Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion (Complete)  (Read 171960 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
[GB] GMK Oblivion (Complete)
« on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 08:15:56 »
This is now the new location to discuss this group buy!

Link to GB: http://keyclack.com/groupbuy/gmkOblivionR1

« Last Edit: Tue, 05 December 2017, 22:55:23 by jchan94 »

Offline Atredl

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 14:06:59 »
I just want to say thank you for including 2 1u fn keys. This will be the first keyset where all the legends will be correct on my slightly odd layout.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 14:25:24 »
I just want to say thank you for including 2 1u fn keys. This will be the first keyset where all the legends will be correct on my slightly odd layout.

It was only due to them requiring different colors depending on the row they will be used on, otherwise there would only have been one as it is in the Monochrome addon kit :)

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 17:00:25 »
This feels like a silly question, but I wanted to ask. The website says 250 people need to join in order to unlock the GB. What if the GB doesn't hit 250 orders in time? Is it cancelled, or is the GB happening no matter how many/few orders there are?

Offline imprevade

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 18:08:12 »
It might be too late at this point, but is there any possibility of adding a 1.75u Return/Enter for the JD40 Layout?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 18:20:01 »

It was only due to them requiring different colors depending on the row they will be used on, otherwise there would only have been one as it is in the Monochrome addon kit :)

And luckily for me those are the exact rows I need them on :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 21:30:25 »
This feels like a silly question, but I wanted to ask. The website says 250 people need to join in order to unlock the GB. What if the GB doesn't hit 250 orders in time? Is it cancelled, or is the GB happening no matter how many/few orders there are?

We should move forward regardless of it.

We're still figuring out how to display the unlock part. It's confusing with a buy that was multi skus.

Currently, it displays the number of people who have joined in. Any suggestions?

The unlock bars are accurate to each sku.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 April 2017, 21:33:09 »

We're still figuring out how to display the unlock part. It's confusing with a buy that was multi skus.

Currently, it displays the number of people who have joined in. Any suggestions?

Maybe take the higher base kit and put it as the numbers displayed for the main buy? So, for example, you'd have 82 joined at the minute (as gray is leading).

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 02:04:41 »
Let's say the base kits count more, in that case you could sum them and divide by 5 to show a percentage of our progress.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 08:10:59 »

Maybe when you have multiple SKUs, don't show the primary bar, but direct people to the correct numbers broken down by SKU?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:48:23 »
how long will the gb be open?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 13:55:28 »
how long will the gb be open?

Participation End Date: May 19, 2017

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 14:31:15 »
I'll be moving before the keysets ship - will it be possible to change the shipping address on our Account page or can we e-mail to adjust it?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 18:32:18 »
I'll be moving before the keysets ship - will it be possible to change the shipping address on our Account page or can we e-mail to adjust it?

If you need a modification, you can go to Profile (Top right), then cancel the order, and remake it.

We'll have a "Modify Order" function in the future, but we are currently rolling with cancel/remake unfortunately.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 19:01:13 »

If you need a modification, you can go to Profile (Top right), then cancel the order, and remake it.

We'll have a "Modify Order" function in the future, but we are currently rolling with cancel/remake unfortunately.

Sorry, just to clarify, I want to change my address after the group buy ends and before shipping happens.

If I cancel the order after the GB ends, then would I still be able to make a new order with the new address?

Or is there no way to change the address after the GB ends?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 19:10:02 »

Sorry, just to clarify, I want to change my address after the group buy ends and before shipping happens.

If I cancel the order after the GB ends, then would I still be able to make a new order with the new address?

If you want to change the address later, just email support@keyclack.com will all informaton you have on your order.

Make sure to have the new address, and old one as well. For now, we'll do it manually, as we're building functionality to make it more streamlined for you to update and such.

One big issue with updating addresses is that shipping charges change, so we'll have to figure out how to deal with that portion.

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 19:20:57 »

If you want to change the address later, just email support@keyclack.com will all informaton you have on your order.

Make sure to have the new address, and old one as well. For now, we'll do it manually, as we're building functionality to make it more streamlined for you to update and such.

One big issue with updating addresses is that shipping charges change, so we'll have to figure out how to deal with that portion.

I understand, thanks! I'll be moving within the same city, so not worried about changes in shipping for my order at least.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 21:30:29 »
Are the 2u space bars going to be made using GMK's new convex molds?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 22:17:27 »
It might be too late at this point, but is there any possibility of adding a 1.75u Return/Enter for the JD40 Layout?

Oh snap, you mean Ultimate Hacking Keyboard isn't the only layout that needs a 1.75u Return/Enter!? I'd love this if it happened. I'd honestly contribute $100 to the increased cost of the GB for that.

