Author Topic: [IC] Elongate (Mini 1800) (GB DONE, ORDER PLACED)  (Read 39115 times)

Offline fcoury

Re: [IC] Elongate (Mini 1800) (moving to USB-C/ARM/In Switch LED)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 22:08:56 »
I've been watching IC for a long time and thought its base plate was brass. However, today we checked the vendor to participate in GB and found that it is provided with an aluminum plate and cannot be replaced with brass.Should it be purchased additionally? I am unhappy that I have to buy two plates to choose brass. (It's the IC's maximum of $350, so why did the base plate become aluminum?) And if it's an aluminum plate, does it come in color to match the case? I'd appreciate it if you could give me more accurate data. I tried to participate in it, but it is now pending.

You are right, this was a misunderstanding on my part. If you want yours to come with the brass plate please PM me your order number and I’ll make it right for you. Apologies for the miscommunication.
What vendor did you try to buy it from. We have brass as the default plate, so there must be a misunderstanding. Please let me know and I'll check it for you.

All the vendor I checked are marking it as basic inclusion of aluminum plates. If that's not true, you'd better fix it quickly. (There must be someone who has placed unnecessary additional orders to get hold of brass plates.) After seeing your answer, I checked some vendors again, but they have not been modified. It is marked with aluminum. For example, Project Keyboard, Daily Clark, etc. As far as I've checked, all vendors.

Offline itsmartin

Re: [IC] Elongate (Mini 1800) (GB LIVE! - USB-C/ARM/In Switch LED)
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 22:33:03 »
Same here. Ordered from Daily Clack, was going to buy a separate brass plate but held off for a bit.

DC are still showing Aluminium on the product page as the plate material - Will the default actually be brass and vendors might just take some time to update their listing?

Might be best to clarify for anyone ordering different plates and even those who have placed orders. If someone actually did want an Alu plate and it is changed to brass by default they might be upset at the change. I'd welcome the change for my order - I'd much prefer my polycarb with a brass plate like in your build stream video.

Offline fcoury

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 22:38:39 »
Same here. Ordered from Daily Clack, was going to buy a separate brass plate but held off for a bit.

DC are still showing Aluminium on the product page as the plate material - Will the default actually be brass and vendors might just take some time to update their listing?

Might be best to clarify for anyone ordering different plates and even those who have placed orders. If someone actually did want an Alu plate and it is changed to brass by default they might be upset at the change. I'd welcome the change for my order - I'd much prefer my polycarb with a brass plate like in your build stream video.

Please PM me your order number and I’ll make it right.

Offline Eoen

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 07:39:51 »
Does anyone know which kits typically include the 1.75 enter key that we'll need for this board? Assuming that it's 40's, but this is my first time putting together something in this profile.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 10:51:20 »
I ordered from mykeyboard.eu and because it stated Alu plate I ordered an additional Carbon Fibre plate.  I would much prefer the brass plate to come as standard and I will also still keep the CF plate as well if that is possible.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 12:35:40 »
Does anyone know which kits typically include the 1.75 enter key that we'll need for this board? Assuming that it's 40's, but this is my first time putting together something in this profile.

1.75 enter is a common key in 40% kits. be sure to look at the renders/kits of a keyset before buying
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline brew

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 09 July 2020, 20:42:09 »
Any update on the vendors (Project Keyboard in my case) defaulting to Brass plates?

Seriously considering picking up a Blue with an extra CF plate in the next week or so if the default is the Brass.

Hopefully @fcoury isn't having to manually correct everyone's orders!

Offline SBboundBRONCOS

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 10:29:23 »
Hi ... love this board and ordering either the pc or blue. In your opinion, would the Blue go with either GMK Nord or Hammerhead? If both, which one do you think looks better?

Offline brew

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 11:16:24 »
Hi ... love this board and ordering either the pc or blue. In your opinion, would the Blue go with either GMK Nord or Hammerhead? If both, which one do you think looks better?

I've had similar struggle pairing the blue and was also thinking about going PC originally.  PC is definitely easier to find caps for, but that blue is so nice.

I've been thinking about Hammerhead, it should look good.  MrKeebs has a typing test with the blue using Solarized Dark on youtube.  To my eye Solarized Dark looks similar to Norde and looks really nice. 

Other thoughts:
- maybe upcoming KAT Monochrome (full WoB or BoW)
- SA Mizu / KAT Mizu (if that ever happens), I'm not personally an SA fan, but the color scheme should work.
- Modo2 with the blue accents might be ok?

I could see a bunch of stuff potentially working with the blue, but I'm definitely not as confident as with the PC.  It'll be fun to experiment with.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 14:51:04 »
Yeah the GB is live on vendors but no real update here from the OP that it’s live and that the default plate is now aluminium etc - it doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence.

I trust my local vendor so I assume they’ve got some faith and a bit more communication (maybe that’s some false hope?), but it’d be nice to see it here as well.

The default plate should be brass, I am talking with all the vendors to try to iron this out but I will keep you all posted.

Can't speak for OP, but got mine from Project Keyboard. Just checked again after reading your replies and it looks like the page was updated to mention that the kit is shipping with brass.
That's odd I'm seeing Aluminum plate for base kit on project keyboard

Offline Eoen

« Reply #110 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 16:14:01 »
Yeah the GB is live on vendors but no real update here from the OP that it’s live and that the default plate is now aluminium etc - it doesn’t fill me with a lot of confidence.

