Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 858491 times)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] M65-A (Please approve on Jan 7 Evening).
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 13:38:13 »
What color was the Rama 65 that was at the Seattle meetup?  I couldn't tell if it was grey or silver.

I believe that was Space Gray because that's what Jchan wanted for his prototype.
On second thought, I think I'm wrong. This is the album. Hyperfuse rocking silver, Hack'd w/ Space Gray http://m.imgur.com/Bkggap7?r

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think both of those are gray. They had two prototypes, one from each of two different manufacturers. They were both provided a reference color but the anodization didn't comeback the same (nor did the CNC quality).
keyboards.

Offline kaeeeede

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 14:46:26 »
So is the sandwich case full dead now?

Retail for it soon :). I want to make some adjustments to it before we push it.

Right on, dude. Thanks!

Offline MMKB

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 20:12:12 »
Gonna love the wide bezel. Reminds me of the keyboard of Macintosh 128k. I'm going to stick with arrow-less 60% but wish u a successful GB!

Offline JDragon

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 20:32:16 »
Entered for Rose Gold, hope I'm a lucky winner :)

Happy birthday!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:23:01 »
Thanks for joining everyone. We've decided to fulfill this whole lot in order to get everything out of the way well :).

Our current timeline still stands, and we're looking to push it hard. If anything, it will jump up to an additional +2 weeks. Manufacturing time is our biggest hurdle at this moment, but our manufacturers are well equipped and have shown to be one of the best.

Here's a little story. Shortly after seeing the delay of about 2 weeks on the first M65-A, I grew concerned with working with manufacturer #1. We started a conversation with manufacturer #2, and then they turned the prototype around in about 2 weeks or so, and it only arrived about 2-3 days after Manufacturer #1.

Next thing, we've open sourced the PCB, and the plate should be on there soon.

Please check it out here - https://github.com/Keyclack/M65-A .

BTW, thank you for all the birthday wishes:). It was a great time and I went to my favorite fast food place from my childhood. It's called El Pollo Campero. If you didn't know, my family used to live in Guatemala for a while. I used to have El Pollo Campero as a kid, and it's pretty much what made me love fried chicken. I moved to the USA when I was 4 years old, and on occasion, I go back to El Pollo Campero when I can. It's expensive though! $100 for - 30 pieces + 4 sides + 6 drinks. I still urge you to try it.

Lastly, here's a little teaser of the brass design

« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:24:41 by jchan94 »
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:29:05 »
Thanks for joining everyone. We've decided to fulfill this whole lot in order to get everything out of the way well :).

Our current timeline still stands, and we're looking to push it hard. If anything, it will jump up to an additional +2 weeks. Manufacturing time is our biggest hurdle at this moment, but our manufacturers are well equipped and have shown to be one of the best.

Here's a little story. Shortly after seeing the delay of about 2 weeks on the first M65-A, I grew concerned with working with manufacturer #1. We started a conversation with manufacturer #2, and then they turned the prototype around in about 2 weeks or so, and it only arrived about 2-3 days after Manufacturer #1.

BTW, thank you for all the birthday wishes:). It was a great time and I went to my favorite fast food place from my childhood. It's called El Pollo Campero. If you didn't know, my family used to live in Guatemala for a while. I used to have El Pollo Campero as a kid, and it's pretty much what made me love fried chicken. I moved to the USA when I was 4 years old, and on occasion, I go back to El Pollo Campero when I can. It's expensive though! $100 for - 30 pieces + 4 sides + 6 drinks. I still urge you to try it.

Show Image

never heard of $100 fast food before...
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:31:23 »
haha :) well, it's the best fried chicken ever. The skin is very rich in flavor. And we had leftovers + it fed 7! :)

Try it out if you have a location near you!

Offline wodan

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:33:00 »
Join Here - Everyone will get one.Limited to 200 units w/ Raffle

HELL YEAH!!!

That's how you do it!!!

