Author Topic: [IC] Carbon Keyset  (Read 241321 times)

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] Carbon Keyset
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:32:47 »
Would like to share with you some Pictures of Carbon in Production. I got these photos from Melissa. Thank you Melissa  ;D
http://imgur.com/a/xhRPC

The caption on that top image breaks my heart.  If there's a round 2, can a row 4 shift pack be a part of it?

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 11:50:00 »
Would like to share with you some Pictures of Carbon in Production. I got these photos from Melissa. Thank you Melissa  ;D

The caption on that top image breaks my heart.  If there's a round 2, can a row 4 shift pack be a part of it?

If round 2 happens row 4 shifts are going to be the default. For this round, row 4 shifts will be purchasable on PMK Store or MassDrop.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #352 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:13:13 »
Those look great. Now I'm even more disappointed that I had to cancel my order at the last minute do to finances. Hoping this will hit pmk like jukebox.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 12:20:42 »
I did not realize this was ending last night and did not place an order  :'(
Oh well, I have a few other SA sets coming, and I can try to pick this up on the classifieds once it ships.

A few? There are tons of SA sets coming.

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:02:35 »

If round 2 happens row 4 shifts are going to be the default. For this round, row 4 shifts will be purchasable on PMK Store or MassDrop.

Do you know the cost of them yet? Just made a big order from PMK, guess that'll justify me spending more ;)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:09:33 »

Do you know the cost of them yet? Just made a big order from PMK, guess that'll justify me spending more ;)

Most probably they will sell row 4 shift in packs (all shift variations). I guess it will cost 20-30 bucks maybe even more.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 00:12:44 »
ahhh i missed this GB :(
will this keyset available on PMK like jukebox? :p
i really like this set :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #357 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 10:44:29 »

I didn't signed the new PMK rules, so i guess not. But it will be possible to buy some leftovers at MD Bazzaar.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 22:21:57 »

I didn't signed the new PMK rules, so i guess not. But it will be possible to buy some leftovers at MD Bazzaar.

owh at MD bazzaar, hope i wont miss it.
but still wish will be available on PMK.
and,, are the caps already finished? or still in production?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #359 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 23:38:44 »
Caps are still in production, are expected to ship to Massdrop on the 30th (as of the update on the 17th of this month)
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #360 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 02:23:43 »

owh at MD bazzaar, hope i wont miss it.
but still wish will be available on PMK.
and,, are the caps already finished? or still in production?

I think caps are already finished. Right now they do the front printing on led windowed keys.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #361 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 02:32:41 »
Caps are still in production, are expected to ship to Massdrop on the 30th (as of the update on the 17th of this month)

I think caps are already finished. Right now they do the front printing on led windowed keys.

so its nearly finished, glad to hear, now i just put in reminder next month to check everday on MD and PMK :cool:

Offline dthai17

« Reply #362 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 22:58:28 »
Freaking gorgeous! I hope there's a second round or I score off of the leftovers on massdrop.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 17:02:19 »
MD has started with shipping Carbon. Please if you receive your Carbon post some pictures and give me some feedback and critics. But stay classy or you end up in gulag! :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 December 2015, 17:06:12 by T0mb3ry »

Offline zslane

« Reply #364 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 12:28:34 »
I guess a delay of only two months is ahead of the average...consider yourselves fortunate.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #365 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 15:47:56 »
I guess a delay of only two months is ahead of the average...consider yourselves fortunate.
I think it can happen even faster if you look at Jukebox. But yes compared to other sets its quite minor delay...
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 December 2015, 16:07:37 by T0mb3ry »

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #366 on: Tue, 15 December 2015, 23:46:51 »
I got my notification from MD that mine is shipping!
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #367 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 00:22:05 »
I got my notification from MD that mine is shipping!

Let me be the first to say.....Me too!