I trust my local vendor so I assume they’ve got some faith and a bit more communication (maybe that’s some false hope?), but it’d be nice to see it here as well.

The default plate should be brass, I am talking with all the vendors to try to iron this out but I will keep you all posted.

Can't speak for OP, but got mine from Project Keyboard. Just checked again after reading your replies and it looks like the page was updated to mention that the kit is shipping with brass.

You're right. I was looking at the mid-section description. Looks like the plate is still listed as ALU.

Offline thanatic

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 23:26:48 »

I asked Mr.Keebs on live stream today and he mentioned that he was mistaken and the vendors are correct that it comes with an aluminum switch plate in the base kit.

You're right. I was looking at the mid-section description. Looks like the plate is still listed as ALU.

Offline DabbyBear

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 19:52:36 »
Beautiful board, but I'll definitely have some trouble choosing between PC and plum. I'm on the edge of jumping in this GB, but I'm somewhat hesitant just looking at the previous replies referencing how the default plate isn't brass on the vendor pages, but Alu instead. Unless there's some clarification/update here or the vendors pages get fixed, I may have to hold off (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). I'd rather not get into a whole mix-up and then have to reach out just to have something fixed that has already been brought up by a bunch of people. Also, no GB page approved by the mods yet?

Offline jp5486

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 20:40:13 »
The mid plate that is visible is brass
the default switch plate is alu

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 20:40:36 »
Beautiful board, but I'll definitely have some trouble choosing between PC and plum. I'm on the edge of jumping in this GB, but I'm somewhat hesitant just looking at the previous replies referencing how the default plate isn't brass on the vendor pages, but Alu instead. Unless there's some clarification/update here or the vendors pages get fixed, I may have to hold off (and I'm sure I'm not the only one). I'd rather not get into a whole mix-up and then have to reach out just to have something fixed that has already been brought up by a bunch of people. Also, no GB page approved by the mods yet?

From what I understood it's just an issue with the website. The default option is brass
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 10:17:22 »
Really interested & debating if I should get it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 13:19:40 »
Who's the U proxy for this GB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wawa

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 14:24:05 »
Pretty sure I’m going to buy this, but can’t decide on an extra plate. This will be my first custom, and I want a deep “thock” sound. With the PC case and c3 tangerines, should I get the PC plate or the POM plate?

Offline QuokkaToa

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 02:31:43 »

From what I understood it's just an issue with the website. The default option is brass

Unfortunately not. I got this message when I PM'd him:
Hey there, sorry for all the misinformation. The default kit does come with an aluminum place and brass needs to be added as an extra.

Thanks!

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 07:10:32 »
Sharing pretty much the same concern as the the comments before me: ProjectKeyboard (and the other proxies) still state in their description that the default plate is Aluminum. I’m going to reach out to them and confirm if the default plate is actually Brass or not. I’m really hoping that all they have to do is update their description.

I may be a minority but even though I’ll still be purchasing an Elongate, I do want to mention that if there ever is an Elongate R2 in the future, I’d love to see a southpaw numpad and arrow keys configuration. In terms of efficiency, it makes a little bit more sense since it reduces the amount of time that one’s right hand is on and off the mouse, compared to the traditional orthodox numpad + arrow keys configuration. The Clarabelle Keyboard that recently ended its GB comes to mind. If this ever comes to fruition, I’d love to own an R2.

Offline desipalen

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 26 July 2020, 08:32:28 »
Such an interesting design! I love seeing something so different.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 08:43:44 »
Sharing pretty much the same concern as the the comments before me: ProjectKeyboard (and the other proxies) still state in their description that the default plate is Aluminum. I’m going to reach out to them and confirm if the default plate is actually Brass or not. I’m really hoping that all they have to do is update their description.

I may be a minority but even though I’ll still be purchasing an Elongate, I do want to mention that if there ever is an Elongate R2 in the future, I’d love to see a southpaw numpad and arrow keys configuration. In terms of efficiency, it makes a little bit more sense since it reduces the amount of time that one’s right hand is on and off the mouse, compared to the traditional orthodox numpad + arrow keys configuration. The Clarabelle Keyboard that recently ended its GB comes to mind. If this ever comes to fruition, I’d love to own an R2.

I mean, why not just buy a Clarabelle for your preference then?

Offline QuokkaToa

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 28 July 2020, 17:11:40 »

It does come with an aluminium plate. That's what he let me know when I PM'd him. (Quote from his PM higher above)

Offline fcoury

Re: [IC] Elongate (Mini 1800) (GB DONE, ORDER PLACED)
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 17:42:59 »
It's been a long time eh? So I figured I'd post an update:

So the GB was a major success. We sold around 250 units so wanted to thank you all for playing!

The order has been placed and as soon as I learn more or have any progress I'll post another update. Also, for everyone that asked on the past weeks: there will be extras!

Offline preets

• Engineer + musician w/ love for qmk customization
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 22:08:38 »
Awesome! I can't wait for mine!

Offline Koo

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 October 2020, 14:19:51 »
HOW DID I MISS THIS AHHHHHHHHHHH :'(