Author Topic: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE  (Read 226449 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - Shipping
« Reply #550 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 13:45:48 »
Finally, designer must have the ability to absorb critiques, that how you grow as an artist/designer/maker. You don't insult critique-givers. It doesnt take a film philosopher to recognize good films. It doesnt take a color theorist to say Solarized Dark is a ****show. Get off your high horse, learn how to filter criticisms, and definitely do not insult the people who funded your visions. Thesiscamper took me by surprise with the personal insults, I hope one day he'll grow up.

Everyone has a breaking point.  I hope if you ever reach it on any project, people treat you with more grace.

That's fine and all, but I've seen thesis break on more than one occasion. One of them was on me!

FTFY  ;)  :thumb:

Being serious, that's unfortunate.  But I don't think that obviates my statement in any fashion.  :thumb:

Well, I think it's pretty rude of him to say what he did. I've seen plenty of people at breaking points rage online and to me it's never an excuse to call people dumb, even if you feel you are more experienced in a profession.

Did I ever say it wasn't?  That's not what my statement said, nor meant.  I just think it's better not to descend into the muck and wade it out with the person.  But to try to afford a little grace, and let it go.  There are enough tensions in the thread than to go adding to them, no matter how justified you may be or feel that you are.  That's just my take, admittedly, but no less valid for that.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #551 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 13:58:20 »
Sorry, I am lost... are the missing stepped caps and ctrl what is being shipped? If so, who will be notifying the people that got the set through a proxy?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #552 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 14:09:33 »
Finally, designer must have the ability to absorb critiques, that how you grow as an artist/designer/maker. You don't insult critique-givers. It doesnt take a film philosopher to recognize good films. It doesnt take a color theorist to say Solarized Dark is a ****show. Get off your high horse, learn how to filter criticisms, and definitely do not insult the people who funded your visions. Thesiscamper took me by surprise with the personal insults, I hope one day he'll grow up.

Everyone has a breaking point.  I hope if you ever reach it on any project, people treat you with more grace.

That's fine and all, but I've seen thesis break on more than one occasion. One of them was on me!

Being serious, that's unfortunate.  But I don't think that obviates my statement in any fashion.  :thumb:

Well, I think it's pretty rude of him to say what he did. I've seen plenty of people at breaking points rage online and to me it's never an excuse to call people dumb, even if you feel you are more experienced in a profession.

Did I ever say it wasn't?  That's not what my statement said, nor meant.  I just think it's better not to descend into the muck and wade it out with the person.  But to try to afford a little grace, and let it go.  There are enough tensions in the thread than to go adding to them, no matter how justified you may be or feel that you are.  That's just my take, admittedly, but no less valid for that.

When you said this:
"Everyone has a breaking point.  I hope if you ever reach it on any project, people treat you with more grace."
it sounded to me like you were justifying thesis' post considering the statements made by people regarding the colors and his reaction toward them.

"Everyone has a breaking point" = thesis had a breaking point by reading these comments and lashed out.
"I hope if you ever reach it on any project" = someone else in the same shoes as thesis reading comments about work they've done.
"people treat you with more grace." = people ought to understand the position thesis is in and offer more grace (i.e., not be offended by his remarks), and similarly ought if you were in the same position.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #553 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 15:40:05 »
Sorry, I am lost... are the missing stepped caps and ctrl what is being shipped? If so, who will be notifying the people that got the set through a proxy?

For those, I am currently packing them.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #554 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 15:41:41 »
All the trackings have been sent out.

A major number of the tracking numbers have not been updated (pending). Our USPS pickup person has left USPS, so today, we'll be taking these to USPS. You will see it move tomorrow.

--

If you're waiting for a replacement keycap, you will get the tracking today after I finalize the list. You'll get tracking via email on file. If you've changed addresses since then, please notify support@keyclack.com . I will be holding the replacement keycap shipments for a day before dropping them off at USPS.

--

This GB should be marked to be completed in 2-3 days.

Hey jchan,

Have a quick question. I already received my base kit and colored modifiers with the first batch of shipments. Just wondering if I'll receive separate tracking for the stepped caps and stepped ctrl caps.

I saw that you're still working on tracking for 'replacement keycaps'. I didn't know if the stepped caps fell into that category.

Thank you!

