Author Topic: [GB] SA 1965 (Complete)  (Read 172486 times)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [GB] SA 1965
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 18:53:52 »
Hi everyone.

Just a quick update: We're still waiting for SP, but we should hear word soon as it is coming up to the end of September
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 19:40:33 »
Hi everyone.

Just a quick update: We're still waiting for SP, but we should hear word soon as it is coming up to the end of September

Thanks for the update. Hope you're holding up well. There has been alot of ****posts directed towards you lately. Buncha trolls.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 19:57:31 »
Just wanted to give a shoutout to Thesiscamper for taking care of the finalizing of the art for the 1965 and finalizing the colors and such.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 00:33:14 »
getting very excited to see these caps here, but, I hope all is going smoothly on your end @jchan94.  :thumb:

Offline t-g-l-h-

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 09:22:08 »
yeah hopefully since dasher dancer is out, this one is next.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 09:24:28 »
yeah hopefully since dasher dancer is out, this one is next.

7bit's Round 6 Phase 2 is running right now, probs right after that. I think 2nd-3rd week of Oct was the last ETA

Offline djfunh8r

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:34:36 »
So bummed I missed this.  Hopefully it gets produced soon.

Offline AndyPock

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 20:59:05 »
So bummed I missed this.  Hopefully it gets produced soon.

I will be selling mine as I now type dvorak and there was no kit for it. So if you're after alphas, tkl, and novelties, let me know.

Offline sysfury

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 06:38:20 »
Anyone else want to get rid of theirs once they are made, I'm interested in Alpha, TKL and Nonstandard kits.

Offline AndyPock

« Reply #209 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 21:08:00 »
Hi all.

So I probably shouldn't have said anything here, as a lot of people have been asking me about the kits and what I plan on doing with them.

Short answer:
I don't really know.

Long answer:
When the set arrives, the first thing I intend on doing is posting to /mechmarket looking to trade for a Dasher set with Dvorak. I predict this to be extremely unlikely to actually be successful, and should it not be, I will then sell the kits as a full set. This is because I have already received requests for it, so it will just be easier for me to do it that way.

As for price, I have no idea. In past transactions on /mechmarket, I have always charged what I paid for a particular item be it new or from a trade, and in some cases given things away for free. However, I have never dealt with a brand new SA set that I have personally waited +10 months to receive. This is unknown territory for me and I haven't figured out how I'm going to approach it.
Obviously on a moral level, I want to charge what I paid. But on the other hand if other sellers establish a price that appears to be agreed upon by the buying community, do I have a right to do the same?

Please feel free to offer words of advice, as I am quite stuck. I don't want to blatantly profit off of jchan's work, but if this set does indeed hold a higher market value, am I then disadvantaging myself by not doing the same? Or am I still just an a-hole for doing it?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 00:51:27 »
Hi all.

So I probably shouldn't have said anything here, as a lot of people have been asking me about the kits and what I plan on doing with them.

Short answer:
I don't really know.

Long answer:
When the set arrives, the first thing I intend on doing is posting to /mechmarket looking to trade for a Dasher set with Dvorak. I predict this to be extremely unlikely to actually be successful, and should it not be, I will then sell the kits as a full set. This is because I have already received requests for it, so it will just be easier for me to do it that way.

As for price, I have no idea. In past transactions on /mechmarket, I have always charged what I paid for a particular item be it new or from a trade, and in some cases given things away for free. However, I have never dealt with a brand new SA set that I have personally waited +10 months to receive. This is unknown territory for me and I haven't figured out how I'm going to approach it.
Obviously on a moral level, I want to charge what I paid. But on the other hand if other sellers establish a price that appears to be agreed upon by the buying community, do I have a right to do the same?

Please feel free to offer words of advice, as I am quite stuck. I don't want to blatantly profit off of jchan's work, but if this set does indeed hold a higher market value, am I then disadvantaging myself by not doing the same? Or am I still just an a-hole for doing it?

I say charge what other people are willing to pay for. On that note, I believe jchan has extras so if you're looking to sell them quickly you'll have to match his retail price, at least until his stocks run out. I don't think morals should be a great concern, when we're talking about people buying plastic they don't really need.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 01 October 2017, 03:13:14 »
Hi all.

Short answer:
I don't really know.

Long answer:

I say charge what other people are willing to pay for. On that note, I believe jchan has extras so if you're looking to sell them quickly you'll have to match his retail price, at least until his stocks run out. I don't think morals should be a great concern, when we're talking about people buying plastic they don't really need.

Agreed, this set is being produced on demand. You helped more of it to exist, charge whatever you are comfortable with. Buying something that was limited in available numbers (e.g. Artisans or limited keebs) to flip is what I believe most people despise, but not buying and reselling unlimited keysets.

Offline Myk!

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:31:49 »
Few more days left.

Offline dizastrophe

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 20:50:26 »
I am so pumped for this!

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #214 on: Mon, 02 October 2017, 22:30:12 »
Activate Hype!

