Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion (Complete)  (Read 171958 times)

Offline thearctican

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (GB closed, ships soon)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:08:58 »
Gotta get those $195 sets sold.
/S
In all seriousness, I'm sure the clerical work is the last thing to be done. The peace of mind would be nice, though.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:12:21 »
This may sound like an unfortunate joke, but that post was meant for 1965.

The new site, when your order has been packed, you'll get an email with the tracking number.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline moonmaster

• big bumps, beautiful boards
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 18:47:18 »

The new site, when your order has been packed, you'll get an email with the tracking number.

Still estimated for this week? Thanks.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 19:09:20 »

Working on it tomorrow :D

Offline online

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 14:20:36 »

Working on it tomorrow :D

When will the international orders be shipped?
Leaving the country at the end of this month, won't be back til next year.
May need to change my shipping address if not shipping this week.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 14:21:37 »
We should have 100 out by tomorrow, but it's a tad random atm.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #256 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 17:20:18 »
If I'm as lucky with being one of the first 100 as I am with artisans, my order will be shipped out last then lost in transit.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 13:34:42 »
Crossing my fingers that I'm one of those lucky 100.

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #258 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 16:23:58 »
Crossing my fingers that I'm one of those lucky 100.

I was not :( At least no email that my order was shipped.

Offline bkw1209

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 20:07:37 »
I don't received shipping e-mail not yet

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 20:47:10 »
I don't received shipping e-mail not yet

I'd bet he didn't ship any today. He has been saying he'd ship for the past two weeks now. No one has said they got shipping conf.  I know he spent some time today on the faux-BKE dome stuff; maybe he didn't have time for this. I just really want my set and am starting to be bummed by the delays. I am usually patient, but with group buys, I feel that merchants have an obligation to ship out the merchandise within a few days of receiving it from the manufacturer. Edit: especially when it's a vendor, rather than just a community member doing it for the love. I really didn't start to get bummed about this until today -- I think the two weeks is hard to swallow. :-[
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 20:53:38 by moonmaster »

Offline handcraftedbits

« Reply #261 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 21:52:09 »
Agreed.  I just don't get it.  There's several "I'm working on it today/Just did it" messages, and yet nothing has actually gotten done as far as I can tell.

I mean... I don't want to tell you how to run your business but... you're running a business.  We've had our money tied up in this set for over 6 months at this point and the hard part (manufacturing) is finished.  Let's get those sets over the finish line and into people's hands  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 November 2017, 21:57:27 by handcraftedbits »

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 04:41:01 »
Can someone explain to me why I even paid like $50 for shipping?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #263 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 04:46:01 »
Like $50 meaning what? I paid $40.06
I guess that's due to the GMK tray size.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 04:49:13 »
Like $50 meaning what? I paid $40.06
I guess that's due to the GMK tray size.
I was not aware

Offline Traveler

Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion (Shipping)
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 10:13:41 »

I'm in the USA and paid about $11 for shipping. What country do you live in, and what kit(s) did you order?

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 10:24:19 »

DHL Express

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #267 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:03:33 »

DHL Express

I'm in the USA and paid about $11 for shipping. What country do you live in, and what kit(s) did you order?

Ordered a white and a gray set. I live in Germany, like my profile to the left states :D DHL Express you say? this is no way "express" shipping, if it takes the guy 2 weeks to ship it. they would be already here if as you state express dhl was to be used. oh wait, he didnt ship the sets yet.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:12:26 by pitfermi »

Offline online

« Reply #268 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:22:11 »
Agreed.  I just don't get it.  There's several "I'm working on it today/Just did it" messages, and yet nothing has actually gotten done as far as I can tell.

I mean... I don't want to tell you how to run your business but... you're running a business.  We've had our money tied up in this set for over 6 months at this point and the hard part (manufacturing) is finished.  Let's get those sets over the finish line and into people's hands  :thumb:

Exactly how I feel.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:29:41 by online »

Offline LPFchan

• YouTube
« Reply #269 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:42:06 »
ordered two sets of one grey, one white

given it took me more than two months to achieve a dead simple task of changing the shipping address to my new place by PM-ing him on reddit for lengthy amount of time,
this complete lack of communication and comical amount of shipping delays does not surprise me at all. it's confirmed he does not even check official support email inbox.

no matter what product they bring, my money will never go through keyclack nor JC, just my humble opinion purely based on how i treated as a customer.

also good luck if you have to change your shipping address at the last minute because oh boy, i forgot to count how many times I've reminded him to update mine.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 November 2017, 11:46:24 by LPFchan »

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:13:16 »

Ordered a white and a gray set. I live in Germany, like my profile to the left states :D DHL Express you say? this is no way "express" shipping, if it takes the guy 2 weeks to ship it. they would be already here if as you state express dhl was to be used. oh wait, he didnt ship the sets yet.

