Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 858469 times)

Offline I Got Keyed

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:50:53 »
Hey folks, just made an account, very new here. I absolutely love the look of this keyboard, it is beyond beautiful—it's gorgeous. I'm looking to buy my first MK, which is why I'm here at Geekhack, but I'm totally new to group buys like this. In short, I need some help.

I've purchased from Mass Drop before, but I've read here that the Geekhack group buys are much better (in terms of quality and options). If I want to buy this keyboard, what do I need to do? I looked at the form, but I'll be honest, I didn't understand a lot of the language used there. "Is your body ready?" seems like a metaphysical question lol.

I am a Mac user, and don't have a PC. Would the M65-A work on Mac? (I want to be able to program my board). Before I buy, do I get to choose my switches? (I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere). What's this business about weight? Are all prices in USD?

Sorry for all the Noob questions folks. I just don't want to make a rash decision based on some pretty pictures (they are extremely pretty).

Cheers!

Hey there, welcome! Will try and answer a few questions.. might not cover them all..

Indeed it is a beautiful keyboard! You can use it on mac, im not sure about the programming part, someone else with more knowledge might be able to help in that respect. Shouldn't be any reason you couldn't use it with a mac though!

The form has some unique questions, which are just JChans coolness showing through his questionnaire. There has been a TON of hype around the board, so he's just checking to make sure we can handle the awesomeness... Good guy Jchan.

As for the group buy experience, there is always a risk of delays, however i have had nothing but good experiences thus far with Jchan/keyclack. He works hard to get things out on time, seems like the manufacturer for this is on-point as well..

Prices are in USD, weight is listed because this is a hefty keyboard. Most higher-end boards use denser materials (brass) to add some weight to the board, this board in particular has a brass weight on the bottom, and option of a heavier, and more rigid brass plate.

For this kit in particular, you will need to supply your own switches and keycaps -I believe you will need stabilizers as well. Although i read something somewhere about GMK stabilizers.. Anyways, hope this helps. The buy was a 'raffle' type of buy, but is now 'open' group buy meaning anyone can submit a form and will get a keyboard.

Thanks for this BAS1C and Jchan! (I have followed the Facebook page).

I'm glad I asked, because I don't think I'm ready to provide my own switches etc. Maybe for my second board I'll consider getting into the building/soldering side of MKs. At this stage I'm just looking to buy a high quality out of the box back lit MK that's fully programable on Mac. (Also wanting to do custom keys in the future too).

I've received a tonne of good advice from /r/Mk, but now I'm even more conscious that I need to make the "right choice"—if such a choice truly does exist—instead of just jumping at attractive options. Was looking at the TADA68, but originative has sold out, and TaoBao is a nightmare to navigate. Now I feel like I'm back to square one.

Anyways, maybe I'll make a post on Geekhack asking for advice. Where would be the appropriate forum for those kind of questions about purchasing and decision making etc? I'm conscious that this probably not the place to be asking these questions.

My highest recommendation is to get Zealios and then asking someone to build it. I'd ask /u/quakemz. He helped build the first M65-A :) You can ask on reddit itself. I think they're great with buying advice if you give them what options you're weighing.

https://www.reddit.com/user/quakemz

Thanks so much for this jchan! I will PM him to see if he's willing and for how much. Cheers!
Existence precedes essence - Sartre

Offline hervuli

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:52:17 »
So psyched for this! Now that the 200 cap is lifted, will everyone who wants Hydro Blue get one, or is that color still capped at a specific quantity? If so, will folks who wanted it but don't get it have a chance to put in an order for a non-exclusive color?

Hey jchan, just wanted to echo this question from earlier - thanks!
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 20:01:23 »
Sorry I missed it!

Hydro blue is only available for those who got Hydro (at any phase). There is no "cap" on it.

edit:
Oh looks like I got my things redirected.

yay! keyclack subforum
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline lilschmutz

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 21:07:09 »
For those of you who have used a brass plate - is there any noticeable difference between brass and aluminum?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 21:18:11 »
For those of you who have used a brass plate - is there any noticeable difference between brass and aluminum?

I believe it strongly depends on the case design and materials as well.  For instance, if your PCB and plate are bolted to the bottom case, and the case is very rigid, even aluminum plate will feel quite rigid (examples are 60% type cases with drop-in PCBs or Lightsaver).  If your case is like LZ-GH or KMAC where the plate is screwed into the top part of the case and then the PCB/plate are suspended over the bottom, then some plates will be "springier" than others (yield a bit more as you press down).'