Offline _cramil

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 21:30:10 »
Must say I'm pretty hyped for this!

Offline bkw1209

« Reply #216 on: Sat, 14 October 2017, 11:25:55 »
Anybody update?

Offline Undone

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 11:34:46 »
👀
DS3 TKL | Pok3r | Atreus

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:10:40 »
SA 1965 has been shipped out from SP last week

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 16:06:22 »
I got the tracking - should arrive soon via UPS. Should be this week!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #220 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 17:19:55 »
Surprise!

It arrived.

Looks amazing. Photos later this week.

Offline Woovie

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 17:55:04 »
Thanks for the update  :thumb:

Offline AuDiTH

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 18:11:45 »
Can't wait to check them out! :D

SSK | AEK64 | TX-CP | HHKB | Acrylic Pearl | Duck Orion V3 | LZ MP | Kyuu Sakura
Currently joined GBs:
GMK British Racing Green
GMK ThinkCaps
SA 8010

Offline m1raz

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 18:55:39 »
The wait is going to be over! Thank you jchan for keeping us all updated!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 October 2017, 20:48:50 by Miraclez »

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #224 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 19:49:12 »
Seeing jchan's urgent email come in today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiO4y0soaLU

Offline _cramil

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 22:44:36 »
Surprise!

It arrived.

Looks amazing. Photos later this week.

Awesome news!!!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 00:26:40 »
Alright jchan!!!  ;)  :thumb:  :p

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:26:01 »
Here are the photos. I took a few more, but these BEST REPRESENT the colors of the set.

Now, I want to make sure there is little - no confusion on the colors of the set because I understand 1st impressions.

Originally, the set was rendered out as a "red" accent, but after much talks with Thesiscamper, we agreed that the color was misrepresented in the original renders, and the orange-red is more accurate to the original inspiration in which this set was drawn from.

Lastly, here are my personal notes about the set. The alphas are a beautiful yellow, and match amazingly with the dark brown mods. The Orange, while I personally wish was a tad more red, is beautiful and accents the set surprisingly well.

And one last note: you will receive an email with your unique tracking from no-reply@keyclack.com ; this email is NOT monitored. So please do not reply to it.

Shipping commences next week as it was a little unexpected for this to arrive.

Here are the well-anticipated photos.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:27:24 »
Here are the photos. I took a few more, but these BEST REPRESENT the colors of the set.

Now, I want to make sure there is little - no confusion on the colors of the set because I understand 1st impressions.

Originally, the set was rendered out as a "red" accent, but after much talks with Thesiscamper, we agreed that the color was misrepresented in the original renders, and the orange-red is more accurate to the original inspiration in which this set was drawn from.

Lastly, here are my personal notes about the set. The alphas are a beautiful yellow, and match amazingly with the dark brown mods. The Orange, while I personally wish was a tad more red, is beautiful and accents the set surprisingly well.

And one last note: you will receive an email with your unique tracking from no-reply@keyclack.com ; this email is NOT monitored. So please do not reply to it.

Show Image

Show Image

GOOD GOD  :cool: :eek: :p ;D

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:38:15 »
An Update email has been sent out to everyone including photos,

cheers.

Again:

Shipping commences next week.

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:48:41 »

Shipping commences next week as it was a little unexpected for this to arrive.

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you so much for this long awaited update. Indeed a beautiful set even with these orange mods.  :thumb:

Offline Woovie

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 19:51:38 »
Oh my sweet baby jesus those are beautiful. I need to now get them on aboard just as pretty.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #232 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 20:44:07 »
Thanks for the update, JChan.

I share your wish that the orange were a tad more red. The renders had a specific hue that really reminded me of my grandpa (I'm not sure exactly why, maybe his old stuff). It looks really good nonetheless, and I look forward to it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 21:16:58 »
Like yellowed ivory, glorious.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #235 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 23:09:02 »
Am I the only one not happy about this?

That ivory is spot on, the brown is spot on, they look really nice. Not too thrilled with the orange though, pretty disappointing actually and it kinda kills the set for me. I much preferred the original reddish color from the original renders, but I was ok with the change to 166-C, but that doesn't even look to match Pantone 166-C, I mean that's like Reese's orange. Were there no samples for approval before final production? I've been so excited for this set and now I'm just kinda sad and irritated.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 18 October 2017, 23:56:28 »

That ivory is spot on, the brown is spot on, they look really nice. Not too thrilled with the orange though, pretty disappointing actually and it kinda kills the set for me. I much preferred the original reddish color from the original renders, but I was ok with the change to 166-C, but that doesn't even look to match Pantone 166-C, I mean that's like Reese's orange. Were there no samples for approval before final production? I've been so excited for this set and now I'm just kinda sad and irritated.

maybe my monitors are calibrated wrong, but that looks like a pretty close match to 166c

also consider the color grading of jchan's photo isn't perfect, you won't know what it looks like until it shows up to you
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 00:16:41 »

It is 166-C, and I approved the samples myself. I decided, with jchan, to follow the reference album image colors I initially based the set on.