The reason that he's using DHL for some country because he's avoiding package losing, not for the faster delivery time.

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:19:41 »

The reason that he's using DHL for some country because he's avoiding package losing, not for the faster delivery time.

there is cheaper shipping option with tracking too. no?

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:22:57 »

there is cheaper shipping option with tracking too. no?

Ask him not me, that was all I know.

Offline handcraftedbits

« Reply #273 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:34:46 »
no matter what product they bring, my money will never go through keyclack nor JC, just my humble opinion purely based on how i treated as a customer.

Same here, I just want my keys and then I'm done with KC.  I kinda sorta understand (but don't defend) the M65 situation, I think there's a lot of packaging required.  But this?  Throw them in a box and get them out.  Why sit on these for so long?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:36:58 »

Same here, I just want my keys and then I'm done with KC.  I kinda sorta understand (but don't defend) the M65 situation, I think there's a lot of packaging required.  But this?  Throw them in a box and get them out.  Why sit on these for so long?

Because he's got more projects that have been waiting longer. I'm sure Oblivion is in the queue to go out.

Offline handcraftedbits

« Reply #275 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 12:44:08 »
Because he's got more projects that have been waiting longer. I'm sure Oblivion is in the queue to go out.

I could buy that if he didn't already have several "working on it right now!" messages in this thread.

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #276 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 17:30:38 »
I will forget about this if he gets them out early next week. I'm stikm going to buy some of those domes. And I would still rather buy a set through him than Massdrop. I have much more faith in his ability to actually get us the right stuff we paid for. And the updates about production are better than what we'd get with MD. As i said, im bummed because i want my set. But as long as this gets resolved soon, I'll be a happy camper.

Offline astonlau

« Reply #277 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 19:03:14 »

Ordered 6 set with some child kits. I am from Hong Kong. It costs about $100 for shipping. What can I say? I just dont wanna see the retail one shipped faster than us.

Offline moonmaster

« Reply #278 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 19:05:20 »

Ordered 6 set with some child kits. I am from Hong Kong. It costs about $100 for shipping. What can I say? I just dont wanna see the retail one shipped faster than us.

Yeah, in my opinion it doesn't create a good feeling in GB participants when the retail kits are even available for purchase before all GB sets are shipped.

Offline thearctican

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 19:58:13 »

Yeah, in my opinion it doesn't create a good feeling in GB participants when the retail kits are even available for purchase before all GB sets are shipped.

That's just bad business. It was quoted on the site that 2-3 days before shipping was to be expected; if that can't be delivered on, why even make the promise in the first place?

I'm sure he's busy, but I'd rather hear what's actually happening, rather than what he thinks we want to hear.

Offline smart5088

« Reply #280 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 13:11:35 »
Agreed.

Understand he's busy , but please keep shipping start promise.

I think consideration for the long-awaited participants

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 17:35:07 »
People in here acting like this is the Penumbra GB.

Offline pitfermi

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 17:42:47 »

what happened in that gb?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 17:56:19 »

what happened in that gb?

GB runner(s) received the caps some 3 years ago and still have a couple that need to be shipped out.

I know the wait sucks, I'm waiting for several GB's myself that were supposed to ship out already, but it will be worth it. I don't doubt that jchan will deliver.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 November 2017, 17:58:16 by Oblotzky »

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 18:02:57 »
A GB that ran in 2013 or 2014 and is still finishing up some orders as of October 2017. We have a little more time until GMK Oblivion becomes that delayed. ;p

I'm used to group buy delays; massdrop's planck and xda canvas (lol at Godspeed and GMK Laser), and Ultimate Hacking Keyboard. Getting something within a 6 month timeframe is considered good news to me! I'm not surprised at all by Oblivion getting pushed back a little while all of the other group buys jchan has / had to ship that are or were still ongoing, especially M65-A and 1965.

@jchan: not all of us are so impatient. Thank you for running this group buy and helping to make MOQ happen with the extra orders.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 November 2017, 18:05:39 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline madindehead

« Reply #285 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 05:21:28 »
I don't suppose anyone would be interested in buying my slot? Sadly, I kinda need the money, so might have to sell my GMK Oblivion.

Offline dallman5

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 07:38:17 »
I don't suppose anyone would be interested in buying my slot? Sadly, I kinda need the money, so might have to sell my GMK Oblivion.