I think in this case, if I understand these diagrams correctly:  https://rama.works/#/m65a/
the plate+PCB will be screwed into the top and suspended over the bottom part of the case.  So aluminum will be the most "springy", steel probably the least.  I've read that brass is in-between, but cannot attest to that from experience.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:10:40 »
Anybody know what's going on with the stabilizers? I know they were mentioned a few times during the IC but I'm wondering if I should start sourcing my own. If so, where might one acquire some fine screw-in stabilizers worthy of this magnificent board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:28:09 »
Anybody know what's going on with the stabilizers? I know they were mentioned a few times during the IC but I'm wondering if I should start sourcing my own. If so, where might one acquire some fine screw-in stabilizers worthy of this magnificent board?

We'll provide them (Cherry ones), if we can't get the GMK ones in time.

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:29:51 »

We'll provide them (Cherry ones), if we can't get the GMK ones in time.

Most excellent, thank you!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:11:11 »
When is the form going to close?
keyboards.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 00:49:35 »
When is the form going to close?

Form Closes Jan 11, though QuakeMZ is doing a small review and said he'll post in on 11. We'll extend the buy to Jan 13, and Invoicing is due -> Jan 17.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 10:35:43 »
Sorry I missed it!

Hydro blue is only available for those who got Hydro (at any phase). There is no "cap" on it.

edit:
Oh looks like I got my things redirected.

yay! keyclack subforum
Damn. I guess that I'm not joining this then, I wanted to pair with SA Dasher, or Devlin Skidata. :(

Offline JDragon

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 12:46:05 »
Now that everyone is getting one, are we allowed to order more than one?

Offline fanman888

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 16:43:36 »

If you don't want to settle for the plain cherry ones, ZealPC said R5 of his GB will ship in unison with the M65-A projected ship date. You can get some sexy clear screw-in stabs from him, though they are at a premium cost.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 18:36:12 »
Hi everyone,

I just replied to everyone's PMs and emails regarding this :). Please let me know if there are any other questions and such, or anything that is not clear!

Lastly, I've requested 2x new plates to be made in: Brushed Brass + Polished Brass. We're testing out the polishing to see if it's possible without deformations and such. If not, we'll go with Brushed.

Leandren has shared with me this photo of brushed brass that is used on his FJELL case (btw, make sure to check that out!)

Here is the image from his instagram:

Make sure to follow him on instagram as well! - https://www.instagram.com/p/BOuvDOqBgoO/

Offline eldridge

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 01:02:01 »
If we have already submitted a form, but had a change of heart on color or plate, is there anyway to change? Resubmit?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 03:27:50 »
I've to change my PP email address due to some PP issues, is there a possibility to edit my form?  ;D
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 03:48:38 »
I've to change my PP email address due to some PP issues, is there a possibility to edit my form?  ;D

If we have already submitted a form, but had a change of heart on color or plate, is there anyway to change? Resubmit?
Please email me.

Jchan@keyclack.com. Messages are getting lost in Geekhack pm for me..i can't to which I've responded to aha.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 04:19:27 »
Man, I would be DOWN for brushed. Looks nice.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:49:06 »
Quick question about the color-matched rubber feet: are they getting matched to the bottom?  Or the top?  Because for example if I get a rose gold top + space gray bottom, I think pink rubber feet would be a good combination as an accent to match the top.
And for the large bolts: all one color, ones underneath as well?  (my current order is for all-pink, so I hope all the bolts will be silver in that case).
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:51:19 by Photoelectric »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:54:42 »
Quick question about the color-matched rubber feet: are they getting matched to the bottom?  Or the top?  Because for example if I get a rose gold top + space gray bottom, I think pink rubber feet would be a good combination as an accent to match the top.
And for the large bolts: all one color, ones underneath as well?  (my current order is for all-pink, so I hope all the bolts will be silver in that case).

Hi,

It matches the top piece :). Accents way better.

All bolts are the same color.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:03:17 »
Excellent!  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  In your subjective opinion, since you've seen Space Gray in person I think, would rose gold top + space gray bottom be a poor match?  Can't decide if I should stick with all rose gold or go for a different color for the bottom to make it more interesting (I won't really be seeing the bottom much anyway...)