Offline harlw

« Reply #368 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 00:23:55 »
There is an actual set up on reddit, on a board.
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline prava

« Reply #369 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 06:20:14 »

Thanks for including the link so we can follow the topic on reddit!

Offline harlw

« Reply #370 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 06:41:01 »

Thanks for including the link so we can follow the topic on reddit!
Blasphemy!

http://www.reddit.com/r/mechanicalkeyboards/comments/3x0cyn/_/
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 17:09:04 »
Hey T0mb3ry, do you have an idea when SP will be producing the R4 shifts?
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 17:26:03 »
Hey T0mb3ry, do you have an idea when SP will be producing the R4 shifts?
Actually not but i will ask Melissa as soon as R4 shifts will appear at PMK store.

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:03:58 »
I was asked to give some initial thoughts on Carbon SA, but first some pics:

The colors are perfect together. I've always been a fan of orange and black/dark grey/charcoal, but what I ended up liking the most were the alpha keys. The off white/beige is wonderful and the legends are crisp and large.

The colors were pretty accurate when matched with the renders on the MD page. The orange is not as bright as the pictures suggested, but that is a major plus IMO.

Aesthetically, SA profile is my absolute favorite. It just looks so damn sexy on any board. For me, SA is the only thing that should be put on an Ergodox...it just completes the look.

Quite a few keys had a marks on them (small scratches, discoloration, etc), but nothing bad enough for me to really care. Luckily, none of the blemishes were on top of keys.

A personal thought about the profile: If I had to choose a profile to live with for the rest of my life it would be Cherry. Having said that, typing on SA is just fine and I have no real problem with it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:25:45 »
I was asked to give some initial thoughts on Carbon SA, but first some pics:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The colors are perfect together. I've always been a fan of orange and black/dark grey/charcoal, but what I ended up liking the most were the alpha keys. The off white/beige is wonderful and the legends are crisp and large.

The colors were pretty accurate when matched with the renders on the MD page. The orange is not as bright as the pictures suggested, but that is a major plus IMO.

Aesthetically, SA profile is my absolute favorite. It just looks so damn sexy on any board. For me, SA is the only thing that should be put on an Ergodox...it just completes the look.

Quite a few keys had a marks on them (small scratches, discoloration, etc), but nothing bad enough for me to really care. Luckily, none of the blemishes were on top of keys.

A personal thought about the profile: If I had to choose a profile to live with for the rest of my life it would be Cherry. Having said that, typing on SA is just fine and I have no real problem with it.

Thank you very much  for your feedback.

I am glad the colors match the renders as this was my biggest concern since i couldn't get any color chips from SP at that time. I ordered some chips for Yuri already.

In regards of Alpha Colors beige: despite the orange crazines nowadays i think personally Carbon looks with beige alphas the best. Beige calms the whole orange down makes it interessting, classy and elegant. Just my POV. Nothing against orange :)

Hmmm. Scratches... Hope this will be very rare issue. TA like problems could be devastating.

I still have to taste cherry profile. I am awaiting DATA+. But right now SA is my most prefered profile so far.

And damn that ergodox. Someday i'll get one too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 December 2015, 15:48:27 by T0mb3ry »

Offline VentureG

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 17:45:22 »
A carbon SA keycap typing test with 65g Zealios!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:36:15 »
A carbon SA keycap typing test with 65g Zealios!

Thank you for the reply and your video.  :thumb: Though my favorite part is the intro. Dont know why, but i have to stare at the C key every time i see it...
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:37:50 by T0mb3ry »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:43:51 »
T0mb3ry, do you know if there will be any sets going up on Signature Plastics site like there were with Jukebox? I was on the fence when these dropped, but I definitely feel like I missed out now that I've seen the finished product. Congrats on the great design coming out so well.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:54:08 »
T0mb3ry, do you know if there will be any sets going up on Signature Plastics site like there were with Jukebox? I was on the fence when these dropped, but I definitely feel like I missed out now that I've seen the finished product. Congrats on the great design coming out so well.

