Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 9635 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 18:43:00 »
I just don't think their goals and attitudes line up with the goals of the LGB community as a whole.

How is it that you have formed an opinion on the subject to begin with, on such a specific subset of that particular acceptance movement ?

Because I'm a human living on planet Earth? I didn't know I wasn't qualified to have any opinions.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:02:01 »
Because I'm a human living on planet Earth? I didn't know I wasn't qualified to have any opinions.

Never said you weren't qualified to have an opinion.

The question is, how is it that NT has come to be so invested in the topic of the trans-gender social-movement.

NT mentioned it multiple times on this forum, thought it was just a passing news-reel the first few times, but it does seem NT possesses persistent interest in transgender politics.

That is the mystery Tp4 am interested in.

For example:

Tp4 never goes outside, Tp4 would never be exposed to basketball , to ask a specific basketball question, such as, which company makes the best basketball hoop nets.

If y'all guyzus ever see Tp4 ask about anything sp0rts related, Tp4 = Murdered + Accoutn Ha(ked.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:04:11 »
Both you guys are out of your minds  :p
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 19:59:51 »

NT mentioned it multiple times on this forum, thought it was just a passing news-reel the first few times, but it does seem NT possesses persistent interest in transgender politics.

Multiple times? I think it's the first time I've brought it up, but the gaming industry in the PNW has a surprising amount of LGBT people working in it. 95% of them are totally professional and know it has zero bearing on their work, ability to perform, and professional relationships.
Then there are the 5% who make everything about themselves. 100% of the time, at least in my experience, those who are self-centric and itching to file complaints always fall under the T label.

Whatever, it's an unpopular opinion, which is why it's here. Or is it unpopular because people feel scared and uneasy talking about race, politics, and sexuality at all so the very subject or having any differing opinion is considered wrong? No concepts are truly black and white.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 January 2020, 20:02:09 by noisyturtle »

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 01:31:26 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 02:38:00 »
hmmmmm

https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

A fair amount of common sense in there, and a point made by it's very existence in a place that's supposed to be on technical issues.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 08:01:07 »

I just don't think their goals and attitudes line up with the goals of the LGB community as a whole.

I thought that it is all about the "inalienable right" to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 25 January 2020, 12:23:42 »

It's a group identified by their sexual identity who are trying to get recognition, acceptance and equal rights - I'm not really sure how that's so different to be honest.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Kavik

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 13:46:40 »

It's a group identified by their sexual identity who are trying to get recognition, acceptance and equal rights - I'm not really sure how that's so different to be honest.

It is different though. The other letters are all groups differentiated by their sexual attraction, not their sexual identity (I get the feeling someone will say, "but sexual attraction is part of one's identity", which would seem like intentionally missing my point).

This is a whole different set of ideas that is a lot more confusing and nuanced than "I am a man who likes to have sex with men", for example, and thus slows down progress for the rest by lumping in that complexity. I think that's what he's getting at.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:01:12 »

groups differentiated by their sexual attraction, not their sexual identity

This is a whole different set of ideas that is a lot more confusing and nuanced

As a parent of college students in their 20s, I can tell you that "kids nowadays" are seemingly less obsessed with actually having sex than we were, and that the issues of (1) attraction, (2) activity, and (3) identity are quite distinct and important to them.

No, I do not understand it at all, even though I have tried hard, as a pure straight unadulterated unreformed "cis" male whose identity, attractions, desires, and expressions are all tightly knit, but I also understand that I do not understand this entirely different worldview that is so natural and effortless to kids today.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 21:00:27 »

groups differentiated by their sexual attraction, not their sexual identity

This is a whole different set of ideas that is a lot more confusing and nuanced

As a parent of college students in their 20s, I can tell you that "kids nowadays" are seemingly less obsessed with actually having sex than we were, and that the issues of (1) attraction, (2) activity, and (3) identity are quite distinct and important to them.

