Author Topic: [GB] SA 1965 (Complete)  (Read 172484 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
[GB] SA 1965 (Complete)
« on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 17:49:12 »
Hey everyone,
In collaboration with our very own render genius, thesiscamper, we're happy to announce the release of SA 1965; a Beatles inspired set. He's worked very hard to lay the ground floor for this, and now we're finally ready to show it all off. Over the past few months, you've seen renders of it shown off here and there, so I hope you're ready for it to become reality. All colors are custom to be matched with pantone.

The international China/Singapore GB is organized by kingnestea. The novelties were designed by /u/thesiscamper himself & Keyclack Inc.

Get yours here & make sure to read the details on the product page itself.

Order Link

https://www.keyclack.com/product/gb-sa-1965/

Kits

Note: 40s kit is being updated via rows, an error on our end & a novelty + a few keys be added to add Atomic support. Pricing will not change.

Alpha Kit

MOQ 1: 50
$68 + shipping

MOQ 2: 100
$58 + shipping

MOQ 3: 150
$53 + shipping

MOQ 4: 200
$48 + shipping

TKL Kit

$63 + shipping
MOQ 2: 100
$53 + shipping

40s

$73+ shipping

MOQ 2: 100 Keysets
$63 + shipping

Ergodox

$68 + Shipping

MOQ 2: 75
$58 + Shipping

ISO Kit

MOQ 1: 25
$38 + shipping
MOQ 2: 50
$33 + shipping

Nonstandard Kit

$58 + shipping

$53 + shipping

Novelties Kit

$38 + shipping
$33 + shipping

Numpad Kit

MOQ 1: 25
$41 + shipping
MOQ 2: 50
$33 + shipping

Renders by Thesiscamper

Full album - https://imgur.com/a/ORCsu#wS2eCzC

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 November 2017, 16:45:58 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] SA 1965
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 22:07:14 »
Yes!

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 22:10:17 »
Good luck, your numbers are looking really good so far. I might pick up the alphas, they would look really nice with Chocolatier as the white chocolate kit never happened.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 December 2016, 22:32:38 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 22:27:10 »
Will be in by Dec 13 I guess... I wanna see how it works out for the MOQ for the sets I am interested in

Offline dsaf

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 08:00:35 »
Are refunds transactional? I am only interested if ISO happens, and don't want the rest of stuff if it doesn't happen. Will the whole order get refunded?

Also, is it too late to have an all-brown F1-F12 stripe?

Offline Geckt

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 09:51:31 »
hhhoooo yeah.

I've been waiting for my yellow submarine.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 14:24:08 »
This is, what 6 or 7 active group buys?  Must be a record.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 14:30:28 »
Are refunds transactional? I am only interested if ISO happens, and don't want the rest of stuff if it doesn't happen. Will the whole order get refunded?

Also, is it too late to have an all-brown F1-F12 stripe?

If a kit does not make the MoQ, we will email all participants and ask if they want a refund for that 1 kit, or the whole order to opt out.

I'll talk it over and see if we can include it at the 200 Alpha break point, which looks like we're approaching.

This is, what 6 or 7 active group buys?  Must be a record.

Ivan confirmed?

too soon...

Offline steven_g

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 14:50:01 »
Needs that dark RETURN and ESC key without having to buy a whole 40s kit.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 15:11:46 »

Offline dsaf

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 15:47:21 »
Needs that dark RETURN and ESC key without having to buy a whole 40s kit.

And a stepped caps lock, please if possible!

Offline steven_g

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 18:14:53 »
I also noticed that the dark RETURN key from the 40s pack is R4. Aren't they normally row 3? Is the R4 RETURN a 40% thing or is it misplaced?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 05:49:10 »
I also noticed that the dark RETURN key from the 40s pack is R4. Aren't they normally row 3? Is the R4 RETURN a 40% thing or is it misplaced?

It's for the MiniVan.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:00:44 »

It's for the MiniVan.

Still very important info considering a lot of people want a brown return key for the alpha/tkl set and the responses to that are generally "theres one in the 40s kit" , at least now more people will know that wouldn't work that well.

edit: I was one of the ones saying I'd be in if it had a brown return standard, and I really wish it did. But I will still probably get in when the alphas hit their final MOQ, since i love the brown/cream colorway for this. Really hoping someone can get GB for some extra modifiers/novelties going for this after to include a brown return and some coffeeish novelties (since coffee v3 won't be out for at least a year)
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:08:24 by breusch91 »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:05:22 »

It's for the MiniVan.