Thanks!

If you are about Jukebox then afaik Livingspeedbump will make another round. Check his IC thread for Round 2: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71508.350
In your case i would wait until Jukebox round 2 it will be greater then before thats for sure :)

Like always dont look just at renderers you have to imagine how its going to look in RL. And from my experience RL keysets looks always better than their renders and that by far.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:56:44 by T0mb3ry »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 18:59:54 »

Thanks!

If you are about Jukebox then afaik Livingspeedbump will make another round. Check his IC thread for Round 2: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71508.350
In your case i would wait until Jukebox round 2 it will be greater then before thats for sure :)

Like always dont look just at renderers you have to imagine how its going to look in RL. And from my experience RL keysets looks always better than their renders and that by far.

I think you may have misunderstood my question. When Jukebox shipped, there were extra sets that went up on Massdrop and Signature plastics. Will the same thing happen with Carbon?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:13:04 »

Thanks!

I think you may have misunderstood my question. When Jukebox shipped, there were extra sets that went up on Massdrop and Signature plastics. Will the same thing happen with Carbon?

Hah ups sorry i am quite out of shape. Its late in germany. Yes i am sure MD will offer Carbon leftothers at Bazaar. Also try to check PMK frequently they could sell also some Carbon leftothers. You have to know those do not last that long. Jukebox leftothers were sold out in minutes for example.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #381 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:45:03 »

sent a message to pmk asking about this last week.

Answer: "No, we are not planning on selling Carbon sets on our site..."

sad day for all  :(

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 19:46:50 »

sent a message to pmk asking about this last week.

Answer: "No, we are not planning on selling Carbon sets on our site..."

sad day for all  :(

Bummer. Hopefully Massdrop will have some leftovers then.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #383 on: Tue, 22 December 2015, 23:10:49 »
121286-0

Sorry for the potato.

This is my first experience with SA keycaps.  Having seen multiple photos of SA keycaps, I sometimes noticed what appeared to be keys that were not perfectly aligned.  I thought it may have been due to camera perspective but some images looked like the deviation was to great to be accounted for by camera perspective and that there was a manufacturing issue with SA; maybe a flaw in the molds or tooling.  So, as the delivery date approached, I began to get nervous.  I dropped a lot of cash on this set, so that I could use it when I build my custom board in the future.  When it arrived, I inspected nearly all the keys and noticed only some minor flaws on the left and right edges of the 1.5 novelty modifiers (the gray carbon rings), as if there was too much flash on the caps when they came out of the mold and someone was a little sloppy when they shaved it off.  It also appeared that there might be a little crack on the edge of one of those modifiers, but upon closer inspection, I determined that it was not a crack.  Also, the shaved edges of the modifiers wouldn't be visible when the caps are on a board, so I'm not worried about it.  Some caps are not perfectly aligned.  I don't know if that is a manufacturing flaw or if it's due to some idiosyncrasy with the plate and switches of my board.  I only really notice the issue when I closely examine my board.  In spite of these minor issues, this set looks great. 

Jukebox was supposed to be my first SA set but, at the eleventh hour, I decided against purchasing it because some images of the color chip for the alphas appeared to be more tan than off-white and I didn't like the idea of tan and turquoise keycaps.  So, when Carbon was introduced, I knew that I wanted to make it my first set of custom keycaps. The color of the Carbon alphas is fantastic.  I could not imagine Carbon being better with a different shade of white on the alphas.  And I know there have been several orange/gray sets in the past few years, but the addition of the off-white alphas really sets Carbon apart.  And the gray color of the modifiers and industrial orange color of the novelties really pulls the theme together.  Also, the options for various layouts meant that I could get the keys necessary to support my custom layout.  Of course, that greatly added to the expense of this set.   Do I think Carbon was worth it?  Unequivocally, yes.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I liked the design and colorway of this set.   And as soon as I started typing on this set, I knew that I liked Sculpted SA.  A lot.  It sounds and feels great, and the profile really contributes to the visual appeal of Carbon.  Prior to this, the best sounding Cherry MX-style caps I used were the POMs on the Choc Mini.  Sculpted SA is my new favorite.  The dimensions of the caps makes them sound and feel different than other profiles of ABS keycaps, such that I now realize that a comparison of plastic and thickness alone is not sufficient when judging two sets of keycaps of different profiles.  The sound and feel of sculpted SA has certainly elevated my curiosity about Topre switches and what the experience of using Topre with SA would sound and feel like. 