This is what I decided the set will look like, it is unfortunate that you disagree but I made the best choice for what I wanted the set to be, and we informed everyone of the changes.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Hiroyuki

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 00:42:25 »
It's kinda hard to give a fair representation of colors on computer monitors without a proper calibration workflow - It looks better on my calibrated computer monitors than on my phone, although i also wish they were slightly more redish brown, rather than orange. Hopefully I'll love the colors when I get my hands on the set, looking forward! :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 03:55:11 »
Forgot to mention:

I have had this gem since last December. One lucky winner from the Keyclack GB will be getting it.

And just looking at the box cover, it looks like the orange matches.

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 04:05:11 »
Forgot to mention:

I have had this gem since last December. One lucky winner from the Keyclack GB will be getting it.

And just looking at the box cover, it looks like the orange matches.

Show Image

Holy...

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 05:49:52 »

On my color calibrated Eizo monitor it looks pretty close to 166C

180479-0

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 07:49:11 »

It is 166-C, and I approved the samples myself. I decided, with jchan, to follow the reference album image colors I initially based the set on.

This is what I decided the set will look like, it is unfortunate that you disagree but I made the best choice for what I wanted the set to be, and we informed everyone of the changes.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

First, let me apologize. I'm sorry, I should not have questioned whether or not there was approval of samples prior to final production, and was not questioning your vision of what the set should or should not look like. I had a bad day yesterday and should have just kept my mouth shut. Thank you for the clarification on the samples. I know everyone was informed of the change, and I appreciate that, some group buys would not have done that.

I'll eat my words and wait for when the set arrives and I can see it in person.

I do want to say thank you to you and jchan for running a great group buy. Overall the buy has been a pleasurable and well communicated process.

maybe my monitors are calibrated wrong, but that looks like a pretty close match to 166c

also consider the color grading of jchan's photo isn't perfect, you won't know what it looks like until it shows up to you

On my color calibrated Eizo monitor it looks pretty close to 166C

(Attachment Link)

Well apparently it's my monitors that need to be recalibrated or replaced, because they look much closer in that picture. I also started to look at different images of the album used for reference, as well as my own copies, and have noticed a large variance in the colors used in the actual album cover that inspired the set (though this doesn't surprise me and was quite common in older albums that were printed and pressed in multiple locations). Maybe it is a combination of the color grading and lighting in the photo, my monitor needing to be recalibrated, and differences in the many printings of the album cover used as reference that led to my misunderstanding. Regardless, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from here on and just wait to see it in person.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #243 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:06:20 »
First, let me apologize. I'm sorry, I should not have questioned whether or not there was approval of samples prior to final production, and was not questioning your vision of what the set should or should not look like. I had a bad day yesterday and should have just kept my mouth shut. Thank you for the clarification on the samples. I know everyone was informed of the change, and I appreciate that, some group buys would not have done that.

I'll eat my words and wait for when the set arrives and I can see it in person.

I do want to say thank you to you and jchan for running a great group buy. Overall the buy has been a pleasurable and well communicated process.

It's totally understandable especially when it comes to custom colors discussed online. I must admit some of my earlier renders were more red, but as I looked at my reference album image more and more I came to appreciate the "aged" look of the copper/orange color more, and felt it was a better choice.

Another thing to consider is the lighting in my 3D scenes and jchan's photos, most of my renders have one bright light source that casts more shadows and has more contrast, compared to the latest photos that had a more balanced lighting setup. The sample color chip I am holding actually looks a bit darker than the caps in jchan's photos (seen from a Dell IPS monitor). It can be because of the lighting, or my uncalibrated monitor at home and work, or the way I perceive colors.. or maybe all those things.

I hope you change your mind when you receive the set.  :thumb:

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #244 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:22:07 »
Having looked at the colors and seen the differences, I feel a little differently than I did last night. I'm sure it will look great when it arrives. Thank you for all the work you've put into making such a nice set.

we've added 2 keys to the TKL set. 1x Brown Return + 1x Brown ESC.

Also, did this addition actually happen?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 08:52:49 »

Yep, brown esc added to base and brown return added to TKL kit.

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #246 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 09:00:54 »

Yep, brown esc added to base and brown return added to TKL kit.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 14:47:18 »
I shall take a photo of the Pantone next to the keycap today so everyone can see :).

Offline jrfhoutx

« Reply #248 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 17:45:37 »
I shall take a photo of the Pantone next to the keycap today so everyone can see :).

Thanks. I'm cool now though, lol. Now I'm just excited to get my hands on it after all this time. Again, thanks for making this a great group buy experience, jchan! Hope things are better for you and yours.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:02:22 »
Here's the color chip beside the Pantone swatch.

The color sample is actually closer to the colors in my monitor, than this next photo suggests. The flash affected the chip, but I'm adding this photo as another comparison.

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 October 2017, 20:20:31 by thesiscamper »