Author Topic: [GB] Master Control Rebirth  (Read 100757 times)

Offline schoolbus

Re: [GB] Master Control Rebirth
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 21:34:28 »
It's sad getting updates on this thread.

I'm thankful I asked for a refund when he first offered because I realized I had too many keysets. Boy did I dodge a bullet.

He's really been MIA for a while now and it's becoming rather concerning especially how he's launched other products. Was contemplating getting BKE domes but I think I'm gonna steer clear for now unless he starts resolving his outstanding customer commitment issues.

I know he's had personal issues which is very unfortunate but it becomes a little inexcusable when you start launching other things also.

I'm normally forgiving and understanding but this is becoming pathetic.

Totally agree with you. Really disappointed in what's been going on lately and surprised that the community overall does not seem to care. After my experience with mc rebirth and later getting shipped a broken artisan (protected by nothing but very thinly padded envelope) I'm probably going to be staying away from Keyclack for good.

Yeah, keyclack's reputation is arguably below garbage at this point. He was thrown a softball to become the hero of this community but others have rightfully taken his place. I truly have sympathy for his family issues, it's horrible... but he's clearly screwing his customers over while launching new products so sympathy becomes harder to have.

Sorry Jchan, but if you truly cared about your customers you'd address all of your outstanding orders and not send newsletters about your new products. You can't have your cake, and eat it too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 January 2018, 21:37:00 by schoolbus »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:35:16 »
It's sad getting updates on this thread.

I'm thankful I asked for a refund when he first offered because I realized I had too many keysets. Boy did I dodge a bullet.

He's really been MIA for a while now and it's becoming rather concerning especially how he's launched other products. Was contemplating getting BKE domes but I think I'm gonna steer clear for now unless he starts resolving his outstanding customer commitment issues.

I know he's had personal issues which is very unfortunate but it becomes a little inexcusable when you start launching other things also.

I'm normally forgiving and understanding but this is becoming pathetic.

Totally agree with you. Really disappointed in what's been going on lately and surprised that the community overall does not seem to care. After my experience with mc rebirth and later getting shipped a broken artisan (protected by nothing but very thinly padded envelope) I'm probably going to be staying away from Keyclack for good.

Yeah, keyclack's reputation is arguably below garbage at this point. He was thrown a softball to become the hero of this community but others have rightfully taken his place. I truly have sympathy for his family issues, it's horrible... but he's clearly screwing his customers over while launching new products so sympathy becomes harder to have.

Sorry Jchan, but if you truly cared about your customers you'd address all of your outstanding orders and not send newsletters about your new products. You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

Yup this is exactly how I feel.. anyways we can't do much if he's choosing to ignore us. It is sad how the community has just completely ignored this, but I guess none of that is in our control.

Offline dohmain

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:58:20 »
Yup this is exactly how I feel.. anyways we can't do much if he's choosing to ignore us. It is sad how the community has just completely ignored this, but I guess none of that is in our control.

The community ignores this because, imo, most people have the "as long as I got mine" attitude.

People that have been burnt and are full of complaints all of a sudden start giving praise once they have their order in their hand. People that have not been part of these buys, but spectate on the sidelines, still go and support the business when a new product is launched because, where else are they gonna get it?

Yeah, the mk community is filled with friendly people, but the reality is at the end of the day everyone is pretty much out for themselves.

People talk about vendors doing great things for the community by creating products we wouldn't otherwise have. But are the cool products really the thing that makes a "great community". A community is comprised of people, not products.

It's true, the MK community is filled with so many kind and understanding people. In fact, most people are so kind and understanding that they just bend over backwards. So much so that we lower the bar for what is expected of them.

Whenever a GB goes wrong people always shout "CAVEAT EMPTOR" and throws all the responsibility on the buyer. What about CAVEAT VENDITOR?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:15:52 »
For what it's worth, I think this is extremely disappointing of jchan. I was going to purchase from him, but he's shown his lack of care as a person. It isn't anything to do with his personal life, as he has time to dedicate towards other products.

The community will carry on supporting him after this mess (along with his other projects going wrong), and just turn a blind eye. He knows this, so carries on his poor behaviour.

Offline ChooChooDebut

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 03:34:38 »
Email sent about lack of updates 40 days ago, no response, no update, no notion of any refund. What gives?