The only improvements I can suggest for Carbon are row 4 shift keys (already coming in round 2) and an orange backspace key to allow for an all orange (with the novelties) number row.   I will definitely be buying row 4 shifts, and if an orange backspace key becomes available, I will be buying that too.  Carbon and sculpted SA have spoiled me for other profiles.  As much as I like Toxic and Hyperfuse, I now find them far less appealing because they are not sculpted SA.  I now need to replace the keys on my other daily driver because they are not sculpted SA.  If I have the funds, and if Yuri has Cyrillic-only alphas, I can almost guarantee that Yuri will be my next keyboard-related purchase.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #384 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 03:22:37 »
(Attachment Link)

Sorry for the potato.

This is my first experience with SA keycaps.  Having seen multiple photos of SA keycaps, I sometimes noticed what appeared to be keys that were not perfectly aligned.  I thought it may have been due to camera perspective but some images looked like the deviation was to great to be accounted for by camera perspective and that there was a manufacturing issue with SA; maybe a flaw in the molds or tooling.  So, as the delivery date approached, I began to get nervous.  I dropped a lot of cash on this set, so that I could use it when I build my custom board in the future.  When it arrived, I inspected nearly all the keys and noticed only some minor flaws on the left and right edges of the 1.5 novelty modifiers (the gray carbon rings), as if there was too much flash on the caps when they came out of the mold and someone was a little sloppy when they shaved it off.  It also appeared that there might be a little crack on the edge of one of those modifiers, but upon closer inspection, I determined that it was not a crack.  Also, the shaved edges of the modifiers wouldn't be visible when the caps are on a board, so I'm not worried about it.  Some caps are not perfectly aligned.  I don't know if that is a manufacturing flaw or if it's due to some idiosyncrasy with the plate and switches of my board.  I only really notice the issue when I closely examine my board.  In spite of these minor issues, this set looks great. 

Jukebox was supposed to be my first SA set but, at the eleventh hour, I decided against purchasing it because some images of the color chip for the alphas appeared to be more tan than off-white and I didn't like the idea of tan and turquoise keycaps.  So, when Carbon was introduced, I knew that I wanted to make it my first set of custom keycaps. The color of the Carbon alphas is fantastic.  I could not imagine Carbon being better with a different shade of white on the alphas.  And I know there have been several orange/gray sets in the past few years, but the addition of the off-white alphas really sets Carbon apart.  And the gray color of the modifiers and industrial orange color of the novelties really pulls the theme together.  Also, the options for various layouts meant that I could get the keys necessary to support my custom layout.  Of course, that greatly added to the expense of this set.   Do I think Carbon was worth it?  Unequivocally, yes.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I liked the design and colorway of this set.   And as soon as I started typing on this set, I knew that I liked Sculpted SA.  A lot.  It sounds and feels great, and the profile really contributes to the visual appeal of Carbon.  Prior to this, the best sounding Cherry MX-style caps I used were the POMs on the Choc Mini.  Sculpted SA is my new favorite.  The dimensions of the caps makes them sound and feel different than other profiles of ABS keycaps, such that I now realize that a comparison of plastic and thickness alone is not sufficient when judging two sets of keycaps of different profiles.  The sound and feel of sculpted SA has certainly elevated my curiosity about Topre switches and what the experience of using Topre with SA would sound and feel like. 