Is there a way to change my order? If I put in a second order will my first one be replaced?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:33:37 »
Join Here - Everyone will get one.Limited to 200 units w/ Raffle

HELL YEAH!!!

That's how you do it!!!

Is there a way to change my order? If I put in a second order will my first one be replaced?

PM me with your email, and I can delete your entry :).

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:41:42 »
Does this kit come with authentic PCB mount stabilizers as well? Just wondering since your other kits in
the past have.  ;D

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:48:47 »
Does this kit come with authentic PCB mount stabilizers as well? Just wondering since your other kits in
the past have.  ;D

GMK Screw in Stabs or Cherry PCB Mount stabs ?  :D

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:51:38 »
the past have.  ;D

GMK Screw in Stabs or Cherry PCB Mount stabs ?  :D

Do we get to pick? GMK screw in stabs would be amazing! Heck, I'd buy extra stabilizers for future builds if possible! Group buy please! :3

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:52:02 »

Show Image

That weight looks beautiful!

Is there any teaser on what the desk mats will be like?  At least the general color?  I've not asked for it in my order form and have been wondering it that was a mistake... 

Also great news about everyone getting into this round.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 02:25:44 »
I'll talk to GMK about their turnaround for the stabs. If anything, we'll just throw it in the GB for everyone.

The deskmat is almost done ~ if you need a modification, PM me your email that you used for it. Trying to keep modifications to a minimum however. It looks awesome. I'll be getting a few samples made before we go into full production. Production only takes -> 2 weeks to turn around for the mousepads.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 02:28:54 »
I'll talk to GMK about their turnaround for the stabs. If anything, we'll just throw it in the GB for everyone.

The deskmat is almost done ~ if you need a modification, PM me your email that you used for it. Trying to keep modifications to a minimum however. It looks awesome. I'll be getting a few samples made before we go into full production. Production only takes -> 2 weeks to turn around for the mousepads.

Woot! GMK Screw in stabilizers for our JC65's!!

You rock, JChan! Thank you so much!!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 02:36:05 »
Guess I'll have to desolder once the QMK PCB is released :(
I'll enter now :)

Offline pon10

• looking at my keycaps..
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 04:09:20 »

Show Image

THIS ****ING ROCK!!! VIVA LA POLLO!!

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 06:12:11 »
Oops, sorry Mira....
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:02:40 »
Will we get an idea on the deskmat before the form closes? Kind of don't like buying something without knowing what it looks like.

Thanks for letting me resubmit. I'm definitely in. Just debating on getting a deskmat or not.

Offline milchek

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:43:47 »
Nice to see it's no longer a raffle, good stuff  :thumb:

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:51:04 »
its no longer a raffle, should i submit new form or not?  :)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:56:09 »
Kind of torn with the change of heart from a raffle to everyone gets one.  On the one hand I'm happy now me and everyone else that wants one will get one, on the other hand im disappointed since part of the draw for me was the exclusivity of this board and some of the colors in R1
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:57:55 by breusch91 »

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:58:10 »
Kind of torn with the change of heart from a raffle to everyone gets one.  On the one hand I'm happy now me and everyone else that wants one will get one, on the other hand im disappointed since part of the draw for me was the exclusivity of this board

There really wasn't any exclusivity because an unlimited second round was already confirmed to happen a bit after.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:58:43 »
Kind of torn with the change of heart from a raffle to everyone gets one.  On the one hand I'm happy now me and everyone else that wants one will get one, on the other hand im disappointed since part of the draw for me was the exclusivity of this board and some of the colors in R1
There were 200, and a confirmed R2? If that's exclusive to you, then don't look at other custom keyboards :-[

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 07:59:31 »
Kind of torn with the change of heart from a raffle to everyone gets one.  On the one hand I'm happy now me and everyone else that wants one will get one, on the other hand im disappointed since part of the draw for me was the exclusivity of this board

There really wasn't any exclusivity because an unlimited second round was already confirmed to happen a bit after.