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:40:36 »
Excellent!  Thanks so much for the quick reply.  In your subjective opinion, since you've seen Space Gray in person I think, would rose gold top + space gray bottom be a poor match?  Can't decide if I should stick with all rose gold or go for a different color for the bottom to make it more interesting (I won't really be seeing the bottom much anyway...)
Why not both?

Completed the form, I can't wait!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 16:43:05 »

Weird! I thought I responded.

I would say that will match poorly, but that's my subjective opinion. I also view it with what keyset you'll put onto it. Not many will match well.

I'd go with a silver bottom to match way better with sets such as Valentine which have lighter overall tone.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:32:48 »
This ever get answered?

Curious, wanting space gray and maybe silver :p

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 19:35:01 »
This ever get answered?

If you submit twice, you'll get an invoice for two.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:00:31 »
This ever get answered?

Oooh :) Any opinions on these combos:

Jukebox SA + Champagne

Valentine SA + Silver

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:10:15 »
This ever get answered?

Jukebox SA + Champagne

Valentine SA + Silver

SA is ****.

1. Why?
2. Colors are nice.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:14:20 »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the tremendous support.

The form closes TONIGHT at midnight PST (in 6 hours of this post).

Invoicing will commence tomorrow. Your order will be outlined with detail and all.

Important notice for International Destination Shipments

Also, for those wondering, I have acquired better business DHL quotes for international. All international (outside of USA) will be DHL only. The price will match that of your USPS charge (so we don't lose these in the mail).

Thanks for helping Keyclack grow. We hope to offer better and better things.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:16:16 by jchan94 »

Offline breckstar

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 20:18:05 »
This ever get answered?

Jukebox SA + Champagne

Valentine SA + Silver

SA is ****.

1. Why?
2. Colors are nice.

1. I've been cursed with the burden of having the feels for SA
2. Think so? Thinking about going all in on this

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 22:16:59 »

Please email me.

Jchan@keyclack.com. Messages are getting lost in Geekhack pm for me..i can't to which I've responded to aha.

Sent you an email, can't wait for the invoice! :D
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline robbles

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 22:17:38 »
I won't have the funds for this gb, but I'm assuming there will be more keyboard collabs with Rama in the future?
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Shiro583

• Send help. O.o
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 22:36:37 »
I won't have the funds for this gb, but I'm assuming there will be more keyboard collabs with Rama in the future?

Yep.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86815.0

It's not through Keyclack, but Rama's been pretty active lately between this, Exent, and his recent M10-A and M4-A runs.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 January 2017, 22:38:37 by Shiro583 »

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #132 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 22:53:50 »
I've been thinking about this for a while now, trying to justify not entering this GB since November. Waited until the last moment but couldn't come up with a reason. Oh well, I'm weak. Rip wallet, hello black M65-A!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 23:06:08 »

Possible Layouts

Show Image

Anyone know if this will support split space with the 2.75u on the right instead of left.

edit: I downloaded the plate and it won't work.  only in the shown configuration.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 00:02:49 by tameone »
keyboards.

Offline dyoungc

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 23:40:51 »
Thanks for providing the GB!
I submitted in time for the close date, but you mentioned earlier that it might be extended to Jan 13, and that a polished brass plate might be an added option.
Is there still time to cancel and reorder with a brass plate? (I chose alum in my first order)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 00:10:42 »
Thanks for providing the GB!
I submitted in time for the close date, but you mentioned earlier that it might be extended to Jan 13, and that a polished brass plate might be an added option.
Is there still time to cancel and reorder with a brass plate? (I chose alum in my first order)

Hey,

If you need an adjustment, please email me -> jchan@keyclack.com

We're closing it 2 hours of writing this post because we should submit our payment to our manufacturer ASAP.

On top of that, invoicing will take a while. Please try to pay immediately. There's a lot of tracking we have to do in order to make this go smoothly.

This is an example of what you will receive via paypal invoicing.

Remember that all kits include by default:

1. Brass Weight
2. The Plate (or upgrade to brass)
3. Screws
4. Rubber Feet

Paypal fees are not stacked because that is against paypal policy. If you are in California, you are subjected to sales tax (unfortunately, sorry).

Offline eldridge

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 00:20:09 »
Please email me.

Just sent an email, thanks!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 00:49:36 »
The choice between rose gold and champagne was killing me :-\

Finally made my choice though and submitted. Thanks for the GB what an exciting keyboard!
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 01:39:30 »

Finally made my choice though and submitted. Thanks for the GB what an exciting keyboard!

