Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 306527 times)

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - (NA) Alu cases shipping; (EU) en route to CK
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 21:08:49 »
Give me a little time and I can mock up an ISO enter with a GMK set on my end.

Edit: Haven't put up extras yet. Am sorting out other things right now but will post here once they're up. Please don't email or PM me about extras.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 January 2020, 21:12:13 by reconsiderit »
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline weetjewel

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 99% Shipped
« Reply #701 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 13:40:43 »
So what's going on with the CK Southpaws?

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #702 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 19:15:24 »
Sorry for the bump. Just wanted to share interest in extras. Hoping for a full black or raw. Maybe both. Thanks.

Offline Nigolski

« Reply #703 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 19:28:59 »
So what's going on with the CK Southpaws?

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #704 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 02:59:37 »
Did you try this? I'm only getting this for an iso layout. If the enter is misaligned that's a huge bummer.

Also wanting an update from CK. Every time I email them they're like "oh yeah it's here, it's its shipping soon."

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #705 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 04:02:03 »
Did you try this? I'm only getting this for an iso layout. If the enter is misaligned that's a huge bummer.

I'm not sure if it's the "poorer" quality of the Tai Hao keycapset I have at home. Would be nice to know definetly if you could double check it please @reconsiderit. I wrapped my head around a GMK set and don't want to spend (too) much money on a keyset which could not be fitting

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #706 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 06:33:44 »
"99% shipped", I love being part of the 1%

Offline EitherEther

« Reply #707 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 19:55:54 »
Day 844.

No updates. No keyboards.

Will I ever get these keyboards? Will I forever regret not taking the refund?

Tomorrow is another day.

There I go being hopeful stupid again.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #708 on: Mon, 24 February 2020, 06:41:36 »
I have no idea why I have mine? (Which is laying unbuild in the drawer because that ISO compatibility isn't clear and there are absolutely no keycap sets available for a reasonable price)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #709 on: Wed, 26 February 2020, 03:56:23 »
Hey guys! We have ordered the leftover screws for this, again... We seem to not be hitting the right sizes. When they come we should not take long to ship things. We are aware after matching further orders, that some ALPS plates and silver plates are not available. We will write people when we know for sure.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #710 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 08:40:35 »

It took you longer to get this done instead of me finding an ISO keycap set from China while Corona is at it's peak - This means something. Again, I don't know your personal situation but don't say you do something and than do nothing and say nothing for 1.5 months. (After everything).

Anyways for you guys - I got my hands on a KBD Muted keycap set, this one fits. So far I've tested the original Pok3r keycap set (fits) and the KPRepublic Muted (fits) - Tai Hao Miami does not fit, so maybe be careful with that one. I still don't know why I didn't fit.

Here is a pic:

https://imgur.com/a/pgvLXUs

Hope you all get your keyboards soon :/

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #711 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 09:42:35 »

It took you longer to get this done instead of me finding an ISO keycap set from China while Corona is at it's peak - This means something. Again, I don't know your personal situation but don't say you do something and than do nothing and say nothing for 1.5 months. (After everything).

Anyways for you guys - I got my hands on a KBD Muted keycap set, this one fits. So far I've tested the original Pok3r keycap set (fits) and the KPRepublic Muted (fits) - Tai Hao Miami does not fit, so maybe be careful with that one. I still don't know why I didn't fit.

Here is a pic:

https://imgur.com/a/pgvLXUs

Hope you all get your keyboards soon :/

Thanks! This makes me more positive waiting for my ellusive CK delivery :)

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #712 on: Wed, 11 March 2020, 04:21:40 »
I keep my fingers crossed for you. I finished the build, types very well. Only thing missing is to program it (I dont have a magnet to reset it though haha, where the heck you guys all have a magnet in your home?:D

Plus, does anybody with a bent case knows what kind of screws I have to use to put on the acrylic diffusor?

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #713 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 11:58:40 »
I've made a port of QMK. I've included 2 versions of ansi and iso layouts.

default is 3x1U on right of spacebar
default2 is 2x1.5U on right of spacebar

default_iso is 3x1U on right of spacebar
default_iso2 is 2x1.5U on right of spacebar

Backlight, underglow and capslock leds are working. I'm not sure if there's anything else that needs to be corrected but you should be able to correct it yourself easily.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #714 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:07:31 »
Cool! Thanks :)

Can you the share the files with me or how does it work? I never programmed a full keyboard, only the layers of my Pok3r so I have no idea. (And no magnet) But a lot of time due to COVID :D

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #715 on: Mon, 16 March 2020, 12:23:19 »
Cool! Thanks :)

Can you the share the files with me or how does it work? I never programmed a full keyboard, only the layers of my Pok3r so I have no idea. (And no magnet) But a lot of time due to COVID :D

Ideally you should edit the keymap according to what you want and if you don't have a magnet, get something to short the reed switch to enter bootloader mode. The keymap for the attached compiled files is in the source files in the earlier attachment.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #716 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 02:40:41 »
Thank you! So I could use something like a cable and put in at the same time on those pins? :D

Thanks for the attachement, didn't notice it first.