For those trackings, I'm sending them via email. They are in bubble mailers, but have a good amount of bubble wrap to protect them from damage.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #555 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 15:49:24 »

When you said this:
"Everyone has a breaking point.  I hope if you ever reach it on any project, people treat you with more grace."
it sounded to me like you were justifying thesis' post considering the statements made by people regarding the colors and his reaction toward them.

"Everyone has a breaking point" = thesis had a breaking point by reading these comments and lashed out.
"I hope if you ever reach it on any project" = someone else in the same shoes as thesis reading comments about work they've done.
"people treat you with more grace." = people ought to understand the position thesis is in and offer more grace (i.e., not be offended by his remarks), and similarly ought if you were in the same position.

That in no way justifies his remarks, nor says it isn't rude.  It just says that the response to it doesn't take into account that he's just a person. 

Your reading is up to you.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 15:54:30 »

Clarify:

1. mykeyboard.eu currently has them, and is shipping them out soon!

2. KP from kprepublic, was shipped the shipment, but we are unaware when he will ship it.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:17:13 »
Tracking numbers have been sent out. Stepped Keys are packed now, and you should get them end of this or early next week.

Offline OracleKev

Re: [GB] GMK Solarized Dark - COMPLETE
« Reply #558 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 20:35:30 »
Finally!

June 20, 2018, 3:56 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
SOUTH EL MONTE, CA 91733

For the color debate, I don't care as long as the set looks good.
Deviations and surprises happen despite best effort, sorta part of life here.

For those who got slammed for making legit complaints, I feel for you. Popos often go after wrong people to keep order.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #559 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 21:02:57 »
Expected delivery by: Friday June 22

Hyyyyype
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline MentholMoose

« Reply #560 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 23:31:09 »
I didn't receive a shipping confirmation but I did receive my shipment today. It is intact and complete - base, modifier, and spacebar kits, plus the stepped keys.
MentholMoose

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #561 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 02:22:33 »
So, when are extras available on Keyclack? ;)

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #562 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 07:03:02 »

Clarify:

1. mykeyboard.eu currently has them, and is shipping them out soon!

2. KP from kprepublic, was shipped the shipment, but we are unaware when he will ship it.

Thanks a lot jchan94!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #563 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 10:07:05 »
One year to the day. Better late than never.
keyboards.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #564 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 10:14:43 »
One year to the day. Better late than never.

Pff. That's nothing!

Offline johntron25

« Reply #565 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 11:24:48 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #566 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 23:16:54 »
I didn't receive a shipping confirmation but I did receive my shipment today. It is intact and complete - base, modifier, and spacebar kits, plus the stepped keys.

I sent out manual emails to everyone - if you changed your email, maybe it didn't go through. I didn't have any emails bounce back.

But, glad you got the set.

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #567 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 20:54:24 »
Got everything ordered.  Very happy with how it turned out regardless of all the color debate. 

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #568 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 00:11:50 »
All the trackings have been sent out.

A major number of the tracking numbers have not been updated (pending). Our USPS pickup person has left USPS, so today, we'll be taking these to USPS. You will see it move tomorrow.

--

If you're waiting for a replacement keycap, you will get the tracking today after I finalize the list. You'll get tracking via email on file. If you've changed addresses since then, please notify support@keyclack.com . I will be holding the replacement keycap shipments for a day before dropping them off at USPS.

--

This GB should be marked to be completed in 2-3 days.

When do you plan to post the extras to your site?

Offline Haxmuffin

« Reply #569 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 20:25:13 »
Just received the set and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Honestly, I think the alphas look closer to Solarized Dark than the renders did, so that's good for me since it's my favorite Vim theme.

For everyone else getting the set, make sure you check the back of the box!

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #570 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 19:19:11 »
Just received the set and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Honestly, I think the alphas look closer to Solarized Dark than the renders did, so that's good for me since it's my favorite Vim theme.

For everyone else getting the set, make sure you check the back of the box!

Show Image

love your photo dude! thank you for the kind words

Offline davewongillies

« Reply #571 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 19:49:26 »

I received mine last week and am happy with how it turned out.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 June 2018, 16:39:58 by davewongillies »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #572 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 09:10:57 »

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #573 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 10:15:39 »
I received my sets.  Happy with the result.  The set looks very different in person than most photos on the internet.  Because of dark colors, camera overexposes.  Here is slightly underexposed photo.

199060-0

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #574 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 07:11:32 »
Very happy with how this set turned out  :cool:

Flickr
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline didgeridoo

« Reply #575 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 08:26:09 »
Is there per chance going to be another round of this goodness in foreseeable future?

