eu is shortsighted idea, an example:

when gmk sell a keyset to US they dont have to add VAT because they are selling goods outside EU

if we had an EU proxy we will have a price higher respect to MD US price of about 22%

Yes, now we pay an higher shipping cost but they are far less then VAT mainly for high price goods like keyset or keyboard

If we are lucky the package is not intercepted by customs, otherwise we pay max about 15$ more than what we would pay if there were a MD proxy.

what IMHO would be great is to combine shipping to eu inseted of an EU proxy. an example: for my gmk carbon keyset i paid shipping 3 times (base+novelties+spacebar)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1277 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 02:50:26 »
asking for a massdrop proxy in eu is shortsighted idea, an example:

when gmk sell a keyset to US they dont have to add VAT because they are selling goods outside EU

if we had an EU proxy we will have a price higher respect to MD US price of about 22%

Yes, now we pay an higher shipping cost but they are far less then VAT mainly for high price goods like keyset or keyboard

If we are lucky the package is not intercepted by customs, otherwise we pay max about 15$ more than what we would pay if there were a MD proxy.

what IMHO would be great is to combine shipping to eu inseted of an EU proxy. an example: for my gmk carbon keyset i paid shipping 3 times (base+novelties+spacebar)

Uhm, that is not correct. GMK does not add VAT if they ship to a vendor, not because it's outside of EU. Once the vendor sells to the customer, that's when VAT is applied. And from my experience, everything from MD will go through customs. So what EU people would gain is lower shipping costs, faster shipping and no custom fees (and by fees I mean fees not VAT/tax).

We really need to make a proper wiki entry on how import/export works that we can link to whenever this topic comes up.

Offline giammin

« Reply #1278 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 03:04:17 »

Uhm, that is not correct. GMK does not add VAT if they ship to a vendor, not because it's outside of EU. Once the vendor sells to the customer, that's when VAT is applied.
correct but then MD had to add VAT when they sell to final costumers

And from my experience, everything from MD will go through customs. So what EU people would gain is lower shipping costs, faster shipping and no custom fees (and by fees I mean fees not VAT/tax).

not in my experience. italy here

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #1279 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 04:01:34 »
And from my experience, everything from MD will go through customs. So what EU people would gain is lower shipping costs, faster shipping and no custom fees (and by fees I mean fees not VAT/tax).

not in my experience. italy here
I bought twice through Massdrop and both times I had to pay customs duties. I paid Italy's VAT (22%) on the declared amount (shipping included) plus a € 5,00 fee to Poste Italiane who handles the customs clearance and shipping.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1280 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:41:42 »
Just for info.

I've submited all the kits to MD. As i said they are finalized.

Expect the drop in the second half of May. All kits will be available from the start. ;)

I dont expect every kit to tip, since this will cause some kind revolution because of so many new things. But we shall see.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #1281 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 14:51:44 »
so excited to see it happening finally!

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:02:56 »
Very excited about this drop. Congratulations on the great work!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1283 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:05:15 »
Just for info.

Expect the drop in the second half of May. All kits will be available from the start. ;)

I dont expect every kit to tip, since this will cause some kind revolution because of so many new things. But we shall see.

Are all the updated kits on the first page?

Offline stillzman

« Reply #1284 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:36:23 »
great news, cant wait!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1285 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:49:01 »
Just for info.

Yes all the kits on the frontpage are all up to date.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 15:51:31 »
Just for info.

Yes all the kits on the frontpage are all up to date.

Cool thanks.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 17:56:43 »
This is wonderful news T0m!!  ;D ;D

I hope everyone else is as excited as I am for the greatest GMK set of all time  :thumb:

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 18:21:54 »
Pray for the kits to tip.  I will be in for all but ISO. 

Would you put up a poll on MD or some where here so we can tally up support for this T0mb3ry?

Offline ns90

« Reply #1289 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 18:54:47 »
And now we play the waiting game.

Offline mBass

« Reply #1290 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 19:51:14 »
If I had to spend all of my money on emergency spleen surgery on the day before this drops, I'd still find a way to buy this set. 

Offline Jedi

« Reply #1291 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 22:48:04 »
If I had to spend all of my money on emergency spleen surgery on the day before this drops, I'd still find a way to buy this set. 

People also ask
Why is the spleen removed?
What does the spleen do in the human body?
Can you live without a spleen?
Technically, people can live with no kidneys, but require dialysis. Spleen: The spleen filters blood and helps the body fight infections, but it's not essential for survival.

TLDR; You'll be fine :thumb:

Offline mBass

« Reply #1292 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 23:27:25 »

People also ask
Why is the spleen removed?
What does the spleen do in the human body?
Can you live without a spleen?
Technically, people can live with no kidneys, but require dialysis. Spleen: The spleen filters blood and helps the body fight infections, but it's not essential for survival.

TLDR; You'll be fine :thumb:

I've been meaning to replace my spleen with new keycaps anyway.

Offline Terceler

« Reply #1293 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 23:56:35 »
Just for info.

Congrats! I am super excited for this and will be looking out for it.

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #1294 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 01:13:51 »
It's happening, it's actually happening! This drop cannot happen fast enough!

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #1295 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:02:39 »
really love this color scheme.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #1296 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:17:21 »
awwwe yisss... this'll look so good on a matte silver SKOG  :)

Offline giammin

« Reply #1297 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 02:47:17 »
I bought twice through Massdrop and both times I had to pay customs duties. I paid Italy's VAT (22%) on the declared amount (shipping included) plus a € 5,00 fee to Poste Italiane who handles the customs clearance and shipping.

I paid custom only one time on MD (5 order total) and 3 times from tens of shipping form US over the past years

I informed massdrop about their invoice which wrongly does not split shipping costs. after that the orders i received from them where correctly specified in the invoice

Offline kamisamamizu

« Reply #1298 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:04:18 »
I wanted to ask you something.
Are the f and j keys on the standard ansi layout scooped? I know there are two barred ones.
In the render it seems they are scooped, but I want to be sure.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #1299 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 12:21:01 »
I wanted to ask you something.
Are the f and j keys on the standard ansi layout scooped? I know there are two barred ones.
In the render it seems they are scooped, but I want to be sure.

Every properly designed GMK keyset comes with scooped homing keys.