Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion (Complete)  (Read 171965 times)

Offline Atredl

[GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, production begun Sept 14th)
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 11:39:16 »

Any thoughts about doing a mod pack that includes those stellar additional colors on the SA Oblivion buy?  Don't have the money after consideration to do the SA buy, so I'd love to try to do the same layout on oblivion....
Are you referring to the red and blue Enter/Esc keys?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 September 2017, 11:40:58 by Atredl »

Offline h3xadat

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, production begun Sept 14th)
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 11:56:51 »
GMK Oblivion has begun production this week. QC + sorting puts us at end of September/early October still for the sets leaving GMK's factory. Another week to cross the lake and go through customs. Since the last update jchan has stated:

the new hire is charge of:

- Support (emails to support@keyclack.com NOT jchan@keyclack.com)
- Helping organizing / maintaining the office
- Shipping Store / Newly incoming things (muted, 1965 up and coming)
- QC soon.

with this information, I believe we will see the sets leaving KeyClack in the near future after arrival. It is the M65-A's complexity that forbids the new employee to handle those boards, but shipping trays and bags appears to be part of his duties.

Any thoughts about doing a mod pack that includes those stellar additional colors on the SA Oblivion buy?  Don't have the money after consideration to do the SA buy, so I'd love to try to do the same layout on oblivion....

Good idea. Count me in!

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #152 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 12:48:09 »

That is a big part of it, but there are other keys that would be good to add also that are not in the base set, i.e. the git modifiers.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 13:40:24 »

That is a big part of it, but there are other keys that would be good to add also that are not in the base set, i.e. the git modifiers.

Git modifiers would require like 20 new molds, so I have to make some investigations how it could be done, certainly on my radar. Red and Blue accent keys are also planned for the next rounds Monochrome kit. Maybe we can have them separate there so you can 'upgrade' existing kits.

But lets see how R1 turns out and is received by the community before we go too much into detail here :)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #154 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 15:38:08 »

Git modifiers would require like 20 new molds, so I have to make some investigations how it could be done, certainly on my radar. Red and Blue accent keys are also planned for the next rounds Monochrome kit. Maybe we can have them separate there so you can 'upgrade' existing kits.

But lets see how R1 turns out and is received by the community before we go too much into detail here :)
Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering where your head was on this.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 02:40:22 »
Just got word back from GMK. Sets will ship out end of next week. One palette will head to Los Angeles (KeyClack HQ), a second one goes straight to Asia for the proxy some of you might have bought from. Also I'll be bringing my sets to the Frankfurt meetup on October 14th ;)

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, confirmed shipping from GMK first week of October)
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 02:45:13 »
Thanks big O.

I'll be getting the manifest soon, and then get my logistics forwarder to help it clear customs and to my office. I'll be ordering the boxes for it as well.

Cheers.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:49:44 »
Just got word back from GMK. Sets will ship out end of next week. One palette will head to Los Angeles (KeyClack HQ), a second one goes straight to Asia for the proxy some of you might have bought from. Also I'll be bringing my sets to the Frankfurt meetup on October 14th ;)

What kind of meetup is that? i live in Stuttgart

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 07:51:10 »

What kind of meetup is that? i live in Stuttgart

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6w07jq/news_frankfurt_germany_meetup_on_october_14th/

Offline robotsokk

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, confirmed shipping from GMK first week of October)
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 09:20:48 »
The hype is alive! Excited to get this set :D Thanks Oblotzky and jchan for the updates.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 09:31:54 »
Yes! Been waiting on this one :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 15:21:49 »
Sh!t, neither of the keyboards I plan to put this on are in yet! Can't wait regardless. Might just get that KBD75 after all.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Oblotzky

Offline Yethuo

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 17:07:18 »
hi

is the only difference between the grey and white sets the alpha keys? are the modifier keys exactly the same?

thx

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 21:39:03 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZl4idPlQAH/?taken-by=uniqey.gmk

itshappening.gif

Oh man... it's only a tiny sliver, but that backspace key looks amazing.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 28 September 2017, 22:46:54 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZl4idPlQAH/?taken-by=uniqey.gmk

itshappening.gif

Oh man... it's only a tiny sliver, but that backspace key looks amazing.
I had the exact same reaction. The colors used in Oblivion are absolutely amazing. Every once in a while I'll look at the picture of the color samples to hold me over until this comes in.