Still very important info considering a lot of people want a brown return key for the alpha/tkl set and the responses to that are generally "theres one in the 40s kit" , at least now more people will know that wouldn't work that well.
Maybe a brown one will be added in a mini color pack, we're considering it... but nothing is final except what you see in the kit mock-ups.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:11:11 »

It's for the MiniVan.

Maybe a brown one will be added in a mini color pack, we're considering it... but nothing is final except what you see in the kit mock-ups.

Yea sorry just edited my post right before you replied. I was thinking you guys could do a mini pack gb after this or something. I love the colorway and think it'd look great with some coffee novelties, think you'd attract a good amount of attention since coffee v2 was awhile ago and all thats been confirmed for coffee v3 is that it's at least one full year away.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:21:10 »

It's for the MiniVan.

Yea sorry just edited my post right before you replied. I was thinking you guys could do a mini pack gb after this or something. I love the colorway and think it'd look great with some coffee novelties, think you'd attract a good amount of attention since coffee v2 was awhile ago and all thats been confirmed for coffee v3 is that it's at least one full year away.
No problem man, of course we want to accommodate requests as much as possible, but price and MOQ gets in the way. We have already discussed a mini kit early on, but considering several people already joined with the current design I believe we made the right choice, and it is what I intended for the set, a red return key.

I assure you we (jchan, me et al) will discuss this again before the buy ends.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:49:00 »

It's for the MiniVan.
I didn't realize you had MiniVan support... I looked for the r3 1.25 and r3 1.5 keys but couldn't find them. Are they in there and I missed them?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:51:25 »

It's for the MiniVan.
I didn't realize you had MiniVan support... I looked for the r3 1.25 and r3 1.5 keys but couldn't find them. Are they in there and I missed them?
I'd wait for jchan94 to clarify, he is more familiar with the kits offered.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 08:56:38 »

It's for the MiniVan.

Says it in the description now. Not sure when he added that

8 Kits Total
  • Alpha Kit
  • TKL Kit
  • Non-Standard Kit
  • Numpad Kit
  • 40s Kit – Includes compatibility for JD40, Planck, Minivan
  • Ergodox Kit
  • ISO Kit
  • Novelties Kit

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 09:03:16 »

It's for the MiniVan.

8 Kits Total
  • Alpha Kit
  • TKL Kit
  • Non-Standard Kit
  • Numpad Kit
  • Ergodox Kit
  • ISO Kit
  • Novelties Kit

I remember, we fixed the row numbering and there shouldn't be an R1. Jchan is still waiting for quotes from Melissa before updating the mock-ups, but here it is.

edit:
There will only be one |\ on R1, and I think it's the cream key.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 09:28:17 by thesiscamper »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 09:59:15 »
So I'm having trouble finding references to how the color scheme was done. Is there a flyer or something that this was modeled after, similar to how 1976 was?

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 10:50:13 »
One last question about this set then i'll stop bothering you guys. Did SP/SA ever give you any reasoning for the high prices on this kit? For an MOQ of 100 its: $111 for alphas and tkl kit on here , SA dancer/dasher is able to get a tkl kit (which for them includes alphas) at $76 .  I could see some discrepancy in pricing, but what was the $35 swing for ?  Our highest MOQ doesnt even go down to that. If it's on there end I think you guys should do some haggling and show them those facts and how good your numbers are right now.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 12:07:06 »
Hi will the prices be updated later since most of the kits has hit MOQ because I rather not deal with refunds with my bank, I have issues with them with regards to refunds

Offline elfick

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 12:57:42 »
One last question about this set then i'll stop bothering you guys. Did SP/SA ever give you any reasoning for the high prices on this kit? For an MOQ of 100 its: $111 for alphas and tkl kit on here , SA dancer/dasher is able to get a tkl kit (which for them includes alphas) at $76 .  I could see some discrepancy in pricing, but what was the $35 swing for ?  Our highest MOQ doesnt even go down to that. If it's on there end I think you guys should do some haggling and show them those facts and how good your numbers are right now.

I'm not part of the drop team, but IIRC, the high price is due to the custom pantone-matched colors (which is why you don't see SP color codes listed) and the custom molds for the novelties. I don't think Dasher currently has either of these.

Offline elfick

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 13:07:03 »

It's for the MiniVan.