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #717 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 03:19:54 »
Thank you! So I could use something like a cable and put in at the same time on those pins? :D

Thanks for the attachement, didn't notice it first.

Plug in the keyboard then get something to short the reed switch. You don’t have to short it while inserting the cable.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #718 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 07:01:40 »
Sorry, I meant more something like a paper clip or something that conduct...:D Like a copper cable

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #719 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 07:44:29 »
Southpaw Extended 65% for Dummies

01. Install the prerequisites Here:
       • Driver update using Zadig here. It might be optional but I ended up needing it.

Show Image

• Install the TKG Chrome App Chrome Extension here.
02. Choose a Layer 0 layout from keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE). Customize your keys with these Available Labels.
       • Southpaw 65+ Master and All Options (if you are going to edit and use this make sure to switch the Key Colors back to #cccccc)
       • Layout 1
03. Make a Layer 1 layout from keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE). Customize your keys with these Available Labels.
       • Blank Layout 1
04. Go to the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page here.
05. Set up your General information.
       • Click Config

Show Image

• Under Preset change Default to XD85 then click Close.

Show Image

06. Set up your Layer information. 
       • Go back to keyboard-layout-editor.com (KLE) and copy the info under </> Raw Data tab.

Show Image

Show Image

• From there go back to the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page and paste the info under Layer 0 and Layer 1.

Show Image

07. Set up the Fn information. (Place Fn1, Fn2, Fn3 and so on keys in your layouts to allow you to different functions such as layers, LEDs, and macros.)
       • For example, I have 2 layers and LEDs. I have Fn1 set to Layer 1 with Fn2, Fn3, and Fn4 set to LED options.
       • I have Layer 1 setup set to Fn1 as [Layer action > Momentary] + [layer 1]

Show Image

• [Others > Built-in function] + [RGB LED] + [Optional] is the RGBs on the back of the board.

Show Image

08. Set up your LED info.
       • LED1 is for your backlighting. Set the binding to None and check only the box that says backlight.
       • LED2 is for your caps lock LED.
       • LED3 is for your numlock LED.
       • LED4 is for your RGB backlight. Set that to active high, set the binding to None, and check only the box that says backlight.

Show Image

09. Now that you filled out all of the needed info it's time to flash these settings.
       • Reset the board by moving a magnet over the reset switch or by connecting the two pads if you've opted to snip it off. (It turns out that I can reset mine with it assembled by waving a magnet in between my LAlt and Space keys.)

Show Image

• On the TKG TMK Keymap Generator page at the bottom [Burn .hex file] will turn all the way green. Click on it to flash these settings.

Show Image

• Assuming everything went smoothly a bar will pop up with 2 parts letting you know it's complete.

Show Image

This was my 1st build and I found it a bit hard to understand what was what. So I made this to help out the newbs like myself. Note that TKG TMK Keymap Generator page will not compile or flash if there is something that doesn't make sense in the layout. Check if the later box is outlined in red and click it to see any problems that you need to resolve. I would have taken the time to make every possible combination but KLE doesn't let me save as so it keeps overwriting the other layouts I made. If you would like to have you layouts for Layer 0 and Layer 1 under steps 3 and 4 let me know and I will update this post.

@pegasus21 where do I start with this guide and your files? Where do I upload/enter the .c file from you? Could you help me out here again please?

EDIT: Wait
- These instructions are saying "TKG" but your filename says QMK? Arent those two kind of software to program a keeb?
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2020, 08:18:16 by ktrezzi »

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #720 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:08:19 »
@pegasus21 where do I start with this guide and your files? Where do I upload/enter the .c file from you? Could you help me out here again please?

- These instructions are saying "TKG" but your filename says QMK? Arent those two kind of software to program a keeb?

Yes they are both to program a kb. The original firmware that is supported by this kb is based on TMK.

I made a QMK port for this board.

If all you want is to program the kb and don't care about what firmware you're using, then you can follow the instructions you pasted for TMK.