Yes but still would've been exclusive for a bit, and it was confirmed not all the colors from R1 would transfer over to R2 therefore some giving exclusive colors to R1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 08:23:58 »

Thanks for the effort, jchan and Rama! Looks just stunning

Offline hervuli

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 08:43:43 »
So psyched for this! Now that the 200 cap is lifted, will everyone who wants Hydro Blue get one, or is that color still capped at a specific quantity? If so, will folks who wanted it but don't get it have a chance to put in an order for a non-exclusive color?
JD40v2 MX Grey | HHKB BKE Heavy | E6-V2 78g Tealios | ZealX60 72g MX Zilent | TGR 910 RE 78g MX Zilent | Singa Vintage MX Black | Octagon V2 MX Grey | Orion V2 MX Clear | Novatouch BKE Extreme

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 09:28:20 »
With the 200 cap lifted, does that mean those of us interested in ordering two might be able to now? Should I PM you about that, or just submit a second order for the additional one?

(And seconding the question about Hydro blue!)

Offline lydiainmint

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:19:12 »
Will there be a way to update shipping information in the future? I will be moving sometime in April.

Offline WillSK

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:20:28 »
I am genuinely beyond gutted that I can't afford one this round.

Here's to hoping we will see a part 2 in the future. What a fantastic looking product this is, can't wait to see people's photos when these start coming in.

Good luck with the GB all!
FILCO MJ2 TKL - Browns

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 10:25:47 »
I am genuinely beyond gutted that I can't afford one this round.

Here's to hoping we will see a part 2 in the future. What a fantastic looking product this is, can't wait to see people's photos when these start coming in.

Good luck with the GB all!

Probably won't be a round 2 now due to the limit being lifted.

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:17:53 »
Wow, I really love that design of this board, well done! Even the rubber feet are great! Not boring round ones. Unfortunately I am absolutely against spending dollars now, but maybe trading... who knows. But fantastic layout!

BTW... are there plans for HHKB case or Realforce cases? Ahem.  :)
... ...

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 11:20:42 »
Is there maybe a possibility that you can use the refunds from 1965 - that in my case didn't happen yet - to directly subtract them from this buy? So there is no PayPal-fee-rip-off?

Just an idea...

Offline _cramil

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 12:28:59 »
Is there maybe a possibility that you can use the refunds from 1965 - that in my case didn't happen yet - to directly subtract them from this buy? So there is no PayPal-fee-rip-off?

Just an idea...

Wondering the same thing? Or at least get the refund back in my PayPal before I get invoiced for this. Really pinching now to try and get this in between pay periods.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:16:47 »
Pardon my ignorance if i've missed it somewhere, but is there a total weight for m65-a nylon base w/ brass weight + brass plate? I'm v. curiosity.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:24:19 »
Pardon my ignorance if i've missed it somewhere, but is there a total weight for m65-a nylon base w/ brass weight + brass plate? I'm v. curiosity.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5iaxut/photos_m65a_aka_ramabae65_album/db6p0p4/

4lbs 1.8oz, so around 1.8 kg

Don't know if that's still accurate but it's what I could find

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 13:31:41 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/5iaxut/photos_m65a_aka_ramabae65_album/db6p0p4/

Cool, sounds about right.. I'd bet the brass plate option adds another lb or two... Thanks!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 15:24:26 »

Cool, sounds about right.. I'd bet the brass plate option adds another lb or two... Thanks!

This should be pretty accurate :).

Also, yes, we removed the 200 cap in order to avoid R2.

Let me know if there are any questions. I realize a lot of people are signing up, and we may turn to -> keyclack.com to organize this a little better.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 16:58:15 »
Let me know if there are any questions.

QMK PCB available when ;D ?

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:04:49 »
Will we get an idea on the deskmat before the form closes? Kind of don't like buying something without knowing what it looks like.

Thanks for letting me resubmit. I'm definitely in. Just debating on getting a deskmat or not.

It's designed by Rama, so it's obviously going to be the best looking pad anyone has ever seen anyway dude.....

