Author Topic: Houston Meetup IC  (Read 15840 times)

Offline wokechill

• ChillCaps
Houston Meetup IC
« on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 14:03:49 »
Hey yous GHers,

There was a Houston Mechanical Keyboard Meetup that was helf by u/thief60 on Reddit in May that was a great success, and in light of the successful Austin Meetup a few weeks ago, ThieF60 and I have decided to host another Houston Meetup in November (original reddit post here:https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6tnmcm/ic_houston_mechanical_keyboard_meetup_ii_at_txrx/ ) TXRX Labs (www.txrxlabs.org) is willing to host us for free, and right now based on feedback the meetup looks like it will be November 11th from 6pm to 10pm. I am a lurker on GH but would love to extend the invitation to GHers as well and hear what y'all think of the meetup! Let me know what dates and times would work best for y'all, and post if you'd like to attend!

I have made dye-sublimated PBT keycaps for the previous Houston MK Meetup and definitely plan to do the same for this meetup! We may make a meetup t-shirt as well, and we are approaching sponsors for giveaway items to make things fun! Since TXRX Labs is also extremely well-stocked with maker machines, we will also try to plasma cut a brass plate, CNC machine a wood case, and solder a keyboard DURING the meetup to demonstrate just how DIY you can get with just a hackerspace at your fingertips! If y'all have any other ideas you want integrated, please post!

Thanks for reading!

Offline wikkiwikki420

Re: Houston Meetup IC
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 21:45:22 »
Well...... Darn. I am in the north houston area..... I know I saw something about this back then... I was just not sure where when I went to go back and check it out. Anyways... Any future Houston meetups, and I would love to come out and attend and see some cool fun DIY projects in action. I have been on a buying spree this month trying to get caught up in the world of artisan caps. I believe the next step before i take my game up to the next level is seeing it done in person. Then get my hands dirty and start with a real DIY keyboard. I love the community and wish to make friends who have interests similar to mine.

My name is the same on reddit and just about everywhere else.

TTYL.
GMK Terror and GMK Slasher damn it.

Offline woodkeys

• Crafter of quality custom keyboards
    • WoodKeys.click
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 23:31:08 »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 15:12:49 »
There will also be a meetup in Houston again in May! Hopefully you can make it out!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 15:24:00 »
Y U NO Odessa/Midland/Lubbock/San Angelo??

???

If I were closer to Houston I would go.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 15:37:33 »

???

Lol, The benefit would only be that you could go, that area is so boring anyways...Went to Tech and only thing that kept me sane was hanging out with the Formula SAE guys and building cars. Don't think anyone would really travel there and if you really wanted a meet, it would probably only be a handful of people I would guess.

Whereas every other place is more easily accessible and much more of the populous would actually venture to meet.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 15:40:42 »

???

Lol, The benefit would only be that you could go, that area is so boring anyways...Went to Tech and only thing that kept me sane was hanging out with the Formula SAE guys and building cars. Don't think anyone would really travel there and if you really wanted a meet, it would probably only be a handful of people I would guess.

Whereas every other place is more easily accessible and much more of the populous would actually venture to meet.

Yeah, there is nothing to do here at all.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline TennisShoeNinja

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 08:33:10 »
2 more days ya'll! Woke and I are still receiving packages from the sponsors! 61 and counting!

Offline quazikun

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 07 June 2018, 19:57:31 »
2 more days ya'll! Woke and I are still receiving packages from the sponsors! 61 and counting!

excited for this! saw a picture of the loot so far on reddit, kind of crazy how much people have contributed, such an awesome community