Author Topic: Applying dry lube?  (Read 1952 times)

Offline Sick Robotron

Applying dry lube?
« on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 21:41:19 »
I recently purchased some Loudwolf Molybdenum Disulfide, which I have read is a decent dry lubricant for switch sliders. The problem is that I have no earthly idea what the best (or even a practical) way is to go about applying it. Does anyone have experience applying dry lube to sliders?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Applying dry lube?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 22:29:10 »
I’ll reply to bump this post.

I don’t have experience with dry lube, but I’ve read that people put the sliders in a plastic baggie and spray it in while shaking. 

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 01:52:43 »

I don’t have experience with dry lube, but I’ve read that people put the sliders in a plastic baggie and spray it in while shaking.

I don't think it works like that.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline JianYang

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 02:01:25 »

I don't think it works like that.

Haha, especially not with MoS2, that stuff is like printer toner!
I think the best way to apply would be to get it in some carrier fluid (that evaporates) and apply with a brush, or brush on dry.

Offline Sick Robotron

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 11:52:53 »
Hmm I’ve used a dry lubricant that started out as a liquid, but dries after a few hours. Didn’t love the results. The stuff I have now is an EXTREMELY fine powder. I wonder if the bag method would work for this stuff actually.

Offline kakan

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 13:09:33 »
I would assume using a fine brush for the MoS2. I've only used dry teflon before in a can and it gives a decent result both appling on the slider and the top housing on alps.