If you need help in setting up the QMK build and flashing environment, I suggest reading the QMK documentation. They are quite detailed in how to get you started.

https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_getting_started
https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_building_firmware
https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_flashing

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #721 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:19:30 »

Yes they are both to program a kb. The original firmware that is supported by this kb is based on TMK.

I made a QMK port for this board.

If all you want is to program the kb and don't care about what firmware you're using, then you can follow the instructions you pasted for TMK.

If you need help in setting up the QMK build and flashing environment, I suggest reading the QMK documentation. They are quite detailed in how to get you started.

https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_getting_started
https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_building_firmware
https://docs.qmk.fm/#/newbs_flashing

Thank you for the additional information. I already bookmarked the QMK links but I was not sure if I understood that correctly that you did a QMK port. I try it with QMK, documentation looks "better" :D

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #722 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:23:31 »
Thank you for the additional information. I already bookmarked the QMK links but I was not sure if I understood that correctly that you did a QMK port. I try it with QMK, documentation looks "better" :D

Technically if you just want to try QMK with the keymaps I supplied, you can just flash QMK with one of the hex files I've included in the linked post https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.msg2876531#msg2876531

In your case, the layout that you can use is default_iso. The mapping of the keys around the right of spacebar and the right most column are a bit different but layout is the same.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:39:57 by pegasus21 »

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 09:50:27 »
The thing is I have absolutely no idea about that, like zero. So I have to read the QMK links in any case cause I dont even know how to flash QMK with the Hex files ;)

EDIT: I made it  :D Like you said, I just flashed it onto the board. I am testing right with QMK Config and everything is working - Thank you very much!!
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 March 2020, 11:41:47 by ktrezzi »

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #724 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:43:16 »
Hey guys! We have ordered the leftover screws for this, again... We seem to not be hitting the right sizes. When they come we should not take long to ship things. We are aware after matching further orders, that some ALPS plates and silver plates are not available. We will write people when we know for sure.

Any updates CandyKeys?

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #725 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 22:53:25 »
The thing is I have absolutely no idea about that, like zero. So I have to read the QMK links in any case cause I dont even know how to flash QMK with the Hex files ;)

EDIT: I made it  :D Like you said, I just flashed it onto the board. I am testing right with QMK Config and everything is working - Thank you very much!!

That's good to know that the ISO layout works as intended. If you want, you can modify the keymap file under the default_iso folder to suit your needs and then compile the hex for it.

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #726 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 05:33:38 »
Works like a charm :)

I don't think I have to make any changes tbh - But it was a good to occupy myself a bit with QMK. Would you mind if I do an absolute foolprof (for noobs like me) flash instruction with your file and QMK here for this thread?

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #727 on: Wed, 18 March 2020, 05:35:49 »
Works like a charm :)

I don't think I have to make any changes tbh - But it was a good to occupy myself a bit with QMK. Would you mind if I do an absolute foolprof (for noobs like me) flash instruction with your file and QMK here for this thread?

You could but you might want to wait till it has been added into QMK source tree. Then hopefully it has QMK configurator support which would make it easier to modify keymaps

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #728 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 03:54:54 »
Okay :)

You know what would be nice? I think I am going to put the arrow keys on a second layer to WASD, same as I have it with my Pok3r. Would this be useful?

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #729 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 03:57:20 »
Okay :)

You know what would be nice? I think I am going to put the arrow keys on a second layer to WASD, same as I have it with my Pok3r. Would this be useful?
That's the whole idea of running a firmware that allows you to customise the keymap to your preference. Go wild with it.

If you're unable to do so, then just wait for the source to be merged into QMK then you can easily customise it on the QMK configurator.

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #730 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 04:20:55 »
ive got my hands on a bent plate kit atm, was hoping to find some reliable files online for possible printing/laser cutting a high-profile case for this bad boy. if anyone knows of any please let me know!

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #731 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 04:23:12 »
ive got my hands on a bent plate kit atm, was hoping to find some reliable files online for possible printing/laser cutting a high-profile case for this bad boy. if anyone knows of any please let me know!

Reconsiderit did share this on discord

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/446011953060773889/458814317077331998/Southpaw_65_Plate_Universal_Rev.F.step

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #732 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 15:18:44 »
It would be somewhat cool if the bent case would fit into a certain high-profile case :D Like a 2 in 1 solution

Offline pegasus21

« Reply #733 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 19:22:12 »
I've managed to get it added to QMK so you can also find it on the configurator.