What did you choose? Because I'm literally on that same decision with 20 minutes left to submit.  :-\

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:03:14 »

What did you choose? Because I'm literally on that same decision with 20 minutes left to submit.  :-\

I went with Champagne in the end because I think it's gonna go well with more keysets than rose gold. But man I'm already second guessing the decision ha
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 02:10:21 »
Hi everyone. Thanks for joining. Invoicing will commence soon. Please pay immediately as we want to get this order processed ASAP.

Invoices are due: January 17. Our payment will transfer -> January 20th to the manufacturers.

Please remember your invoice will detail what you selected throughout the form.

Also, please keep in mind these weights (approximate). Your invoice for shipping will be for the estimated total to your destination.

ALU6061 Top Piece = 1lb 3oz (0.54kg)
Brass Weight = 7oz (0.20kg)
Nylon Base = 1lb 2oz (0.51kg)
Aluminum Base = 1lbs 13oz (0.82kg)
Alu Plate = 6oz (0.17kg)
Brass Plate = 1lb (0.45kg)
Mousepad = 1lb 10oz (0.74kg)

For example, if you got one of everything, your weight is approximately 7.5lbs (excluding packaging), which will is approximately 1.5lbs including shipping box weight.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 05:11:10 »
Hi everyone,

I just ran through everyones shipping calculations.

If you're on the east coast, looks like it will cost up to $40.00 to ship this.

If you're international, some DHL quotes came out to be $130.00 (like vietnam, and some parts of Australia), but I opted you for USPS Priority International for your package. However, some of you devils have opted for two, so you'll see the charges accordingly.

Otherwise, DHL is less than $78.00 for these packages otherwise (unless you opted for DHL only).

edit

no more changes now. we're going to start invoicing soon.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 06:02:55 by jchan94 »

Offline Theachromatic

• HHKB
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 09:20:56 »
Hi everyone,

I just ran through everyones shipping calculations.

If you're on the east coast, looks like it will cost up to $40.00 to ship this.

If you're international, some DHL quotes came out to be $130.00 (like vietnam, and some parts of Australia), but I opted you for USPS Priority International for your package. However, some of you devils have opted for two, so you'll see the charges accordingly.

Otherwise, DHL is less than $78.00 for these packages otherwise (unless you opted for DHL only).

edit

no more changes now. we're going to start invoicing soon.

Hey, weird question... I joined a few group buys over the past week, and I am not sure wether I entered this one or not. Is it possible to check? I used this GH username.

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #143 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 13:52:10 »
This has got to be the third bonus from work I've tossed straight into some kind of keyboard splurge, and this one didn't even last a day before I found this GB to spend it on.

Guess I won't really miss it! :P

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline maltedsoyamilk

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:44:59 »
How to know who won in the raffle
OTD 356 Mini V1 Black | OTD 356.2 | KMAC Happy | Kmac 2 | TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Matrix v2.0 | TGR-910 SE | Keycult No.1 Alu Silver & Blue | Keycult No.1 Rev 1 Navy | Keycult No.2 Rev 1| Volcano V660|

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:46:16 »

They lifted the raffle, everyone gets in :)

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:46:36 »

Everyone won!

They decided to accept everyone who submitted a form.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:50:05 »
Now let's hear the color breakdown for the order total  ;)  For some reason I feel like Champagne will be the least-ordered color.  Though could be Hydro Blue, because of the GB restriction.  I think Space Gray will be at the top.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:51:42 by Photoelectric »

Offline RubenMcNoobin

« Reply #148 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:04:29 »
Now let's hear the color breakdown for the order total  ;)  For some reason I feel like Champagne will be the least-ordered color.  Though could be Hydro Blue, because of the GB restriction.  I think Space Gray will be at the top.

If I wasn't such a sucker for exclusivity and matching my incoming Hydro keyset, I would have DEFINITELY chosen Space Gray over Hydro Blue. There's just something about dark grays I can't get enough of!

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:06:44 by Photoelectric »

Silenced Novatouch           K70 RGB          Magicforce-68

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #149 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:06:55 »

If I wasn't such a sucker for exclusivity and matching my incoming Hydro keyset, I would have DEFINITELY chosen Space Gray over Hydro Blue. There's just something about dark grays I can't get enough of!

I would have done space gray top + hydro blue bottom (or vice versa).