8 Kits Total
  • Alpha Kit
  • TKL Kit
  • Non-Standard Kit
  • Numpad Kit
  • Ergodox Kit
  • ISO Kit
  • Novelties Kit

I remember, we fixed the row numbering and there shouldn't be an R1. Jchan is still waiting for quotes from Melissa before updating the mock-ups, but here it is.

Show Image

edit:
There will only be one |\ on R1, and I think it's the cream key.

:thumb:
Woohoo! That's both super exciting and highly concerning as I now need to figure out if my wallet can sustain the one-two punch of 1965 and Dasher...

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 13:21:32 »

The set may be a little too retro for me (I'm usually more into vibrancy than muted brown/whites), though I am still pondering buying in, I just wanted to say your renders are getting eerie at this point Camper - they are just frighteningly good, I have no idea how you do what you do but please continue to put your work out there, it's incredible.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 19:05:08 »

I'm not part of the drop team, but IIRC, the high price is due to the custom pantone-matched colors (which is why you don't see SP color codes listed) and the custom molds for the novelties. I don't think Dasher currently has either of these.

Makes sense that's still a high price raise on their part, could see it being half of that but damn.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 19:08:46 »

The set may be a little too retro for me (I'm usually more into vibrancy than muted brown/whites), though I am still pondering buying in, I just wanted to say your renders are getting eerie at this point Camper - they are just frighteningly good, I have no idea how you do what you do but please continue to put your work out there, it's incredible.
Thanks man. Anyway, the great thing is there's almost a set for everyone. The bad thing is if you like them all

Offline steven_g

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 20:04:30 »
It looks like the TKL mods, numpad and novelties are all approaching/have passed the next price drop. Is the price able to come down more because of the higher volume of sales?

Offline _cramil

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 21:07:31 »
I loved this set the first I saw it and the more I look at it the more I like it!! I will definitely be in on this!!

Looks like the 40s kit has been updated with a red novelty return, an ivory and brown  |\ key and an R4 Shift key (looks like 1.75u or 2u). Any plans for some similar adjustments to the Nonstandard kit? Saaaay a brown return key and esc key??? Spent a lot of time looking at this and was thinking that an option pack for red F1-F4 & F9-F12 would be a cool addition as well. Or even red RPT, SCRLK, PAUSE.  I know it's late in the game but thought toss the idea out there. Wasn't there talk also of an additional TKL Drop at MOQ 150?

(ps: In the MOQ listing of your op the "40s" is bold'ed but not yellow'ed)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 23:06:41 »
I loved this set the first I saw it and the more I look at it the more I like it!! I will definitely be in on this!!

Looks like the 40s kit has been updated with a red novelty return, an ivory and brown  |\ key and an R4 Shift key (looks like 1.75u or 2u). Any plans for some similar adjustments to the Nonstandard kit? Saaaay a brown return key and esc key??? Spent a lot of time looking at this and was thinking that an option pack for red F1-F4 & F9-F12 would be a cool addition as well. Or even red RPT, SCRLK, PAUSE.  I know it's late in the game but thought toss the idea out there. Wasn't there talk also of an additional TKL Drop at MOQ 150?

We won't be adding the extra keys you've asked for. The set was intended to be as such and we want to respect the designer, Thesiscamper. The accents plays very nicely IMO.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 23:32:40 »

We won't be adding the extra keys you've asked for. The set was intended to be as such and we want to respect the designer, Thesiscamper. The accents plays very nicely IMO.

Sad to hear that but oh well, don't think I'll be jumping on this one unless SP allows another MOQ price drop tier. Going to save my money and invest in one of your other group buys, and maybe try and grab an extra set of SA camper when it comes around in feb/march
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 December 2016, 23:36:24 by breusch91 »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 21:03:25 »
The 40s kit has received an update. Prices will not change as it is already struggling. I hope it can meet MoQ :).

Please review the keys below.

Offline Hiroyuki

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 08:44:03 »
Would it by any chance be possible to get an option for e.g. 1 or 4 blank light-colored R1 caps for the keyboards that has media buttons above numpad (or media buttons for that matter)
Ergodox kit has some R1 blanks, but it's kinda a lot to pay for an entire ergodox kits for a couple of blanks. Besides, light colored ones would go better with the general layout...

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 12:20:46 »
Is there a document charting current MOQ or are we just buying in assuming base numbers with a surprise discount at the end?