The only improvements I can suggest for Carbon are row 4 shift keys (already coming in round 2) and an orange backspace key to allow for an all orange (with the novelties) number row.   I will definitely be buying row 4 shifts, and if an orange backspace key becomes available, I will be buying that too.  Carbon and sculpted SA have spoiled me for other profiles.  As much as I like Toxic and Hyperfuse, I now find them far less appealing because they are not sculpted SA.  I now need to replace the keys on my other daily driver because they are not sculpted SA.  If I have the funds, and if Yuri has Cyrillic-only alphas, I can almost guarantee that Yuri will be my next keyboard-related purchase.

Wow thank you for the reply! :thumb:

I have to note Backspace suggestion. You know in other feedbacks i got similar request with backspace. There was like several requests for graphene (honeycumb) Backspace. I am sure there is a place for an additional kit in the next possible drop :)

Got my Carbon already and typing right now on it. I have to say that the most part i like of it, is (as you said) the off white alphas. They seem like they are made out of bones. So i call myself them Bone white Alphas.

I already typed with SA on Cherry profile. But as many others already said, topre brings the typing on SA Profile experience to another level. I would higly suggest you getting topre board with cherry stems. Typing right now on my Novoatouch with Carbon. Though need to silence it. My dental bands has been delivered currently.

Anyway thank you for the reply. I appreciate it :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #385 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 09:57:40 »
Mine is supposedly out for delivery today, really excited to see my set in person!

E: My set just got here, typing on it now on my Novatouch. Absolutely love it! Not sure that the R3 shifts are that big of a deal, but if R4 shifts become available I might grab them as well. Love the set, even though SA profile will take some getting used to.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 14:52:26 by user 18 »
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #386 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 15:37:11 »
Mine is supposedly out for delivery today, really excited to see my set in person!

E: My set just got here, typing on it now on my Novatouch. Absolutely love it! Not sure that the R3 shifts are that big of a deal, but if R4 shifts become available I might grab them as well. Love the set, even though SA profile will take some getting used to.

GZ!

Hope your Novatouch is silenced. Did it today for my and i am blown away. It feels like piano with SA Profile.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #387 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:02:16 »

GZ!

Hope your Novatouch is silenced. Did it today for my and i am blown away. It feels like piano with SA Profile.

My Novatouch is not silenced. I rather like the sound it makes, and I never need to use this particular board in a quiet environment. If I ever get bored, I might take the plunge, but I don't feel the need to adjust it yet.

Overall I'm very impressed with this set, particularly the warning signs. You did a great job :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #388 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:33:44 »
My Novatouch is not silenced. I rather like the sound it makes, and I never need to use this particular board in a quiet environment. If I ever get bored, I might take the plunge, but I don't feel the need to adjust it yet.

Overall I'm very impressed with this set, particularly the warning signs. You did a great job :thumb:

Thanks!

By the way please dont feel offended with my post about Novatouch. Pardon. I just didn't knew there are people who appreciate the stok version. Well everyone has its own preferences and likes :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:36:23 by T0mb3ry »

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #389 on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 17:42:40 »

Thanks!

By the way please dont feel offended with my post about Novatouch. Pardon. I just didn't knew there are people who appreciate the stok version. Well everyone has its own preferences and likes :)

Oh no, I'm not offended at all. I've just never had the opportunity to try a silenced one, and I know I don't dislike the way it is now. If I ever have the opportunity to try a silenced version, I may change my mind :)

Will post some pictures after I get them off of the camera. Hopefully it will be tonight, but might not be for another day or two.

E: Full board

More pics

Keys not on the board:
More

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 December 2015, 19:56:24 by user 18 »

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 06:54:19 »
Just got my Carbon set today and loving it! I missed out on a few of the optional addons that I now wish I'd purchased so I'm eagerly awaiting round 2!

Mira SE  |  Clueboard  |   B.face  |  HHKB Type-S

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 07:07:52 »

Thanks!