Offline MentholMoose

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 02:18:20 »
Email sent about lack of updates 40 days ago, no response, no update, no notion of any refund. What gives?
Same here, I sent an email 3 weeks ago and another one 1 week ago.  No response yet.  :(
MentholMoose

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 21:33:23 »
Sent out an email to everyone, cheers.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 17:13:25 »

When will these start shipping?

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 18:41:43 »

Offline mll8394

• I regret joining this hobby :/
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 23:11:45 »

Same question here. No response from him again after he sent the email.
"Converting Oxygen into CO2 24/7"

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 23 February 2018, 00:49:33 »

Same question here. No response from him again after he sent the email.

Damn :-\ And he felt the need to DM an insult after bringing this to his attention too!

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 13:31:23 »
For what it's worth, I think this is extremely disappointing of jchan. I was going to purchase from him, but he's shown his lack of care as a person. It isn't anything to do with his personal life, as he has time to dedicate towards other products.

The community will carry on supporting him after this mess (along with his other projects going wrong), and just turn a blind eye. He knows this, so carries on his poor behaviour.

Considering the amount of heat you got from the community (me included) for some of the stuff with the X60 GB I'd imagine seeing Jchan get away with this stuff must be frustrating.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 13:35:17 »

Considering the amount of heat you got from the community (me included) for some of the stuff with the X60 GB I'd imagine seeing Jchan get away with this stuff must be frustrating.

Not frustrating, just disappointing (sound like a parent :))). Different scenarios though.

Lots of lessons to be learnt from X60, but with Jchan doing this, the only lesson to be learnt is how to not neglect projects/customers.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 02 March 2018, 13:51:25 »

Not frustrating, just disappointing (sound like a parent :))). Different scenarios though.

Lots of lessons to be learnt from X60, but with Jchan doing this, the only lesson to be learnt is how to not neglect projects/customers.

Annoying thing is though, as you alluded to previously, unless you are one of the very few involved, nobody cares. Also as it is still such a niche hobby with relative monopolies in terms of some products, it doesn't stop people buying in the future. I'd rather not buy from keyclack again (which is a shame as I have bought a lot of good stuff from there) but I'm probably still going to because he has some things that nobody else does =S. It's funny how things that have been paid for are given zero attention yet he is extremely prompt at replying to and promoting whatever his latest new product is.

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:14:44 »

Annoying thing is though, as you alluded to previously, unless you are one of the very few involved, nobody cares. Also as it is still such a niche hobby with relative monopolies in terms of some products, it doesn't stop people buying in the future. I'd rather not buy from keyclack again (which is a shame as I have bought a lot of good stuff from there) but I'm probably still going to because he has some things that nobody else does =S. It's funny how things that have been paid for are given zero attention yet he is extremely prompt at replying to and promoting whatever his latest new product is.

Yup. Sad to say but I'm gonna probably source my stuff from other vendors whenever possible. jchan any update to when you're going to be mailing us what we paid for?

Offline mll8394

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 10:57:45 »
Still no updates for the refunds?

Must be nice that the more recent group buys are getting fulfilled/prioritized first while this one is just here being ignored and left to rot away.

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 12:14:54 »

Must be nice that the more recent group buys are getting fulfilled/prioritized first while this one is just here being ignored and left to rot away.

I don't think we're ever going to get what jchan promised us in the last email. It's clear that his priorities aren't here. He obviously has the time considering all the new GBs and artisans he's been pushing. I think that email was an attempt to save face and nothing more.

Offline t8c

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 25 March 2018, 07:13:16 »
Jchan speak up. I have gotten zero responses on my recent emails.

Offline mll8394

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 03:39:26 »

I don't think we're ever going to get what jchan promised us in the last email. It's clear that his priorities aren't here. He obviously has the time considering all the new GBs and artisans he's been pushing. I think that email was an attempt to save face and nothing more.

Jchan speak up. I have gotten zero responses on my recent emails.

Messaged him on instagram and he's very active there. Tried asking about the new stuff he sells and he is quick to reply but when I started mentioning this group buy or the refund, he didn't even consider reading my messages anymore. Try PM'ing him on instagram and there's a better chance he might respond there than e-mails.

Offline t8c

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:43:53 »
I want an update on my requested refund.