I'm not sure why the keymap doesn't show up on the configurator but the layout is there so you can manually map the keys.

https://config.qmk.fm/#/switchplate/southpaw_65/LAYOUT_all

Should be relatively simple for most users to use QMK then.

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #734 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 02:14:29 »
All your programing enthusiasm is making me a little bit excited again, but still no word from candykeys and an empty mailbox here  :confused:

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #735 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 22:03:23 »
It would be somewhat cool if the bent case would fit into a certain high-profile case :D Like a 2 in 1 solution

if you ever figure that out let me know!!

Offline ktrezzi

« Reply #736 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 05:08:09 »
I usually would have access to a "maker space" in my city so I will definetely check this out if ****ing Covid is over :) Maybe a frosted acrylic case would look cool.

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 23:14:59 »

When do you expect to be shipping out your orders with the screws?

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #738 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 01:12:52 »

When do you expect to be shipping out your orders with the screws?

I would love to know this aswell. Ordering screws doesn't take months.

Offline green_mmq

« Reply #739 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 01:41:59 »
Hey folks. Wondering if I can get some help troubleshooting. I had my southpaw flashed and assembled. It worked fine for about a week or two but now whenever I plug it in, it appears one of the keys is constantly being pressed. It will just input "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" forever and ever. I know nothing about keyboard programming, I just like typing on them. I'm willing to learn and try stuff out. No idea where to start on something like this though. Any advice?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #740 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 06:00:25 »
Update on my end as I've emailed candykeys and they're checking through what items they have on-hand. I'm not sure why this is happening as they should've checked and counted when the keyboards arrived and told me or manu about any missing parts but it seems like that wasn't done.

I'm holding off on selling what extras I have as I don't want anyone to be SOL and not have anything in hand after two (almost three) years of waiting.

I sent them hardware specs a really long while back and posted them in discord also. Please see below if you need hardware.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzW35722LaaxbYut-EYNpxquPWcZq40x9o-8dkqCLGo/edit?usp=sharing

Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline thejuicebox

« Reply #741 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 12:38:42 »
Update on my end as I've emailed candykeys and they're checking through what items they have on-hand. I'm not sure why this is happening as they should've checked and counted when the keyboards arrived and told me or manu about any missing parts but it seems like that wasn't done.

I'm holding off on selling what extras I have as I don't want anyone to be SOL and not have anything in hand after two (almost three) years of waiting.

I sent them hardware specs a really long while back and posted them in discord also. Please see below if you need hardware.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzW35722LaaxbYut-EYNpxquPWcZq40x9o-8dkqCLGo/edit?usp=sharing

Boyyyyyy what I would do to get my hands on one of your extra Aluminum Cases!!! Love my bent case but god would I kill for the aluminum case

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #742 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 12:54:25 »

Boyyyyyy what I would do to get my hands on one of your extra Aluminum Cases!!! Love my bent case but god would I kill for the aluminum case

I would love to get my hands on my first bent plate :D
I guess candykeys soon will have mined all the ore they need to make the screws.

Offline EitherEther

« Reply #743 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 14:15:43 »

Any update on the orders yet to be fulfilled from Switchplate?! What is the delay?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #744 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 23:33:27 »

Any update on the orders yet to be fulfilled from Switchplate?! What is the delay?

I have two orders on hand that are waiting for plates since there was a mistake on my end when submitting an order. I should have sent an email to these two orders. If you haven't or did not get one, please contact me asap and I'll get you sorted out.

switchplate.co

Offline speaktobrett

« Reply #745 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 18:13:21 »

Yeah CandyKeys really need to get their act together... this is beyond a joke now.
I'm at the point where I just want to forget about this groupbuy.

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #746 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 04:02:53 »
I just want this nonsense to be over, it's unnaceptable that there's people that still don't have anything and talk of selling extras is already being discussed.

Offline grossvogel

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 03:09:36 »
Hey @CandyKeys, how about you ship our keyboards to us as they are, and let us source missing hardware on our own?

Or, you know, you can keep our keyboards and refund us instead. At this point, I don't really care anymore.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 05:44:25 by grossvogel »

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #748 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 03:00:26 »
Hey @CandyKeys, how about you ship our keyboards to us as they are, and let us source missing hardware on our own?

Or, you know, you can keep our keyboards and refund us instead. At this point, I don't really care anymore.

I still want my bent plate! I think the money lost due to inflation would be worse. It would have been a better investment just buying beer, then we could get some bottle deposit back  ;D

Offline weetjewel

« Reply #749 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 01:14:46 »
I emailed CK and apparently they are sending out things this week by the looks of it.