Author Topic: [IC] GMK Dragon Witch | GB DATE CONFIRMED!  (Read 15137 times)

Offline Kiririn

[IC] GMK Dragon Witch | GB DATE CONFIRMED!
« on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 12:29:08 »
GMK Dragon Witch

Hello everybody and welcome to the IC for GMK Dragon Witch.
GMK Dragon Witch is inspired by a certain vengeful witch. Fate must have brought you are here so please do go have a look around.
3 custom colors used in the creation of this set.

GB Date? May 20, 2024

Pricing
Base Kit: $125 USD (250 MOQ)
Hiragana Kit: $55 USD (100 MOQ)
Novelties Kit: $50 USD (150 MOQ)

Vendors

US - Mekibo
Canada - DeskHero
SA - Fancy Customs
EU - Oblotzky Industries
UK - Prototypist
SEA/Asia- Kibou
OCE - DailyClack

GMK Dragon Witch IC Form

Discord Server

Kits

Base Kit

Hiragana Alphas kit

Novelties kit

Renders

VengeurTKL by Bachoo

Ouroboros by Bachoo

TXCP by TX Keyboards

Collaborations

Feel free to reach out to me through discord: kirinodere
Current confirmed collabs:
Melonkeys
Latrialum
DeagCaps
shirouu.kaps
Keyzen

Special Thanks
Bachoo for the initial advice at the start of the project and creating all of the beautiful renders.
Stellaidoscope for the stellar work put into the novelties.
Zxzu for putting this idea into my head.
RemineTheCat for being my guinea pig for bouncing ideas off of.
All of the H------i people for making a meme out of my misfortunes while making this set and all the input given.
Every vendor that has picked up this set.

If you like the set, please consider filling out the IC Form and leave any feedback you may have!

GMK Dragon Witch IC Form

Discord Server
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 April 2024, 12:47:04 by Kiririn »

Offline Kiririn

Re: [IC] GMK Dragon Witch
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 12:30:04 »
Q&A

Why is it Latin base instead of Hiragana base?
The set originally started out as a Hiragana base but people who I showed the set to loved the colors but wouldn't buy due to not having a Latin base. With a 50/50 split between Latin base and Hiragana base (this is still true with the initial release of the IC form), Latin base with Hiragana alphas kit was the best option to appease both sides. Also as a bonus for the Hiragana alpha people, they can use it for 2 boards if they wish since I added an extra tab.

Can you have a separate spacebar kit with accent spacebars as well?
To not bump up the MOQ for the base kit, a separate spacebar kit will not be offered at this time. However if responses towards the Hiragana alphas kit don't reach an acceptable amount to warrant running it, a spacebars kit will be considered. I am currently trying to avoid such a situation where spacebars have their separate kit as these are often the deadstock that vendors have after extras.

Why don't you move the accent arrows to the base kit?
Accent arrows were placed in the Novelties kit due to concerns about pricing and the viability of everything fitting into the GMK packaging for a base kit. Pricing is no longer an issue but adding 4 more keys causes the concern of everything not being able to fit in the standard 2 GMK trays.

Can you make the alpha colors lighter?
I have attempted lighter alpha legend colors only for it to come out pretty ugly. I also want to keep it at 3 colors as adding another color would add an extra roadblock during the color matching phase if something goes wrong.

Why not use UV printing for hiragana sublegends?
UV Print/Pad Print = bad. I don't think you want the extra cost associated with having this just for a kit.

The price is quite high. Will it be lower with a higher MOQ?
Yes for 500 MOQ there will be a price decrease for the base kit, but as of now I only expect to hit 250 MOQ.

It doesn't even match up with the theme at all!
Everything was extensively colormatched with a physical RAL chart and physical reference material right at the start of the project. I have gotten responses that have said it looks like Discord to it looks like a different character. Please do note that unless your screen is calibrated for color accuracy, you may see the modifier color from anywhere from a blue to a black. What I physically have on my RAL chart is a very dark violet color. As for the accent color, it was taken off a flower accent piece that is being used in the novelties.