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:50:40 »

Update just in: Once he has your money, he doesn't give a ****.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 16:53:52 »

Update just in: Once he has your money, he doesn't give a ****.

Yup, basically.

Jchan/Keyclack is easily the worst keyboard vendor in North America at the moment. If we don't get our money back by the end of this month, I know at least a few makers and content creators who will be glad to post on /r/mk, YouTube, and Twitch about why Keyclack doesn't deserve anyone's money moving forward. 

My M65-A order took a year and 13 days to be fulfilled. I even found out that Jchan was intentionally withholding my order because I asked for updates and accountability in the GH thread for the M65-A.

Hell, he still owes me replacement keys/kits for my XDA Milestone order.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:17:30 »
https://imgur.com/a/EtEC7

Because jchan94 has blocked private messages from me, I will post my request to Keyclack here instead:

Hello, Jchan! I hope this PM finds you well.

I am writing to ask for updates regarding the Master Control Rebirth GB that I joined over a year ago.

I understand the GB has been officially classified as "failed" from the email you sent us exactly two months ago (Feb 3, 2018), to which there has been no follow-up since. Unfortunately, I am not interested in any of the artisans you proposed as remuneration in the email.

Below is my order number and I would like a refund for the $192 I paid to Keyclack on Jan 6, 2017.

Order #4686

---

Also, I still need replacements for the missing XDA Milestone keys I described in a handful of emails dating back to May 25, 2017. Below is the order number and a list of the keys that need replacing:

Order #4249

1. Alphas - Force Awakens

Missing: Homing/Deep Dish "F" 
Missing : Homing/Deep Dish "J"

2. Alphas - Sakura
Missing: Homing/Deep Dish "J" (Extra: Regular/non-scooped J)

3. Function
Missing: F9 (Extra F6)

If you currently have no way to acquire these keys from the manufacturer, then I would like to return these still unused kits for a refund (I will pay for shipping).

---

If you would prefer to never hear from me again, you can go ahead and refund me for my Solarized Dark order too. Because the order/invoice number is nowhere to be found in my email inbox and on the Keyclack website, below is a list of the items I purchased on July 11, 2017:

Solarized Dark Base Kit
$135.00   1   $135.00
Solarized Dark Spacebar Kit
$18.00   1   $18.00
Solarized Dark Modifier Kit
$55.00   1   $55.00
Subtotal   $208.00
Shipping   $10.11
Total   $218.11

(If you have trouble locating my order, I can provide a screenshot of my order details to accelerate the process)

---

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Best regards, 
Anthony Ooi
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:21:09 by anthonyooiszewen »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:22:24 »
He blocked your messages or all of them?

Either way, it's ****ing low.

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:28:08 »
To be fair he has had all PMs on GH blocked for ages, since before he turned shady.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 17:50:56 »
To be fair he has had all PMs on GH blocked for ages, since before he turned shady.

yeah, that's not new.

he's had PM's turned off for at least a year and a half
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline t8c

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 07:13:45 »
Several emails later, no response. First IMSTO then him. Hopefully the hammer cherry profile buy will run better.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:19:51 »
Hi,

I'll be processing your MC Rebirth emails next week. I'll be processing them all manually, sending you each (50 people), individual emails, about what your preferred resolution is, and if it's been changed since the last correspondance that I have in email.

You can expect the timeline:

4-20 All Emails Sent out
4-30 All Refunds/Sets Shipped ; Some kits will be missing, and we'll need a finalized resolution before we ship those. We'll have a list of which kits we can ship to you, in the email by 4-20

Offline wongie

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:13:13 »
Thanks for the update jchan

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 13:11:42 »
Heard it all before, many times unfortunately. If you genuinely plan on doing this and it does happen then I appreciate it. There is a point whereby one has to realise that the patience and understanding nature of people has been taken advantage of and we are being treated as fools. This has long passed and after the repeated and blatant lies we have been fed, you'll have to forgive me for not believing in empty promises until I have the evidence in front of my eyes.

TL;DR: I'll believe it when I see it

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 15:55:58 »
Heard it all before, many times unfortunately. If you genuinely plan on doing this and it does happen then I appreciate it. There is a point whereby one has to realise that the patience and understanding nature of people has been taken advantage of and we are being treated as fools. This has long passed and after the repeated and blatant lies we have been fed, you'll have to forgive me for not believing in empty promises until I have the evidence in front of my eyes.