Oh no, I'm not offended at all. I've just never had the opportunity to try a silenced one, and I know I don't dislike the way it is now. If I ever have the opportunity to try a silenced version, I may change my mind :)

Will post some pictures after I get them off of the camera. Hopefully it will be tonight, but might not be for another day or two.

E: Full board
Show Image

More pics

Keys not on the board:
More
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice! I think you would appreciate full orange stripe like the post below. I have to consider it (ins, home, page up in orange too if you can imagine)

Just got my Carbon set today and loving it! I missed out on a few of the optional addons that I now wish I'd purchased so I'm eagerly awaiting round 2!

Show Image

Is that GON and GON numpad on top? I appreciate the orange num row stripe. Actually didn't thought to use Carbon 1.5u logo like that. Neet idea :)

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #392 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 07:26:30 »

Show Image

Is that GON and GON numpad on top? I appreciate the orange num row stripe. Actually didn't thought to use Carbon 1.5u logo like that. Neet idea :)

It's a WKL B.face X2 and B.pad. Unfortunately, I missed out on the numpad kit so it's got some other caps on it at the moment.

It appears the profile for rows 2 and 4 are just mirror image of each other so it worked out for the 1.5u mods. I put another one on Tab for the sake of symmetry.

Thanks for bringing this awesome set to us!  :thumb:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 07:36:21 »
It's a WKL B.face X2 and B.pad. Unfortunately, I missed out on the numpad kit so it's got some other caps on it at the moment.
This is that i thought. Unfortunately i got only amount of kits for personal and development use. Basically i do not sell kits and i do not have some spare lying around. But i think you will be able to find some on mechmarket or here on GH.

It appears the profile for rows 2 and 4 are just mirror image of each other so it worked out for the 1.5u mods. I put another one on Tab for the sake of symmetry.

Thats right row 2 and 4 are just mirror images to/of each other.

Thanks for the compliment  :thumb:

Offline Rayoui

« Reply #394 on: Thu, 24 December 2015, 14:37:50 »
This is that i thought. Unfortunately i got only amount of kits for personal and development use. Basically i do not sell kits and i do not have some spare lying around. But i think you will be able to find some on mechmarket or here on GH.

No worries, I'll keep my eyes peeled for a set

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 25 December 2015, 06:14:13 »
Haha! Got my keys today. What great timing. Christmas Day. All deliveries running as normal since it's just another day. I was pretty shocked that I ordered so much. I think I went a bit overboard. The board I want to put the keys on is at work, so will have to wait until tomorrow. They do look fantastic from a brief look.

Edit: So happy to have a set that fits this.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 December 2015, 01:32:25 by stoic-lemon »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #396 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 04:12:44 »
Haha! Got my keys today. What great timing. Christmas Day. All deliveries running as normal since it's just another day. I was pretty shocked that I ordered so much. I think I went a bit overboard. The board I want to put the keys on is at work, so will have to wait until tomorrow. They do look fantastic from a brief look.

Edit: So happy to have a set that fits this.

Show Image

Yeah minila! Actually i didn't thought Carbon could cover minila layout. So basically you did it with Base kit, Novelty kit, Planck kit and 3u spacebar (other kits like flex by the side).

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #397 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 04:31:02 »
Yeah it was about 5 different kits I think. Won't be doing that again  :)) Unless Yuri offers the same options.  :eek:  I have kits enough for it to go on a few different boards now though.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 04:45:40 »
Yeah it was about 5 different kits I think. Won't be doing that again  :)) Unless Yuri offers the same options.  :eek:  I have kits enough for it to go on a few different boards now though.
I am wondering your minilas bottom row is quite different from that i usually know for minila. See the picture below:

Is your minila a special version? Just curious.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #399 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 06:07:54 »
Ah mine is JIS layout. Well I should say it is the Japanese version since it certainly isn't standard.