Can you make a Hiragana & Spacebars combo kit?
Unfortunately this cannot be done due to the sheer cost of the kit. Adding another possible $20 USD to the $55 USD kit will not be viable as it will be more than 60% of the base kit price after adjustments. As of right now, responses for the Hiragana alphas kit fall in line with the MOQ size that was set despite initial doubts if it would make it.

R5 please?
R5 will not be available as I do not want to add any further cost to the base kit.

Can the Hiragana alphas kit be changed to an alt/dark alphas?
I have considered doing such a kit but I have decided to not do so. While both are $55 USD, the alt/dark alphas would need to be Latin resulting in Hiragana alpha enjoyers losing interest especially when this was originally a Hiragana only set. I could have 3 different alpha kits (dark Latin & light/dark Hiragana) but that is not feasible at all.

What about making all the alphas with the same colors as the modifier keys in the base kit?
This would become a GMK Amethyst dark base set then with different legend colors. I won't be doing that because of that reason.

Delete the Hiragana kit and make the base kit have hiragana alphas.
This will most likely not happen as per the answer provided on the first Q&A still holds true even after 2 weeks of the IC form being up. There is a notably sized group that have shown interest in getting only the Latin base kit which wouldn't be there if I have made a Hiragana base kit.

ISO-ES/NORDEUK/Other regional support?
Due to GMK MOQ restrictions this will not happen. I also do not see a path for the International kit where it can hit the minimum 100 MOQ without a large amount of extras from both the UK and EU vendors. ISO support has been provided in the base kit as a result.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2024, 22:38:55 by Kiririn »

Offline baka jiken

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 14:10:15 »
Looks great! :eek:

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 14:20:13 »
I'm already excited for GMK Abyssal for Skadi, but now we have a set for Jalter? I'm definitely joining Day 1 or GB. 

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 14:30:54 »
Any chances for a Jeanne set or an Alt Mod Kit? (ironic considering who the alter is)

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 16:17:51 »
Any chances for a Jeanne set or an Alt Mod Kit? (ironic considering who the alter is)

Unfortunately there are no plans for such a set nor will there be an Alt Mod Kit due to it not fitting in with this set colorwise. I may or may not do one in the future but it won't be anytime soon.

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 16:20:42 »
Unfortunate but understandable. Glad at least one of them is getting keycap treatment. G'luck with everything

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 17:45:00 »
thank you for latin base kit

Offline fuster

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 18:07:32 »
Looks really really good

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 18:39:30 »
I have no association with FGO but I love J'eanne Alter. The set also reminds me of GMK amethyst.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 06 February 2024, 22:02:06 »
Brother just find a gmk moon dust set on mm

Offline Lolipopu

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 00:16:03 »
without novelties there’s nothing Jeanne

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 14:40:14 »
Brother just find a gmk moon dust set on mm

If you fund the price of the set then sure! Joking aside, I never liked the legend color that was used on the alphas and modifiers on that set. Also that set used Pantone colors while this set is using different RAL colors.

without novelties there’s nothing Jeanne

Thanks for the input. Please elaborate more on this. Is it the colors being used? Do note that everything has been extensively color matched using physical RAL color charts and physical reference materials that I had on hand.

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 February 2024, 17:04:06 »

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 09 February 2024, 19:38:43 »

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 03:05:44 »
glwic

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 08:12:16 »
I filled out the IC form.

Offline Lysol_

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 10:25:40 »
I like this a lot, +1 for more purple sets being designed. glwic

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 10 February 2024, 19:51:05 »

yup, purple looks good on everything 
need more purple sets

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 13 February 2024, 14:00:21 »
Thank you all for all the feedback in this past 1 week! Most concerns/questions that have been posted on the IC Form and Discord have been answered on the Q&A section of this IC.

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 14 February 2024, 02:55:01 »

yup, purple looks good on everything 
need more purple sets

purple is the best color. uwu

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 13:28:28 »
Questions regarding International support and removing the Hiragana alphas kit for a Hiragana base have been answered in the Q&A!

Offline TimeRelapse

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:16:29 »
Interesting to see so many spacebars in the base kit, any plans for 1.5u supers?