Same here.

Can't be bothered to have any more frivolous, months-long email correspondences. I just want a refund of everything I have pending with Keyclack so I don't have to deal with them ever again.

Offline t8c

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 12:21:41 »

Same here.

Can't be bothered to have any more frivolous, months-long email correspondences. I just want a refund of everything I have pending with Keyclack so I don't have to deal with them ever again.
1 day left. Holding my breath.

Offline anthonyooiszewen

« Reply #132 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 17:47:12 »
According to Google it is now:

3:44 PM
Saturday, April 21, 2018 (PDT)
Time in California

I have not received any email from Jchan, who said all emails will be sent out by 4/20/2018.

Of course, the man fails to meet another one of his own deadlines. What else is new?

Edit: After discussing with many others in the hobby, I have decided the next best step is to post my inquiry on /r/mechanicalkeyboards so that Jchan94 has another opportunity to respond. Thanks, Keyclack.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8dze4q/open_letter_to_jchan94_and_keyclack_its_been_over/
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 April 2018, 18:16:19 by anthonyooiszewen »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 19:09:39 »
According to Google it is now:

3:44 PM
Saturday, April 21, 2018 (PDT)
Time in California

I have not received any email from Jchan, who said all emails will be sent out by 4/20/2018.

Of course, the man fails to meet another one of his own deadlines. What else is new?

Edit: After discussing with many others in the hobby, I have decided the next best step is to post my inquiry on /r/mechanicalkeyboards so that Jchan94 has another opportunity to respond. Thanks, Keyclack.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8dze4q/open_letter_to_jchan94_and_keyclack_its_been_over/

Hi,

I'm currently still processing everything. cheers

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #134 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 20:23:11 »
A form has been sent out to the participants, and resolution selected will be finished by around 4/30, cheers, have a good weekend everyone.

If you didn't get the email, the form is here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V1qCoSGQfn7y-F895gMot6U7E69DqTBgDAFuVaROZEI/edit

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 00:25:25 »
I'll be rebumping the email on Tuesday & Friday this week. If you've already filled out the form, don't mind it. We're missing about 20 responses, so that's the reason for the bumps.

Cheers

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:01:57 »
I'm currently working on the refunds.

The sets should ship by end of the week.

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:05:37 »

Hi Jchan, I didn't fill in the form as I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask before I decided which option to go for. I sent an email to support@keyclack.com but unfortunately I haven't received a response yet? Should I resend it or send it to yourself? Thanks

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:17:24 »

Hi Jchan, I didn't fill in the form as I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask before I decided which option to go for. I sent an email to support@keyclack.com but unfortunately I haven't received a response yet? Should I resend it or send it to yourself? Thanks

Ah I was actually replying to your email right now. Expect a response in like 3 minutes or so and we can chat there :)

« Reply #139 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 16:19:18 »

Ah I was actually replying to your email right now. Expect a response in like 3 minutes or so and we can chat there :)

Oh that's great, thanks  :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:36:26 »
refunds set

sets are currently being sorted, and finalized right now.

should have them out on friday.

« Reply #141 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 17:38:45 »
refunds set

sets are currently being sorted, and finalized right now.

should have them out on friday.

Received, many thanks 

Offline mll8394

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 03:44:02 »
Received mine aswell. Thanks Jchan.  :thumb:

Offline t8c

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 03 May 2018, 12:52:06 »
Got my refund. Thanks!

Offline acridAxid

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 13:51:26 »
Any update on shipping?  I haven't seen any email from Keyclack since the resolution form went out.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 16:02:10 »
Any update on shipping?  I haven't seen any email from Keyclack since the resolution form went out.

I'm finalizing the shipping right now. You sohuld get a tracking email tomorrow, or the day after.

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 16:15:41 »

I'm finalizing the shipping right now. You sohuld get a tracking email tomorrow, or the day after.

Has anybody received a shipping confirmation? This is getting ridiculous.

Offline Docter Kille

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 01:25:20 »

Has anybody received a shipping confirmation? This is getting ridiculous.

Still waiting for the email. Thought we'd get them by now :l

Offline acridAxid

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 01:48:37 »
Update?

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 12:47:33 »
Update?