What is the GMK color code for the white alphas? I might try to source 2 x 1.75u blanks as spacebars.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 16:49:30 »
I realise it's too late to be changing things etc but the mods just don't feel quite right to me. I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of icons or the alignment or what? Anybody else know what I mean?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 16:55:55 »
I realise it's too late to be changing things etc but the mods just don't feel quite right to me. I'm not sure if it's due to the lack of icons or the alignment or what? Anybody else know what I mean?
I've been seeking icon mods forever until I realized how good text-only are.

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:02:27 »
I've been seeking icon mods forever until I realized how good text-only are.

Yeh, I can understand how the text only fits in with the coding theme of this set as well. I think I'll probably have to give it a shot, I'm surprised at the lack of people currently involved in the GB honestly though =S.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:28:46 »
I'm surprised at the lack of people currently involved in the GB honestly though =S.

Same. But AFAIK there was never an official post over in the GB section of geekhack and I never saw it mentioned on Reddit either. So I think there hasn't been much exposure.

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:45:39 »
I'm surprised at the lack of people currently involved in the GB honestly though =S.

Same. But AFAIK there was never an official post over in the GB section of geekhack and I never saw it mentioned on Reddit either. So I think there hasn't been much exposure.

I've seen it posted twice on Reddit, agree with you on the GH GB section though. I suppose the much larger exposure is one of the pros of Massdrop in that respect.

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:54:17 »

I've seen it posted twice on Reddit, agree with you on the GH GB section though. I suppose the much larger exposure is one of the pros of Massdrop in that respect.

When Geekhack moved GB's under their respective vendor, its easy to overlook several of the buys. Its more of a mental effort to check in Vendors rather than Groupbuys.

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:00:06 »

When Geekhack moved GB's under their respective vendor, its easy to overlook several of the buys. Its more of a mental effort to check in Vendors rather than Groupbuys.

Completely agree, I find it really annoying. I may very well be mistaken but is it not the vendors that choose to move the GB threads into their area, rather than GH mods?

Offline Atredl

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:00:10 »

It's all personal taste but text only is one of the things I'm quite looking forward to about this set.

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:06:01 »

Completely agree, I find it really annoying. I may very well be mistaken but is it not the vendors that choose to move the GB threads into their area, rather than GH mods?
I remember this thread from a little while ago addressing the situation https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87524.0

It says
A group buy type thread is the same as before: a forum member wishes to collect funds and order a large amount of a specific product from a manufacturer and collects funds from other site members for the payment to the manufacturer posts a GB thread.  Group Buys should state terms such as MoQ, price tiers per different amounts of product ordered, etc.  Group Buys are typically not done for profit.

Anything that is not a pre-order that a vendor wishes to list on geekhack must be listed in the Vendor Forums area*

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 14:49:19 »
GMK Hydro Shipping cost is $22

GMK Soware and Muted are $35 each

Nowadays, GMK Oblivion Shipping cost is $42.76

What is happening with Shipping costs these days?

What did I just miss?

I can't support GMK keycap set from Keyclack anymore.

I almost skipped Soware and Muted but I didn't because I really like GMK keycaps.

But $42... Time to say goodbye and this is my first time that I will skip GMK keycap set I love.

Good luck with Group buy.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 15:00:22 »
GMK Hydro Shipping cost is $22

GMK Soware and Muted are $35 each

Nowadays, GMK Oblivion Shipping cost is $42.76

What is happening with Shipping costs these days?

What did I just miss?

I can't support GMK keycap set from Keyclack anymore.

I almost skipped Soware and Muted but I didn't because I really like GMK keycaps.

But $42... Time to say goodbye and this is my first time that I will skip GMK keycap set I love.

Good luck with Group buy.

This is shipped with DHL. Usps first class has lost too many keysets for me, so I had to stop using it.

Offline ba7777

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 17:38:56 »
Is shipping via SF Express from USA to China possible? They have a very good reputation in China.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 18:12:28 »
Is shipping via SF Express from USA to China possible? They have a very good reputation in China.

Sf express in USA is only available for business to business. Unfortunately we cannot use them for this reason.

Offline ba7777

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 07 May 2017, 20:36:48 »
So sad to hear that...

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 03:26:59 »

This is shipped with DHL. Usps first class has lost too many keysets for me, so I had to stop using it.

Okay, now I understand what is happening here.

but I can't keep buying a keycap sets with $42 shipping.

and I don't know how to solve this problem because it's my problem now.

I hate DHL and I stopped using Massdrop because of them.

The packages always stuck in Germany for long time and every time.