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #576 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 09:57:41 »
Is there per chance going to be another round of this goodness in foreseeable future?
Lol doubtful. This definitely wasn’t the most painless group buy. I would be surprised if it ran again.

Offline Uleoja

« Reply #577 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:25:36 »

Show Image

Flickr
Wow.  This is hands down the best picture I've seen.  It's absolutely perfect all-around!  Makes me want to get a blue board.  .

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #578 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 16:52:13 »

Show Image

Flickr

Very nice!  Thanks for sharing!

Show Image

Which color clueboard is that?  The grey?  It looks really good!  I was thinking about putting it on my teal, but went with oblivion as I needed the 2U space to complete it, and the extras aren't up yet. :(

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #579 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:26:30 »
"The best of all possible worlds"

In case anyone was wondering, the new 6u centered spacebar mold works perfect on Novatouch'd keyboards!
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #580 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 20:19:51 »
"The best of all possible worlds"

Show Image

In case anyone was wondering, the new 6u centered spacebar mold works perfect on Novatouch'd keyboards!

How do you work around the Topre 6u stabilizer, though?

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #581 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 20:58:35 »

Show Image

Flickr

:cool:

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #582 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 21:20:40 »

Show Image

:eek: Love that partial plate, great boards as always!

Show Image

Which color clueboard is that?  The grey?  It looks really good!  I was thinking about putting it on my teal, but went with oblivion as I needed the 2U space to complete it, and the extras aren't up yet. :(
I believe that is actually an LZ ST

Simply by popping out both the original stabilizer assembly and replacing it with ones from the Novatouch! The original 6u stabilizer wire is retained. Wasn't sure it was even going to work until it was put back together since I don't think anyone else has tried this.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #583 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 11:30:49 »
hey is this likely to run again anytime soon?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #584 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 12:12:52 »
hey is this likely to run again anytime soon?

Definitely not.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #585 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 13:27:44 »
Extras are up on Keyclack... at an insane margin.

https://keyclack.com/product/gmksolarizeddark

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #586 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 16:30:29 »

Show Image

Flickr

Very nice!  Thanks for sharing!

Show Image

Show Image

:eek: Love that partial plate, great boards as always!

Show Image

I believe that is actually an LZ ST

Simply by popping out both the original stabilizer assembly and replacing it with ones from the Novatouch! The original 6u stabilizer wire is retained. Wasn't sure it was even going to work until it was put back together since I don't think anyone else has tried this.

Yes LZ ST. And did not know you could do that with Novatouch stabilzer housings

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 10:09:52 »
Keyset is mine -- featured on a commission VE.A build I just did.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #588 on: Mon, 23 July 2018, 11:41:02 »
I haven’t got anything from mykeyboard.eu in regards to the missing keycaps... what about you guys?

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #589 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 02:19:00 »
Though I don't mind, I haven't either
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline poolside

« Reply #590 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 17:15:04 »
Keyset is mine -- featured on a commission VE.A build I just did.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That last pic is beautiful  :thumb:

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #591 on: Fri, 08 February 2019, 19:14:27 »
If anyone has a set to sell, i am buying.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #592 on: Sat, 09 February 2019, 10:39:08 »

Offline break

« Reply #593 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 12:09:56 »
What's going on here - is this a new GB?

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #594 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 12:56:25 »

The title of the thread says "COMPLETE" and the link in the post before yours is to buy leftovers from the group buy.

So no.

Offline break

« Reply #595 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 15:40:12 »

The title of the thread says "COMPLETE" and the link in the post before yours is to buy leftovers from the group buy.

So no.

Did you click the link? Keyclack now shows "Opening Soon" on that page. I couldn't tell if they're relaunching a GB or their entire website, hence my question.

But thank you for the patronizing answer. :)

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #596 on: Mon, 08 July 2019, 17:57:28 »

So no.

Did you click the link? Keyclack now shows "Opening Soon" on that page. I couldn't tell if they're relaunching a GB or their entire website, hence my question.

But thank you for the patronizing answer. :)
  that's the KeyClack base page, not particular to Solarized Dark. Could just be a site revamp moving to Shopify.

Offline chestera

« Reply #597 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 13:22:27 »
any plans for r2?

Offline Varbil

• Danish 19 y/o that likes keebs :)
« Reply #598 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 01:45:12 »
+1

Offline actress

« Reply #599 on: Sun, 16 January 2022, 09:34:44 »