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 21:41:00 »
Interesting to see so many spacebars in the base kit, any plans for 1.5u supers?

There are currently no plans for 1.5u supers at this moment due to most people opting to use the 1.5u novelties in place of the supers. However, if I were to add them to the base kit, I do have concerns that it might not fit in the standard 2 GMK trays.

Offline LMarci

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 05:54:48 »
Pretty set ngl

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 03 March 2024, 17:12:03 »
Samples have arrived and have been approved!

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 March 2024, 08:00:31 »
Oblotzky has been announced as the EU vendor for this set!

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 March 2024, 16:00:54 »
Fancy Customs has been added as the SA vendor for this set.

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 11 March 2024, 13:54:51 »
Please consider Korean vendor such as Swagkey or Geonworks

For those in South Korea, I have attempted to get a KR vendor with not much success. Kibou will be the vendor for this area.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2024, 14:21:44 by Kiririn »

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 18 March 2024, 14:02:37 »
DeagCaps and shirouu.kaps artisan collabs have been confirmed!

Regarding the Hiragana in base comments that come once every 25 IC Form entries, I want to reach MOQ for this set and this requires having a Latin base. If you wish to have Hiragana sublegends, there is the Hiragana alphas child kit. Also please refer to the first entry in the Q&A on this issue as I've addressed this at the start.

Offline C_L | Soup

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 18 March 2024, 21:14:11 »
DeagCaps and shirouu.kaps artisan collabs have been confirmed!

Regarding the Hiragana in base comments that come once every 25 IC Form entries, I want to reach MOQ for this set and this requires having a Latin base. If you wish to have Hiragana sublegends, there is the Hiragana alphas child kit. Also please refer to the first entry in the Q&A on this issue as I've addressed this at the start.

Shirouu lets goooooooooo

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 19 March 2024, 12:18:22 »
Please consider a SEA vendor as well

Kibou is already the SEA vendor for this set. It was much easier to put them down as Asia as they will be shipping to KR as well.

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 21 March 2024, 13:31:59 »
Keyzen artisan collab has been confirmed!

Alee Keycaps has been given the color codes to make a sculpt if he wishes to do so in the future. If you wish to see an Alee sculpt, hop into his discord if you are interested.
https://discord.com/invite/UqatwUMX

To get the hiragana, I’d have to buy separately right?
This is correct as the Hiragana alphas are a separate kit from the Base kit. You would still place them in the same order whenever the GB comes around.

Offline lexiphea

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 06:28:10 »
What's the design choice for using cream/beige? It looks fine with it, but if you're basing it off of Jeanne Alter doesn't it make more sense for it to be white? Without any novelties it really doesn't seem like a Jeanne Alter set. For a weeb set, why is the hiragana set an EXTRA purchase and not the latin set?

Offline Kiririn

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 29 March 2024, 14:56:45 »
What's the design choice for using cream/beige? It looks fine with it, but if you're basing it off of Jeanne Alter doesn't it make more sense for it to be white? Without any novelties it really doesn't seem like a Jeanne Alter set. For a weeb set, why is the hiragana set an EXTRA purchase and not the latin set?

With the amount of variations, I am in a lose-lose situation for whichever color variation I pick since there will always be someone who complains about the color. As stated in the Q&A section, this was physically color matched with a physical official figure with me lightening the cream/beige closer to white because it was several shades darker and I knew people would complain. I will not use WS1 as I am not making GMK Amethyst R2.

As for your Hiragana alphas question that can be reworded as why isn't this a Hiragana base, is also answered in the Q&A section and prior responses on this IC. I will state it here again. I had a good amount of people who wanted a Latin base and would not buy if it was in a separate kit. With the current state of GBs, a Latin base was required for this set to hit MOQ.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 March 2024, 14:58:23 by Kiririn »

Offline Kiririn

Re: [IC] GMK Dragon Witch | GB DATE CONFIRMED
« Reply #35 on: Sat, 20 April 2024, 12:46:48 »
GB date has been confirmed for May 20, 2024!