PMing!
LF: OG Cherry APL (lasered), Artisans

Current collection:
More
Norbatouch (Galaxy Blue) | Mira SE (Lunar Grey, WKL) | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300BN) | Noxary X60 (Grey, HHKB) | KBDFans 5 Degree (Silver) | AEK64 (Grey) | Norbaforce (Tactical Black, WKL)) | Realforce 86U (White) | TGR 910 RE (Polycarbonate) | LZ-SQ (Black) | LZ-CLS (Grey, WKL) | Duck Orion v1 (Silver, WK)) | Nissho KB106DE | HHKB Pro 1 (KB300B) | LZ CLS-S (Blue, Poker) | Realforce 87U 10th Anniversary) | Realforce 104UK | TGR Alice (Grey on Pink) | Singa (Blue, WKL)  | Quantrik QXP (Blue Grey, WKL) | LZ-GH v2 (Black, WK) | KMAC Happy (Red, Poker)) | IBM Model M SSK (APL) | TGR 910 SE (Pink on Blue) | GSKT-00 (Silver, Poker) | OTD Koala (Silver, WKL) | Realforce R2 PFU Edition (Ivory) | IBM 3279 Beamspring (APL) | TGR Tris (Blue) | LZ-GH v2 (Blue, WKL)) | TGR Jane v2 (Blue-grey, WKL) | LZ-MP (Shine Grey, WKL)  | TGR x Singa Unikorn (Purple) | Justsystems x Realforce 108UG) | IBM Model F Unsaver (APL) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Multicolor, WKL) | Realforce 87U (Blank Black) | Lin Montage (Light Blue, WKL) | GSKT-00 AEK R2 (Grey, HHKB) | Leopold FC660C (Blank Black) | Duck Viper v3 (Grey on Black) | Rama Works M6-C RWxRW | LZ-GH v1 (Black, WKL) | Gok 7v (Grey) | biso x beaming Kei (SS, HHKB) | zacheadams x bisoromi little z | Matrix Noah (Silver/Grey, WKL) | Lin Whale (Pink, WKL) | TGR Alice (Polycarbonate) | Rama Kara (Noct) | Lin Whale75 (Burgundy, F13) | Realforce 89 (Ivory) | Hand Engineering Haus (Bluegrey) | Haytco CAKE60_R1 (Pantone 4167C) | LZ-XE (Grey, WKL) | Noxary X60 V2 (Grey, WK) | Daji Ochocuatro (Grey, WKL) | HHKB Hybird Type-S 25th Anniversary (Snow) | LZ-REs (Grey, WKL) | Matrix 8xv 3.0 (Blue-Black/Deep Grey, WKL) | Realforce 23UB | Biso RS60 (Black, WK) | TGR x MXF Koala (Grey/Black, WKL)

Italics = Incoming, Black = Gone

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:15:51 »

It should create a good feeling to know you saved $60 more than retail buyers per kit and retail buyers are not getting their sets any faster.

This is one of the best looking GMK sets of all time and I will be surprised if it doesn't sell out of stock.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #288 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 17:24:41 »

It should create a good feeling to know you saved $60 more than retail buyers per kit and retail buyers are not getting their sets any faster.

This is one of the best looking GMK sets of all time and I will be surprised if it doesn't sell out of stock.

Hydro, and many other group buys that were hosted on Keyclack (new or old) have worked like this.

Hydro over a year, we purchased extra, and had the extras available throughout the buy (even up until and after delivery).

---

We'll be finished with Oblivion on Friday, but some packages may get sent "tracking" on Friday, but will be most likely given to whichever service is used next week. I believe most at Fedex.

Cheers.

Offline thearctican

« Reply #289 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 23:43:51 »
Thanks for the update, jchan. Sorry for being a party pooper.

Offline krutmob

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 19:54:23 »
Got my tracking number. Thanks again jchan, looking forward to this one.

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 20:41:06 »
Got my tracking number. Thanks again jchan, looking forward to this one.

Same here on all counts.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline msilvv

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 22:45:11 »
Got my shipping notice today!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 06:13:49 »
I know we all want to get our kits but lets cut JC some slack. If it wasn't for him buying up the remaining orders to retail on keyclack this GB would have never hit MOQ to begin with.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 08:58:29 »
Received shipping notification

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #295 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 10:15:51 »
Got shipping notification, so exciting  :thumb:
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline astonlau

« Reply #296 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 11:46:28 »
I got nothing :(

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #297 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:45:00 »
got my shipping notification!

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 13:30:54 »