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 13:44:39 »
Look for the bold colors on the sale page. He updates counts at the top and then bolds the applicable MOQ.

Offline gandroider

Re: [GB] SA 1965 Questions
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 18:57:54 »
I'm new to a GB in keyclack, most of the time I've spent a lot in MD. I've got several question to ask:

1. When will this GB end?
2. In MD, payment will be charged after the GB deadline end. Will keyclack do the same? or,
3. Payment will be charged right after we checkout? Means if prices get lower due to MOQ achieved after we pay, we lost the opportunity to get that lower price.

Thank you

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 18:59:33 »
I'm new to a GB in keyclack, most of the time I've spent a lot in MD. I've got several question to ask:

2. In MD, payment will be charged after the GB deadline end. Will keyclack do the same? or,
3. Payment will be charged right after we checkout? Means if prices get lower due to MOQ achieved after we pay, we lost the opportunity to get that lower price.

Thank you

1. Dec 14 midnight PST
2. Sorry. I don't have that system.
3. You will get refunded for the MoQs that are met.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 19:03:37 »

Thank you

FAQs

Please read the general GB terms here

Q. When does this GB end?
A. On December 14th, 2016, 11:59PM PST.

Q. When do payments occur?
A. Immediately

just quoted from https://www.keyclack.com/product/gb-sa-1965/

you can read all FAQs in the bottom of the page.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 20:28:16 »
Is there a document charting current MOQ or are we just buying in assuming base numbers with a surprise discount at the end?

The actual keyclack site where you order this has updated numbers of the MOQ's listed below on the page.

Offline rundeploy

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 08:26:31 »
Hey, jchan94, could you please update the current orders numbers ?

I am so tempted, but waiting till June/July '17 is só boring..

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 22:11:32 »
Hey, jchan94, could you please update the current orders numbers ?

I am so tempted, but waiting till June/July '17 is só boring..

I'm updating it tonight as I have a few things to do first, but you should see the updated numbers by tomorrow morning (PST) at the latest.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #43 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 17:38:33 »
Updated numbers

Alpha - 236
TKL - 223
Numpad - 118
Novelties - 164
Nonstandard - 83
40s - 18
Ergodox - 10
ISO - 8

Prices
Alpha - 48 usd
TKL - 48 usd
Novelties - 25 usd
Numpad - 33 usd
Nonstandard - 53 usd

40s - hasn't met MoQ, but 73 usd
ergodox - hasn't met MoQ, but 68 usd
iso - hasn't met MoQ, but 38 usd
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 December 2016, 05:00:00 by jchan94 »

Offline steven_g

« Reply #44 on: Fri, 09 December 2016, 17:48:21 »
IN ER LIKE DINNER

Offline Geckt

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 11 December 2016, 10:11:18 »
Updated numbers

Alpha - 236
TKL - 223
Numpad - 118
Novelties - 164
Nonstandard - 83
40s - 18
Ergodox - 10
ISO - 8

Prices
Alpha - 48 usd
TKL - 48 usd
Novelties - 25 usd
Numpad - 33 usd
Nonstandard - 53 usd

40s - hasn't met MoQ, but 73 usd
ergodox - hasn't met MoQ, but 68 usd
iso - hasn't met MoQ, but 38 usd

Hi Jchan, am looking to add another kit to my pre-order.
Just filed a ticket on your site.  :thumb:

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 11:58:45 »
Briefly considered the idea of buying up any remaining ISO kits to hit the MOQ, but I don't have $650 to do that. Joining anyway (just in case) once I'm on my own PC after work.

So sad seeing this dream set slip away.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 12 December 2016, 21:37:23 »
after see and think it again and again, ok im in!~
seems it will be my first SA set :)

wait i got a question i seen on web

"Please note that the numpad is now in Ivory, and not in Brown"

i dont understand that. numpad will be different from thesiscamper render?
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 December 2016, 01:12:36 by gadzkun »

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 01:37:46 »
Briefly considered the idea of buying up any remaining ISO kits to hit the MOQ, but I don't have $650 to do that. Joining anyway (just in case) once I'm on my own PC after work.

So sad seeing this dream set slip away.
Now ordered jankly on mobile, since I'm a forgetful bastard.

Offline Hiroyuki

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 13 December 2016, 06:05:15 »
Signed up for the Alphas, TKL, numpad and non-standard =)
Can't wait  ;D

Just wish i could get four blank R1s too... although it seems like that dream won't come true...