So now... $42 shipping with stucking in Germany option, I have no idea what am I suppose to do anymore.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 04:03:01 »

So now... $42 shipping with stucking in Germany option, I have no idea what am I suppose to do anymore.

only other real option here is to proxy a batch of orders to one person in your country/area, and for them to ship each individual set off locally for cheaper shipping

makes it cheaper but adds hassle, risk, and time

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 07:37:34 »

only other real option here is to proxy a batch of orders to one person in your country/area, and for them to ship each individual set off locally for cheaper shipping

makes it cheaper but adds hassle, risk, and time

GMK keycap is not popular in my country.

We don't even have our own Mechanical Keyboards communities, Most related communities is Gaming Gear Group on facebook Lmao.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 07:49:34 »
even if you found one or two others (not unlikely if this hits moq) you may save money.

sounds like you're in Vietnam which I know has some fans

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 09:59:54 »

GMK keycap is not popular in my country.

We don't even have our own Mechanical Keyboards communities, Most related communities is Gaming Gear Group on facebook Lmao.

We should probably take it to a different thread, but I know that zfrontier is doing GMK buys.  Not sure if their shipping is better for your country.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 10:39:21 »
even if you found one or two others (not unlikely if this hits moq) you may save money.

sounds like you're in Vietnam which I know has some fans

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I live in Thailand that's why my situation look so bad.

Vietnam mech communities is great, They have around 17,000 members on their group.

In Thailand we don't have mech communities, and most of people don't pay $135 for only keycap set.

Even $70 still too expensive for them.

I feel like

We should probably take it to a different thread, but I know that zfrontier is doing GMK buys.  Not sure if their shipping is better for your country.

The problem is they're using DHL, I've been supporting Originative for so long and never had any problem with shipping.

Most of shipping is around $20-$22 and I can accept that prices.

Don't get me wrong, I love Keyclack and respect to Jchan.

But I can't keep buying a keycap set with $42 shipping.

If I take Oblivion today, How about coming up GMK keycap sets?

As I am a GMK collector, this is very trouble for me.  :(

Offline poolside

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:26:52 »
I remember a recent post from jchan (or Oblotzky, maybe) here or on reddit about (slightly) cheaper shipping options being investigated for international people with refunds once the buy ends.
I can find it anymore, however. Is my memory playing tricks on me? Could someone direct me to that post?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:28:41 »
I remember a recent post from jchan (or Oblotzky, maybe) here or on reddit about (slightly) cheaper shipping options being investigated for international people with refunds once the buy ends.
I can find it anymore, however. Is my memory playing tricks on me? Could someone direct me to that post?

It's being worked on and would be applied to existing orders as far as I know. We will publish information if it's successful.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 15:38:18 »

I am still waiting to hear from DHL ecommerce. It's still being worked on.

Once we have the information, the changes will automagically be reflected on your invoice, and you'll be charged the lower amount (this is assuming you joined in already)

If not, you'll see the reflected prices when you are joining.

Offline poolside

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 07:23:59 »

I am still waiting to hear from DHL ecommerce. It's still being worked on.

Once we have the information, the changes will automagically be reflected on your invoice, and you'll be charged the lower amount (this is assuming you joined in already)

If not, you'll see the reflected prices when you are joining.

Sweet, thanks!

Offline merintil

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 10:48:14 »
Just to confirm, there is no 1u backspace, right?

This doesn't bother me too much (I already ordered 1 grey and white baseset), but it is sad to see that the 1u backspace didn't make it.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 10:50:16 »

This doesn't bother me too much (I already ordered 1 grey and white baseset), but it is sad to see that the 1u backspace didn't make it.

Correct, only what you see in the kit renders is what you get.

Offline merintil

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 10:53:01 »

Correct, only what you see in the kit renders is what you get.

Thanks for the quick reply! I think I can just make do with the R1 1u delete key (or learn to use the 1.5u backspace in place of the pipe key).

Offline mnmlisme

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 21:25:59 »
hi, new to GB but love the colors of this set. how long after GB ends does this keycaps will be delivered? I saw 16 weeks or something, or can it take longer?
XD60 (gat.black) | SABER68 (gat.blue) | VORTEX Core (cherry blue) | YD40 (gatistotle)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 21:29:41 »
hi, new to GB but love the colors of this set. how long after GB ends does this keycaps will be delivered? I saw 16 weeks or something, or can it take longer?

It can definitely take longer, but most of it is up to GMK to deliver to me.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 09 May 2017, 23:48:12 »
Holy christ those group buy numbers shot up! Did you just add in the orders from Asia?
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 14:30:49 »
Holy christ those group buy numbers shot up! Did you just add in the orders from Asia?

Hi,

Someone placed a large order, but the numbers from the Asia proxy are not inclusive in our count on the site.

--

Also, thanks to everyone that has joined! Oblotzky and I are truly excited to get this out to people.  ;D