No, I do not understand it at all, even though I have tried hard, as a pure straight unadulterated unreformed "cis" male whose identity, attractions, desires, and expressions are all tightly knit, but I also understand that I do not understand this entirely different worldview that is so natural and effortless to kids today.

Fohat, except that my children are a half a generation older than yours, I could have written your comments. Why do you think there has been such a huge shift in recent generation’s perspectives? Do you think it’s biological, like chemicals in our food or the rapidly declining sperm and testosterone levels in boys? Disenchantment in the opposite sex caused by poor examples of failed relationships or an over abundance of options? The safety of living independent, virtual lives, without the messiness that comes with interpersonal relationships? Societal shifts in desired life goals? Maybe a combination of the above? I don’t know.

On a positive note, it’s  possible that this trend may self-correct the problem of over-population.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 06:14:34 »
Boba Fett is the most overrated character in the Star Wars universe.

He's also the best bounty hunter character in LST the complete saga so try me

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 07:33:21 »

The safety of living independent, virtual lives, without the messiness that comes with interpersonal relationships?

All of the above, but if I had to put my money on just one, it would be this.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 15:59:07 »

Clearly you've suffered some sort of brain malady, because as everyone knows IG-88 is the coolest bounty hunter. Boba didn't come within seconds of taking over a Death Star and destroying all organic life in the galaxy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 09:22:19 »

Clearly you've suffered some sort of brain malady, because as everyone knows IG-88 is the coolest bounty hunter. Boba didn't come within seconds of taking over a Death Star and destroying all organic life in the galaxy.

The death star does not have enough pwoer to do that.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 15:40:14 »

The death star does not have enough pwoer to do that.

With the DS they would assume control of manufacturing planets and build an army of DS in record time using AI-controlled droids. The Imperial engineers suck compared to a couple planets full of droids. Plus IG likely would have kept upgrading and improving, creating more and more of himself until his conscious was uploaded to nearly every droid in the galaxy. He was EASILY the most dangerous bounty hunter of that time (Dirge is long dead) and if not being in the wrong place at the wrong time would have succeeded. Stupid Rebels had their plans on non-linked outdated tech on Hoth, IG would have never known they were coming unless he'd ever been on Hoth before the attack.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 16:01:20 »

With the DS they would assume control of manufacturing planets and build an army of DS in record time using AI-controlled droids. The Imperial engineers suck compared to a couple planets full of droids. Plus IG likely would have kept upgrading and improving, creating more and more of himself until his conscious was uploaded to nearly every droid in the galaxy. He was EASILY the most dangerous bounty hunter of that time (Dirge is long dead) and if not being in the wrong place at the wrong time would have succeeded. Stupid Rebels had their plans on non-linked outdated tech on Hoth, IG would have never known they were coming unless he'd ever been on Hoth before the attack.

What is the Deathstar's maximum hyperspace speed ?

I don't think the distance between life expansion can be gaped.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 10:13:28 »
I hate the song Bohemian Rhapsody. I tried to like it when I was a teenager because it was the cool thing to do, but I really don't like it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 10:22:01 »
I hate the song Bohemian Rhapsody. I tried to like it when I was a teenager because it was the cool thing to do, but I really don't like it.

The song is trolling,  except in the 1980s in the boomers dum dum generation before internet.

The majority of modern music is of the same format.

The important question to ask is,  WHAT IS MUSIC ?

MUSIC,  is a form of (Brain) signal-gain and signal-hijacking,  identical to narcotics.

The very slight difference is, the gain is not excessively strong, such that it can be utilized to promote generally healthy information such as anti-slavery, anti-war.

In some cases, it can also be used in a therapeutic form, for amelioration of EVEN STRONGER signal hijacking/distortion/malignancy, such as actual-narcotics use, excessively stressful work environment, etc.

OUTSIDE of these utilities, music is a method of pleasure-circuitry hijacking to no fundamental good, bad, or purpose.

Tp4, piano since age 3.