Offline breckstar

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:05:40 »

Also, yes, we removed the 200 cap in order to avoid R2.

Let me know if there are any questions. I realize a lot of people are signing up, and we may turn to -> keyclack.com to organize this a little better.

About the previous R2 colors, any possibility to get the theorized burgundy in R1 if there is no cap now? Or, just sticking to the current list with a possible R2, new colors, way way way down the road?

just curious thanks :)

Offline I Got Keyed

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:22:28 »
Hey folks, just made an account, very new here. I absolutely love the look of this keyboard, it is beyond beautiful—it's gorgeous. I'm looking to buy my first MK, which is why I'm here at Geekhack, but I'm totally new to group buys like this. In short, I need some help.

I've purchased from Mass Drop before, but I've read here that the Geekhack group buys are much better (in terms of quality and options). If I want to buy this keyboard, what do I need to do? I looked at the form, but I'll be honest, I didn't understand a lot of the language used there. "Is your body ready?" seems like a metaphysical question lol.

I am a Mac user, and don't have a PC. Would the M65-A work on Mac? (I want to be able to program my board). Before I buy, do I get to choose my switches? (I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere). What's this business about weight? Are all prices in USD?

Sorry for all the Noob questions folks. I just don't want to make a rash decision based on some pretty pictures (they are extremely pretty).

Cheers!
Existence precedes essence - Sartre

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:35:12 »
Hey folks, just made an account, very new here. I absolutely love the look of this keyboard, it is beyond beautiful—it's gorgeous. I'm looking to buy my first MK, which is why I'm here at Geekhack, but I'm totally new to group buys like this. In short, I need some help.

I've purchased from Mass Drop before, but I've read here that the Geekhack group buys are much better (in terms of quality and options). If I want to buy this keyboard, what do I need to do? I looked at the form, but I'll be honest, I didn't understand a lot of the language used there. "Is your body ready?" seems like a metaphysical question lol.

I am a Mac user, and don't have a PC. Would the M65-A work on Mac? (I want to be able to program my board). Before I buy, do I get to choose my switches? (I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere). What's this business about weight? Are all prices in USD?

Sorry for all the Noob questions folks. I just don't want to make a rash decision based on some pretty pictures (they are extremely pretty).

Cheers!

Hey there, welcome! Will try and answer a few questions.. might not cover them all..

Indeed it is a beautiful keyboard! You can use it on mac, im not sure about the programming part, someone else with more knowledge might be able to help in that respect. Shouldn't be any reason you couldn't use it with a mac though!

The form has some unique questions, which are just JChans coolness showing through his questionnaire. There has been a TON of hype around the board, so he's just checking to make sure we can handle the awesomeness... Good guy Jchan.

As for the group buy experience, there is always a risk of delays, however i have had nothing but good experiences thus far with Jchan/keyclack. He works hard to get things out on time, seems like the manufacturer for this is on-point as well..

Prices are in USD, weight is listed because this is a hefty keyboard. Most higher-end boards use denser materials (brass) to add some weight to the board, this board in particular has a brass weight on the bottom, and option of a heavier, and more rigid brass plate.

For this kit in particular, you will need to supply your own switches and keycaps -I believe you will need stabilizers as well. Although i read something somewhere about GMK stabilizers.. Anyways, hope this helps. The buy was a 'raffle' type of buy, but is now 'open' group buy meaning anyone can submit a form and will get a keyboard.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 18:48:57 »
Thanks for answering the questions BAS1C.

I'm talking to GMK about the stabs and seeing if we can get them in time and all. If not, I'll include Cherry PCB stabs :)

Edit:

Here are some files we decided to release -> https://github.com/Keyclack/M65-A
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:04:16 by jchan94 »

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:19:18 »
Forgot to say, but if you don't already do, follow RAMA on Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/ramaworks

He just released a WIP for something :). We'll see where this goes.... the deskmat? the box? What do we do with this?!

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:21:58 »

He just released a WIP for something :). We'll see where this goes.... the deskmat? the box? What do we do with this?!