Offline ..//dexx

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #167 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 06:59:11 »
hi

is the only difference between the grey and white sets the alpha keys? are the modifier keys exactly the same?

thx

Correct, only the Alpha color is different.

Offline pitfermi

Offline Oblotzky

I see packaging material in that pic, so close!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
That's really good looking. Is there a picture for the grey alphas as well?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline Oblotzky

This is from their instagram, I linked to their post of the gray set teaser last week. Those are the only two pictures available so far.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects

This is from their instagram, I linked to their post of the gray set teaser last week. Those are the only two pictures available so far.
Yeah, I was hoping for a more frontal shot but I like the look of that one too.

Offline txclack

I am kicking myself so hard for sleeping on this set.

Can't wait for pictures of Monochrome mods with grey alphas

Offline robotsokk

Show Image

I see packaging material in that pic, so close!

Yes! So ready for this set  :thumb:

Offline msilvv

dear lordy I'm gonna need a keeb to put this on very shortly

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Offline MeloDet

Any word on whether these will be available for preorder on KeyClack? or will extras only be available after the gb purchases have been sent out?

Offline Oblotzky

Any word on whether these will be available for preorder on KeyClack? or will extras only be available after the gb purchases have been sent out?

Once GB orders are shipped out. Also might not be immediately after due to jchan being occupied with family matters still. There will probably be at least 48 hours heads up warning or so

Offline MeloDet

Alright, thanks!

Offline Oblotzky

Shipment for Asian proxy has left the factory today. The one heading to LA will follow on Monday.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Shipment for Asian proxy has left the factory today. The one heading to LA will follow on Monday.

dank
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oblotzky

timestamp pics cause I'm trading over at mm. there will be proper pictures on keyboards shot with DSLR cams etc after the Frankfurt meetup on Saturday

Offline ctrlX

timestamp pics cause I'm trading over at mm. there will be proper pictures on keyboards shot with DSLR cams etc after the Frankfurt meetup on Saturday

Show Image

Show Image

Gorgeous! Can't wait :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Nice work. Congrats for designing such a beautiful set.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io

Show Image

Show Image

Wow the grey looks fantastic. Wonderful job!
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline pitfermi

Glad i ordered one of each :D

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline online

Show Image

Show Image

Regretted didn't get the white along with the dark one. Cheeky question, Is there a GMK set with white alpha that match/close to the white oblivion set?

Would you consider to let buyers choose the alpha and modifier in the next round like SA group buy? So people who want both colors could have the oblivion and monochrome modifiers rather having the same.

Offline avid

It would be interesting to see what colors that is used for the grey / white.

I would guess white alphas are WS1 with CR legends?

Offline Oblotzky

It would be interesting to see what colors that is used for the grey / white.

I would guess white alphas are WS1 with CR legends?

CP with custom gray

Offline Oblotzky

Show Image

Show Image

Regretted didn't get the white along with the dark one. Cheeky question, Is there a GMK set with white alpha that match/close to the white oblivion set?

Would you consider to let buyers choose the alpha and modifier in the next round like SA group buy? So people who want both colors could have the oblivion and monochrome modifiers rather having the same.

I wanted to but splitting alphas and mods bumped the total price per base by 20$

Offline avid

Show Image

Show Image

Since this set used CP, you can always get Honeywell. They also use CP alphas with grey legends.

Offline baloo25

Seeing the hagoromo set I'm so glad i got that one. It's beautiful.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter

Show Image

Show Image

Since this set used CP, you can always get Honeywell. They also use CP alphas with grey legends.

That was exactly my plan.

Offline afrokobe

have a white set would love to trade for grey set.  Also bought monochrome mods that I am not sure I want anymore.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
have a white set would love to trade for grey set.  Also bought monochrome mods that I am not sure I want anymore.

If you don't want the monochrome mods, let me know, and we might be able to come to a deal.

Offline thearctican

Man. All of these teaser photos are making me anxious. I can't wait for that box to hit my door.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
Unfortunately, no manifest yet from GMK for the shipping. Hope to hear soon, cheers.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline robotsokk

Thanks for the info. Hopefully GMK sends that along soon.

Offline MeloDet

Unfortunately, no manifest yet from GMK for the shipping. Hope to hear soon, cheers.

Does this mean that it hasn't shipped yet? or that you just haven't been sent the info?

Offline handcraftedbits

Yeah, any idea what's going on?  Oblotzky's earlier message (on the 6th) stated that a shipment went out to Asia and the one bound for the US was going to go out on Monday, i.e. last Monday.