Show Image

Tissue wrapping paper inside the box, duh. I'll need it to wipe my tears of joy from unboxing.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:23:30 »
Thanks for answering the questions BAS1C.

I'm talking to GMK about the stabs and seeing if we can get them in time and all. If not, I'll include Cherry PCB stabs :)

Edit:

Here are some files we decided to release -> https://github.com/Keyclack/M65-A

This is so rad, thank you so much for open-sourcing the plate and PCB. Great to know we have the means to reproduce them later if we'd like more. Polycarb or carbon fiber plate anyone? :D
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:32:46 »

Show Image

Tissue wrapping paper inside the box, duh. I'll need it to wipe my tears of joy from unboxing.

I think there will be a lot of people wiping away a very different substance......

Offline I Got Keyed

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:38:53 »

Cheers!

Hey there, welcome! Will try and answer a few questions.. might not cover them all..

Indeed it is a beautiful keyboard! You can use it on mac, im not sure about the programming part, someone else with more knowledge might be able to help in that respect. Shouldn't be any reason you couldn't use it with a mac though!

The form has some unique questions, which are just JChans coolness showing through his questionnaire. There has been a TON of hype around the board, so he's just checking to make sure we can handle the awesomeness... Good guy Jchan.

As for the group buy experience, there is always a risk of delays, however i have had nothing but good experiences thus far with Jchan/keyclack. He works hard to get things out on time, seems like the manufacturer for this is on-point as well..

Prices are in USD, weight is listed because this is a hefty keyboard. Most higher-end boards use denser materials (brass) to add some weight to the board, this board in particular has a brass weight on the bottom, and option of a heavier, and more rigid brass plate.

For this kit in particular, you will need to supply your own switches and keycaps -I believe you will need stabilizers as well. Although i read something somewhere about GMK stabilizers.. Anyways, hope this helps. The buy was a 'raffle' type of buy, but is now 'open' group buy meaning anyone can submit a form and will get a keyboard.

Thanks for this BAS1C and Jchan! (I have followed the Facebook page).

I'm glad I asked, because I don't think I'm ready to provide my own switches etc. Maybe for my second board I'll consider getting into the building/soldering side of MKs. At this stage I'm just looking to buy a high quality out of the box back lit MK that's fully programable on Mac. (Also wanting to do custom keys in the future too).

I've received a tonne of good advice from /r/Mk, but now I'm even more conscious that I need to make the "right choice"—if such a choice truly does exist—instead of just jumping at attractive options. Was looking at the TADA68, but originative has sold out, and TaoBao is a nightmare to navigate. Now I feel like I'm back to square one.

Anyways, maybe I'll make a post on Geekhack asking for advice. Where would be the appropriate forum for those kind of questions about purchasing and decision making etc? I'm conscious that this probably not the place to be asking these questions.
Existence precedes essence - Sartre

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 19:43:43 »

Cheers!

Thanks for this BAS1C and Jchan! (I have followed the Facebook page).

I'm glad I asked, because I don't think I'm ready to provide my own switches etc. Maybe for my second board I'll consider getting into the building/soldering side of MKs. At this stage I'm just looking to buy a high quality out of the box back lit MK that's fully programable on Mac. (Also wanting to do custom keys in the future too).

I've received a tonne of good advice from /r/Mk, but now I'm even more conscious that I need to make the "right choice"—if such a choice truly does exist—instead of just jumping at attractive options. Was looking at the TADA68, but originative has sold out, and TaoBao is a nightmare to navigate. Now I feel like I'm back to square one.

Anyways, maybe I'll make a post on Geekhack asking for advice. Where would be the appropriate forum for those kind of questions about purchasing and decision making etc? I'm conscious that this probably not the place to be asking these questions.

My highest recommendation is to get Zealios and then asking someone to build it. I'd ask /u/quakemz. He helped build the first M65-A :) You can ask on reddit itself. I think they're great with buying advice if you give them what options you're weighing.

https://www.reddit.com/user/quakemz